Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXII (B1G1 50% off on all used games!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4296 replies to this topic

#121 Readthepost

Readthepost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:07 PM

12/1/09
Posted ImageFar Cry 2 was $9.99 in the original case with artwork and the manual.
I bought 1 and there is 1 left at Flushing, NY on Northern and Bell Blvd.
They had some POGs, but they all suck, not even worth writing about.

#122 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:34 PM

Good news IO coke 12 packs are now 2 for $6 effective today (12/4). Unless ur store is on top of things they'll probably still have the 2 for $7 sign but it will ring up automatically so u don't have to worry about the incompetent employee not knowing about it or looking for a bar code to scan.

Still no signs of a b1g1 happening this year.

Damnation still holding at $17.

Might have to take advantage of the GS promo buy 6 get 40% off.

#123 PontiusPilate

PontiusPilate

Climbing People's Soapbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:39 PM

I could be wrong, but I see this as a very bad sign. My thought is that business is so bad that they can't afford to unload that inventory @ 50% off and they need every dollar they can. It makes no sense when everyone else is slashing their prices trying to make some money for the holiday season that BBV would sit on their hands in this area.

#124 2000man

2000man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

I stopped by a location in Baltimore. I picked up Wii Music and Boom Blox for 9.99 each. They had lots of Guitar Hero games for PS3, 360 and DS for 9.99. Other than that, I didn't see too much. I will hit another location on my way home.

#125 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:21 PM

Hmm...how far ahead does the current map show? I ask because last year the B1G1 started I think the week before Christmas, so it's possible they are going to do that again, unless you have the map for all of December and it doesn't show anything.

#126 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:07 AM

Hmm...how far ahead does the current map show? I ask because last year the B1G1 started I think the week before Christmas, so it's possible they are going to do that again, unless you have the map for all of December and it doesn't show anything.

current map only goes out 1 week so we can see whats happening next week but there is also a holiday guide that shows all the different promos by week. i.e. 3 for $20 prps, presales etc but there is no mention of a b1g1. that doesnt necessarily mean we wont have one but you figure it would show in the holiday guide since it lists the different changes and promos we have going on each week.

#127 io

io

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:52 AM

Good news IO coke 12 packs are now 2 for $6 effective today (12/4). Unless ur store is on top of things they'll probably still have the 2 for $7 sign but it will ring up automatically so u don't have to worry about the incompetent employee not knowing about it or looking for a bar code to scan.

They had the signs up but it was not automatic - it still required the coupon code scan to take $2 off instead of the $1 from before. But it is starting to be a pain - in order to get Diet Coke I have to move a stack of 5 or 6 regular/Coke Zero/Sprint boxes from on top of the Diet Coke they have way at the bottom. They are also starting to give me funny looks. Of course my paranoia leads me to believe they trade banned me for trading 2 copies of Damnation but just didn't want to tell me (since all I did was buy the Coke).

They also had a bunch of new electronics gadgets and books in that were not there on the weekend. They have DVD players and blu-ray players and some odd Scene-It or You're In The Movies type TV plug-in game.

It is really upsetting that no B1G1 is forthcoming as my store now has 3 copies of Mario Sluggers and 2 copies of Wii Music. I may get them both here soon but I was really hoping to get the pair for $10.

#128 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:42 PM

They had the signs up but it was not automatic - it still required the coupon code scan to take $2 off instead of the $1 from before. But it is starting to be a pain - in order to get Diet Coke I have to move a stack of 5 or 6 regular/Coke Zero/Sprint boxes from on top of the Diet Coke they have way at the bottom. They are also starting to give me funny looks. Of course my paranoia leads me to believe they trade banned me for trading 2 copies of Damnation but just didn't want to tell me (since all I did was buy the Coke).

They also had a bunch of new electronics gadgets and books in that were not there on the weekend. They have DVD players and blu-ray players and some odd Scene-It or You're In The Movies type TV plug-in game.

It is really upsetting that no B1G1 is forthcoming as my store now has 3 copies of Mario Sluggers and 2 copies of Wii Music. I may get them both here soon but I was really hoping to get the pair for $10.

Blockbuster's inventory is as poor as K-Mart. It just surprises me...I'd never go into a Blockbuster to buy a DVD player or Blu-Ray player...Especially at their prices.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#129 Anthony1

Anthony1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:27 AM

Does anybody have a list of the games that Blockbuster sells for $9.99? $9.99 or less is like my impulse buy amount. If it's over $9.99, I have to really think about if I'm going to play the game or not, or use it as trade bait or whatever. But if it's a decent game for $9.99 or less, very hard for me to pass up. These are some that I know are $9.99:

Wii

Da Blob - $9.99

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $9.99
Mass Effect - $9.99
Dead Space - $9.99

PS3

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $9.99
Far Cry 2 - $9.99

I tried to buy Far Cry 2 for the Xbox 360, but it was $14.99. That's still a pretty good price, but I'd rather wait for a B1G1 all games $14.99 and under deal to pop up. Has anybody been able to buy Far Cry 2 for the Xbox 360 for $9.99 ? The weird thing is, at a Blockbuster right by my house, they had Far Cry 2 for 360, and I took it up to the register to have the lady check the price. She said it was $9.99. So I said I'll take it. But when she was ringing me up, it was $14.99. I ended up passing on it, but it was weird how at first it rang up at $9.99.

The PS3 version seems to be $9.99.

Are there any other pretty good games for $9.99 or less?

#130 LordSMVS

LordSMVS

I-I-[SMVS]-I-I

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:42 AM

Does anybody have a list of the games that Blockbuster sells for $9.99? $9.99 or less is like my impulse buy amount. If it's over $9.99,

First Post. ***Show Spoilers***

#131 skater11392003

skater11392003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:22 AM

.....The weird thing is, at a Blockbuster right by my house, they had Far Cry 2 for 360, and I took it up to the register to have the lady check the price. She said it was $9.99. So I said I'll take it. But when she was ringing me up, it was $14.99. I ended up passing on it, but it was weird how at first it rang up at $9.99.

Are there any other pretty good games for $9.99 or less?

Yeah, I saw the star wars force unleashed disc only and it rang up 19.99. So are prices diferent dependending on location?

#132 io

io

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:06 AM

First Post. ***Show Spoilers***

That's a good starting point but way back when there was the rumor of a B1G1 for Thanksgiving I had asked people to post new updates so I could make changes there. I didn't get much response. Still, the list is a good place to start - at the very least, nothing should be more expensive than what's listed there. Many things may be cheaper though. The confusing part about updating is that a lot of people have been reporting POG prices and I don't want to taint the main list with those.

Yeah, I saw the star wars force unleashed disc only and it rang up 19.99. So are prices diferent dependending on location?

No, not really. But there are a lot of reasons why games appear to be different prices. For example, on Star Wars Force Unleashed are you sure they didn't scan the game code and quote you the new price? Some clerks won't know to scan the little BBV bar code strip for the used pricing - or maybe it was missing or perhaps this was just a misplaced rental case. There are lots of possible reasons.

But in general the pricing is the same at all corporate BBV locations. The key thing being corporate stores. If your store is a franchise location all pricing mentioned here is out the window.

Edited by io, 07 December 2009 - 08:32 PM.

#133 Anthony1

Anthony1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:00 AM

It seems like maybe a number of the ones listed as $14.99 are now ringing up as $9.99.

#134 J7.

J7.

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

Shaws has Coke/Diet Coke/Sprite 4 for $10 for 3 days. $2.50 each but you need to buy 4.

#135 Greg1003

Greg1003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:57 PM

I don't know if its been mentioned or not, but I just got back from BB and the guy there said the Beatles Rock Band set was $89.99. I was going to buy one, but I remembered the set had RB 1 items. I would rather have the RB 2 wireless drums.

#136 io

io

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:36 PM

Shaws has Coke/Diet Coke/Sprite 4 for $10 for 3 days. $2.50 each but you need to buy 4.

Wow, I've never heard of that place. Still, BBV is better (for me) at $3 per 12-pack and no 60 cent deposit (makes it the equivalent of $2.40 per 12-pack at a regular store).

I don't know if its been mentioned or not, but I just got back from BB and the guy there said the Beatles Rock Band set was $89.99. I was going to buy one, but I remembered the set had RB 1 items. I would rather have the RB 2 wireless drums.

BB as in Blockbuster? I didn't know any stores got the game (except for preorders) and especially the bundles as they came out after they stopped carrying new games. I assume you are talking about the "Value" bundle then. Yeah, that's not the greatest deal if so.

#137 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:44 PM

Some clerks won't know to scan the little BBV bar code strip for the used pricing - or maybe it was missing or perhaps this was just a misplaced rental case. There are lots of possible reasons.

Scanning either the upc or bbv sticker will bring up the same page, so the clerk either read it wrong(as io stated, new price stated maybe), it has an incorrect sticker on it, or pricing differences with franchise possibly. I don't have any experience with franchise stores. I've had a copy of the game on 360 on hold for over a month, it's been 9.99 the whole time. Extra 10% off starting...today I think, so I can finally buy it. Yay for employee appreciation, though I'd prefer not to be beaten with a stick over sales as my reward.

#138 Greg1003

Greg1003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:00 PM

BB as in Blockbuster? I didn't know any stores got the game (except for preorders) and especially the bundles as they came out after they stopped carrying new games. I assume you are talking about the "Value" bundle then. Yeah, that's not the greatest deal if so.

Sorry about the confusion. I just put BB because its in the Blockbuster thread, but yeah its blockbuster. Anyways it is the special value edition. The store just got 4 of them in today.

#139 io

io

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:05 PM

Interesting that they are getting in new game stock - especially bundles. This is not a GR store?

#140 Greg1003

Greg1003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:44 PM

Interesting that they are getting in new game stock - especially bundles. This is not a GR store?

How are you supposed to tell if it is a Gamerush store? There are 2 blockbusters in town, the other one mentions something about Gamerush on the outside, but they both look the same inside. I do know that it is a corporate store though.

#141 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:22 PM

Bbv is having a friends and family weekend dec 11-14. POG's will be 30% off. This is supposed to be word of mouth only and ur supposed to have a flier that you received from a friend or family to take advantage of this deal. U could probably get away with saying u lost the flier but this will be a ymmv. Game accessories will be 20% and new games 10%. There will also be 5 for $20 prp's for any movies $9.99 and under. I'm putting together a list of $9.99 and $14.99 pog's. It should be up soon. Remember u received this from a "friend" and you didn't see this posted anywhere.

Posted Image

$9.99
All star cheer squad
coraline
de blob
bolt
guiness book of world record
iron man
mushroom men
onechanbara
soul calibur legends
spongebob sqarepants featuring nickelodeon
wall e
we ski
we ski & snowboard

$14.99

ben 10 alien force
bomberman land
crash mind over mutant
mario power tennis

Posted Image

$6.99

club
lost: via domus
top spin 3

$9.99

afro samurai
bolt
farcry 2
mlb 08: the show
nba 09
ncaa football 09
soldier of fortune
sonic unleashed
star wars the force unleashed
terminator salvation

$14.99

saints row 2
soul calibur IV
wwe smackdown 2009

Posted Image

$6.99

timeshift
tigerwoods 07
universe at war
viva pinata

$9.99

backsite area 51
bully
bolt
fracture
fuzion frenzy
hot wheels beat that
mercenaries 2
pure
starwars the force unleashed
terminator salvation
tomb raider underworld
viking
wall e

$14.99

destroy all humans
eat lead
far cry 2
onechanbara
shaun white snowboarding
tiger woods 09
wwe smackdown 09

these are just the titles we have in our store so there are lots more out there.

Edited by hawaiiboy, 08 December 2009 - 11:58 PM.

#142 io

io

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:37 PM

How are you supposed to tell if it is a Gamerush store? There are 2 blockbusters in town, [highlight]the other one mentions something about Gamerush on the outside[/highlight], but they both look the same inside. I do know that it is a corporate store though.

Well, yeah, that's a good indication ;). But, basically, if they have more than a handful of new games for sale they are probably a GR since most regular stores got rid of all their new game stock last spring. And all GR stores are corporate.

Bbv is having a friends and family weekend dec 11-14. POG's will be 30% off. This is supposed to be word of mouth only and ur supposed to have a flier that you received from a friend or family to take advantage of this deal. U could probably get away with saying u lost the flier but this will be a ymmv. Game accessories will be 20% and new games 10%. There will also be 5 for $20 prp's for any movies $9.99 and under. I'm putting together a list of $9.99 and $14.99 pog's. It should be up soon. Remember u received this from a "friend" and you didn't see this posted anywhere.

Wait, does this mean they will be sending out POGs to all stores then? Or is this just for the dregs of these last phantom shipments? I have yet to see any in my area from the last batch. And I never heard of $14.99 POGs. I'm not sure there are many titles I'd get at that price unless they were brand new releases, which are unlikely to have made it to POG status yet.

#143 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:23 PM

^^ Do you mean 30% off ALL used (Previously Owned) games, not just the generic POGs?

#144 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:43 PM

^^ Do you mean 30% off ALL used (Previously Owned) games, not just the generic POGs?

Oh that would be interesting...I assume hawaiiboy meant POGs as in the clear case games, but I'd definitely pick some things up if all used titles were 30% off.

#145 io

io

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:06 PM

Oh that would be interesting...I assume hawaiiboy meant POGs as in the clear case games, but I'd definitely pick some things up if all used titles were 30% off.

D'oh! I assumed the same thing since POG to most of us BBV thread people means the clear-case disc-only stuff. If it is all used games, there is a Mario Sluggers and Wii Music with my name on them ;).

#146 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:31 PM

no, POG is any used game. pre-pack is the generic clear case games. so the sale is 30% off all POG games or pre-packs. so to sum it up ALL used games will be 30%.

#147 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:32 PM

Thanks for the tip. It's no B1G1, but it'll get me to pick up a couple of things.

#148 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:03 AM

Thanks hawaiiboy!

#149 io

io

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:08 AM

But, as hawaiiboy said, this is a friends and family thing so not really open to most customers, right? I assume it requires a coupon/bar code or are they just gonna ring up 30% off?

And we've taken to calling the prepacks POGs around here - that's just the way it is ;).

#150 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:10 AM

hawaiiboy:
Any chances of scanning that flier?

thanks