New PS2 Drops at CC B&M? $16.96 Tales of Legendia, Xenosaga III, and Grandia III

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvgamer1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just like the title says.

I just saw about 3-5 copies each of Grandia III, Xenosaga III, and Tales of Legendia in the clearance bin at Circuit City, stickered at $16.96

IMHO, Circuit City is about the only major chain that has regular (consistant), reliable (nationwide) clearances.

Would someone be willing and able to start an "official" clearance thread? There are a lot of deals that I've seen there that never seem to be mentioned on CAG (for example I've also seen Lost Magic NDS for $16.96).

Any CAG CC employees out there?

Yeah, there is definitly a new clearence out there...either we all can put together a new list or wait on an employee. Off the top of my head...

Infected - psp
Full Auto - 360

Many more. Neo, where you at!?

I hate this 16.96 clearance price, seems like all the games get grabbed before they get lowered (which I assume is the point of it, good job CC.) Decent price for these though, not sure if I will pick them up though.

Xenosaga 3 was worth it at $39. I would have paid $59 if I had to.

In my honest opinion, it's the best RPG on the PS2 period.

I'm trying to play FFX and trying to figure out what left me so floored years ago. I didn't make it past the first 10 hours in FF XII. And it stands to rival Episode I and Gears.

If you like wonderful stories, incredible cut scenes, beautiful art direction, and a solid battle uncomplicated battle system, Xenosaga Episode III is for you. It doesn't hurt to mention Xenosaga I and II are both around $10 new.

I think it's weird how some of the worst RPG's sell for twice what they're worth and yet two of the best sell for less than GH pricing.

Awesome price on Xenosaga III! I'm playing through it right now, it's great game. I have a used copy of ToL I'd like to replace with a new one if I could find the game around $10. So the game I'll be looking for is Grandia III, even though I've heard it's not that great overally. Still, I love RPGs. ^_^

Thanks for the info, OP!

[quote name='guynextshore']16.96 for xenosaga III & tales of legendia?
Need to hit CC tomorrow.
Please someone confirm this!![/quote]

Haha, this dude

Don't worry, they're all sealed! lmfao :lol:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Haha, this dude

Don't worry, they're all sealed! lmfao :lol:[/quote]

LOL!
I know!!! - I need to go to CC tomorrow!!

A bunch of games got lowered to $16.96 on Friday. It seemed to be mostly DS games (there's already a thread about it for DQ Heroes and others). There were a few 360 games as well. If someone wants to compile a complete list and combine threads that would be great.

Also, I checked Disgaea 2 and a few others but they rang up regular price.

personally, I found Grandia III kind of lackluster. Like Grandia II it had a nice combat engine, but the story was awful.

Anyway, great prices on Legendia and Xenosaga III. I might go pick up Full Auto for that price too.

These are confirmed $16.96 (mostly from the website):

Nintendo DS:
Pokemon Trozei
Mechassault: Phantom War
Fullmetal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy
Cartoon Network Racing
Over the Hedge: Hammy Goes Nuts
Eragon
Flushed Away
The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning
Dragonquest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Bionicle Heroes
Garfield: A Tale of Two kitties
Justice League Heroes
True Swing Golf
Lost Magic
Warioware: Touched
The Scurge: Hive

Sony PSP:
Infected

Nintendo Gamecube:
Bomberman Jetters ($9.96)

XBox 360:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006
Full Auto

Sony PS2:
Kim Possible: What's the Switch?
Hitman: Blood Money
Commandos: Strike Force
Chicken Little: Ace in Action
MLB Slugfest 2006

I'm also 99% sure the OP is correct that Tales of Legendia, Xenosaga 3, and Grandia 3 are $16.96; though, I can't confirm by the website.

Definetly confirmed for Xenosaga III, just sped my ass over there and it rang up 16.96. Also scanned for Valkyrie Profile 2 and it came full price.

[quote name='Josef']These are confirmed $16.96 (mostly from the website):

Nintendo DS:
Pokemon Trozei
Cartoon Network Racing
Eragon
Flushed Away
Bionicle Heroes
Justice League Heroes
True Swing Golf
Lost Magic

Sony PSP:
Infected

Nintendo Gamecube:

XBox 360:
Full Auto

Sony PS2:
MLB Slugfest 2006

I'm also 99% sure the OP is correct that Tales of Legendia, Xenosaga 3, and Grandia 3 are $16.96; though, I can't confirm by the website.[/quote]

[Sarcasm]Oh hell yea, definitely picking up Kim Possible, Chicken little, and Bionicle Heroes! What a deal![/Sarcasm]

Time to pick up ToL and Xeno 3 :D

Haha, lets see if anyone finds Warioware Touched!

Can anyone vouch for the FMA DS game or Dragon quest heroes? I might pick up bomberman jetters as I love the bomberman series ;)

[quote name='FFBlitzace']I want Grandia III, but I would really prefer $10 or less.[/quote]

I picked up a Grandia 3 at Toys R' Us like 2 months ago for 10 after they lowered the price. The few TRU's I've been into lately all still have copies of it.

Deal confirmed. Just got Xenosaga III for 16.96. Grandia III and ToL were priced the same as well. However, all 3 games were not in their Clearance boxes. They were still on the shelves at 29.99, 29.99 and 39.99 for ToL, GIII, and Xeno III respectively. Ask the store clerk and the price should come up 16.96 in the computer. Happy CAGing.

awesome, I guess its time to pick up tales of legendia. While I'm at it, might as well try and hunt every CC in the area to score warioware: touched lol

Grandia III was at my local CC for the registered clearance price as well, despite the fact that it was neither in the clearance bin nor marked down from it's 49.99 retail sticker.

Just FYI, I've heard nothing but bad things about Tales of Legendia. Tales of the Abyss has generally been regarded as the better game, just as good (if not better) than Symphonia.

I'll have to swing by tomorrow. I may not be able to resist Rocket Slime at this price, and maybe they'll have more PSP stuff. Handhelds forever, baby! :D

I already have both ToL & Xeno 3 (but I got them in the dying days of Rhino, so I didn't pay anywhere near full price for them). I do have a friend who may be interested in Xeno 3 for that price. Any other 360 or PSP games?

I think I will try to find Grandia III, even though I hardly ever have any luck at my CC. Grandia II was one of the most fun rpg I have played so i wanna try this one.

[quote name='Josef']These are confirmed $16.96 (mostly from the website):

Nintendo DS:
Pokemon Trozei
Cartoon Network Racing
Eragon
Flushed Away
Bionicle Heroes
Justice League Heroes
True Swing Golf
Lost Magic

Sony PSP:
Infected

Nintendo Gamecube:

XBox 360:
Full Auto

Sony PS2:
MLB Slugfest 2006

I'm also 99% sure the OP is correct that Tales of Legendia, Xenosaga 3, and Grandia 3 are $16.96; though, I can't confirm by the website.[/quote]

Nice work. Now we just need to add our instore finds.

[quote name='ITDEFX']is Grandia 3 better then Grandia 2 story wise?[/QUOTE]

the story is quite RPG-standard type (some dude saves the world and some chick falls in love with him, ya know). But I really did enjoy the battle system. It was fun and unpredictable since everyone could move around on the battle field in real time.

[quote name='jah2004']I think I will try to find Grandia III, even though I hardly ever have any luck at my CC. Grandia II was one of the most fun rpg I have played so i wanna try this one.[/QUOTE]
If you plan on buying Grandia III based solely on your experience with Grandia II, then you'll be sorely disappointed. Grandia III is very generic compared to the great story of Grandia II.

I picked up a Grandia 3 at Toys R' Us like 2 months ago for 10 after they lowered the price. The few TRU's I've been into lately all still have copies of it.

consider yourself lucky, ive been looking for it at my local TRU's since the sale started and didn't find one.

[quote name='wickedwrister']I picked up a Grandia 3 at Toys R' Us like 2 months ago for 10 after they lowered the price. The few TRU's I've been into lately all still have copies of it.[/quote]

consider yourself lucky, i've been looking for it at my local TRU's since the sale started and have yet to find one.

[quote name='CaoPi']is tales any good? I heard legendia was the weakest in the series?[/quote]

Personally, legendia was the weakest - the story didn't really intrigue me at all. Especially, after playing Symphonia/destiny II. But then again, that's my opinion only. :D.

[quote name='bardockkun'] Also scanned for Valkyrie Profile 2 and it came full price.[/QUOTE]

Figures - that is the ONE RPG I held off on buying at release, and it doesn't seem to want to budge. It is highly annoying. (Well, other than Xeno III, and I got a good price on that).

Grandia III is a *great* game. Of course the battle system is phenomenal. It gets somewhat challenging towards the end too. And the story isn't that damn bad. I didn't have a problem with it. I actually liked it because it was fairly linear. I'm all for deep, complex, branching games. But because of my lack of time to play these things I appreciated that I could play one without a guide (unlike Suikoden V) and still get "100%" of the game completed (hard to be sure as it doesn't tell you but as far as I could tell I didn't miss any areas), and all under 40-50 hours (I forget exactly).

Tales of Legendia is also a very good game. For whatever reason I stopped playing it halfway through the character quests. I really should just finish it off as I probably only have 5-10 hours left. THEN I can move on to Abyss, Rogue Galaxy, FF X, FF XII, Shadow Hearts (all), Xenosaga (all), DDS 1 & 2, etc... Why am I considering getting a 360 again? :rofl:. I could play PS2 RPG games out of my sealed stack for the next 2 years solid.

Anyway, I highly recommend either of those at $17 - seem like obvious buys to me if you are any kind of RPG fan. (Haven't played any Xenosagas yet, but I was fortunate to get Xeno III at GR for $15 last week).

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Can anyone vouch for the FMA DS game or Dragon quest heroes? I might pick up bomberman jetters as I love the bomberman series ;)[/QUOTE]

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is a good, light-hearted action-RPG. You have to go through the levels and free your slime friends. Along the way, you collect items to be used as ammo for the tank battles, which are pretty fun. You can also find recipes that will allow you to combine items to make new items, so there's an incentive to replay the levels to get more items.

Hmmm, anyone know any other PS2 games that might be eligible? I might be able to stop by later, but don't know what I should check.

[quote name='Brian9824']Might have to snag tales of legendia and see if they will honor one of the BB $5 off coupons while i'm there.[/QUOTE]

Um, what coupons? Do you mean GGC, or something else? The only ones in the Coupon thread I see are for 5 off 19.99 or more. There used to be one w/ no limit, is that still around?

Thanks.

I'm possibly interested in Grandia III, but will I like it if my preference is for standard turn based battles? 99.9% of the time I *HATE* RPGs that try to mix in action based stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back