WTF HALO2 HAS LEAKED!!!

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='everdave']I finally got Halo 2 up and running after about 4 hours of dowloading, tweaking, and what not (to get it to fit on a DVD) but I just played it with a buddy of mine and I about crapped my pants! Awesome, awesome awesome. No worries, I have had Halo 2 pre-ordered forever, plus this shiznit is in French, but its the bomb! I am going to be up about 24 hours playing this it looks like...[/quote]

What's worse, is you probably go to the only college in Cookeville. I was thinking about going there.

Ban this shaq-fu.[/quote]

You can't be serious.

Well since the leak is out I hope that MS comes out with some really kick ass DLC so that the folks who paid for it will get something extra. It would lame if the #1 MS game didn't have the best DLC ever made.

[quote name='everdave']I finally got Halo 2 up and running after about 4 hours of dowloading, tweaking, and what not (to get it to fit on a DVD) but I just played it with a buddy of mine and I about crapped my pants! Awesome, awesome awesome. No worries, I have had Halo 2 pre-ordered forever, plus this shiznit is in French, but its the bomb! I am going to be up about 24 hours playing this it looks like...[/quote]

so, anyone e-mailing microsoft?

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='everdave']I finally got Halo 2 up and running after about 4 hours of dowloading, tweaking, and what not (to get it to fit on a DVD) but I just played it with a buddy of mine and I about crapped my pants! Awesome, awesome awesome. No worries, I have had Halo 2 pre-ordered forever, plus this shiznit is in French, but its the bomb! I am going to be up about 24 hours playing this it looks like...[/quote]

What's worse, is you probably go to the only college in Cookeville. I was thinking about going there.

Ban this shaq-fu.[/quote]

You can't be serious.[/quote]

I'm not. I'm actually insanely jealous. If Cookeville wasn't an hour's drive or so, I'd hop on down there and play against him.

CappyCobra and anyone else who downloads the French version of Halo 2 will be punished in ways unimaginable to the innocent mind...you will be found and tortured.....
6_Nick%20booklet_jpg.jpg

128_jpg.jpg

22_jpg.jpg

56_jpg.jpg

God, Goodtone, what in the hell is wrong with you? Do you have some attention defecit disorder or something? None of your posts in this thread make any sort of coherent thought whatsoever, you post random pictures, and all this other stuff.. what the hell is wrong with you?

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='everdave']I finally got Halo 2 up and running after about 4 hours of dowloading, tweaking, and what not (to get it to fit on a DVD) but I just played it with a buddy of mine and I about crapped my pants! Awesome, awesome awesome. No worries, I have had Halo 2 pre-ordered forever, plus this shiznit is in French, but its the bomb! I am going to be up about 24 hours playing this it looks like...[/quote]

so, anyone e-mailing microsoft?[/quote]

Nah - he's probably lying and just trying to be funny...

...but if he's not, you'd think an English Lit major would have more sense than to post something like that publicly and keep a link to their website (which contains their name and email address) in their profile.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='everdave']I finally got Halo 2 up and running after about 4 hours of dowloading, tweaking, and what not (to get it to fit on a DVD) but I just played it with a buddy of mine and I about crapped my pants! Awesome, awesome awesome. No worries, I have had Halo 2 pre-ordered forever, plus this shiznit is in French, but its the bomb! I am going to be up about 24 hours playing this it looks like...[/quote]

...but if he's not, you'd think an English Lit major would have more sense than to post something like that publicly and keep a link to their website (which contains their name and email address) in their profile.[/quote]

Do you guys.. seriously fear Microsoft?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='everdave']I finally got Halo 2 up and running after about 4 hours of dowloading, tweaking, and what not (to get it to fit on a DVD) but I just played it with a buddy of mine and I about crapped my pants! Awesome, awesome awesome. No worries, I have had Halo 2 pre-ordered forever, plus this shiznit is in French, but its the bomb! I am going to be up about 24 hours playing this it looks like...[/quote]

...but if he's not, you'd think an English Lit major would have more sense than to post something like that publicly and keep a link to their website (which contains their name and email address) in their profile.[/quote]

you'd think...

"Microsoft is currently engaged in a full-scale investigation" to come down hard on "those foolish enough to partake in this piracy."

Another message, this one directed at the members of the bungie.net forums, warned of dire, sweeping consequences that would befall any member who posted screens stolen from the leaked game, or hinted that he or she had the game, or knew where to get it. "A link… on the forums will get you banned permanently [from the forums]."

"There's no doubt in my mind that Microsoft has people tracking down whoever was responsible for this," wrote the Bungie-appointed moderator on the forum. "I hope whoever it was thought that leaking the game was worth his job and millions of dollars in lawsuits. We are are going to be making examples out of people and the amount of people arrested for downloading will make history in piracy lawsuits"

Halo 2, which continues the adventures of Master Chief with an all-new single-player adventure, as well as Xbox Live support for Internet-based multiplayer, is scheduled to hit retail shelves on November 9--a date that Microsoft says "remains unaffected."

When you get a knock on your door, don't say we didn't warn you. Microsoft is smart....and they have plenty of money to come after anyone. This is like stealing the Arc of the Covenent from them. They are going to be looking for some people in a serious way...

[quote name='Goodtone']"Microsoft is currently engaged in a full-scale investigation" to come down hard on "those foolish enough to partake in this piracy."

Another message, this one directed at the members of the bungie.net forums, warned of dire, sweeping consequences that would befall any member who posted screens stolen from the leaked game, or hinted that he or she had the game, or knew where to get it. "A link… on the forums will get you banned permanently [from the forums]."

"There's no doubt in my mind that Microsoft has people tracking down whoever was responsible for this," wrote the Bungie-appointed moderator on the forum. "I hope whoever it was thought that leaking the game was worth his job and millions of dollars in lawsuits. We are are going to be making examples out of people and the amount of people arrested for downloading will make history in piracy lawsuits"

Halo 2, which continues the adventures of Master Chief with an all-new single-player adventure, as well as Xbox Live support for Internet-based multiplayer, is scheduled to hit retail shelves on November 9--a date that Microsoft says "remains unaffected."[/quote]
I hope they do, people that steal games make us all pay more.

When you get a knock on your door, don't say we didn't warn you. Microsoft is smart....and they have plenty of money to come after anyone. This is like stealing the Arc of the Covenent from them. They are going to be looking for some people in a serious way...

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='greendc27']I hope they do, people that steal games make us all pay more.[/quote]

No they don't.[/quote]

He bought the propaganda!

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='greendc27']I hope they do, people that steal games make us all pay more.[/quote]

No they don't.[/quote]

He bought the propaganda![/quote]
too drunk to argue

Members of the Bungie community - we need your help. The Underground Army is being called into action; this is not a drill. Anyone who has information regarding the leak of the game or individuals or websites promoting the download of these illegal files is asked to please contact us by sending email to [email protected] or calling 1-800-RULEGIT. We also ask that you help us minimize the spoilers for those opting to wait for the retail release by refraining from posting screens, talking about the story and deleting any such posts you encounter. Many of you have already been actively tracking down and forwarding links to us and we thank you for your help.

Currently they are using Azureus (the BitTORRENT Java Client) and started the transfer to check the IP's on the downloads...so if you want to download the game.....you might want to know that they will be able to find you...

Agents for Microsoft are investigating how its forthcoming Halo 2 game was pirated and distributed on the Internet nearly a month before it hits the shops.
Vole’s worldwide security services are apparently on the tail of the pirates.

In a communiqué from Vole HQ, in Redmond, Microsoft said it was investigating the leak, adding that it was "aggressively pursuing the source of this illegal act".

Halo 2 is due to go on sale worldwide in the second week of November, but at the start of this week, the game's makers Bungie Studios said work on the title was complete and the game was ready to go into production.

Soon afterwards a European version of the game on DVD, which is almost three gigabytes in size and the game play is apparently in French, hit the web.

Microsoft said that it is keen to shut the leak down. However, the leak has created a bit of a stir in the battle scarred security department of Vole.

Halo 2’s code was supposed to be protected so that there would be no way to distribute it. Vole is adamant that there was no way you would be able to run the hacked version of Halo 2 without illegally modifying your X-Box and you certainly would not be able to take the game online, which is one of the best parts about it, apparently.

And....
"Whilst the leak happened, Microsoft have acted quickly to shut it down," James Ashton, publisher of the Official Xbox Magazine told BBC News Online.

"Without illegally modifying your Xbox console there would be no way to make this leaked code play due to the consoles in-built security.

"Even with the modification you would not be able to take Halo 2 online, which, having played it, is a major feature of the title."

[quote name='Goodtone']Agents for Microsoft are investigating how its forthcoming Halo 2 game was pirated and distributed on the Internet nearly a month before it hits the shops.
Vole’s worldwide security services are apparently on the tail of the pirates.

In a communiqué from Vole HQ, in Redmond, Microsoft said it was investigating the leak, adding that it was "aggressively pursuing the source of this illegal act".

Halo 2 is due to go on sale worldwide in the second week of November, but at the start of this week, the game's makers Bungie Studios said work on the title was complete and the game was ready to go into production.

Soon afterwards a European version of the game on DVD, which is almost three gigabytes in size and the game play is apparently in French, hit the web.

Microsoft said that it is keen to shut the leak down. However, the leak has created a bit of a stir in the battle scarred security department of Vole.

Halo 2’s code was supposed to be protected so that there would be no way to distribute it. Vole is adamant that there was no way you would be able to run the hacked version of Halo 2 without illegally modifying your X-Box and you certainly would not be able to take the game online, which is one of the best parts about it, apparently.

And....
"Whilst the leak happened, Microsoft have acted quickly to shut it down," James Ashton, publisher of the Official Xbox Magazine told BBC News Online.

"Without illegally modifying your Xbox console there would be no way to make this leaked code play due to the consoles in-built security.

"Even with the modification you would not be able to take Halo 2 online, which, having played it, is a major feature of the title."[/quote]
Just curious, where are you getting this from?

Microsoft threatened severe penalties Thursday for those who circulate a stolen copy of "Halo 2," the hotly anticipated Xbox game set to go on sale next month.

The "Halo 2" theft--which likely occurred at the European manufacturing plant used to press game discs--is considered far less serious, as security systems built into the Xbox prevent loading of unauthorized software. Pirates would need to have an Xbox outfitted with an illegal grey-market "mod chip" to load a copy of the stolen game.

A Microsoft representative urged anyone with information on the source of the pirated game to contact the company's antipiracy division at 800-RULEGIT or [email protected].

it's all over the net...

"Microsoft has learned that a version of Halo 2 has been posted to various newsgroups and web sites. We consider downloading this code or making it available for others to download as theft.

"We are currently investigating the source of this leak with the appropriate authorities. Microsoft takes the integrity of its intellectual property extremely seriously, and we are aggressively pursuing the source of this illegal act and anyone who takes part in downloading it.".

Make sure you post if they say anything more about who it may be that did it. I have to go to bed and will check tomorrow. Thanks

wouldn't have been like ten times easier to just post the lnk to what you are reading rather then posting the whole article? Just a thought!

Damn, this really sucks. Because 1) I'm disappointed such an anticipated game has been leaked and 2) it's hard to resist when I have a modded Xbox and some DVD-R's.

On the plus side, though... everybody who's been playing it is saying it's pretty much the best fucking game ever. Which is good news.

[quote name='Pylis']On the plus side, though... everybody who's been playing it is saying it's pretty much the best shaq-fuing game ever. Which is good news.[/quote]

Keep in mind that the majority of the people downloading it are probably Halo fanboys to begin with.

I found out about this on screen savers. It was kinda funny too cause they were discussing it and Kevin is like "yeah I think it was a beta because it was kind of rough when I was turn... umm I mean this guy I know was playing it". Hope Microsoft doesn't watch screen savers.

[quote name='"Goodtone"']CappyCobra and anyone else who downloads the French version of Halo 2 will be punished in ways unimaginable to the innocent mind...you will be found and tortured.....

WTH is your problem? I dont have a Modchip nor do I have Halo2!
GET OVER IT!!!

CappyfanboyCobra and all who download will be tortured and that is just how it is.....Prepare to face your punishment....IP's are being collected

4%20(1)_jpg.jpg

You can't argue with Ignorance because his ears were cut off and he can't hear anymore. He was tortured relentlessly for downloading BitTorrent files off the internet. Now Ignorance is just a Gimp and has no fingers to press the buttons on his S control.....So exactly, what's the point?
(you might want to put a question mark after your what's the point question)
Shagrath%203%20%20(1)_jpg.jpg

I'm really starting to get annoyed with Goodtone's posts. They make no sense, he includes random pictures, and he's posted the SAME INFORMATION like FIVE times!

[quote name='Scorch']I'm really starting to get annoyed with Goodtone's posts. They make no sense, he includes random pictures, and he's posted the SAME INFORMATION like FIVE times![/quote]

Then do what I did and abandon this thread.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Scorch']I'm really starting to get annoyed with Goodtone's posts. They make no sense, he includes random pictures, and he's posted the SAME INFORMATION like FIVE times![/quote]

Then do what I did and abandon this thread.[/quote]

What? It's like the Matrix, or something. You can't leave this thread. You say you will, you do for a while.. then you come back. It's a disease, really.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Scorch']I'm really starting to get annoyed with Goodtone's posts. They make no sense, he includes random pictures, and he's posted the SAME INFORMATION like FIVE times![/quote]

Then do what I did and abandon this thread.[/quote]

What? It's like the Matrix, or something. You can't leave this thread. You say you will, you do for a while.. then you come back. It's a disease, really.[/quote]

It's true. I'll check it provided the last post isn't from Goodtone. Perhaps he is seeing what we refuse to see: that Cradle of Filth is directly linked to Halo 2.

Goobjtron cannot stop the powerful enforcement of our evil...He is a mere goob-J-tron. We took over that planet last week..Only the powerful mods have the power to stop us and they are our Allies in hunting the fanboy goobs down...be warned our power is unmatched and Evil beyond any you have imagined
2%20(1)iii_jpg.jpg

25_jpg.jpg

94_jpg.jpg

On a different note.....I own 3 Carl Thompson basses and I am friends with Les Claypool...

5 string fretted
5 string frettless
6 string fretted
5strCanary.jpg

WTF does that have to do with halo 2!?!?!? Anyways it sucks how Halo 2 leaked but now that it has i really really want it. I know its illegal and all but i mean its halo 2. If it was something else like doom 3 i wouldnt/didn't do it but i mean come on, HALO 2!

bread's done
Back