Xbox 360 Game Install Sizes and Loading Times: 900+ games! (Celebrating 5+ years!)

[quote name='Interstella 5555']I have a question regarding Lost Odyssey. Does anyone know if I can just install 1 disk out of the 4? I'm on disk 4 on LO and I don't really need to install the rest of the disk. [/quote]
I'm pretty sure you can install one disk, but i would also like some confirmation.

[quote name='SynGamer']I'm pretty sure you can install one disk, but i would also like some confirmation.[/quote]

You can. A guy who uploaded a video on youtube just installed the third disk and didn't need to install the rest according to one of his replies.

EDIT: It was the third disk and it wasn't the video creator. Just some random reply, so yeah, take that as you will. Although I'm certain it works that way as you'd have to being fucking retarded to change the coding in such a way to make you install all of them. Granted I could see Microsoft doing that so people would buy larger HDD's too, so meh.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Draekon']You can. A guy who uploaded a video on youtube just installed the final disk and didn't need to install the rest according to one of his replies.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks for clarifying :)

I seriously adore this feature. With my 120 gig drive, i have ~17-18 games installed and i never hear that satanic DVD drive spin up, and no more DRE's. In fact first game im finishing using hard drive is gears 1 on Insane difficulty because i can finally finish it without a DRE.

I'll be installing the following games to contribute to the list, I'll update this post with the sizes as they are completed:

Ace Combat 6 - 6.4GB
Overlord - 3.4GB
Universe at War - 6.8GB

~HotShotX

Woo-Hoo! I installed one not on the list, so you have to include it.

Turok Demo disc : 3.9GB

Shows up under games, not demos.

Edit: Wow, Turok full game isn't on the list. Anybody?

Alone in The Dark - 6.5 Gigs
Amped 3 - 6.7
Blitz: The League 1- 6.4
Top Spin 2 - 5.4
NHL 07 - 3.4
NHL 2k8 - 6.7

I burned these just to give you the exact size for your OP. I did not test any of these for frame rate/draw distance/whatever improvements. Obviously the chances of someone playing old sports games are low, but whatever I just did it for completionist sake. I only plan on playing one of these anyways once they get patched (Alone in the Dark).

Can someone tell me what the load times for N&B are while installed? While not installed, N&B is ridiculous, 15-30 seconds per load.

[quote name='gordojones88']Woo-Hoo! I installed one not on the list, so you have to include it.

Turok Demo disc : 3.9GB

Shows up under games, not demos.

Edit: Wow, Turok full game isn't on the list. Anybody?[/QUOTE]

I'll get a size for you on that alittle later, surprised it's not on the list already.

Edit: Turok - 6.6GB

So is anyone really noticing a difference when playing the game with it being installed? Any games specifically shine because of this feature?

[quote name='lilboo']So is anyone really noticing a difference when playing the game with it being installed? Any games specifically shine because of this feature?[/quote]
Fable II is wonderful installed. Normally, it reads off the disc pretty constantly, but now the system is wonderfully quiet. Other than that, I haven't noticed any huge changes. Fallout 3 loads a bit faster, but not a huge amount. I haven't really installed many other games yet, so I can't comment on more than that.

I have good news: Some of Sonic 360s load times are cut, but not all of them...

Just thought I'd bring this to your attention because I know everyone out there loves this game.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']I have good news: Some of Sonic 360s load times are cut, but not all of them...

Just thought I'd bring this to your attention because I know everyone out there loves this game.[/quote]

I don't think it's a matter of if they've been cut or not, but a matter of how long they've been cut.

[quote name='lilboo']So this really just makes the 360 STFU?
That's good enough, IMO![/quote]

After a few minutes of gameplay in graphically intensive games will cause the fans to rise to near full speed and the system is still pretty loud... but not quite as loud as the fans/DVD combo.

[quote name='dabebop']Is there a site, or something out there where people have tested the hard drive vs disc loading on various games?[/quote]
There are various posts, but hardware varies among 360s, especially DVD drives. So it would be hard to get a good comparison. It's safe to assume that for 95% of the games, load times are quicker if the game is installed.

NBA 2K9 is 6.7 GB, not 3.4

picture003av0.jpg

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']I have good news: Some of Sonic 360s load times are cut, but not all of them...

Just thought I'd bring this to your attention because I know everyone out there loves this game.[/quote]

Hi everyone, by how much exactly?
How long in exact seconds does it take to load Wave Ocean? Anyone know?
I'll play it again if i think it's at a reasonable level of loading.

Now that i have the NXE, i was able to install my first game :)

NHL 2K7 [6.8GB]
NBA Street Homecourt [5.4GB]
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty [6.6GB]

[quote name='Shenmue3']How do you get it early?[/quote]
Many of us signed up on MajorNelson(.com)'s early preview a few weeks ago.

We currently have the most comprehensive list out there by about 10 games. Keep it up everyone :)

By the way, if you have older sports games (06, 07, 08), post their install sizes please.

[quote name='SynGamer']We currently have the most comprehensive list out there by about 10 games. Keep it up everyone :)

By the way, if you have older sports games (06, 07, 08), post their install sizes please.[/QUOTE]

Madden 08 -- 6.1 GB

I plan on getting individual disc data for Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey when I get the new Dash so it can go on the list (we must be comprehensive). If someone beats me to it, they officially earn the title "Sir Jackass".

[quote name='KingBroly']I plan on getting individual disc data for Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey when I get the new Dash so it can go on the list (we must be comprehensive). If someone beats me to it, they officially earn the title "Sir Jackass".[/quote]
I updated LO and IU. All i need is for you to find Blue Dragon :)

Aw, f:censored:k me.

Like most people I have a 20GB HD (more like 13GB, hurrhurr, deceptive advertising FTL) and only about 3GB in free space due to demos, Rock Band DLC, Halo 3 maps, Vegas 2 bonus stuff, the list goes on. Looks like I won't be able to take advantage of this feature at all until I get a bigger HD. Damn you, Microsoft!

Part 1
Eragon - 5.4GB
Jumper - 3.4GB
Transformers - 4.9GB
Viva Pinata Party Animals - 5.4GB
Tiger Woods 08 - 6.7GB
Nascar 08 - 4.8GB
Soilder of Fortune Payback - 3.4GB
The Bigs - 6.1GB
Madden 07 - 4.7GB
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe - 3.9GB
NHL 2K6 - 6.8GB
Rayman Raving Rabbids - 4.6GB
Bionicle Heroes - 3.4GB
MLB 2K6 - 6.6GB
NBA Live 06 - 3.4GB
Bladestorm - 6.3GB
World Series of Poker 2007 Edition - 3.4GB

[quote name='SynGamer']I updated LO and IU. All i need is for you to find Blue Dragon :)[/quote]

Okay then....

Sir Halfass :lol:

bread's done
Back