Will Rocko and I meet up for an OTT photo shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tayloreedify DarthPuma bout to sign with Psychopathic Records.
---
Today, I walked over to my mom's place and noticed her car wasn't there. Out of all the crappy cars in the lot, some probably even more accessible than hers, they steal her freaking car! A 2002 silver impala w/ liability ins only, since we're poor folk. She's been in another world with all the painkillers she's poppin' for that torn meniscus so she probably wouldn't have been able to even dial 911 if she had heard something anyway. Our neighbor said the car was already gone at 12am, so it had already been missing for 10+ hours by the time I went over there. Worst summer ever. :\

Oh, and Wilfred is good stuff.

I feel embarrassed for him.

So yeah, business as usual.

bbc.jpg

Homeowners, any suggestions on lawn mowers?

Looking for a push/self-propelled walk-behind mower -- I really liked the craftsman mower my neighbor has and let me borrow, but the one I bought from the local Sears was defective and it's exchange was defective with the same problem.
A local shop has a similar Toro mower for a similar price, but it's FWD instead of RWD and I think the engine has less torque... also, I'm not sure the local Toro dealer has any sort of warranty plan like the Sears replacement one. Lowe's/Wal-mart/Home Depot seem to be wastelands unless I want a super premium mower.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Homeowners, any suggestions on lawn mowers?[/QUOTE]

Craftsman or any mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine...I have a 21" push mower that I cut a 3/4 acre corner lot that is all hill and Ive run over every variety of animal, vegetable and/or mineral. Going on 7 years now.

So I went to warp tour yesterday because my friend begged me to go. I always thought warp tour was for punk rock bands like Green Day and Blink and Good Charlotte (you can use those bands as a time frame of when I last paid attention to warp tour), I get there and the average age had to be like 16. Then there are all of these fake death metal bands screaming inaudible gibberish. It dawns on me that these is were you go if you are too much of a pussy to go to real death metal concerts.

I did get to see A Day to Remember which put on a great show. Although it sucked that every band I would have been interested in seeing, Paramore, Gym Class Heroes etc didnt even start until after my cities tour date.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']How big is your yard?[/QUOTE]

just under 1/4 acre. lots of obstacles on the fence line.

[quote name='Number83']Craftsman or any mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine...I have a 21" push mower that I cut a 3/4 acre corner lot that is all hill and Ive run over every variety of animal, vegetable and/or mineral. Going on 7 years now.[/QUOTE]

I tried to buy a craftsman. The front left wheel adjuster has been busted on two in a row now where it's bent out from the track so the lifter doesn't fit in the holes correctly and the steel of the mechanism cuts into the wheel axle. I'm so fucking pissed at craftsman, but it's the mower I wanted -- I'm just not willing to upgrade models past the $300 one I was buying to get a craftsman without the fucked up wheel adjustment mechanism. The next model up was another $50 for the keystart feature, which my neighbor's has and he hates, and is useless to me. The second return was too much aggravation, so after two of the same model with the same problem, I asked for a refund rather than exchange and now have no means to cut the lawn. My old mower was a husqvarna that I got a little lax on maintainence for, which taught me a few things about push mowers. I really don't want another husqvarna at this point though, as I hate their trademark orange decks and the BS my last mower threw at me (though I admittedly abused the hell out of it).

I was pretty set on going up to the local mower place and grabbing the similar 22" model Toro from them for about the same price, but I'm leery of that because the differences in the mower features.
Edit: Place in town is randomly fucking closed today... UGH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I own a black and decker electric mower, but then again, I have a tiny yard, so YMMV. It's great though. Sure, it looks like I'm vacuuming my lawn, but the thing has been working for 3+ years now.

Frosty, tell your old lady to send me an invite!

Damn, everybody gots those Google Plus invites. If anyone still has one let me know so I can PM my email.

~~~~~

We have a 20" Weed Eater brand with a Briggs and Stratton. It is solid.

[quote name='flowery']Damn, everybody gots those Google Plus invites. If anyone still has one let me know so I can PM my email.

~~~~~

We have a 20" Weed Eater brand with a Briggs and Stratton. It is solid.[/QUOTE]

PM me your email and I'll put you in the next time I have a batch to send out.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']PM me your email and I'll put you in the next time I have a batch to send out.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Thanks.

Big ups to Alex at Micky D's, I ordered about 8 bucks worth of stuff and had to wait about a min for my nuggets. During that time I joked and talked to the guy for a while (wasnt busy)...when I left I found that there was about 20 bucks worth of stuff in my bag.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Homeowners, any suggestions on lawn mowers?

Looking for a push/self-propelled walk-behind mower -- I really liked the craftsman mower my neighbor has and let me borrow, but the one I bought from the local Sears was defective and it's exchange was defective with the same problem.
[/QUOTE]

I've had very bad luck with our last two Briggs powered mowers. The first was a Craftsman 6.5HP SP bagger/mulcher. The most recent was a Husqvarna, same HP also self propelled, which faired much better but the engine was again the downfall. According to my neighborhood landscaper and my local small engine shop Briggs has gone to absolute shit in the past 6 years- and I believe them. My friend who's a landscaper only buys Honda powered mowers (for his smaller walk behinds) on anything less than 10hp and only buys larger equipment with Kawasaki and Kohler.

The deck, drive and rest of the assembly on my husqi was fantastic and I'd buy another one of those again with a different engine in a heart beat.

FWIW, my father would only buy a Briggs & Stratton, Tecumseh or Kohler powered machine- but I'll never buy another Briggs powered machine.

Apparently all mowers are now made by less than 4 companys and what you are paying for is features, paint, stickers and different warranties.

I've avoided the "service plans" at retailers (even though I've bought all my mowers at Sears) because I have a good & cheap local shop and I change the plugs, filters and oil myself twice a season (it's very easy on a walk behind mower, if you can install a door knob you can do it). Even if I'd had them the warranties wouldn't have covered the types of engine failures I've had (and when they failed) on my machines.

If I were buying right now I'd spend the extra cash on one of the Honda powered mowers with a stainless deck, if your keeping yours in a shed/garage the stainelss deck is, obviously, less important. In the past I've kept mine under a deck and under a cover. I expect to get at least 10 years out of a mower, if I only get 4-5 out of one I get pissed.

I'm in the market right now for a ZTR because my new yard is too big to push mow, and all the indy dealers are steering my towards a Kawasaki powered mower for those (for 20+ HP, they allegedly have the fewest repairs).

-but don't take my word for it- ask your local repair shop or indy dealer, I don't believe anything sales people and HD, Lowe's or Sears tell me anymore.

I have literally no motivation to work on my thesis now that I work full time and I'm out of school.

Which is pretty terrible because if I don't finish soon (like in the next month) I'm fucked.

Better get cracking. Time to become...A MAN.

As for mowers I just have a generic Weed Eater model I got from Wal-Mart 4 years ago. Still runs okay. Never changed the blade, oil, spark plusgs or any of that.

Of course my yard is a mix of grass, dandelions, clover and other weeds so I'm probably the wrong person to ask.

Google+ is slick but I hope it doesn't get lame and clogged up like the facebook.

All you cool cats in here that want to be in a circle or need invites PM me.

Son of a bitch, just got a letter saying they are raising my rent.......this was a great time for my wife to go back to school.

Maybe its time to look into renting/buying a house....if I can get my rent down a couple hundred and not live in a shithole I would be so much happier.

[quote name='seanr1221']I have literally no motivation to work on my thesis now that I work full time and I'm out of school.

Which is pretty terrible because if I don't finish soon (like in the next month) I'm fucked.

Better get cracking. Time to become...A MAN.[/QUOTE]

If you ever read Matt Groening during his comic Life in Hell days before the Simpsons blew up he said

"The gut-wrenching agony of trying to finish your thesis: Read another book. Repeat when necessary." :D

I haven't been as busy as I am now trying to move into my new house since I can't remember. I'm working exclusively with my Dad and no one else to move in, and he wants to move me in slow, and I want everything in there immediately, so we're butting heads on that front. Doesn't really matter, because I won't get Internet until next Sat. anyway.

I still am not sure exactly what my bills will be from month to month because I'm getting bills for utilities for half a month that are barely used.

I think I'll stay out of the deals threads for quite awhile and impose an embargo on spending money on games for at least two weeks.

It's a case of could afford things, but shouldn't.

Went to Family Video near my new house yesterday. The girl behind the counter was hot - as in hot like those girls who'd never give nerds like me the time of day in HS. Too bad it's about 18 miles away, didn't have any games or movies for sale. I might still check it out every 2-3 weeks for deals. If I'm really desperate to play a game and bored on same weekend, I might go. I can't justify 32 miles worth of gas for one rental, even driving with a Focus.

Went to the Pawn America near my house yesterday too, and some ass parked so close to me that I had to enter through the passenger side. Lots of games, but they knew what stuff was worth. If I'm too lazy to redbox stuff, some cheap DVDs to be had, though. ($3)

[quote name='2DMention']

I still am not sure exactly what my bills will be from month to month because I'm getting bills for utilities for half a month that are barely used.
[/QUOTE]
You might ask the local utilities for an annual usage statement for your property, ours was bank owned for about 9 months so it did us no good, but if yours was occupied it might help; Or, if your neighbors house size is comparable just ask them.

Has anyone done one of the "free" water test kits from HD? If so- how long does it take to get the results?

I'm about to just take another sample to the local extension office because I've been waiting about 3 weeks. Might as well take them a soil sample while I am at it.

We have the basic murray lawnmower from Wal-Mart. This is the second one we have had. The first one last like fifteen years and we have had the current one for five years. Our yard is four tenths of an acre.

We have also owned a snapper comet and a self propelled version of whatever home depots in store brand is. Both of those lasted a good while (the comet we sold since our yard has too much stuff in it for a riding mower).

My mom brought home her bosses dog this weekend and man this thing sheds like crazy. Something to note if you still want a Welsh Corgi music. The dog is really fucking cool aside from having a really loud bark. The way she gets fed and how into playing catch she gets is great.

Quick question.

Does the Joker from batman suffer from any psychological disorder?

I was told that he is completely sane and chooses to hurt people for fun. He doesn't hallucinate. Doesnt hear voices telling him to kill. So basically, he is aware of what he is doing, and the consequences.. Besides, he is intelligent.

Then I was also told that he is a sociopath. But don't sociopaths have no control over their actions?

Anyone care to elaborate? Really curious about this. And what I said might be wrong. Was just repeating what someone told me.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Quick question.

I was told that he is completely sane and chooses to hurt people for fun. He doesn't hallucinate. Doesnt hear voices telling him to kill. So basically, he is aware of what he is doing, and the consequences.. Besides, he is intelligent.

Then I was also told that he is a sociopath. But don't sociopaths have no control over their actions?

Anyone care to elaborate? Really curious about this. And what I said might be wrong. Was just repeating what someone told me.[/QUOTE]

I refuse to answer your question just based on the fact that you said:

I was told that he is completely sane and chooses to hurt people for fun.

I might as well piss into the wind.

Anyone care to elaborate? Really curious about this. And what I said might be wrong. Was just repeating what someone told me.[/QUOTE]

Sociopathy is a loosely-defined term that may be used to refer to:
  • Antisocial personality disorder
  • Psychopathy
  • Dissocial personality disorder
Throughout his comic book appearances, the Joker is portrayed as a master criminal whose characterization has varied. The original and currently dominant image is of a highly intelligent psychopath with a warped, sadistic sense of humor, while other writers have portrayed him as an eccentric prankster. Similarly, throughout the character's long history, there have been several different origin tales; they most commonly depict him as falling into a tank of chemical waste, which bleaches his skin white and turns his hair green and his lips bright red, giving him the appearance of a clown.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Well, I own a black and decker electric mower, but then again, I have a tiny yard, so YMMV. It's great though. Sure, it looks like I'm vacuuming my lawn, but the thing has been working for 3+ years now.

Frosty, tell your old lady to send me an invite![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Temporaryscars']You nignogs suck. I ask for google plus shit and I get JACK AND SHIT![/QUOTE]

PM me your email address and I'll send you the invite. All you had to do was send me your email and I would've done it already. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']You might ask the local utilities for an annual usage statement for your property, ours was bank owned for about 9 months so it did us no good, but if yours was occupied it might help; Or, if your neighbors house size is comparable just ask them.

Has anyone done one of the "free" water test kits from HD? If so- how long does it take to get the results?

I'm about to just take another sample to the local extension office because I've been waiting about 3 weeks. Might as well take them a soil sample while I am at it.[/QUOTE]

Nope, mine was a foreclosure. I'll just wait and see what my bills will be next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back