Viva Piñata - General Discussion & Piñata Trading - Demo Out Now

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sometimes it doesnt even tell you you have mail. Have him check with the mail lady and there's an option in there to check incoming mail.[/QUOTE]

Yea he checks that every 2 hours or so and nothing.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yea he checks that every 2 hours or so and nothing.[/quote]

Must be a glitch then. I had one happen to me where I sent off a pinata for a party and it never came back. fucking kids must have beat it to death :cry:

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yea he checks that every 2 hours or so and nothing.[/quote]

I thought I had lost Pinatas from the post office, but I found out I wasn't looking in the right place. Make sure you look in the top right rand corner and mapped to one of the buttons(I think X) it should say something like Received Crates. Then it lets you place it in the garden.

Also, LP, I thought I lost a Pinata after sending it to a party, but it (an Elephanilla) was outside of my garden so I could not find it anywhere. It came back eventually, but make sure you check your resident Pinatas list and see if it is there.

Are the subtitles and all other words, and EVERYthing duppossed to be impossible to read and as unclear, fuzzy, blurry, as possivble?

Are the subtitles and all other words, and EVERYthing suppossed to be impossible to read and as unclear, fuzzy, blurry, as possivble?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Must be a glitch then. I had one happen to me where I sent off a pinata for a party and it never came back. fucking kids must have beat it to death :cry:[/quote]

Happened to one of my Pretztails too. I sent him off to a party, and he came back, underneath the ground in my lake. Couldn't get him out, couldn't break him - nothing. He's there, and I could target him, but he wouldn't do anything. Haven't played in a while so I've no idea if he righted himself.

[quote name='halfbent']Happened to one of my Pretztails too. I sent him off to a party, and he came back, underneath the ground in my lake. Couldn't get him out, couldn't break him - nothing. He's there, and I could target him, but he wouldn't do anything. Haven't played in a while so I've no idea if he righted himself.[/quote]

If you're able to box him up, you should be able to send him to yourself to fix that. I've heard it mentioned as a way to fix the 'invisible' bug too, although I haven't been unfortunate enough to experience this myself...

[quote name='AshesofWake']someone sent me a chewnicorn, what's so special about them?[/QUOTE]

They can heal sick Pinata and they live in fluffy clouds with rainbows (ie. they kick much ass).

This game kicks ass..If it was Nintendo publishing it and not MSFT, it would have been a huge hit. I think the crazy marketing bullshit with the TV show and annoying standees hurt it, it had me interested, but I was turned off by that stuff and only picked it up when I had a gift card at sears and nothing else to buy.

[quote name='sonicdescent']This game kicks ass..If it was Nintendo publishing it and not MSFT, it would have been a huge hit. I think the crazy marketing bullshit with the TV show and annoying standees hurt it, it had me interested, but I was turned off by that stuff and only picked it up when I had a gift card at sears and nothing else to buy.[/QUOTE]

I think it is selling pretty decently as word of mouth has really been positive on this game. I know there have been quite a few CAGs that have picked this up due to so many people here liking it and I would assume a similar reaction is happening on other game sites.

But yes, if this was a Nintendo game it would be a system seller.

...And I expect my above comment on Chewnicorn's to sell at least another 2 copies of this game. :)

Anyone having trouble with obtaining a Roario. The stupid thing comes in and keeps eating donuts, but ignores the zumbugs. He will eat 1 donut, thus killing his visit requirement. So I go and have the catcher get one to get the number back to 5. Comes in, eats another donut. I'm on the verge of boxing them all up as soon as he steps on the property.

Do I need to continue meeting the visit requirement after the first time? Or do I just have bad luck with him looking blankly at my garden after he just ruined the requirement.

[quote name='Surferflames']Anyone having trouble with obtaining a Roario. The stupid thing comes in and keeps eating donuts, but ignores the zumbugs. He will eat 1 donut, thus killing his visit requirement. So I go and have the catcher get one to get the number back to 5. Comes in, eats another donut. I'm on the verge of boxing them all up as soon as he steps on the property.

Do I need to continue meeting the visit requirement after the first time? Or do I just have bad luck with him looking blankly at my garden after he just ruined the requirement.[/quote]

Sometimes its the same one that comes back, when he comes back in he should already have the check mark for the donut requirement.

Wow. I just put my copy on hold during an Oblivion streak.

I find it hard to get back into.

I made another garden, and started master romancing a bunch of species, but I had to keep getting rid of so much stuff in my gardens, it just got kind of borring. I'll try to get back into it soon. Maybe I'll just make a brand new garden or something.

Only two achievements left for me, Master Romancer and the 50 hours played. I've only master romanced eight different breeds and only played for about 20 hours so those two may be out of the question. Though there is nothing coming till Lost Planet so we'll see.

I haven't done anything online yet with this game.. nor have I even gone into that option about the post office (isn't that what it is?)

But someone could send me a Chewnicorn if they want ^_^

I think this game really is a feat. But really i was turned off of it like another poster was basically because of all the (forced) tie-ins. But it still seemed like it could be interesting especially with Rare's trackrecord (minus the reason tanks). But i would have never bought it for 49.99... when best buy dropped it to 29.99 right before Christmas, i jumped on it...and im definitely glad i did.

[quote name='lilboo']I haven't done anything online yet with this game.. nor have I even gone into that option about the post office (isn't that what it is?)

But someone could send me a Chewnicorn if they want ^_^[/quote]

I sent you a friend request, just accept it and I'll send out the Chewnicorn.

[quote name='King']I sent you a friend request, just accept it and I'll send out the Chewnicorn.[/quote]If you're popping out Chewnicorns as a post-Holiday season gift, I'd appreciate being on one end of it.

anyone know what the sweets value or the twin value is when you look in a residents pinatas value section. I can't for the life of me figure out what the heck they are for. I have a sweetooth worth over 10k but the poor thing has 0 sweets and a 0 twin value.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone have an extra Chewni' I'll take one :D[/QUOTE]

I can probably send one your way, but it won't be until tomorrow. It can be payment for my new Gamercard.

if anyone wants to hook me up with any pinatas feel free. i just started playing yesterday with my girlfriend, and we're completely addicted

gamertag; blainex

Curious to see if anyone has seen this problem..

I just started playing last night. I've got a couple pinatas and now if I try to get my Mothdrops to romance, it switches to the loading screen for the mini-game and then hard locks the 360. I've tried doing a couple other things first, but no matter what as soon as I come back to those 2 it locks. Any ideas? Should I just start over since it's still early?

[quote name='dealer']Curious to see if anyone has seen this problem..

I just started playing last night. I've got a couple pinatas and now if I try to get my Mothdrops to romance, it switches to the loading screen for the mini-game and then hard locks the 360. I've tried doing a couple other things first, but no matter what as soon as I come back to those 2 it locks. Any ideas? Should I just start over since it's still early?[/quote]

That's just weird. Wondering if the disc is defective. You should create a new garden and concentrate on getting mothdrops, if it happens again, I would go back to where you bought it and exchange it.

I'm working on some of the last master romancers and variants that I need, so if anyone is looking for anything in particular let me know, I'd like to trade or share with others! Just friend me.

[quote name='javeryh']I am having a hard time managing everything right now - I hit the pinata limit the other day and had to start getting rid of some. I had the frog and the snake and I was trying to keep both but the snake has to eat the frog in order to romance so I sacrificed both of my frogs to get the snakes to romance. I hope I can get the frogs back eventually. I also expanded my garden for the first time which was cool but now all the stuff I had tucked in the corner are out in the middle. Do you guys knock down pinata homes to make room for new ones? I'm having a hard time letting go of a species to make room for another.

Plus, pinatas are getting ill way more frequently and I'm spending money faster than I can earn it. There's no way I'm going to get to $25,000 anytime soon (nevermind $100,000).[/QUOTE]

To advance quickly in the game (earning achievements and getting lots of money), you'll need to let go of your pinata breeds and houses. Selling the houses and 5 or more creatures after you reach Master Romancer status is a huge source of income. And once you start collecting really big pinatas, you just can't have little ones underfoot or they'll get crushed repeatedly.

But if you just can't bear to sell them right now, and if you're annoyed at your garden design now that it's expanded, a good short-term solution is to begin another garden. You can do this at any point and your money will be shared among all your gardens. If you're really attached to some of your pinatas, mail them to yourself and pick them up when signed in to your other garden. Also, any new gardens will start at your current size, not the smallest size, so you can plan your design more easily.

Crowding is the #1 cause of fights and illness among pinatas, so spreading out will also help on that front.

[quote name='gizmogc']Level 29 and still no Chewnicorns :whistle2:( Someone PLEASE send me one.[/QUOTE]

I'm at level 54 and I still haven't seen one other than the one I was sent.

[quote name='gizmogc']Level 29 and still no Chewnicorns :whistle2:( Someone PLEASE send me one.[/QUOTE]
You need about another 30 levels before you'll see one.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That's just weird. Wondering if the disc is defective. You should create a new garden and concentrate on getting mothdrops, if it happens again, I would go back to where you bought it and exchange it.[/quote]

I ended up selling the 2 offending Mothdrops, playing for a while, getting some new Mothdrops and they seem to romance find. Probably just a weird irreproducable glitch.

I'm having an odd problem. I can't get more than one "tree" to grow fruit. I have a hazelnut tree that has been popping out hazelnuts forever. However, my recently planted blackberry bushes and apple tree will not bear fruit! What am I missing? Thanks!

I'd really like to trade someone for a Chippopotamus. I've been trying to get one for the last 15 game days and for whatever reason the bastard seems to only visit about 1 in 5 days and then all his requirements reset the next time he decides to show up.

I've got plenty I can trade including Chewnicorns, Eaglairs, and Galagoogoos. Only things I don't have are Roarios, Elephants, and Bears, and the sour stuff. I wanted to get all the water stuff done before I went for the last few pinatas.

[quote name='Mindzeye82']I'm having an odd problem. I can't get more than one "tree" to grow fruit. I have a hazelnut tree that has been popping out hazelnuts forever. However, my recently planted blackberry bushes and apple tree will not bear fruit! What am I missing? Thanks![/quote]

Fertilizer. As the sprout is growing, feed it fertilizer, it will make a little sound when its working and a buzzing noise when you aren't using the right one. It normally goes with the plant. Yellow for sunflower seeds, red for chilli's and so on.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']You need about another 30 levels before you'll see one.[/QUOTE]

I was able to get one at about lvl 35. As soon as Ponocky is available for purchase, you can attract Horstachio. Ivor sells gems at lvl 34, so its easy from there.

The longest time is spent breeding Horstachio to Master Breeder.

I hate to ask this, but can somebody send me a Sherbat? I wound up beating the sour one to a pulp after my harvester kept stealing my Jack-O-Lanterns. Now I need one for the achievement and I'm SOL otherwise.

I could offer up a Chewnicorn, or 50 other Pinatas (save for most of the highest levels) if anybody wants.

Im level 40 and ive seen on ;) you need the horsetacio master romancer award for it to appear you need a fully grown gem tree and something else for it to become a resident. I still havnt done it but im close. If anyone wants to send me some pinatas feel free. You know my gamercard ;)

just started playing the other day and this game is kind of addicting :)

i'm a bit over level 10 but i'm not sure what level exactly (how do you check?)

if anyone can send me any spare pinatas that would be great :)

Either of you guys have any requests? I'm going through the game now, trying to get all the pinatas I've missed and romance them, so I can get you almost anything :)

bread's done
Back