The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

[quote name='drfrielgood']Hah, we've got a lot of people who check out that Wixom, MI Target. I go to that Target and also the ones in Livonia (near AMC 20) and Brighton. Wixom's clearance section is in a weird spot. [/quote]

Well, at least now I know who's been getting all those cheap ass games before I get there. I go to the one in Farmington on Grand River off 9 mile next to Gamestop and Kohl's but I haven't seen any clearance games there for a long while. You probably got there first again!!

Brighton Target has had Wolverine's Revenge(GBA) $20.80 and Action Replay (GC)$20.80 for almost 3 weeks now-- still there today even after all the Black Friday traffic.

I got the last copy of RE: Code Veronica at the Brighton Target for $4.98 last week. It was still marked $19.99 and was in the Greatest Hits endcap.

A couple other good unmarked deals are Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2 at the Target in Livonia off on Haggerty near 8 Mile. It's unmarked, but if you find a worker with one of the big guns it'll come up at $2.35 or so. I got one of the last two copies about three weeks ago, so I don't know if the other is still there. And at the Wixom Target, there's a couple copies of Pride FC marked for $29.99, but it comes up for $7.48 on the big gun.

I rarely go to that Farmington Target though, bmulligan. My cousins live right near it, but I really don't venture much further than Haggerty. So you've got that Target all to yourself!

I just picked up Dynasty Warriors 4 (Xbox) for $29.99 at the Bolingbrook, IL Target. All of the other games in the clearance section wasn't worth buying. Does anyone know which other Chicaoland Targets have alot of good games on clearance?

Hulk and Mace Griffin XB are alsomaking the rounds down around 15. I managed to snag SSX Tricky for 2.48 last week as well in Port Orange FL

WOW, some great deals at Target Greatland near Bimingham MICHIGAN.

Including:
Backyard Football NGC $4.38 (last one) sells for about $20 - $25 on ebay. This is a present for my little sister though ;-)
Phantasy Star Online NGC $14.98 (bought last two for ebay purposes)
Batman Xbox - $4.38
and Devil May Cry for $4.38
more but i don;t remmeber/

I couldn't find anything at my four local Target stores in San Fernando Valley, California (northwest Los Angeles County). :( Anyone else in the L.A. area know of any good places to hit?

I don't think they are actually selling the Zelda disk for $0.01

All of them are marked not for resale and scan as a penny for inventory purposes. At least, that's what the guy at my local Target told me. They are giving them out with a system purchase and they're in the locked cabinet at my Target with all the GC systems. Anyone else know differently?

I bought 11 (all they had) of the Zelda OOT/MQ for $0.01 about a couple of weeks ago.
I turned around and sold them on ebay and made $280.

I would go back and find a different employee and try to get all the discs.

[quote name='JibbaJabba']I bought 11 (all they had) of the Zelda OOT/MQ for $0.01 about a couple of weeks ago.
I turned around and sold them on ebay and made $280.

I would go back and find a different employee and try to get all the discs.

Also these discs were soppost to be given away with the purchase of the Wind Waker not the system. I think the guy is either on crack or just stupid and has these confused with the Collector's Edition Discs(which are inside the system box).

[/quote]

JIbba come on man...seriously...theres 10 people out there that arent gonna get a disc now cause of that.

What if you were 10, and you asked your parents for a cube knowing youd get a zelda disc with it...they goto target and just get the cube and thats it. Then on christmas working you opened up the cube and didnt get the zelda disc with it?

Yeah Jibba, thats not cool, 280 profit or not.

I would have been one seriously pissed of little kid.

My local Target has a whole tray of the 4-game Zelda Collection Discs (not the OOT/MQ version) locked behind the glass. I guess they are for the GameCubes that were already stocked before the new "bundles" came out.

To follow up on one of my previous posts, other games that were moved out from behind the glass and dropped from $40 to $30 recently are (all for PS2):
Chaos Legion
Auto Modelesta
Devil May Cry 2

OK people you are aware there are two different Zelda discs right?

The ones I grabbed were the OOT/Master Quest discs that were pre-orders for Wind Waker (released 9 months ago).
They were placed with all the other clearenced games on the end cap so I grabbed them.

I have never seen the COLLECTOR's Discs(CURRENT promotion) seperate from the Cube.

Has anyone from the Chicago land area found any og these deals and if so can you tell me which target store it was?

Also can the upc scans work in best buy or other places?

[quote name='ryosnk']Has anyone from the Chicago land area found any og these deals and if so can you tell me which target store it was?

Also can the upc scans work in best buy or other places?[/quote]

The scanning only allows you to check prices. The store must be equipped with a self-service UPC scanner. Only stores I know that use it are Target, KMart, Wal Mart, and TRU. It only assists you in checking the actual price when something is behind glass, so you don't have to hunt down a register jockey to unlock and tell you the price. Target is the biggest culprit for having items behind glass and mistagged/untagged.

[quote name='Snake2715']I have a t TOys R US! I havent had time to check there on the prices.[/quote]

I scanned the Zelda bonus disc at Toys R Us last week, and it came up to a ridiculous amount of like $59.99. It reminds me of the time I saw the SJRF/Sega GT 2002 Xbox bonus disc on sale separately at Best Buy for $99.99. I really doubt the store expects to sell too many of them.

Actually, I feel sorry for any consumers who are actually ignorant enough to pay that kind of money for it. Their money won't go very far if they spend it recklessly like this.

K, after some scanning I picked up-

Ready 2 Rumble Round 2 (PS2) - $4.98
Star Wars: Starfighter (PS2) - $3.28
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (X Box) -$4.98

Funny side story - As I was walking to the scanner I had so many games in my hand an old man asked me if I worked there and asked me where to find "Finding Nemo"!

......naturally, upset with the disturbance I punched him in the throat as hard as I could, and he fell to the ground with a sickly thurump and shook for like, five minutes. So that was pretty cool.

Helpful tip of the day when shopping @ Target--never wear a red shirt.

I have a cool red shirt I wear to the office sometimes, and damn if everytime I go to Target wearing it, someone doesn't ask me where they can find some merchandise-something-or-other... every time without fail.

Reminds me of that book, "Everything I learned about life I learned from Star Trek" -- the lesson being don't wear red shirts.

I live in L.A. so naturally there are a lot of people who wear UCLA Bruins colors blue and yellow. My friend has a UCLA polo shirt that's royal blue with a yellow logo on the left chest; everytime he wears that shirt while shopping at Best Buy, people mistake him for an employee. :lol:

Whenever I forget to take my badge off after work and go to a store, people think I'm an employee. Even if employees of the store wear uniforms and no badges. :evil:

Toms River, NJ

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy - Sale for $29.99

Backyard Football scanned for $4.95, although they don't have any copies (scanned the UPC).

Everything else appeared normal. No great deals, unfortunately.

[quote name='donssword']Helpful tip of the day when shopping @ Target--never wear a red shirt.

I have a cool red shirt I wear to the office sometimes, and damn if everytime I go to Target wearing it, someone doesn't ask me where they can find some merchandise-something-or-other... every time without fail.

Reminds me of that book, "Everything I learned about life I learned from Star Trek" -- the lesson being don't wear red shirts.[/quote]

I know what you mean. When I work as a little league umpire during the summer, our uniform is a red polo with khaki pants - just like a Target employee minus the nametag. I haven't been approached by a customer yet, but I certainly get plenty of looks from the other employees that seem to ask, "Do I know you, kid?"

I picked up Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (GCN) tonight for $7.48. I also saw the preview disk for Gamecube marked down to $4.98, but I'll wait until it drops once more.

I was curious about the way employees seem to make up a sale price (last price in handheld, 90% off last price in handheld, etc.) whenever items scan $0.00 in the stores. So, out of curiosity, I asked if there was a company policy for this situation...not mentioning games directly. The answer, which appears to be that it is up to each individual store, follows in the reply I got:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding merchandise that is unsold after
markdowns.

Target is a trend retailer that wants to provide you the latest in
merchandise at the lowest possible prices. We will markdown items that have
been discontinued or are seasonal products in order to make room for new
products. Any merchandise that has not been sold after going through our
markdown and clearance process is considered salvage merchandise. Target
often donates salvage merchandise to local non-profit organizations, or
sells it to a salvage vendor. In the rare occasions where salvage
merchandise is still on the sales floor, the store is empowered on how to
handle this merchandise.

Event Sales is a national salvage company that purchases Target salvage
merchandise whenever a local non-profit organization is not available to
take the items we wish to donate. If you are interested in purchasing
salvage merchandise from Event Sales, please call: 612-781-1502.

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. If you have any
further concerns regarding this matter, please contact Target Guest
Relations at 1-800-440-0680. We value you as our guest and thank you for
shopping at Target.

I am so ^&%#ing Pissed >.< my target doesn't have a bargain bin.Now everyones getting really awsome deals and I get squat.Aarrggghhhh

[quote name='Drakken']Toms River, NJ

No great deals, unfortunately.[/quote]
I feel your pain. Both of our local targets never see any decent deals.

Most of the Targets by me have relocated the clearance bin to a rear endcap by the book and magazine isle. It seems they have also slowed their clearancing as they shelves have not been re-stocked in weeks. Brighton, Livonia, Holt, Lansing, Wixom and Okemos, Michigan.

Before you give up in frustration over not having a bargain bin at your local Target, remember that a lot of times the real bargains are behind the glass case anyway. It's an extra pain to get to them because you have to ask the register/supply jockey to get them out for you.

Just look for the reduced price items you've seen listed here behind the glass case at your local Target, and then ask one of the monkeys to get the game(s) you're interested in for you. A "bargain bin" per se is not necessary as long as your Target has the reduced price games in stock.

I asked a Target employee to scan Unlimited Saga (behind the glass), since it still showed it at $50. He said he was sure it was still $50, apparently it had been recently tagged. It's hard to believe they still have it at that price...

Yeah, you guys gota catch a cashier in electronics and ask them to scan the games. Most of the bargains are behind the glass. Get someone with a telezone/hand scanner and have him scan all the games through the glass.

My local Targets do not have a "bargain bin" per say. There is a section of "Greatest Hits" style games but that's it in the game section.

What you have to look for is the "Clearance" endcaps. Both of my local Targets have two that sometimes feature games. One is near the magazines and PC games, and then another on the far end of the healthcare aisles. There's like two endcaps of deoderant and then one marked clearance. The cheap games are usually piled up on the bottom shelf with some other stuff hanging on hooks above. I don't know why they make them so hard to find.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah, you guys gota catch a cashier in electronics and ask them to scan the games. Most of the bargains are behind the glass. Get someone with a telezone/hand scanner and have him scan all the games through the glass.[/quote]

This is why we also came up with the plan to print your own barcodes. Hence you can check without having to harass the register monkey, or have to argue the price with them.

Lord Alfred, seriously. You think they want to put the crappy clearance endcap at like the front of the store. It's not like they're advertising their clearance stuff. We're lucky they're hard to find. If they were easy to find the deals would be too hard to get. All it takes is a little patience and effort to get the best deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back