Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

[quote name='JohnnyDeLicious']That is pretty unimpressive. I would like to see some old DLC personally, but for games I actually want to play/finish soon. Specifically Overlord, Puzzle Quest, and Crackdown.[/QUOTE]
The Crackdown DLC was just permanently discounted to 400 points a few weeks back.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Coldplay pack is 440 points, not 240 :([/QUOTE]
You have to be signed into your account, since it's Gold only.

Hint from Xbox's fan page on Facebook

We’ll give you some hints though. Think Guitar Hero®, new Avatar accessories, Fallout 3 and New Year’s Eve! You have only one day to snag each offer, so keep checking back.

If the Avatar accessories are free, then fine. Fallout 3 doesn't matter much, I don't have the game, and when I buy it I'll get the GOTY edition with all DLC. Guitar Hero track packs could be good, assuming they get good discounts.

I don't know if it's still active, but earlier today I noticed that the 360 present avatar item was free (for some reason). So I downloaded it! This is the first chance I've had to post (sorry if they fixed it by now).

To this deal's credit, it does make me think of this:

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart?
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: No...he looks like something might be disturbing him.
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses.
Marge: I guess we could get more involved in Bart's activities but then
I'd be afraid of smothering him.
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant.
Homer: It was, Marge, admit it.

[quote name='100xp']I think the last holiday deal of the day should be: "14 days of holiday deals and all I got was this stupid t-shirt" (avatar item).[/QUOTE]

lmfao! :applause:

...seriously, i thought these were gonna be like a sale each day, but its just stupid ugly avatar items? *sigh* :roll:

[quote name='reddjoey']Hint from Xbox's fan page on Facebook[/QUOTE]

If those are pretty much the items then fuck, might as well spend these points I got for Ikaruga and Triggerheart

[quote name='Gnomes and Pie']I'd rather shave my balls than waste time downloading those useless glasses.[/QUOTE]

There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's quite breathtaking - I highly suggest you try it.

Guitar Hero and Fallout 3?

Why?! Everyone who wants the fallout DLC has it, or is buying the GOTY edition.

yeah I wont buy any more digital fallout gameplay, made that mistake with O:A and pitt, eventually gonna get the GOTY edition, but certainly wont buy anymore digital addons.

smh looks like there wont be any good dotds. oh well

for some reason I thought Shadow Complex was the 18th... gotta wait longer now :\

Seriously people, chill the fuck out. If the first deal isn't for you, there's more on the way, and just because you don't want avatar sunglasses then that doesn't mean all of the others are going to be something you don't want as well. How about waiting until after the first few days before getting your panties wadded up into your vaginas.

I am still holding out hope that these deals are going to start off with free crap, then heavily discounted crap, then gradually work up to good deals by the time it's over. Fingers crossed.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']lmfao! :applause:

...seriously, i thought these were gonna be like a sale each day, but its just stupid ugly avatar items? *sigh* :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yep. We have the whole list of deals. All avatar items. Clearly. :roll:

[quote name='Gnomes and Pie']I'd rather shave my balls than waste time downloading those useless glasses.[/QUOTE]

Chicks love shaved balls. Do both.

Major Nelson was online, I sent him a message reminding him it is new deal time. And I hope it's better then the 2010 glasses.

[quote name='Tyrannical']Major Nelson was online, I sent him a message reminding him it is new deal time. And I hope it's better then the 2010 glasses.[/QUOTE]

Dannnnnnnng. You're pretty cool, buddy. :applause:

Ok, Major Nelson is off his Xbox now, so maybe we'll get that deal real soon. :)

Otherwise he'll go to sleep and we'll have to wait and wait for the new deal :(

[quote name='Tyrannical']I bet Major Nelson is sleeping now instead of posting new deals like he is supposed to. :([/QUOTE]

did he even put a time frame for when they go up? Because if not then it will probably be like normal content and be up there in a few hours.

[quote name='veecious']thanks for the post OP and thanks for the bump tonight cuz I wouldn't have remembered otherwise =][/QUOTE]

Just like Major forgetful Nelson forgetting to put up a new deal. :bomb:

[quote name='Tyrannical']Just like Major forgetful Nelson forgetting to put up a new deal. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

LOL or not forgetting and doing it intentionally :whistle2:k

[quote name='Tyrannical']Just like Major forgetful Nelson forgetting to put up a new deal. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Dear unobservant:

The typical Deal of the Week isn't posted until either Sunday or Monday (I've seen it jump back and forth...), and these daily deals are not going to be posted on his blog at all. And if you're implying that Major is responsible for actually activating the deal, well, you're probably mistaken.

Cheers

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Dear unobservant:

The typical Deal of the Week isn't posted until either Sunday or Monday (I've seen it jump back and forth...), and these daily deals are not going to be posted on his blog at all. And if you're implying that Major is responsible for actually activating the deal, well, you're probably mistaken.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah? I heard Xbox Marketplace deals were randomly activated by Major Nelson's tweets. That's why he posts all day long, to make sure that the deals are live for everyone to enjoy.

[quote name='hpv']Oh yeah? I heard Xbox Marketplace deals were randomly activated by Major Nelson's tweets. That's why he posts all day long, to make sure that the deals are live for everyone to enjoy.[/QUOTE]

The deal of the day could be up on the marketplace already, but we do not know what it is. Major Nelson is suppose to send Tweets on what the deal is going to be.

Though the deal could be put up automatically at midnight, we'd have no idea of knowing what new got added or had a price drop unless someone stumbeled upon it.

And on that note..........

Major Nelson was up until Midnight playing Xbox (Borderlands), so if he gets eight hours of sleep, we might not get it by noon EST. :bomb:

[quote name='Tyrannical']The deal of the day could be up on the marketplace already, but we do not know what it is. Major Nelson is suppose to send Tweets on what the deal is going to be.

Though the deal could be put up automatically at midnight, we'd have no idea of knowing what new got added or had a price drop unless someone stumbeled upon it.

And on that note..........

Major Nelson was up until Midnight playing Xbox (Borderlands), so if he gets eight hours of sleep, we might not get it by noon EST. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Ummm there is a spot on the dashboard that is counting down each day for each day. So unless they decide not to update the deal to that spot like they are supposed to then yes we would have to search for it.

It is in the Spotlight section called Countdown to New Year.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Grab Worms 2 for 400 points. TODAY ONLY. http://$$$$$$$/6Aqcfn

from major nelson's twitter[/QUOTE]

Is that Worms or Worms 2: Armageddon because you dollar signed link isn't really helping.

[quote name='Kaltic']Is that Worms or Worms 2: Armageddon because you dollar signed link isn't really helping.[/QUOTE]

I just reposted the Twitter link and apparently CAG doesn't like bitly links.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/g...912/?of=7&cid=majornelson&partner=majornelson

That's the full link after you click on it from the tweet. Now am I helpful enough?

edit: still showing at 800 on the site and I have sent Major a message.

[quote name='Kaltic']Is that Worms or Worms 2: Armageddon because you dollar signed link isn't really helping.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as the only Worms 2 on XBL is Worms 2: Armageddon...

Price on Xbox.com isn't updated yet. Haven't checked XBL.

http://twitter.com/majornelson

[quote name='noisome07']Seeing as the only Worms 2 on XBL is Worms 2: Armageddon...

Price on Xbox.com isn't updated yet. Haven't checked XBL.

http://twitter.com/majornelson[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Worms 2 could technically be any Worms game by now since they have so many. But i also asked because I already own Worms 2 Armadeggon (got half off on amazon) and with how super awesome his link was i wanted to make sure if his information was correct.

Lame. Worms games haven't been good in a decade and the ones that were good haven't aged well at all.

Honestly, I'd rather have another piece of shitty clothing to make my avatar look like even more of a dickbag than the 2010 glasses.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Coldplay pack is 440 points, not 240 :([/QUOTE]

Um, what? It's been 240 since early this week. Either via the direct link on the dashboard, or from within the lips marketplace itself...

MS has branding up for Worm 2 at 400 points on live right now, however they still haven't adjusted the price to 400. It's showing 800 currently.

bread's done
Back