WTF HALO2 HAS LEAKED!!!

MS should push up the date, there are tons of kids who don't have live and have no reason to get the full "real" version. I know you have to play it on a moded xbox but maybe this will create a huge demand for mod kits. I can imagine lots of kids will want to mod their xbox now so that they can play halo 2 early. If I was MS I was would be scared out of my mind that kids will play the leaked halo 2 and then put the 50 bucks they were going to spend and place it on another one of the 10+ good games coming out around xmas time.

[quote name='Mookyjooky'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Mookyjooky']OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! shaq-fuing AAAAAAAAHH!H!!!!! SOMEONE IS PLAYING THE GAME AHHHHH!!!!!!

ITS LEAKED, WERE ALL GONNA DIE!@!!!!!@#!$(^!*&^

This thread is homo-lisious......fan-boys, you're making the rest of us gamers look bad....STFU.[/quote]

Wow don't remember inviting you to take a crap in this thread. If the thread is homo licious why jump in? squeaky wheel need some grease?[/quote]

I've got the grease if you really want it that bad....but I only pitch.[/quote]

Wow...that's almost as cool as, "I know you are, but what am I?" C'mon Jooky...you're more clever than that.

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Mookyjooky']OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! shaq-fuing AAAAAAAAHH!H!!!!! SOMEONE IS PLAYING THE GAME AHHHHH!!!!!!

This thread is homo-lisious......fan-boys, you're making the rest of us gamers look bad....STFU.[/quote]

Wow don't remember inviting you to take a crap in this thread. If the thread is homo licious why jump in? squeaky wheel need some grease?[/quote]

I can't believe you misspelled homo-licious. Don't they teach anything in schools nowadays.

The "Leak" has turned into "The Flood" and they are everywhere, especially in Legendary. I can't stop the Flood, not even with this Duct tape..God they are Fugly, and they smell like "thatstoobad's" bad breath...Who can stop the Flood?..I...am ...the Master Chief..... I will conquer

Shagr_Silen_8_jpg.jpg

All this means to me is, some more screenshots, more revealing ones. there is no way microsoft will delay the game, they can't. google halo 2 leak and read some of the news, most out of the UK. microsoft is starting an investigation. and some other pointless stuff like, people not understanding that this is a beta build that is missing many features.

If Halo 2 was on the Dreamcast or PC this would be horrible news as far as MS/Bungie profits. But the number of people with the capabilities to play a downloaded Halo 2 is not that large in the overall scheme of things, since you need to mod your XBox. Yeah, it'll take a little piece of sales, but it's still going to sell a bajillion copies...hell, look at the rumored pre-order numbers alone.

The biggest drawback here isn't sales, it's potential for ruining the game.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='Mookyjooky'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Mookyjooky']OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! shaq-fuing AAAAAAAAHH!H!!!!! SOMEONE IS PLAYING THE GAME AHHHHH!!!!!!

Aw, Banky....your're always against me!!! ARRG!

Wow...that's almost as cool as, "I know you are, but what am I?" C'mon Jooky...you're more clever than that.[/quote]

[quote name='fireball343']All this means to me is, some more screenshots, more revealing ones. there is no way microsoft will delay the game, they can't. google halo 2 leak and read some of the news, most out of the UK. microsoft is starting an investigation. and some other pointless stuff like, people not understanding that this is a beta build that is missing many features.[/quote]

The leaked copy is NOT the beta build! It is the complete game, the final gold copy.

Good bad whos to say.... I know if I had Halo 2 before everyone else, but could not play it on xbox live. I probably would buy a copy when it came out, Xbox live is going to be half the fun of Halo 2 being able to play people from all over the world and blow them into tiny pieces. Halo 2 is going to rock no matter what. I really dont see the big deal that some stupid person burned a copy, they will get him the way they get the guys who steal movies before release in theaters. Remember that dude who got a copy of the hulk and put it on the internet before it was released in theaters? Bungie has to be smart enough to have codes built into the first running of DVDs incase stuff like this happened. If they did not they are fuggin dumb. History repeats itself and people need to learn from what has happened in the past.

My 2 bits

[quote name='Mookyjooky'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Mookyjooky']OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! shaq-fuing AAAAAAAAHH!H!!!!! SOMEONE IS PLAYING THE GAME AHHHHH!!!!!!

AAh dude no thanks pitching is just as gay as taking there no matter what you tell yourself to get through the night. Ask any Catholic priest

Wow, I'd like to see justice brought down on whoever did this. I have a modded Xbox and could easily be playing this tonight, but alas, I will not. Well, I highly, highly doubt I will, but a part of me wants to play Halo 2 really bad.

[quote name='KingDox']MS should push up the date, there are tons of kids who don't have live and have no reason to get the full "real" version. I know you have to play it on a moded xbox but maybe this will create a huge demand for mod kits. I can imagine lots of kids will want to mod their xbox now so that they can play halo 2 early. If I was MS I was would be scared out of my mind that kids will play the leaked halo 2 and then put the 50 bucks they were going to spend and place it on another one of the 10+ good games coming out around xmas time.[/quote]

If they knew how daunting it is to install one of those, they would think twice at fu-ing up thier $200 system

[quote name='Mookyjooky'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='Mookyjooky'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Mookyjooky']OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! shaq-fuing AAAAAAAAHH!H!!!!! SOMEONE IS PLAYING THE GAME AHHHHH!!!!!!

Aw, Banky....your're always against me!!! ARRG!

Wow...that's almost as cool as, "I know you are, but what am I?" C'mon Jooky...you're more clever than that.[/quote][/quote]

I'm not against you...I just know you can come up with something better if you're going to bother to retort.

[quote name='PrinceNeil']Maybe this is a MS/Bungie publicity stunt to futher advertise Halo 2...in case some people haven't heard about it. [/quote]

So this is what the whole Ilovebees thing was about... :shock:

I doubt MS would really need to stick to the whole "Halo 2sday" shtick. Especially as they see potential profit spray like life-blood from their throat. Razz Okay, that's a bit extreme and more of a joke.
Videogames always come out on Tuesday. They just do.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I wish they would say... "we were gonna release it, but they'res too many pirating fags out there....oh well....sorry guys!"[/quote]

That's a derogatory comment that I take offense to. I hope you will reconsider using that word in such a manner.

[quote name='dafoomie']
I doubt MS would really need to stick to the whole "Halo 2sday" shtick. Especially as they see potential profit spray like life-blood from their throat. Razz Okay, that's a bit extreme and more of a joke.
Videogames always come out on Tuesday. They just do.[/quote]

I was referring to the Tuesday that MS has been touting (11/9/04) not just any Tuesday. Regardless, videogames don't always come out on Tuesday, they don't always ship on a Tuesday either...which is why I'm picking up my copy of SMT: Nocturne tomorrow and not three days ago.

[quote name='dafoomie']
Videogames always come out on Tuesday. They just do.[/quote]

Normally, this is about %90 true. During the holidays though, especially this season, games will release at all times of the week. Looking through release dates the other day at work, I noticed that there are games releasing about every 3 days throughout November. This season is simply going to be insane.

Doesn't really matter to me. I'm against piracy as much as anyone else, and I'm a huge Halo fan, but really, what's the big deal? Some cock-suckers are playing a French version of Halo 2 right now. So?

[quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='KingDox']MS should push up the date, there are tons of kids who don't have live and have no reason to get the full "real" version. I know you have to play it on a moded xbox but maybe this will create a huge demand for mod kits. I can imagine lots of kids will want to mod their xbox now so that they can play halo 2 early. If I was MS I was would be scared out of my mind that kids will play the leaked halo 2 and then put the 50 bucks they were going to spend and place it on another one of the 10+ good games coming out around xmas time.[/quote]

If they knew how daunting it is to install one of those, they would think twice at fu-ing up thier $200 system[/quote]

Soft mod.

omg...halo 2 was leaked!!! now only 4 billion 999 million 999 thousand 996 ppl will buy it, rather than the 5 billion who were going to buy it.....jesus christ, what is bungie going to do????!?!!?!?!?!

[quote name='Goodtone']I have a mod chip in my brain.....The aliens gave it to me.....[/quote]

Good. Then you don't mind if I stick my foot up your arse! Stop posting incoherent thoughts and go somewhere else!

Im a huge HALO 2 fan but won't mod my XBOX just to play a modded XBOX version of halo 2 because:

A) I don't have a modded XBOX
B) No XBL
C) Waiting is suspenseful

Halo 2 Leaked:

Source: A post on the official Xbox forums, which was republished on the Gaming Age forums.

The official story: "Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation"--Microsoft spokesperson.

What we heard: With Halo 2 only 87 days away, gamers are ravenously devouring every scrap of information Bungie makes public. However, they are even more interested in what Bungie is keeping secret. So when the alleged beta-test leak appeared on the Xbox forums, Master Chief wannabes went to condition red. It described three new multiplayer maps: Zanzibar, the factory shown off at E3; Mid-ship which takes place inside a Covenant battle cruiser; and Ivory Tower, a greenhouse filled with elevators. It also outlined the new weapons in the game, including the new SMG ("this little baby packs a punch"); the battle rifle, which can be used to snipe from afar or used up close as an assault rifle; the Covenant beam rifle ("equivalent to the human sniper rifle"); the brute shot ("shoots grenades that bounce around"); the hard-to-find Covenant carbine ("the best gun in the game"); and the energy sword ("don't mess with the best 'cause the best don't mess"). The leak also killed some rumors ("You CANNOT duel wield plasma swords... There IS NO DIFFERENCE aside from appearance between Spartans and elites in MP.") But veteran Halo fans will be most excited by the following tidbit: "Halo 2 will support four people on one Xbox for LIVE play. All at the same time." But is the leak accurate? Given that Microsoft pulled the original from the Xbox.com forums, the answer is almost certainly "yes."

Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus.

Gamespot.com

yes they posted it with the "87" days away it's really 27
another thing i found

halomods.com

In an effort to help out with the Halo 2 leak we're offering up a new option to those who wish to report any information they may have about the leak. Bungie has asked that people forward any information they have to [email protected] - as with the Half-Life 2 leak where people were asked to email Valve, not everybody is comfortable sending their emails directly. To encourage more people to send in what they've seen and what they know we've set up an email account where you can email information about the leak and keep your anonymity.

If you have any information about how the leak originated, links to the leak(torrent sites, forums with links, ftps, etc), or any other information that is relevant, you can email it to [email protected]. We will compile a large email that contains any information sent in and forward it to Microsoft's piracy address. We will not forward your names or email addresses. Please help out the community and report ANY information you may have.

[quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='Goodtone']I have a mod chip in my brain.....The aliens gave it to me.....[/quote]

Good. Then you don't mind if I stick my foot up your arse! Stop posting incoherent thoughts and go somewhere else![/quote]

OH NOES, Goodtone! TEH N00B T0ld y00 t0 ShU7 i7! ROFFLE! EL OH EL!!!!!11!!!SHIFT+1!!!!1

:rofl:

Incoherant thoughts post +1!

another thing i found

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

There were TWO leaks. TWO SEPERATE ONES. One was the beta, One was the final version. You quoted the news about the beta leak.

Im not supprised that a game as huge as Halo 2 was leaked. I bet it will happen with Half Life 2.
Im more then happy waiting less then a month, and even if I did want to download Halo 2 it would be finished downloading several months after November 9.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']omg...halo 2 was leaked!!! now only 4 billion 999 million 999 thousand 996 ppl will buy it, rather than the 5 billion who were going to buy it.....jesus christ, what is bungie going to do????!?!!?!?!?![/quote]

I agree. Everyone that gets this leaked copy will buy the retail version as well. They will want Xbox Live. Mostly, their downloading it for bragging right! "Hey, I have the illegal copy of HALO 2! OOH LOOK AT ME! Here's all the secrets!" That's what it's all about. And no, I didn't download it. I don't even know where it's at.

Well, if anyone cares I'm playing Mario Kart Double Dash: Underground 2 on XBL if anyone wants to join.

[quote name='Scorch']
another thing i found

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

There were TWO leaks. TWO SEPERATE ONES. One was the beta, One was the final version. You quoted the news about the beta leak.[/quote]

there were two leaks, one had all the numbers on the screenshots. and this one that is a PAL final test copy. i took what i posted from gamespot.com today, at the end of the article which contained other bogus/not bogus stories was posted 10/14/04 at 11:59

[quote name='everdave']I finally got Halo 2 up and running after about 4 hours of dowloading, tweaking, and what not (to get it to fit on a DVD) but I just played it with a buddy of mine and I about crapped my pants! Awesome, awesome awesome. No worries, I have had Halo 2 pre-ordered forever, plus this shiznit is in French, but its the bomb! I am going to be up about 24 hours playing this it looks like...[/quote]

OMG U R SO C00L DUDE!1

[quote name='everdave']I finally got Halo 2 up and running after about 4 hours of dowloading, tweaking, and what not (to get it to fit on a DVD) but I just played it with a buddy of mine and I about crapped my pants! Awesome, awesome awesome. No worries, I have had Halo 2 pre-ordered forever, plus this shiznit is in French, but its the bomb! I am going to be up about 24 hours playing this it looks like...[/quote]

What's worse, is you probably go to the only college in Cookeville. I was thinking about going there.

Ban this fuck.

bread's done
Back