The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

There was only one copy left of Dark Tommrow at my Target and they wanted 14.98. I'm waiting for it to drop to atleast 4$ before I buy it :p

The RE ports have a higher resolution and less loading times, thats about it.

Maximo - $4.38
LOTR Fellowship (PS2) - $4.38
Mad Maestro - $3.24
Burnout (PS2) - $11.38
Tom and Jerry Game (PS2) - $15.00
Spyro (PS2) - $8.??
Some others as well. Don;t rememebr. I scanned around 40 games. :whistle2:D
in Birmingham, MI at the Target Greatlands

Wixom, MI Target

I got the last copy of Vexx (PS2) for $4.98. There was I think two copies of Everquest for $4.98, three copies of Unlimited Saga for $7.48, a few copies of a FIFA game for $20, 2 Action Replays for X-Box for $24, and a bunch of random PSOne games marked down.

Can games ever ring up cheaper at the register than the "scan it yourself" machines indicate? My local Target still hasn't done the latest 50% cut on Maximo, Virtua Fighter 4, Unlimited Saga (PS2) that many have found the past couple weeks; still $10, $10, and $14 here.

However, I did notice that my store already had Freedom Fighters (PC) marked down from $40 to $20...of course, Amazon has it for $16.

[quote name='CameronPhD']Can games ever ring up cheaper at the register than the "scan it yourself" machines indicate? My local Target still hasn't done the latest 50% cut on Maximo, Virtua Fighter 4, Unlimited Saga (PS2) that many have found the past couple weeks; still $10, $10, and $14 here.

However, I did notice that my store already had Freedom Fighters (PC) marked down from $40 to $20...of course, Amazon has it for $16.[/quote]

Nope.. they're all hooked into the same pricing system. My advice is that if you can regularly check back on mondays or tuesdays, do so, because from my observations it looks like there's a tier system that certain stores (which appear to be higher volume), have an extended period to go to "final clearance pricing". I've seen stuff be priced at $6.48 in Burlington that goes for $20.98 the same day in Princeton, but like the lead post says, your milage may vary.

I've seen items scan crazy at the aisle scanners before.

Recently I saw the PS2 Arc the Lad scan for $0.00 at an aisle scanner, but obviously that wasn't right. Of course, it scanned for regular price at the cashier (well, actually on a hand scanner).

I thought I'd fallen into the good stuff for a while there.

Edit: Heh, reading the rest of the thread helps. Ignore me, I hadn't done that until just now.

Nightcaster 2 (xbox) for $12.98 in Amherst, NY. I don't think it's supposed to be great, but it has to be better than the first one.

I got Golden Sun on GBA for 10 bucks, Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly for 10 bucks, Socom, no red stripe for $15 and Ratchet Clank, no stripe for $15 at Target today.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I got Golden Sun on GBA for 10 bucks, Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly for 10 bucks, Socom, no red stripe for $15 and Ratchet Clank, no stripe for $15 at Target today.[/quote]

All great deals, although Socom and Ratchet are technically not clearance items, just part of the greatest hits selection on sale this week for $15 a pop (cool that you got the stripeless ones, though).

Yeah, I refuse to buy them with the GH stripe, that's just the way I am, so I had to buy them while they were still in circulation without them.

Yeah...I don't like the GH versions either. Haven't bought one yet, then again, I don't wait around long around to pick 'em up as GH.

I was able to find a non-GH version of Kingdom Hearts the other day and I had to pick up another copy.

Just picked up Dark Cloud and Resident Evil: Code Veronica X for $4.98 at a Chicago burbs Target...TONS of Dark Clouds but only 1 more Resident Evil.

Nightercaster 2 has the strange phenomenom in co-op where if you and your partners characters get too close together, they will fuse into a singular being which will not move an unstoppable four-armed beast with lead feet.
Avoid it until it drops well below 5 dollars.

I have been to 4 Targets down in my Area (Miami-Dade County, in Florida) and none have any clearance at this time, if anyone sees a X Box live set for clearance could you please let me know, as I would gladly pay cost,shipping plus extra for your time. Thanx again.

I just tried out my local target and its got a ton of PS2 and Xbox games, too bad I was looking for GCN games.

They had two cube games, both crap, and no GBA games at all reduced.

[quote name='KingNES']Jason could you list the x games, your target had please? Thanx[/quote]

I didn't really pay too much attention since I don't have an Xbox, but I noticed they had about a million copies of Spiderman for $16.50. Most of what they had was just regular priced platinum hits.

I picked up Code Veronica X today for $4.98. They also had Burnout (PS2) for $11, and a bunch of other clearance games for $14-$20. None that were worth a price that high. Also, I got Activision Anthologies for $10. Not on clearance, but still a great deal.

Princeton NJ:

Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2) $5
WWE Crush Hour $5
XenoSaga $7.50
Unreal Tournament 2003 $5

Also I picked up an Activision Anthology for a Tenner.

There was lots of clearance stuff that was old, but just seemed to appear.

Anyone who may have an extra Xenosaga please let me know, as I am in need of one and cant find then down here, thanx

Action replay xbox and gamecube for $14.98.
Castlevania aria of sorrow: $14.98
zeldfa orace of ??? - $9.98

panzer dragoon orta (xbox) - 14.96
castlevania aria of sorrow (gba) 14.96
Yu Gi Oh Dungeon Dice monsters(gba) - 14.96
Mace griffin (xbox) 9.99
crazy taxi (gba) 15
medabots (gba) 10

playing panzer right now..god its good

Target wixom, mi

Does anyone know which Chicagoland Targets have these clearance games that I've being reading about.? I have checked 6 different stores in my area, but none of them have any games on clearance.

yeah, they had at least 2 more in the clearance area..they always miss some over in the $20 game area

btw, its the clearance area in the back corner, where the sound systems are.

Sonic Mega Collection for $14.98
Chase Hollywood Stunt Driver for $3.24
Tomb Raider: The Last Revalation $2.24
The latest Yu-gi-oh game on GBA 17.98
Mace Griffin 9.98

Lake Charles, LA

Not bad for SMC, decent bang for your buck

War Craft III Collectors edition is down to 34.24 at my target. If I had any money I'd pick it up. It comes with WCIII and a strategy guide and warcraft 2. ...I think. But it at least has WCIII and the sg.

Anyone find some Gamecube/GBA Target deals near beautiful Newark, NJ? Us ghetto gamers like deals too. I think there's a store in Linden.

Well... X-2 Wolverines Revenge for GBA is 13.28 and Disney's Magic Something or other is 13.28 also. I think the x-men game got almost decent reviews. I'd wait a little until it drops to 5 or below.

Hah, we've got a lot of people who check out that Wixom, MI Target. I go to that Target and also the ones in Livonia (near AMC 20) and Brighton. Wixom's clearance section is in a weird spot.

It has been a while since I have scanned a self-made page of barcodes as described at the start of this thread, but I noticed some movement of games out of the locked case at my Target that may be a sign of things to come or may have only been to relieve some stress from the employees this weekend.
But, many PS2 games that had been labeled as $39.99 behind the glass, were now out and scanning $29.99 at the self-scan doofers. The ones I tested at my store were The Getaway and Dark Cloud 2...but there were a ton more that had been added to the "cheap" section this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back