Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXII (B1G1 50% off on all used games!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4296 replies to this topic

#2071 ShadowJT

ShadowJT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:49 AM

Picked up PS3 QoS and Tiger Woods 2009 tonight for the BOGO sale. Not much of a selection unless you have a 360, which I rarely play anymore. Scouring the area tomorrow for more deals. My closest Blockbuster had a huge sign up inside.

Yea, I went to 3 blockbusters and pick up only Dirt & Virtual Fighter 5 for Ps3. There were still whole bunch of 360 games..... I wish I had 360... T_T
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2072 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:01 AM

Damn

I grabbed 4 9.99 and 2 14.99 at my store.
360: Gears of War, Red Faction Guerrilla
ps3: Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Folklore
psp: Crisis core, dissidia

My manager got confused pricing them, so he mixed up crisis core's 9.99 and dissidia's 14.99. RFG was my other 14.99, so that ended up getting paired with just a 9.99(CC) and we can't credit employee accounts so I lost 4 dollars. NOOOO, still only cost 33 for all 6 but the cheapass in me regrets paying more than I should have.

I wondered why dissidia was already 9.99 while CC was still 14, guess I should have checked their prices. Infact, I almost always do, even for just any customer to make sure there won't be any surprises. Stupid stupid stupid...

#2073 Caddywompus21

Caddywompus21

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:05 AM

I should have gotten to my BBV sooner, but the selection wasn't terrible. Just way too many $19.99 games just out of reach of the deal.

I got..

Boom Blox BP $14.99
Dark Void (PS3) Free

Dark Void was miss marked at $9.99 so I got an even better deal than I though I was getting when I headed for the register.

They had a bunch of Dirt 2 games but they all rang up $29.99. That made me a sad panda.

#2074 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:09 AM

They had a bunch of Dirt 2 games but they all rang up $29.99. That made me a sad panda.

+1 to you good sir!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#2075 LakersForLife82481

LakersForLife82481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:15 AM

I should have gotten to my BBV sooner, but the selection wasn't terrible. Just way too many $19.99 games just out of reach of the deal.

I got..

Boom Blox BP $14.99
Dark Void (PS3) Free

Dark Void was miss marked at $9.99 so I got an even better deal than I though I was getting when I headed for the register.

Hey dude, if they had a wii one thats 14.99, go to the cashier and show them it. They MIGHT override it for you. I went in earlier today and asked the lady @ the cashier, and she scanned the wii one and said "Price is 14.99, the xbox 360 one is mismarked" LOL. I couldnt get it(i didnt have money on me, but will go back tomorrow and grab their goodies).

#2076 Corndog_McGee

Corndog_McGee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:31 AM

Seattle, WA - went to 3 stores on the Eastside that were very much picked over, less than 20 PS3 games total at all 3. Picked up Pure and Eat Lead for $10 just to come home with something.

#2077 the_legend_of_drtre

the_legend_of_drtre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:32 AM

I scored

No more heroes
Animal cross city folks.

I don't think I want them anymore, since I cant find the trade list for these BBV games, I'll do it right here I guess. I'll let them go for $19 shipped. Either that or I'll return it. Don't know why I bought these games..

you can't return them...

#2078 Finishoff

Finishoff

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:35 AM

Doesn't matter. Pick it up anyway. It trades in for more than it costs at BBV right now. That's not even considering B1G1. Get a second game to trade in with it and you'll trigger the extra 10% for two promotion, bumping it up even more. Zero risk to you.

Preorder a game, then cancel it and your trade in values will bump up ;)

#2079 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:45 AM

So Broke from Pax East.. Oh well, I got a few little games. Don't really need anything much right now anyway.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#2080 2crappy

2crappy

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:45 AM

Got transformers 2 for 15 and far cry 2 (both x360) free
Then a buddy and I went to another BBV and split one: He got tomb raider (ps3) and picked up ghost buster for 10 total. (Can't beat 5 dollar games). I've made out better than the game fly sale. My backlog is so deep. Wife hasn't noticed the growing game collection.
Posted Image

#2081 denshaotoko

denshaotoko

WoW Free Since 05/09

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:50 AM

i had a great haul from this sale, got like 15 games, the highlighs of which were valkyria chronicles, beautiful katamari and civ rev, thanks CAG
"You have to look at the American consumer, as a whole; like a child, it's all about instant gratification. And like children, we don't know what we want until someone tells us that we want it." ~Activision/Blizzard

#2082 NipPicker

NipPicker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:51 AM

went to 3 bbv there wasnt anything that catch my eye

#2083 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:57 AM

Stopped in my local BBV today. Saw Zelda:Hourglass ($15), SF4 ($15), Kane and Lynch ($5), and some odd DS game for ($10). Took them all up to the counter, the guy told me I'd get the two cheapest games free.

I was like...Um...Do them separately then. He told me that he couldn't, and that I'd have to come back in tomorrow to buy them then and that he'd hold them for me.

What...The...Fuck is wrong with Blockbuster?

I just bought the two 15s and left, Fuck that shit-hole (I'm glad I screwed them out of so many games last year(and a couple Visa gift cards))

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#2084 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:01 AM

Nothing's wrong with blockbuster, that guy is either a moron or a douche.

#2085 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:03 AM

Nothing's wrong with blockbuster, that guy is either a moron or a douche.

I'd say both but that's just my two cents.

#2086 soonerdoc

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:06 AM

Today...was a GOOD day.

Went to 2 different BBV and picked up Rock Band 2 for (PS3) and Mario Super Sluggers (Wii) at each for 14.99 for a total of $30 + tax.

Traded in each of the Mario Sluggers at Gamestop for the $25 deal. Employee let me get Bayonetta (360) and Assassin's Creed 2 (360) from the gamedays sale. He had a flyer for the promotion in store. He manually bumped the tradein price of each to $25.00 and with edge it jumped to $27.50 each. Walked away with Bayonetta for 12.50 and Assassins Creed 2 for 2.50 + tax.

Then went home and signed into Amazon to trade in the two Rock Band 2s for 18.75 credit each.

So in total wound up with:

Bayonetta (360)
Assassin's Creed 2 (360)
$37.50 of Amazon credit

for a total of $45 + tax cash out of pocket !!

#2087 ryanhaggan

ryanhaggan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:08 AM

So Broke from Pax East.. Oh well, I got a few little games. Don't really need anything much right now anyway.

I wish I was you... all I've been doing is scoring some great cheap games. When I get home and I empty my bag of games on the floor, I look at them and wonder... why!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2088 Caddywompus21

Caddywompus21

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:18 AM

Hey dude, if they had a wii one thats 14.99, go to the cashier and show them it. They MIGHT override it for you. I went in earlier today and asked the lady @ the cashier, and she scanned the wii one and said "Price is 14.99, the xbox 360 one is mismarked" LOL. I couldnt get it(i didnt have money on me, but will go back tomorrow and grab their goodies).

I mentioned that to the employee but I think he misunderstood me. The Dirt 2 games were actually mismarked as well @ $34.99. I noticed alot of the same games with different prices.

So I when I took a Xbox 360 version of Dark Void marked at $24.99 I assumed it just hadn't been marked down. They were kind enough to give me the PS3 DV for $9.99 so I wasn't going to push my luck.

#2089 josh62488

josh62488

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:18 AM

i think we are all feeling the burn after EA spoon fed us...oh well ima head out agian tomorrow...find some more mario games and flip them
;)

question anybody play eat lead:return of matt hazard on ps3?
I bought it along with lair
ended up exchanging Eat Lead b4 I played it for mario and sonic for a GS flipp

I was wondering if im missing out on something?

got lair...actually liek it even though it got a 5.0/10 on gamespot...
can't trust um always

Edited by josh62488, 09 April 2010 - 04:30 AM.

#2090 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:56 AM

I went to the Mira Mesa store today and it was..buy 2 get 2 free 14.99 or under. Only game I saw that was worth it was Revenge of the Fallen (PS3) but since I had to buy two games it wasn't worth it. Their higher priced used games weren't too bad though. Saw Avatar for 20 bucks, although it's 20 new at Target right now and a complete Spirit Tracks for 20 bucks as well.

Well I'm off Saturday so I'll try some other BBVs for better deals.

#2091 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:58 AM

Has anyone checked the BBV TIV for LittleBigPlanet GOTY?

It might be a decent flip from GS->BBV with the $25 deal.

#2092 Gbear09

Gbear09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:05 AM

Hmmm which would be better, trade in rock band 2 for 19.75 at amazon or 20 at Best buy?
Currently Playing:

:360: Lost Odyssey, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection
:ps3: Critter Crunch

#2093 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:08 AM

Hmmm which would be better, trade in rock band 2 for 19.75 at amazon or 20 at Best buy?

Is this a joke? Best Buy doesn't even try.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2094 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:33 AM

I've never traded at best buy. Can you trade games in-store? How does it work?

#2095 kobeisgod

kobeisgod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:40 AM

Found batman arkham asylum for ps3 at my BBV for $30 but couldn't find another game so walked out with nothing.

#2096 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:39 AM

Does Rogue Warrior 360 still trade in for $22 at BBV? I'm going to try to buy 1 tomorrow and trade it in. I'll update immediately on my iphone if it drops.

#2097 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:40 AM

Found batman arkham asylum for ps3 at my BBV for $30 but couldn't find another game so walked out with nothing.

I'd say "read the title of the thread again" but I'd probably be wasting my time.

#2098 kobeisgod

kobeisgod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:45 AM

I'd say "read the title of the thread again" but I'd probably be wasting my time.

That's weird, there was a bin that said buy 1 get 1 free I guess there was fine print that it's not all games in the bin or someone put the game in the bin by mistake. I guess my reading comprehension is really bad: misread this title and probably misread the sign at BBV :)

#2099 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:48 AM

Oops...forgot to post what I found earlier. Good thing I did search again but then again also not good. Either way I think I'm good and done with the BBV game hunting for the time being. Here's what I found earlier:

Mirror's Edge (PS3) Complete
No More Heroes (Wii) missing manual
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) complete
Beautiful Katamari (360) missing manual

#2100 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:12 AM

So, I had some fun. Hit a few stores, and added the following to my collection:

360:
Afro Samurai
Bionic Commando
Blue Dragon
Brutal Legend
Gears of War 2
Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad
Overlord II
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
Terminator Salvation
Vampire Rain
Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise
Watchmen: The End is Night Parts I & II

NDS:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Overlord Minions
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time

PS3:
Ratchet & Clank: Future

PSP:
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Loco Roco 2
Secret Agent Clank
Star Ocean: Second Story'

Wii:
Mushroom Men
New Play Control! Pikmin
Overlord Minions

Overall, I spent about $450, and I ended up with those 25 games, a couple other extras I put aside for friends, and about $300 in GS credit and $350 in Amazon credit. I found some nice DS games to flip to Amazon (anything Disney, really, is a $5-->$9-10 flip, but I'll follow along with the "do your own damn research" that's the new attitude of this thread) so most of the actual flipped games were either garbage or POGs (or Kingdom Hearts! $21 at GS with bonuses), but $3.50->$10 flips are delicious.

Meet my gaming/blu ray budget for the summer. =)

EDIT: One thing I learned from this sale -- Amazon now limits you to trading in 3 copies of a game per several-month timespan. So, no more ten copies of KotoR at a time, as fun as that was!
Posted ImagePosted Image