Xbox 360 Game Install Sizes and Loading Times: 900+ games! (Celebrating 5+ years!)

im about to do a few

Conan: 6.0 Gb
College Hoops 2k7 [Not march madness]: Didnt let me install.
NBA LIVE 07: 5.3
Monster Madness: 3.4
Beowulf: 6.8

Last edited by a moderator:
I realized that scrolling through 200+ games makes it hard to find the exact game you are looking for...

So i just went and put spoiler tags around each letter (A, B, C...), enjoy :)

If someone has Zoids Assault, could you please post the install size...we're missing games from letters Y and Z so i'd like to try and get something there :D

Found three not on there that I have.

MLB 2K8 - 6.8gig
MX vs ATV Untamed - 4.8gig
NHL08 - 5.4gig

I'm an ass for asking but could we have an icon in front of the games to show if the install is worth it for load times sack?! We could have an up arrow for decreasing load times, as in progressive performance, and a down arrow for increasing load, as in decreasing performance. Games I've installed are ^ GH:WT and ^ Gears of War 2. Plan on installing Oblivion, Mass Effect and Universe at War.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Now I'm regretting snapping up the 20gb unit back in July...[/QUOTE]

yea lol
i was only able to fit Fallout 3 on mine with 1 gig left... :cry:

[quote name='Spybreak8']I'm an ass for asking but could we have an icon in front of the games to show if the install is worth it for load times sack?! We could have an up arrow for decreasing load times, as in progressive performance, and a down arrow for increasing load, as in decreasing performance. Games I've installed are ^ GH:WT and ^ Gears of War 2. Plan on installing Oblivion, Mass Effect and Universe at War.[/quote]
So something like (EXAMPLES ONLY);

AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack.......[3.4GB]
tickmh0.png

Ace Combat 6...........................[6.4GB]
crosstd5.png

or

or

tickmh0.png

crosstd5.png

The only problem seems to be obtaining the information for all the games (all 245 at this point)...

[quote name='salmonax5']Sorry if this has been posted, but here's a vid comparing the noise levels:

So, is there really that much of a difference?[/quote]
Indeed. Take one of your games that constantly has the DVD disc spinning...install it, and then listen again.

[quote name='SynGamer']So something like (EXAMPLES ONLY);

tickmh0.png

crosstd5.png

or

or

tickmh0.png

crosstd5.png

The only problem seems to be obtaining the information for all the games (all 245 at this point)...[/quote]

Yea that works, either one, choice 1 or 3, this information will slowly be revealed.

[quote name='SynGamer']So something like (EXAMPLES ONLY);

tickmh0.png

crosstd5.png

or

or

tickmh0.png

crosstd5.png

The only problem seems to be obtaining the information for all the games (all 245 at this point)...[/quote]

I've been keeping this list over @ gametz, and the community has selected a few that run substantially better with the install. Obviously its not a scientific poll but some games lose 2/3rds of the loads.

Assassins Creed
Burnout Revenge
Fable II [Menu Lag is nonexistant]
Fallout 3
Forza 2
Grand Theft Auto IV
Lost Oddyssey [Load Disc 4 for all end game content]
Mass Effect [Stutter Free, Elevators NOT REDUCED]
Ninja Gaiden II
Oblivion
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3
Saints Row
Sonic the Hedgehog
The Orange Box
The Simpsons Game
Virtua Fighter 5

Instead of Green/Red, how about just highlighting/noting which games have longer load times if installed? That would make things easier and common sense tells you that games on HDD will likely load faster. So if there are games (and there are) that take longer to load off of the HDD, we'll make those red...

I would rather do that than to update only 20 out of 245 games.

You have an entry for Lara croft tomb raider legend and tomb raider legend. Those are the same game. Also, Command and conquer tiberium wars and c&c3 are the same.

[quote name='Manatee']You have an entry for Lara croft tomb raider legend and tomb raider legend. Those are the same game. Also, Command and conquer tiberium wars and c&c3 are the same.[/quote]
Thanks. With so many submissions some sneak by :)

If no one posts the Official X-Men Game install size, I'll try to do it later tonight or in the morning. Long day today!

yea im all up for finding out which games actually run better.. so far ive tried gow2,fable2, tna, and mk vs dcu and I have not noticed much if any differences

[quote name='guyver2077']yea im all up for finding out which games actually run better.. so far ive tried gow2,fable2, tna, and mk vs dcu and I have not noticed much if any differences[/quote]

The noise is gone.

[quote name='guyver2077']im looking for performance gains.. noise never really was an issue for me.[/quote]

You must be nearly deaf. The fucking thing sounded like it was going to explode. I have had air compressors that are more quiet then that thing.

Haha, I was talking with this issue with someone yesterday and he was like "The Xbox is loud?". Then I remembered that if you go into the room where he plays the volume is blasting all over the place that you can't hear the xbox, so he never knew about the noise.

Oh, increase. Well I was going to report that Smackdown vs Raw 2009 had a significant decrease in load times.

Oblivion should be under "E", not "O" as "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"

Lost Odyssey definitely has lowered load times for battles, but some of it is still hard coded (like 6-8 seconds per battle load)

[quote name='SynGamer']So to make things easier, i'd like people to start reporting games that so a noticeable INCREASE in load times (aka worse).[/quote]

Yea looking at other site's info it appears the only game that is worse with installing to the hard drive is Halo 3, (since it already is optimized to use the HDD). Maybe also document games that benefit tremendously from the feature, aka Oblivion and Fable II for example.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yea looking at other site's info it appears the only game that is worse with installing to the hard drive is Halo 3, (since it already is optimized to use the HDD). Maybe also document games that benefit tremendously from the feature, aka Oblivion and Fable II for example.[/quote]
The problem i may run into is a character limit in the post (with code). Who's to decide what games are 'drastic improvements' versus 'descent'? 10 seconds, 20 seconds? It varies based on what DVD drive you have so for now i would prefer to leave it at highlighting games that aren't improved.

[quote name='FloodsAreUponUS']You must be nearly deaf. The fucking thing sounded like it was going to explode. I have had air compressors that are more quiet then that thing.[/quote]

I find is funny that people complain so much about the disk drive being loud. For me, on my RRoD refurb, the fans are only slightly less loud than the drive. Thus, even when I'm playing demos off the Hard Drive, the noise is almost as loud. It's only when the macine shuts off completely that I notice any significant decrease in noise.

So I'm like guyver, only looking for better performance. Though with the loading on Portal: Still Alive being more intrusive in the lab puzzles than off the disk, I am, admittedly, skeptical. I guess the "wear and tear" is still an advantage though.

[quote name='aknowlesjr']is there a thread for how installing the games decrease the load times?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why it can't be discussed here.
Now if you're asking for a list..well, that's a bit too much IMO ;)

Lilboo our avatars are rather similar.
I was pleased to see Beautiful Katamari at less than 4 GIGs. I had enough room on my 20 GIG harddrive.

[quote name='aknowlesjr']is there a thread for how installing the games decrease the load times?[/quote]
It's been discussed and basically, 99% of the games out there (on the 360) decrease load times when installed. How much VARIES based on the persons hardware (DVD drive and HDD).

[quote name='Nionel']Tenchu Z - 4.5 GB[/quote]
Already on the list but thank you for posting. I'm currently looking for anyone that has a 360 game starting with 'Y' or 'Z' so that we can complete the alphabet :D

bread's done
Back