Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXII (B1G1 50% off on all used games!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4296 replies to this topic

#31 milmanias

milmanias

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:42 AM

I haven't stepped in a BBV in a while. May see if they have any of those Archos 605 left...I need something with wifi since I'm too cheap to get a data plan.

#32 eraser813

eraser813

Even more Erasalating!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:30 AM

Just got back from my Blockbuster with a used Resident Evil 5 (360). It was tagged at 9.99 so I grabbed it. As it was the only one in the bin I couldn't compare it to other copies to see if it was just a mistagged game. Turns out it's supposed to be 24.99 but of course they gave it to me for the 9.99. Nice surprise!

#33 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:06 AM

No 9.99 games at my local stores.

FEAR 2 PS3 got a 9.99 price drop though

Edited by dyeknom, 15 November 2009 - 11:17 AM.

#34 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:54 PM

Price drops effective 11/16. This is not the prepack stuff just regular price drops.

PS3
far cry 2 $9.99
NBA live 09 $14.99
NCAA football 09 $14.99
sid meier $9.99
rainbow six Vegas 2 $9.99
uncharted $9.99

X360
battlefield bad company $9.99
burnout paradise $9.99
soul calibur 4 $14.99

these are only for NON closing stores as closing stores do not have price changes you just get a % off whatever the price of something is.

#35 japaki

japaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:03 PM

uncharted for $10 is a good fuckin' deal.

#36 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:11 PM

Now all I have to do is remember which Blockbuster around here had a copy of Uncharted, though if it's not out as a used game I could always do the $1.99 one night rental and then pay off the $9.99 used price plus tax.

I already have a copy, but the one I bought from a local used shop has a nick in the disc and some surface scratches.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#37 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:30 PM

What's with all the Snuggie hate? It looks comfortable and enables me to game. It's hard to game under a blanket.

Obviously I wouldn't let anyone see me wear it...

Yes, because putting a robe on backward is so incredibly creative and worthy of being an entirely new product.

#38 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:21 PM

Yes, because putting a robe on backward is so incredibly creative and worthy of being an entirely new product.

That's exactly what my family said about the Snuggie.:lol:

Posted Image

#39 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:24 PM

Wish they'd have a b1g1 going on tomorrow, store next door has a civ rev, fear 2, farcry 2 and uncharted... would be an amazing foursome for $20.

#40 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

I may pick up Civ Rev again for $10, though it really wasn't my kind of game, but if they have a B1G1 around Black Friday or Thanksgiving like they told me they might then I could pair it up with a $10 Uncharted and hopefully get a copy of that game without a nick in the disc and surface scratches.

Posted Image

#41 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:52 PM

Tell that to the Snuggie company....I think they think it was worthy.

#42 J7.

J7.

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:03 AM

Why not just put on another shirt...

#43 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:07 AM

it's warmer than a robe...

#44 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:12 PM

No uncharted at either Blockbuster I dropped by. Nothing of interest if anything.

#45 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

Are we *really* debating snuggies here??

#46 progman3

progman3

Shisso Buraiken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:36 PM

Picked up PS3 : Assassin's Creed, Need for Speed : Carbon, & Alone in the Dark : Inferno for $9.99 each. All had full case, cover, & manual.
Posted Image

#47 nlyonssmith

nlyonssmith

Long time lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:47 PM

I don't own a robe and have no need for one.

Putting on another shirt would only keep my torso warm, not my arms and legs.

Hot damn! Uncharted for $10? Do Want.

#48 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:54 PM

Are we *really* debating snuggies here??

Apparently yes. I can say that I have yet to see snuggies in any of the blockbusters I've been to.

#49 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:55 AM

Snuggies is in my BB too..

#50 J7.

J7.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:57 AM

long sleeve & pants.

#51 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:50 AM

A B1G1 sale would be amazing now. I just noticed SW:FU and Too Human are $9.99,

Also, $5 copies of Halo 3 and the other prepacks would be sweet. Halo has been the only game of note I've found at 3 different stores around here.

edit: And Animal Crossing City Folk is at the magic $14.99 mark, if I'm not mistaken. I'd actually spend quite a bit of cash if they had a sale now.

#52 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:28 AM

My local BBV recently got a disc refurb machine with their snuggies, they charge 2.99 per disk.

#53 indelible

indelible

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:21 PM

are stores willing to sell any of their games? last time i was at a BB, they only had like 3 games on an end cap that actually had a price tag on them.

#54 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:38 PM

My local BBV recently got a disc refurb machine with their snuggies, they charge 2.99 per disk.

Hot damn! Really? I would love it if we could get one at my store. I could use it for free :).

#55 nlyonssmith

nlyonssmith

Long time lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

Apparently yes. I can say that I have yet to see snuggies in any of the blockbusters I've been to.

This morning I woke up. It was cold in my room. My feet, legs, arms, and hands were cold. I thought to myself, I wish I had a snuggie...

No Uncharted in DBar, CA. Guy said there was one in West Covina though. Too far, oh well.

#56 sprintfinanceguy

sprintfinanceguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:22 PM

It's a sad day when the BB thread (which used to be so mighty and income/game producing) is a snuggie blog....

On a positive note, I was cleaning out my closet and found an entire bag of the mario figures that BB was selling last year. I had forgot I bought them until I saw them again.
Check My Trade Lists!

Guides: http://www.cheapassg...t=175548&page=8

Games: (coming soon)

#57 io

io

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:23 PM

I'm tellin' ya, the best thing going at BBV right now is the 2 12-packs of Coke products for $7 deal. That is $3.50 a 12-pack which isn't all that great on it's surface. But BBV's POS being what it is, they do not have a way to charge for the 5 cent per can deposit. So here, at least, I save 60 cents on each 12-pack, making them the equivalent of $2.90 at a place like Safeway or Target. Now that just can't be beat, especially if you use cheap Rock Revolution credit to buy them ;).

#58 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:24 PM

Then I'd argue you also have no need for a Snuggie. My point wasn't about the merits of robes. It was that the Snuggie is a completely unoriginal product that already existed, but was just called something else. As I've told many people this would be like wearing your pants backward, Kriss Kross style, and calling them a new product. It's fucking stupid. Anybody who finds value in a Snuggie, I have some Pet Rocks and Solar-Powered Flashlights to sell you.

#59 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:52 AM

Anybody who finds value in a Snuggie, I have some Pet Rocks and Solar-Powered Flashlights to sell you.

Damn, Solar-Powered Flashlight? SOLD!

#60 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:12 AM

To ATTEMPT to get off the snuggie subject and back on topic, here's a juicy new TIV for you all:

:360: GI Joe -- $19
Available at (some) Target clearance for $12.48, or less after coupon. See the Target thread for details...