Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Have you guys seen q.b footage an game looks great
It looks like a mashup between Max Payne and Alan Wake. The graphics certainly are impressive. I have played every Remedy game so definitely looking forward to this one.

Also, impresed by what they showed of HMCC (Sanctuary) and Halo 5 beta. It appears 343 is finally listening to fans (no more loadouts everyone starts on equal footing). The other big news of the day was USB and DLNA support (including MKV and NTFS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odsa3YY7fj4&list=UUjBp_7RuDBUYbd1LegWEJ8g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnMKTl9VhJU&index=9&list=UUjBp_7RuDBUYbd1LegWEJ8g

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah not buying that SO bundle. I am getting an x-one but when they said card for a download, yeah no.

I mean if it came preinstalled, that's one thing but I am not waiting 3 days+ to play the fuck ing game because my internet is ass. Not that I mind waiting or anything but it's more so it would probably be the only game I had for the system at the time unless I grabbed Forza.

Yeah not buying that SO bundle. I am getting an x-one but when they said card for a download, yeah no.

I mean if it came preinstalled, that's one thing but I am not waiting 3 days+ to play the fuck ing game because my internet is ass. Not that I mind waiting or anything but it's more so it would probably be the only game I had for the system at the time unless I grabbed Forza.
if i am not mistaken. it seems all xbox one bundle are including games in downloable digital format. the days of microsoft including physical games, or preinstalled format in console bundles are over

Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars is releasing, XB1/PS4 releases make senses for those who missed out on it and both systems currently have slim pickings so I wouldn't be surprised if this game outsells the last gen counterparts.

say what you will about xbox one but the x1 only lineup for 2015 looks VERY impressive.
Please elaborate and sell me on the XB1. The only major things that come to mind are Halo, Quantum Break, and Tomb Raider for exclusives. (Do not list indie/arcade titles, nor cross-gen titles like ScreamRide.)

Please elaborate and sell me on the XB1. The only major things that come to mind are Halo, Quantum Break, and Tomb Raider for exclusives. (Do not list indie/arcade titles, nor cross-gen titles like ScreamRide.)
what does ps4 have a un known new ip the order and uc4? what is the point you trying to make

what does ps4 have a un known new ip the order and uc4? what is the point you trying to make
???? Are you on your phone? I wasn't trying to make a point. I was asking for a list of XB1 exclusives releasing in 2015 aside from what I already listed. I can't think of any besides those.

???? Are you on your phone? I wasn't trying to make a point. I was asking for a list of XB1 exclusives releasing in 2015 aside from what I already listed. I can't think of any besides those.
I don't think there is much else in the way of AAA exclusives on the horizon which is why I guess they bought RTR. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced a few more games before the end of the year. They can also buy a few more exclusives between now and then.

I don't think there is much else in the way of AAA exclusives on the horizon which is why I guess they bought RTR. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced a few more games before the end of the year. They can also buy a few more exclusives between now and then.
That's what I thought. Thanks. From his post, he made it sound like there was a lot that I wasn't thinking of. Lol. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Best controller ever (not fanboy hype talk, it truly is) and the largest, most robust online community. Cloud servers. and Halo and Quantum Break are worth mentioning because they are looking to be *that good*.

August 19th: Diablo 3

August 26th: Metro Redux

September 9th: Destiny

September 30th: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor / Forza Horizon 2

October 7th: Alien: Isolation / NBA2K15

October 14th: The Evil Within

October 28th: Sunset Overdrive / Assassins Creed

November 4th: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

November 11th: Halo: MCC

November 18th: Dragon Age / Far Cry 4

If you had to pick 5, which games would you get?  

im getting sunset/ cod/halo/ac/ wwe this fall that is about it

Destiny/MCC/COD:AW/2K15/Sunset Overdrive

2K15, Sunset Overdrive, and MCC I will be for sure getting this year.  Destiny is a PS4 purchase whenever I get one and Advanced Warfare is just to fill out the list.

Destiny/FH2/SO/HMCC/DragonAge

My picks.

actual photos of both sunset overdrive bundle and call of duty bundle

http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/12/xbox-one-gamescom-2014/?ncid=rss_truncated
I wonder if Microsoft is putting Kinect to the side, none of the new bundles include it... With that said, I can't decide on which bundle to get. COD 1TB bundle or Sunset Overdrive bundle, leaning towards Sunset Overdrive just because it is $100 less. I have been waiting for the White Xbox One since Ntknl leaked it in January. All of his leaks came true except for maybe one, he even got the 1TB Xbox One correct. Really interesting how Microsoft plans everything out so far out and with little to no changes.

Destiny, Assassins Creed, Halo MMC, Far Cry and possibly Sunset Overdrive.

I wonder if Microsoft is putting Kinect to the side, none of the new bundles include it... With that said, I can't decide on which bundle to get. COD 1TB bundle or Sunset Overdrive bundle, leaning towards Sunset Overdrive just because it is $100 less. I have been waiting for the White Xbox One since Ntknl leaked it in January. All of his leaks came true except for maybe one, he even got the 1TB Xbox One correct. Really interesting how Microsoft plans everything out so far out and with little to no changes.
SO if you like the aesthetics. Plus, it is the better deal. You can use the $100 to buy yourself a 4TB external during BF.

In my experience most fortune 500 companies plan things years in advance. There is too much bureaucracy within the company for something to really be last minute. Unless, an order comes from the top it is difficult to adapt very quickly. That's why small teams are way more flexible than large groups.

Only reason I want a Kinect is for the voice commands and Twitch streaming.  Nothing MS has released game-wise on 360 or XB1 makes me say that it is a must-have peripheral. 

I preordered Destiny, AC Unity, AC Rogue, Borderlands Pre-sequel, and FarCry 4 mainly because of Best Buy Gamer club 20% off plus $10 promo on some of those. Will rent Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2 and Halo MCC if I have time.

SO if you like the aesthetics. Plus, it is the better deal. You can use the $100 to buy yourself a 4TB external during BF.

In my experience most fortune 500 companies plan things years in advance. There is too much bureaucracy within the company for something to really be last minute. Unless, an order comes from the top it is difficult to adapt very quickly. That's why small teams are way more flexible than large groups.
I took a more careful look at the pictures and I think the Sunset Overdrive bundle is better. I just like the clean white look and I'm sure Microsoft will have more special COD themed consoles in the future just like on the Xbox 360. I also have a few spare hard drives laying around that just needs an enclosure for external storage. Now I just need to be on the lookout for some cheap Xbox Live subscriptions, it's rare to find them on sale for $35 now.

Edit: Best Buy has them up for pre-order now.

Microsoft - Xbox One Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle

Microsoft - Xbox One Special Edition Sunset Overdrive Bundle - White

SO, MMC, COD, FC4, and FH2 is my pick 5. Its going to be crazy this fall.

Only reason I want a Kinect is for the voice commands and Twitch streaming. Nothing MS has released game-wise on 360 or XB1 makes me say that it is a must-have peripheral.
True, they should've made Kinect optional from the start. They took a gamble when they packed it in with every console and it failed miserably for them, if they hadn't they would still be number 1 in sales.

i didn

I took a more careful look at the pictures and I think the Sunset Overdrive bundle is better. I just like the clean white look and I'm sure Microsoft will have more special COD themed consoles in the future just like on the Xbox 360. I also have a few spare hard drives laying around that just needs an enclosure for external storage. Now I just need to be on the lookout for some cheap Xbox Live subscriptions, it's rare to find them on sale for $35 now.

Edit: Best Buy has them up for pre-order now.

Microsoft - Xbox One Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle

Microsoft - Xbox One Special Edition Sunset Overdrive Bundle - White
black friday is coming up. lol in 3 months

Some people are talking as if Ki season 2 doesn't have all of season 1 stuff in it? I mean the series was never that great to begin with but damn @ that Capcom level price gouge.

Well according to 4J studios tweet a few minutes ago, they handed the game over to Sony for certification.... we will have next gen Minecraft by the end of the month for sure!
that's great news if i remember right if you got it last gen you get new gen for like 5 bucks or 9.99 one of the two. i hope i don't need 360 to transfer the game i don't have one anymore :/

i hope 360 has fire sale this black friday plan on getting one then.

Just got back from work. Looking over the details over both conferences makes me very excited for what Microsoft showed and pretty damn near disappointed at Sony.

I'll be watching both conferences tonight for fun, but I've heard a lot of exciting Xbox News, and nothing exciting on the Playstation front (Minus that kick-ass Bloodborne trailer).

Despite what Timbo says I think the Xbox One 2015 line-up needs more work. I don't blame them for not talking about it too much sense they should be focused on this year, but Sony has The Order and Bloodborne two big games planned for early next year. Makes me hope Microsoft has some big things planned.

On the flip side Microsoft has an arguably stronger Holiday 2014 line-up since it seems like Sony's forced games to slip into Spring 2015.

bread's done
Back