Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

not a deal but possibly for others out there who unfortunately lives in WI. walmart deal is live in stores but as the scan says you'll only receive a $50 gift card instead of $100 compared to all the other states. I just bought mine at Oshkosh and there are still a lot of the holiday bundles (found them hidden right behind the standlone 160 gigs).
attachment.php

[quote name='shinryu333']not a deal but possibly for others out there who unfortunately lives in WI. walmart deal is live in stores but as the scan says you'll only receive a $50 gift card instead of $100 compared to all the other states. I just bought mine at Oshkosh and there are still a lot of the holiday bundles (found them hidden right behind the standlone 160 gigs).
attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

Faillllllllllllll. I'm guessing it's because of WI's dumb minimum mark up law. I went to Wal-mart and all the PS3s were still there because it was only a $50 gift card. So we miss out on the Walmart and Best Buy sales on the PS3s. Glad I live close enough to IL.

my brother wanted a slim because he sold his old (phat) one to my sister. I just wanted him to get a good deal when buying a new PS3 and unfortunately we live in a state with less deals. I was going to buy it from amazon when it was still alive with the $100 GC but he does not shop online (amazon).

Back to the point, Kaelestis, you are right. this is not a deal but I wanted to point out that if anyone wanted it and is looking for the BF holiday bundle, theres a chance that they can still get them with the $50 CG. also don't forget that Uncharted 2 and MOH each retails for $30 or more when bought separately. I guess it'll make up for buying just the standlone system in Wisconsin.

I always see the stickers on the gas pumps which have to do with it but it's the first time it has ruined a deal for me. Guess we can't get the really really good deals.

Maybe Amazon will match BB over the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
:roll:Really there only giving a $50 GC instead of $100 here in WI? how is that right isnt that false advertising ?

This isnt like there marking the system down its just a bonus they tossed on top of it to get people tp buy it....

its not false advertisement, Derrick. the scan that I got was from a Wisconsin Walmart ad that I copied from SlickDeal's site. Its says in fine print that you only get $50 GC.

can't wait to see if Best Buy and Target is the same issue as they are price matching GC today and tomorrow as discuss in the other forums.

i guess they really don't want us in WI to buy a new PS3

[quote name='xplocvo']Sun Prairie Target has one Dragon Age Ultimate collection for PS3, for $15. Also one Fallout 3 GOTY PS3 for $25.[/QUOTE]

I love that target

I passed on the Dragon Age Ultimate for the PS3 for $15 at the West Madison Target. (Already have it for the PC and regret the purchase... sigh.)

Also at the West Madison Target they had NHL 10 for the 360 for $12.48. Once that hits $6.24, I'm all over it. Much better than NHL11 in my opinion.

Hi all, I'm in the EC area and wondering if anyone has seen any sweet deals around here?
I'm still kinda new to town/site and don't know of any places to to hit up around here, any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='klwillis45']The disc drive in my Wii recently took a dump & mangled 2 of my discs.

Any recs for disc repair in the Milwaukee area?[/QUOTE]

Piranha Games I know does repairs up in Racine. I do not know the prices for it though.

[quote name='Lugi']$15!? I would have picked it up just for the resale value! Thats amazing![/QUOTE]

I'm not big on buying games to resell them.

If someone wants it for that price, I'd rather leave it at the store.

I guess I could have helped out a CAG for that price, but oh well. Next time perhaps.

This might be a weird question, or at least a very long shot...but are there any Oshkosh CAGs here that would like a Play it Again Sports gift card? I have $500 to spend there and can't see myself spending it all. If you'd like to work out a deal of some kind, PM me and we can work out the details.

If I still golfed a lot then I could easily spend the $500 on some new irons and a driver but I just don't get out that often anymore.

If anyone in Oshkosh is into sports I'm sure we can work a deal. (I'd meet you at the store to exchange the card)

The Sun Prairie Target clearance section was amazingly picked over today.

Green Day Rock Band for the 360 for $19.98
DJ Hero for the PS3 for $25.98

Pretty sad selection.

The Goodwill in New Berlin got a big dump from Target and Big Lots recently...I picked up a Target clearanced new PSP Clone Wars for $4.99 and a new 360 Scene It? Bright Lights! Big Screen for $6.99. There was a new black wireless 360 controller for $24.99 and a new Kinect for $99.99 in the glass case, passed on both...second Kinect I've seen at a Goodwill in the last week. The first was marked $74.99 and didn't last a day. Also picked up a MegaMan X figure that had a Big Lots sticker on it...saw lots of other Big Lots merchandise scattered around the store.

Rich

[quote name='klwillis45']The disc drive in my Wii recently took a dump & mangled 2 of my discs.

Any recs for disc repair in the Milwaukee area?[/QUOTE]

I know this is an old post, but the Mega Media XChange in Brookfield does disc resurfacing for $3. It's next to the Best Buy on Bluemound.

They have other stores in WI too, including two others in the Milwaukee area. I don't know if they all do repair or not.

Pleasant Prairie Target has Trauma Team for $9.98, Resistance Retribution (PSP) for $7.48, some Naruto PSP game for $14.98, Iron Man 2 (PSP) for $9.98, and has The Shoot, The Fight, and Get Fit with Mel for $19.98 each.

Racine Target has a number of copies of Bayonetta at $14.98 each and a PSP Go Protective case for $1.26.

[quote name='Goodwill Hunter']The Goodwill in New Berlin got a big dump from Target and Big Lots recently...I picked up a Target clearanced new PSP Clone Wars for $4.99 and a new 360 Scene It? Bright Lights! Big Screen for $6.99. There was a new black wireless 360 controller for $24.99 and a new Kinect for $99.99 in the glass case, passed on both...second Kinect I've seen at a Goodwill in the last week. The first was marked $74.99 and didn't last a day. Also picked up a MegaMan X figure that had a Big Lots sticker on it...saw lots of other Big Lots merchandise scattered around the store.

Rich[/QUOTE]

Hey just be careful with that new berlin goodwill, if it's the one i have been to.

A lot of their target stock that looks new ends up being defective returns. I picked up a wii remote plus there for $15. Open it up and it's a regular wii remote inside. Some ass bought a remote plus at target and returned it with a regular remote inside.

Also bought a "new" 360 headset at the same time and it was broken. I think target is now dumping off their defective returns on Goodwill.

But yeah target clearance has been crappy in WI for years now. I have given up on even looking. Everything gets bought up or sent to goodwill or something.

Just wanted to give the heads up, Ultimate Electronics is closing and they are 30% off everything right now.

I know they have one on South 76th street across from Bestbuy in the old Circuit City building.

Might be worth looking... I heard this on the radio when I was out today so I dont know whats there or anything because Im not over there often.

The Goodwill in New Berlin got in a ton of new, shrinkwrapped DS games priced as follows:

DS Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - $6.99
DS Alice in Wonderland - $6.99
DS Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Defenders of the Core with Limited Edition Bakugan Action Figure - $9.99
DS Zhu Zhu Pets 2: Wild Bunch with Zhu Zhu Hamster Toy - $9.99
DS Kung Zhu with Kung Zhu Hamster Toy - $9.99

There were about 50 of the Kingdom Hearts and at least 200 of the Alice in Wonderland games in the open glass case. I would guess there were about 30 each of the games with toys scattered between the open glass case and the toy shelves. Picked up a few copies of the first 2 games, but not the ones with the toys. Numbers were as of 7:30 tonight...guessing that if you go tomorrow, there should still be a fair number left.

Rich

West side Madison Shopko had some PSP games pretty cheap. I remember seeing Patapon for $5 - don't remember other titles, but there were several on clearance for $5. Never bit on a PSP myself.

The last remaining Menomonee Falls Blockbuster is closing.

I was there Thursday but prices were pretty sucky since it's Week 1 of the closeout.

Cashier said expected close date was Apr. 10.

[quote name='klwillis45']The last remaining Menomonee Falls Blockbuster is closing.

I was there Thursday but prices were pretty sucky since it's Week 1 of the closeout.

Cashier said expected close date was Apr. 10.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I stopped there last night and the games were pretty cleaned out at 10% off but the prices sucked.. oh well

Burlington Blockbuster is closing, 10% currently but bigger discount tomorrow. Little to no Wii/DS games though. Gurnee Mills Blockbuster is closing too for anyone who lives close to the border.

Also a new shop called Jester's Emporium recently opened up in Burlington. They buy/sell video games, cards, comics, outdoor stuff, and more.

Just a roundup of a few store closings/deals going on...
Checked out that New Berlin Goodwill---all the Kingdom Hearts were gone but there were tons of Alice in Wonderlands for DS this past weekend. And by tons I mean 200+ copies.
Borders on Brown Deer Drive is closing--not sure what the game situation is.
Both Blockbusters in Green bay are closing--the one on the west side had no good games left. Did not check out east side yet.
I know Ultimate Electronics is closing and was a 50% last time I checked--not sure what the game situation is.
Something I figured out was that if you grab some older games at Family Video you can bring them up to the counter and ask if they'll sell them to you. I have gotten a few RARE PS2 games in the last few months just by asking. Sold them to me for 4.99 a piece. ICO was one of them.

[quote name='Kaelestis']Burlington Blockbuster is closing, 10% currently but bigger discount tomorrow. Little to no Wii/DS games though. Gurnee Mills Blockbuster is closing too for anyone who lives close to the border.

Also a new shop called Jester's Emporium recently opened up in Burlington. They buy/sell video games, cards, comics, outdoor stuff, and more.[/QUOTE]

where exactly is that store? also the blockbuster in burlington had NO video games the other day i was there.

[quote name='dkreegz515']where exactly is that store? also the blockbuster in burlington had NO video games the other day i was there.[/QUOTE]

Oh, it's just on Pine St. I think it's 732 Pine. And yeah, those games went pretty quick at that BBV even though the B1G1 was better than the 10-20% off...

[quote name='Warner13']Anybody know if the Best Buy in Green Bay has gotten any 3DS demo units, thanks[/QUOTE]

I was there today and I didn't see one.

Also the West Side Target has 3 PS3 versions of the DJ Hero Bundle on clearance for $17.xx. I might have grabbed a 360 version at that price but left the PS3 ones. Go get one!

East Madison Target has 3 more copies of Def Jam Rapstar for $12.48. They are located on the bottom shelf under the wall of PS3 games. They also have one XBOX copy but it is still $24.98.

Was at the Mayfair Bestbuy this afternoon checking out the 3DS and on the way out by the registers they have a small clearance area and saw a whole bunch of copies of Metroid:Other M (Wii) for $19.99.

They also had some other items on clearance as well like the Halo Reach Legendary bundle of $59.99 back in the games department.

[quote name='xplocvo']East Madison Target has 3 more copies of Def Jam Rapstar for $12.48. They are located on the bottom shelf under the wall of PS3 games. They also have one XBOX copy but it is still $24.98.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I've wanted to pick that up for the PS3... but won't be getting over to the East Side anytime soon.

Oh, well. I guess I'll just have to keep singing Scenario in the car.

The Super Target in Fitchburg also had Def Jam, but still at the 50% pricing. I'm heading to the East Side tomorrow, so hopefully I can pick up the game then.

The New Berlin Target has two clearance 360 60GB Live kits at $25. They're in the 360 aisle, not the clearance endcap.

Note that these do not have the transfer cable and disk, so you'll have to scrounge them somewhere if you're upgrading a 20GB system.

They've got a lot of other clearance electronics stuff sprinkled all over too, including Assassin's Creed II PC for $7.50 (in the clearance endcap).

Edit:
1) Turns out you can do the update with a USB memory stick. The new USB support lets you transfer everything that way. Worked fine for me.
2) These are for the original 360, not the new slims.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='afa3']The New Berlin Target has two clearance 360 60GB Live kits at $25. They're in the 360 aisle, not the clearance endcap.

Note that these do not have the transfer cable and disk, so you'll have to scrounge them somewhere if you're upgrading a 20GB system.

They've got a lot of other clearance electronics stuff sprinkled all over too, including Assassin's Creed II PC for $7.50 (in the clearance endcap).[/QUOTE]

Damn thats a good price... Thats just to far to drive right now though with it being target....

I hit everywhere in Menomonie - nothing. Family Video had nothing worthwile. Kmart has their usual bunch of weird games for $20. Kmart Clearance has nothing of note. Only thing I found was Sonic 2 for Genesis complete at Goodwill for $3.

Gonna leave for Eau Claire a couple of minutes to see if I can find anything at RSE, Target, Goodwill, or Big Lots.

Shopko Flyer August 28th - September 3rd

Madden - Free $5 gift card w/ purchase. - PS3/360/Wii
FEAR 3 - $49.99 - PS3/360
Mortal Kombat - $49.99 - PS3/360
Green Lantern - $39.99 - PS3/360
20% Off DVD/CD Storage
43" Samsung Plasma - $479.99

Did anybody in Madison manage to nab a DJ Hero bundle from Toys 'R' Us two weeks ago?
There hasn't been many steals these past few years, not since Circuit City closed. The best haul I've ever had was that Shopko clearance back in 2008. Hasn't been anything comparable since. I spent nearly $200 at all 4 of Madison's Shopko's then, and I still haven't played though everything I bought!

[quote name='VGMaster75']Did anybody in Madison manage to nab a DJ Hero bundle from Toys 'R' Us two weeks ago?
There hasn't been many steals these past few years, not since Circuit City closed. The best haul I've ever had was that Shopko clearance back in 2008. Hasn't been anything comparable since. I spent nearly $200 at all 4 of Madison's Shopko's then, and I still haven't played though everything I bought![/QUOTE]

Shopko will be doing clearance again, they go in cycles. Expect a good clearance after the holidays.

bread's done
Back