WSP on Robert still open.

#5162 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:50 PM

wsp?

St. Paul Midway.

While it's not technically the closest BB to me, it's the one I'd hit first since it was right in front of the Super Target there.
dont hate the player or the game just hate your salf

#5163 erock

erock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

The Blockbuster I usually have good luck at had a shipment out of the POGs. They had about 6 copies of CoD4 (grabbed 1), Far Cry 2, Spiderman and a few others previously mentioned. It was definitely a new shipment as this batch has a black and white insert that said the name of the game on on the front and spine. It made it much easier to search through the stack than the old clear cases. No L4D or CoD WaW.

#5164 yedgee

yedgee

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

Southfield, MI:

Was able to grab for PS3 (both used):
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $9.99
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $9.99
Both games had original case and manual.

The BB worker told me Transformers was mismarked at $9.99 and is really $29.99, but she would honor the mismarked price.
Star Wars was marked $19.99 but rang up at $9.99.

Didn't see much else for PS3. There was one more used copy of SW left.

Not too bad of a deal for some less than triple A titles.
Word.

#5165 grecianfox

grecianfox

Ambulance Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

TIV 11/10

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs (PS3) - $17

#5166 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:55 PM

Blockbuster in my area (Central Florida) had around 15-20 of the new POG (not sure how many come in a shipment). All games were for the 360: GTA4, CoD:WaW, Gears of War 2, a few 09 sports titles, Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, Street Fighter 4, and a few others I am probably forgetting.

#5167 io

io

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:58 PM

Went in to my local BBV because I had to return some movies anyway. No POG games and they had processed all their stuff for today already. The big new addition was 12-packs of Coke products, marked 3 for $7. I was going to go to Safeway afterwards anyway to buy some Coke (where it is $3.33 each) but I figured I might as well get it at BBV with my credit. I was the first person to buy some, apparently. And as can be expected, the promo didn't work (since they are $3.99 normally) and they had to credit me the 98 cents. But on the plus side their system didn't apply the bottle/can deposit so I ended up saving 60 cents on each one because of that - makes their price one of the best I've seen in a long time.

Of course the fact that I paid for part of it with my Rock Rev trade makes it all the sweeter ;). I am down to $3.05 in BBV credit now though. I did notice a few "new" used games that weren't there a few days ago. In particular they have a Wii Music ($9.99 - regular price and complete, not a POG). Hopefully that makes it till the next B1G1 sale. I love how people in the other thread are going in and getting all excited over the regular $9.99 and under stuff that we are all waiting for B1G1 to buy ;).

#5168 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

I love how people in the other thread are going in and getting all excited over the regular $9.99 and under stuff that we are all waiting for B1G1 to buy ;).

This.... Exactly. I did see some new additions to the B1G1 fodder though and the stores I visit were down to the dregs before. I fear it is probably at the expense of closing stores. One manager told me about a store that was pretty much the clearance store right now. I'll have to take a look tomorrow.

#5169 YawnAmuroYawn

YawnAmuroYawn

What is real?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:53 AM

Night at the museum 360 trade in for $6.00
Race Pro 360 trade d in for $10.00

Both traded in today- November 12.

#5170 PontiusPilate

PontiusPilate

Climbing People's Soapbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:42 PM

This.... Exactly. I did see some new additions to the B1G1 fodder though and the stores I visit were down to the dregs before. I fear it is probably at the expense of closing stores. One manager told me about a store that was pretty much the clearance store right now. I'll have to take a look tomorrow.

I've got a clearance store nearby and it hasn't been so great. They had 10% off video games, and it was almost just nice enough to see what their prices were on some of those games in anticipation of the next B1G1. I did grab about 10 games I knew would be a good flip a couple of weeks ago, went again about 10 days ago and there wasn't anything good. If they bumped it up to 20% then I might bite on more, but I don't think they are going to do that. It seems like the model might be to put things on an artificial sale to make it look like great prices, when in many cases you can go to a regular store and get a better deal for new merchandise instead of their used.

#5171 warmsignal

warmsignal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:22 PM

I was wondering if my local Blockbuster is normal or not... Because I really don't see the hype about this store at all.

Every time I've went there, I've seen nothing. They have a very small "buy pre-owned games" shelf of maybe 10 360, 15 Wii and DS, and maybe 10 PS2 games... most of them old sports games or party games, not one thing that's really worth jack crap. The stock never changes, nothing new, nothing sold.

What is the hype about?! Is it just my store that sucks? Do they sell new games or something? Because I've never seen them.

#5172 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:34 PM

I was wondering if my local Blockbuster is normal or not... Because I really don't see the hype about this store at all.

Every time I've went there, I've seen nothing. They have a very small "buy pre-owned games" shelf of maybe 10 360, 15 Wii and DS, and maybe 10 PS2 games... most of them old sports games or party games, not one thing that's really worth jack crap. The stock never changes, nothing new, nothing sold.

What is the hype about?! Is it just my store that sucks? Do they sell new games or something? Because I've never seen them.

Its more or less been a dead store for a while now, even when they're doing the semi-annual B1G1 its not as good as it once was. There trade in values just aren't competitive any more which makes it less useful. I remember trading in games for $25 credit and then buying them back 6 months later for $7.50 during B1G1 sale.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5173 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:37 PM

You're late to the party, the glory days of Blockbuster are now over. There used to be very lucrative trade in values (e.g. they'd give $30 for games you could find on clearance at Target for $10) but that's been over for a while now. Occasionally there's a B1G1 sale which might yield some decent deals but other than that there's very little going on. They got rid of all their new games earlier this year in a big clearance sale.

#5174 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:21 PM

Went into a Blockbuster just to see what they have lying around and got into a conversation with front desk employee .. he stated that a B1G1 free sale event will start on the last week of November and will last 2 weeks .. not sure about it but he seems very certain of this sale and the timing .. just want to give fellow CAGs the heads up on this upcoming event

The info was given to me at the Telephone Rd store (next to Kroger's) in Houston, TX

To OP: Plz mod or delete this post if this is the wrong thread to post or if this info is already known.

Edited by EnronLackey, 12 November 2009 - 07:39 PM.

#5175 hotwls13

hotwls13

BROKE ASS GAMER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:49 PM

Hey IO wassup! I have been gone for a while but we always come back. ;)

Anyway, I picked up some of the POG's at my local BB/GR. I haven't looked at the surface of the discs, but you say these are refurbs. Are they not tradeable at EB/GS then?? No worries as I plan on playing these, just curious.

#5176 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:26 PM

Store closing update:

Old Forge, PA- Some DVD's are down to $5 each, some DVD's are down to $8 each, games are a meager 20% off.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5177 io

io

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:50 PM

Yeah, as someone pointed out they pretty much got rid of all their new games about 6 months ago. They are still good for the occasional used game deal because they tend to mark certain things down really low and then often have B1G1 sales on $14.99 and under games. There are a lot of first-party Nintendo games in that price range for example.

Hey IO wassup! I have been gone for a while but we always come back. ;)

Anyway, I picked up some of the POG's at my local BB/GR. I haven't looked at the surface of the discs, but you say these are refurbs. Are they not tradeable at EB/GS then?? No worries as I plan on playing these, just curious.

No, why would it effect GS trade-in? The refurb job BBV does is generally very good - much better than what GS does in fact. They are almost indistinguishable from a new game - and certainly nothing that would keep you from trading them in to GS if you wanted. The only problem, of course, is the lack of cover art/manual which at some GS stores will result in a refurb fee. But YMMV on that of course.

I have considered calling around to see if other stores got these but for one thing it is always a huge hassle to explain what it is I'm talking about (half the time they will tell me they have disc-only used games and when I go in it is just their regular crappy used game selection). Then there's the credit issue - I don't have a cheap way of getting credit any more and am down to about $3. I can't really justify spending cash on any of these games for disc-only copies. I mean, I would if they were easy to find but considering it would take many phone calls followed by 20-40 mile round trip drives it hardly seems worth it. I'd like to pick up a Halo 3 since I never played it, but other than that I either have everything else or am not interested. There is the trade 2 select games, get a new one for $19.99 deal at GS that I could use for Dragon Age, but that means spending $20 at BBV then $20 more at GS and it seems like I can wait for a price drop and get it easier/cheaper later anyway.

#5178 hotwls13

hotwls13

BROKE ASS GAMER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:02 AM

No, why would it effect GS trade-in? The refurb job BBV does is generally very good - much better than what GS does in fact.

Like I said, I have been out of the gaming scene for a while, but i seemed to remember SOME stores not taking trades that had been resurfaced. I did get some game art with 3 of the 5 I purchased yesterday, so in the future when I get tired of these, i can trade those 3 at least.

Thanks

#5179 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:46 AM

Slightly off topic; when I went in looking for the POGs yesterday I also went ahead and picked up two used Blu Ray movies (Nightmare Before Christmas for the wife, Incredible Hulk for myself). Anyway, they were both in the generic Blockbuster DVD cases (just with the slips of paper that say they were Blu Rays) so I ask the cashier if maybe they have any extra Blu Ray sized cases lying around. To my surprise she said no; to anyone who works at Blockbuster, it that normal not having those extra Blu Ray sized cases to go with the used Blu Ray sales, or was the cashier maybe just being lazy? Thanks!

#5180 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:49 AM

Went into a Blockbuster just to see what they have lying around and got into a conversation with front desk employee .. he stated that a B1G1 free sale event will start on the last week of November and will last 2 weeks .. not sure about it but he seems very certain of this sale and the timing .. just want to give fellow CAGs the heads up on this upcoming event

I will check on this tomorrow as we normally get info 1 week before a sale happens but this could be in the holiday guide which is very big so I'll see if there is anything in it about a b1g1.

Prepacks arrived today in 3 stores in our district so I put a few games aside hoping for a b1 g1 sale. Found the same thing others have been posting. Had 3 cod waw, multiple halo 3 and gta4.

#5181 io

io

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:54 AM

Like I said, I have been out of the gaming scene for a while, but i seemed to remember SOME stores not taking trades that had been resurfaced. I did get some game art with 3 of the 5 I purchased yesterday, so in the future when I get tired of these, i can trade those 3 at least.

Thanks

Nah - your average GS clerk will have no idea they've even been resurfaced and I don't think that is a restriction in any case. You really have to hold them up to a bright light at an angle to see the circular resurfacing marks. Well, at least that is the way it was with the ones I got a year ago. I haven't seen a POG game myself since then. And you can trade the disc-only ones, they just might possibly hit you with a refurb fee ($3 or $4 probably). But most GS stores won't do that.

I swung by again to my local store and still nothing and I found out the one long-term employee (who worked at the GR before they closed nearly 3 years ago) left a few months back. That's too bad as he was the one I could ask to look up the POG stock at other stores. I did trade a Rock Rev for 360 (still $4) to up my BBv credit to $7.05 ;). I'll save it for the rumored B1G1 sale I guess.

I did pick up two more Diet Coke 12-packs. This time they found the bar code that makes them 2 for $7 (normally $3.99 each). Good deal since I was going to drive to Safeway just to get Diet Coke and got to take care of it while checking BBV for the POG stuff.

#5182 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:56 AM

Slightly off topic; when I went in looking for the POGs yesterday I also went ahead and picked up two used Blu Ray movies (Nightmare Before Christmas for the wife, Incredible Hulk for myself). Anyway, they were both in the generic Blockbuster DVD cases (just with the slips of paper that say they were Blu Rays) so I ask the cashier if maybe they have any extra Blu Ray sized cases lying around. To my surprise she said no; to anyone who works at Blockbuster, it that normal not having those extra Blu Ray sized cases to go with the used Blu Ray sales, or was the cashier maybe just being lazy? Thanks!

they probably have ps3 cases which are a little different size than the blu Ray cases but are better than the generic black cases. Since u asked for blu Ray cases thats why she probably said no.

#5183 io

io

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:58 AM

The info was given to me at the Telephone Rd store (next to Kroger's) in Houston, TX

To OP: Plz mod or delete this post if this is the wrong thread to post or if this info is already known.

I meant to comment on this earlier but picked the wrong post to quote.

Absolutely this is the right thread to post this info! In fact, it is 100% appropriate and I'm glad you didn't make a new thread for it or something. And no, it is not already known so any more info we can get is a good thing. When the B1G1 comes around this will be the official and only thread for it. Problem is, most BBV employees don't have that much advance info so while I'm sure he was sure it was going to happen then and you reported what he said accurately, it can't be 100% nailed down at this point. We've also heard that B1G1 will be on black Friday.

As soon as we get 100% confirmation about it I'll change the thread title to reflect it. I don't mind that other thread for the POG deal, though, since that is YMMV and keeps a lot of the confusing clutter out of this thread.

In the mean time, I should start updating the OP with the cheap game list. If anyone has any notable to add or update please start posting them here.

#5184 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:37 AM

they probably have ps3 cases which are a little different size than the blu Ray cases but are better than the generic black cases. Since u asked for blu Ray cases thats why she probably said no.

None of the BBVs I've bought BD's at carried the blue cases. But all of them were glad to give me a few PS3 cases. If you have a CD Warehouse nearby, they sell blue cases for $1/each.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#5185 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:26 AM

I picked up Mario Super Sluggers complete over the weekend at BB for $9.99 used. After playing the game for awhile (it's mediocre at best), I decided it would be better served as trade in bait for Gamecrazy so I could get Punchout instead.

My local BB still has plenty of Mario Super Sluggers in stock, so I might be looking at the Trade 2 deals at GS as the game is on the list as an eligible game. New SMB Wii looks good for $30 (as long as I can trade 2 of the same title to GS that is....)
Posted Image

#5186 mikami

mikami

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:57 AM

quick question guys, whats the current price for a game rental at bb. Havent been there in years

#5187 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:45 AM

quick question guys, whats the current price for a game rental at bb. Havent been there in years

Non recent releases can be had for $1.99 per night, while I believe the week or so rental is still in the $8-9 range.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5188 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:01 PM

You can get one night rentals?? The only thing posted on the price board is the 5-day rental for $8.99 (or 7.99, I forget exactly). A one night rental would be an ideal way to test out a game for cheap. But they exclude new releases from that? How do they differentiate what is and isn't "new?" Thanks!

#5189 mogamer

mogamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:05 PM

My local BBV rents games at $8.99 for 5 days. Although you can rent two games for $15 for 5 days.

#5190 weaselbelly

weaselbelly

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

This may be available near you--

I found it at: Omaha, Nebraska: 96th and Q:
9.99 non-title specific packages are 20% off also

I used to work for Blockbuster-- these packages are used games that are all assigned the same part number, regardless of title. Because of this, their pricepoint is usually above or below their real value. I stopped into this store yesterday and picked up 2 copies of Fallout 3, COD4, and Saints Row 2, all for $8 a piece. I then went to Gamestop, which takes games as trade-ins even with no cover art or manual. All 3 of those games are on the list for Gamestop's "trade 2 of these titles and get $40 off a presale title". Since I can only trade 1 copy of a title per day at gamestop, I did 2 of them yesterday, & I'll do it again a couple times. All that to say, either cheap games at only $8 a piece, or spend $16 at Blockbuster and get $40 worth of trade at Gamestop. (The 20% off may not be available at all stores--this store is closing.)

Hope there is a store near you that carries these. You can call in and say "Could you stat a part number for me?" and give them the part numbers-- they also should be able to tell you if other stores in the area have that part number in stock. You'll have to go to the store in person to see what titles are available. The 2 part numbers I know of are 275837 and 241932. The titles I saw yesterday were:

Fallout 3
COD4
Saints Row 2
Far Cry 2
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Bourne Conspiracy
Fear 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Devil May Cry 4
Prince of Persia
Soul Calibur 4
Grand Theft Auto 4
Guitar Hero World Tour
Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Madden 09
Mercanaries 2
Dark Sector
Turok
Spiderman 3
Spiderman: Web of Shadows
Battlefield: Bad Company
Jumper
Crackdown
Bioshock
Tombraider Anniversary
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Earth Defense Force 2017

Edited by weaselbelly, 13 November 2009 - 06:19 PM.
made easier to read