WTF HALO2 HAS LEAKED!!!

I'm going to laugh so hard if/when all the torrents have Microsoft people collecting IP's to file lawsuits. You downloaders will get exactly what you deserve.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='zionoverfire']I think the wet means liquored up.[/quote]
Y'know, my grandpa has been saying that to me for years, and I never bothered to ask what it meant. I was always too terrified of what the answer may be.[/quote]

actually I just checked, the whole things is:

well I can't dance and it's too wet to plow

it means I don't want to but I will because I don't have anything better to do.

Which doesn't make any sense with any sort of threat but old people are just plain odd sometimes.

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='Spruce'][quote name='gtguru']No, its true, there are pictures all over now...

links

I am saddened.[/quote]

May want to edit your post...

It took me all of about 10 minutes to hit a link of a link within that forum to find the torrent file...[/quote]

Is that somehow illegal on these forums?[/quote]

I'm not implying that it's illegal...but the poster was clearly saddened that the piracy was happening. So maybe he wouldn't like to make it easier for someone else to find it.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm going to laugh so hard if/when all the torrents have Microsoft people collecting IP's to file lawsuits. You downloaders will get exactly what you deserve.[/quote]

which will be long after everyone who started it has the file and some stupid idiots for the midwest will get nailed, but it'll be funny non the less.

[quote name='zionoverfire']actually I just checked, the whole things is:

Which doesn't make any sense with any sort of threat but old people are just plain odd sometimes.[/quote]

I'm gonna call him out on it at Thanksgiving and ask him why that was supposed to inspire fear. :lol:

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']i'm just as annoyed as the rest of you with the leak, but it's funny that we'd all kill to play it early ourselves... :)[/quote]

I'd kill to have a retail copy in my hands. I'd love to see the looks on my friend's faces if they saw me playing on their friend's list.

its funny how everyone scrams together for just this 1 game, halo 2. i mean whats the biggie? its not like its the first FPS ever.

[quote name='Spruce'][quote name='Sartori'][quote name='Spruce'][quote name='gtguru']No, its true, there are pictures all over now...

links

I am saddened.[/quote]

May want to edit your post...

It took me all of about 10 minutes to hit a link of a link within that forum to find the torrent file...[/quote]

Is that somehow illegal on these forums?[/quote]

I'm not implying that it's illegal...but the poster was clearly saddened that the piracy was happening. So maybe he wouldn't like to make it easier for someone else to find it.[/quote]

Eh, anyone who wants to find it can do it like snap. If not right now, than by tomorrow afternoon.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Scorch']I'm going to laugh so hard if/when all the torrents have Microsoft people collecting IP's to file lawsuits. You downloaders will get exactly what you deserve.[/quote]

which will be long after everyone who started it has the file and some stupid idiots for the midwest will get nailed, but it'll be funny non the less.[/quote]

Long after? Sir, they do the same thing as anyone else. They click the torrent file and let it download. They can then collect IP addresses.

But seriously. I'm going to laugh so hard when people get caught downloading it. I'm glad I don't have to worry about an issue like that.

Bungie should just release the game. It's done, and it would combat the hackers.
They're not just sitting on it, it takes time to produce the amount of games they'll need for launch.

Long after? Sir, they do the same thing as anyone else. They click the torrent file and let it download. They can then collect IP addresses.

But seriously. I'm going to laugh so hard when people get caught downloading it. I'm glad I don't have to worry about an issue like that.
MS's policy is not to go after downloaders, at all. They only go after the source. They could have gone after millions of people with illegal copies of Windows, with the information from Windows Update alone, but they don't. Its not their policy.

I'm not going to download it and I encourage anyone else not to either.

If its even real.

That's why we're annoyed.

Of course we want it now, and the fact that some people have it illeagally ifrustrating. Granted, my xbox isn't modded so I don't have a choice to make, but I have friends with modded boxes and I still don't plan on telling them/playing early.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='zionoverfire']actually I just checked, the whole things is:

Which doesn't make any sense with any sort of threat but old people are just plain odd sometimes.[/quote]

I'm gonna call him out on it at Thanksgiving and ask him why that was supposed to inspire fear. :lol:[/quote]

I don't know...maybe you're thinking too hard on this one.

Too wet to plow. I figure it'd be more difficult to plow the land after a torrential downpour. Or if not difficult maybe just counter-productive. It may simply be bad practice for farmers...me not being one, this is just my guess.

[quote name='Spruce'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='zionoverfire']actually I just checked, the whole things is:

I'm gonna call him out on it at Thanksgiving and ask him why that was supposed to inspire fear. :lol:[/quote]

Too wet to plow. I figure it'd be more difficult to plow the land after a torrential downpour. Or if not difficult maybe just counter-productive. It may simply be bad practice for farmers...me not being one, this is just my guess.[/quote]

Frankly, I kept discussing it in hope of a threadjack. I'd rather not see the leak discussed here any further. Anyone who wants info on it should already know where to find it. This kind of thing should be left off of CAG.

MS's policy is not to go after downloaders, at all. They only go after the source.

Good job, Dafoomie. I realize this. I'm trying to discourage people from downloading it. It's common sense to prosecute one person instead of a million. You kill something at the beginning, not the middle. ](*,)

Anyways.. I know that someone at random universities in Ohio and Michigan are currently getting it. I still can't get over the fact that they get french audio.

But seriously.. poor Bungie. Poor Microsoft. I'm so depressed for them. They're going to lose SO much money.

Actually, since you can't play it on Live, they probably aren't. But I'm buying two copies. Yay! I can't stop saying that, it's awesome. I traded in a bunch of old crappy XBox games and got two copies of Halo 2. That's so awesome. I'm giving one to my cousin. I'm a good samaritan.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Spruce'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='zionoverfire']actually I just checked, the whole things is:

Too wet to plow. I figure it'd be more difficult to plow the land after a torrential downpour. Or if not difficult maybe just counter-productive. It may simply be bad practice for farmers...me not being one, this is just my guess.[/quote]

Frankly, I kept discussing it in hope of a threadjack. I'd rather not see the leak discussed here any further. Anyone who wants info on it should already know where to find it. This kind of thing should be left off of CAG.[/quote]

Uh.. if you don't want to discuss the Halo 2 leak - perhaps you should make your way out of the Halo 2 Leaked Thread...

A thought for your time.

[quote name='Spruce'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='zionoverfire']actually I just checked, the whole things is:

Hey I just looked online at some site of lame old phrases and that's what it gave me and since I was wrong the first time I thought I'd write this one down.

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Spruce'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='zionoverfire']actually I just checked, the whole things is:

Frankly, I kept discussing it in hope of a threadjack. I'd rather not see the leak discussed here any further. Anyone who wants info on it should already know where to find it. This kind of thing should be left off of CAG.[/quote]

Uh.. if you don't want to discuss the Halo 2 leak - perhaps you should make your way out of the Halo 2 Leaked Thread...

A thought for your time.[/quote]

By "it", I meant the "too wet to plow" thing. I'm trying to stray this away from the leak.

So anyways, back to the threadjack. :wink:

Don't you guys hate pants?

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Sartori'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Spruce'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='zionoverfire']actually I just checked, the whole things is:

A thought for your time.[/quote]

By "it", I meant the "too wet to plow" thing. I'm trying to stray this away from the leak.

So anyways, back to the threadjack. :wink:

Don't you guys hate pants?[/quote]

Did you misread my post? That's exactly what I said.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Scorch']I'm going to laugh so hard if/when all the torrents have Microsoft people collecting IP's to file lawsuits. You downloaders will get exactly what you deserve.[/quote]

which will be long after everyone who started it has the file and some stupid idiots for the midwest will get nailed, but it'll be funny non the less.[/quote]

But seriously. I'm going to laugh so hard when people get caught downloading it. I'm glad I don't have to worry about an issue like that.[/quote]

Oh they can do that, but how long would it take microsoft or Bungie to set up something like that, I'd imagine about a week and by that point a lot of the people downloading aren't going to be in the first of second circles.

But seriously.. poor Bungie. Poor Microsoft. I'm so depressed for them. They're going to lose SO much money.
MS can handle themselves... I'd just feel bad for the people at Bungie that worked on the game if it got leaked. I don't think MS would lose a lot of money though. If they wouldn't buy it on release after downloading it today, they wouldn't buy it on release after downloading it on release either. But it really sucks for the people at Bungie that worked on this (if its true).

Don't you guys hate pants?

Blue jeans? Hell yeah. I wear khakis. I like my PJ pants though. I'm thinking about wearing them to class one day. I can't decide if I should wear the simpsons ones or sponge bob.

I should go into class in a t-shirt and my PJ pants and my hair all messed up and have a 5 o clock shadow. That would rule.

[quote name='Sartori']Did you misread my post? That's exactly what I said.[/quote]

No, I didn't. My post says, "I'd rather not see the leak discussed here." So, I attempted a threadjack. You then said, "If you don't wanna discuss it, leave."
I can still be here and not be discussing it. Granted, I do bump the topic by posting in it, but hopefully I'll have thrown it so far off-topic that noone will take notice of it's actual topic.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Sartori']Did you misread my post? That's exactly what I said.[/quote]

No, I didn't. My post says, "I'd rather not see the leak discussed here." So, I attempted a threadjack. You then said, "If you don't wanna discuss it, leave."
I can still be here and not be discussing it. Granted, I do bump the topic by posting in it, but hopefully I'll have thrown it so far off-topic that noone will take notice of it's actual topic.[/quote]

I give you a meh for poor conduct.

[quote name='Scorch']

I should go into class in a t-shirt and my PJ pants and my hair all messed up and have a 5 o clock shadow. That would rule.[/quote]

You just described 90 percent of the students that were in my classes. The only detail you left out would be the flip flops.

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Sartori']Did you misread my post? That's exactly what I said.[/quote]

I can still be here and not be discussing it. Granted, I do bump the topic by posting in it, but hopefully I'll have thrown it so far off-topic that noone will take notice of it's actual topic.[/quote]

I give you a meh for poor conduct.[/quote]

Meh me all you want. As long as were not discussing the leak, I'm happy. Thank you for participating in today's threadjack. :wink:

And Scorch, quite the opposite. I love my blues, and wear them wherever applicable. I don't mind other fabrics, but jean is far and away my favorite.

[quote name='Spruce'][quote name='Scorch']

I should go into class in a t-shirt and my PJ pants and my hair all messed up and have a 5 o clock shadow. That would rule.[/quote]

You just described 90 percent of the students that were in my classes. The only detail you left out would be the flip flops.[/quote]

How about long underwear and shorts? That's always a classy look.

[quote name='Scorch']How's this.. 5 oclock shadow, sponge bob PJ pants, metallica t-shirt, sandals, and a pillow. Sounds about right.[/quote]

Go with slippers! :D

[quote name='Ledhed']And Scorch, quite the opposite. I love my blues, and wear them wherever applicable. I don't mind other fabrics, but jean is far and away my favorite.[/quote]

I'm in this camp as well. In fact, I have a strong aversion to shorts. I haven't owned a pair in about 12 years and don't even get me started on the whole bare foot phenomenon that's goin' on...

I serisously remember a time when flip flops were worn exclusively at beaches. What the hell happened that changed this...? Did I sleep in one day and miss the announcement that these are suitable replacements for everyday footwear...?

[quote name='Spruce'][quote name='Ledhed']And Scorch, quite the opposite. I love my blues, and wear them wherever applicable. I don't mind other fabrics, but jean is far and away my favorite.[/quote]

I'm in this camp as well. In fact, I have a strong aversion to shorts. I haven't owned a pair in about 12 years and don't even get me started on the whole bare foot phenomenon that's goin' on...

I serisously remember a time when flip flops were worn exclusively at beaches. What the hell happened that changed this...? Did I sleep in one day and miss the announcement that these are suitable replacements for everyday footwear...?[/quote]

You didn't get the memo? Plus, there were the flyers, the 2-week Sandals-Are-Ok Intensive Seminar?

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Spruce'][quote name='Ledhed']And Scorch, quite the opposite. I love my blues, and wear them wherever applicable. I don't mind other fabrics, but jean is far and away my favorite.[/quote]

I serisously remember a time when flip flops were worn exclusively at beaches. What the hell happened that changed this...? Did I sleep in one day and miss the announcement that these are suitable replacements for everyday footwear...?[/quote]

You didn't get the memo? Plus, there were the flyers, the 2-week Sandals-Are-Ok Intensive Seminar?[/quote]

It may have happened while I was in Germany. That may explain it. I go over there in '96 and everyone's feets are covered. I come back in 2000 and WHAM cats are livin' with dogs.

D'ah well...I think I'll head off to play some Katamari Damacy. I'm sure I'll check this thread in the morning to see it's grown to some 30+ page beast once the rest of CAG sees it.

[quote name='Spruce']I'm sure I'll check this thread in the morning to see it's grown to some 30+ page beast once the rest of CAG sees it.[/quote]

Yeah, this whole pants thing is really gonna set a fire under the collective CAG ass.

Damn this game rocks!!! I am Playing it now...I am glad it leaked.....Damn, the Plasma screen is leaking now

I just Rolled over a Ferris Wheel and an Octopus. This is the best Leaked out, downloaded copy of Katamari Damacy I have ever bought at the store. Damn I need to lay off the LSD.....sorry guys.. we were just tripping out on Acid and watching the world get all rolled up in a Katamari and the 60 inch Plasma screen is melting into a puddle...Look at all the pretty colors..

What's all this about Halo 2? I am no Angel so I can't wear a Halo, but Super Nova may have some.....Damn, I can't get that fricking song out of my head...Roll Roll.......Who cares about Halo 2 when you can have Katamari Damacy...Roll...Roll...Roll...It's better than Crack...are we online yet? Damashi

Is Gamespot enough confirmation for you?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/14/news_6110539.html

Microsoft's biggest Xbox release for 2004 has been leaked onto the Internet.

Late last night, 27 days before its officially scheduled retail release, an allegedly complete version of Microsoft's upcoming first-person shooter, Halo 2, was leaked onto the Internet. The pirated release, said to be a PAL version of the game with French-language dialogue, is currently making its way around various Usenet newsgroups and peer-to-peer networks. There has been no word on where, or how the game originally surfaced at this time. It should be noted that players who download the game illegally could face a maximum penalty of $100,000 per infringement for copyright violations.

Halo 2, which continues the adventures of Master Chief with an all-new single-player adventure, as well as Xbox Live support for Internet-based multiplayer, is scheduled to hit retail shelves on November 9. We'll have more on this story as it develops.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Spruce']I'm sure I'll check this thread in the morning to see it's grown to some 30+ page beast once the rest of CAG sees it.[/quote]

Yeah, this whole pants thing is really gonna set a fire under the collective CAG ass.[/quote]

What are these "pants" that you speak of, young man?

jesus loves you, children.
jesus sez: OMGWTFBBQ...halo has leakd. humanity will cease to continue.
heavy fanboys are creaming their pants nationwide at the site of blurry images of halo2...chaos consumes the planet. Big bang, we restart..life evolves and goes on, like combat.

Tomato juice is poison.

Sucks that the game was leaked.

On the other hand, I have already beaten the game :). Bungie invited me over to a 26 hour playtest this past weekend.

Maybe some good will come of this maybe they will move the release date up to take away the pirates thunder. I doubt it though although it is common to do that in music I don't see a lot of that in games

[quote name='jlarlee']Maybe some good will come of this maybe they will move the release date up to take away the pirates thunder. I doubt it though although it is common to do that in music I don't see a lot of that in games[/quote]

They've got over a million orders to fill right off the bat. I'm not sure it's something they can just move up.

[quote name='Scorch'] Tarantino placed a workprint of Kill Bill vol. 1 on Kazaa the night before it hit theatres. Tarantino and Moore (Michael) support piracy of their own films.. which si weird.
[/quote]

I can understand Michael Moore not caring if his film is pirated. His propaganda is more important than the bottom line. Tarantino is a little more strange though. I think in his case he just wants as many people as possible to see his work so he can be known as a great director in the next few decades.

This is bad for MS and Bungie but TRUE fans will get the game the right way. I think most people would rather have the original because it will have actual value later on.

Is Gamespot enough confirmation for you?
Yes, now I'm fairly satisfied. Was it so hard to wait a few hours before you "knew"?

Somebodys getting fired, and since this is in France, probably thrown in jail since copyright infringement can be a criminal charge and not just a civil one like it is here. Maybe they'll just surrender themselves to MS later today.

I can understand Michael Moore not caring if his film is pirated. His propaganda is more important than the bottom line. Tarantino is a little more strange though. I think in his case he just wants as many people as possible to see his work so he can be known as a great director in the next few decades
Tarantino considers himself to be an artist and he wants people to see his work, he doesn't care about the money. I don't find it weird at all. He's still getting paid a ton of money anyway. Plus he hadn't done a good movie before that in years so he probably really wanted to make sure people saw it.

bread's done
Back