Photo
- - - - -

The OFFICIAL Target Clearance Thread XVIII..NOW UNWIKIFIED!!! POST NEW FINDS IN RED!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10073 replies to this topic

#1021 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:48 PM

Memphis is soo slow in updating prices. I spotted a reach legendary, that had been opened. Guess to steal the helmet code. Whoever put the rubber band lock left it loose.

In order to steal the helmet code, you'd have to reach into the box, get into the black outer case, then open up the game case. if you have the balls and digital dexterity to do that, might as well just walk out with the whole thing like you own it.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1022 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

Fan of Japanese Import Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:38 PM

Went back to pick up Uncharted 2, did see Lost Planet 2 but not for $9 but still $19.98. Ended up picking NHL 10 but now I wonder if I should have picked up the GTA: Episodes from Liberty City for $19.98 for XB360.

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

CHECK IT OUT -> J!-ENT 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ISSUE (2013) (58MB/PDF)

#1023 kodave

kodave

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:10 PM

I think this is great news: I just came back from 2 different Targets. Both were still overflowing with clearance games like they were at the beginning of the week. Looks like Black Friday didn't wipe out anything in my area. It also helped that games like RE: DC and most others were $20+. If they were $15 or even less, maybe they'd be taken.

Here's hoping for a markdown by Monday morning, and that I can get the games before El Hoardo does.

#1024 iScar

iScar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:20 PM

I was amazed to see the clearance endcap was still full of games this afternoon... I figured it would all be snapped up today as it was last year.

#1025 alexkidd4

alexkidd4

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

I went to 2 Targets today. Both of them full of the same crap from last week and not a single price drop.

#1026 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:33 PM

Did find an Endless Ocean Blue today for 7.48 around 5pm(only copy I saw) at the Addison store(chicago). Glad this store wasn't picked clean either of clearence. Found 2 huge endcaps of the doorbuster hard drives for $69 each, like 100 of them. Unfortunately all the rest of the Wii games are still $20 and up(well, the non-shovelware ones anyway). A few decent :360: and :ps3: titles but still not as low as reported either.

#1027 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:38 PM

Grabbed "Sin and Punishment" for $12 and "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles" for $9ish.

Surprised at the number of clearance games still there late this afternoon. I can only assume people are only buying what is being advertised as specials or as brands they see in ads. Lots of Glory of Heracles DS, Band Hero, still some Resident Evil Wii and PS3.

Grabbed Lego Harry Potter and Dragon Quest IX at their sales prices. Missed out on Prince of Persia Wii.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#1028 BriGuy27

BriGuy27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:02 AM

sin and punishment was $24 so I didn't get it. Might have to go back monday and check it out.

#1029 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:04 AM

Yeah, S&P was $24 last week for me when it was already $12 for others posting here. I really didn;t expect to find it.

--

DonsSword.png

#1030 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:10 AM

Came back from a local Target but ended up with nothing. I did see one Fallout 3 GOTY (Xbox 360) for $34.xx tho.

154512.png

:360: Nothing at the moment

:pc: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

:ps3: Nothing at the moment

:ps4: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor / NBA 2k15 / Alien: Isolation

jionekanji.png

#1031 Ultragamer

Ultragamer

Or so they say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:23 AM

Checked today before going to work. A lot of stuff is missing but the clearance section is still nice. Got someone a PSP GO for christmas so I picked a couple accessories on clearance for them.

PSP Go Screen Protector $2.48 [207 00 0302]
PSP Go Carry Case $3.74 [207 00 0308]
PSP Go Dock $7.48 [207 00 0299]

#1032 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:26 AM

In order to steal the helmet code, you'd have to reach into the box, get into the black outer case, then open up the game case. if you have the balls and digital dexterity to do that, might as well just walk out with the whole thing like you own it.

Dude it is freaking Memphis we are talking about :lol:

Trust me they go beyond the ordinary to get what they want for free, so I would be surprised if they brought a box cutter and a tazer with them.

#1033 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

Fan of Japanese Import Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:30 AM

I was amazed to see the clearance endcap was still full of games this afternoon... I figured it would all be snapped up today as it was last year.

Same here..... my clearance endcap was full. I think possibly parents or people searching for games are equating that clearance games are the sucky games.

But hey...at least it worked to our benefit! :)

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

CHECK IT OUT -> J!-ENT 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ISSUE (2013) (58MB/PDF)

#1034 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:37 AM

Good news here as well. I checked 3 Targets on my way home from work and was very surprised to see all clearance looked untouched. This Monday is looking promising with no drops anywhere around here last Monday.

#1035 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:39 AM

i stopped by target at around 8 pm to check it out.

shit was in complete disarray but i noticed a few games remaining from last week. thankfully the high prices kept all the bf people away and they will drop further next week.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1036 aleraiders

aleraiders

2 PS4's in 2 HRS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:08 AM

i stopped by target at around 8 pm to check it out.

shit was in complete disarray but i noticed a few games remaining from last week. thankfully the high prices kept all the bf people away and they will drop further next week.

i stopped by walmart and target thinking everything "died" down....not even a chance.....i stopped by to see if there was anything worthwhile.....i can only imagine if at 7pm the crowds where still there...what it was like earlier.....

Don't you just love it when stupid people think you're stupid.....

#1037 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:15 AM

Memphis is soo slow in updating prices. I spotted a reach legendary, that had been opened. Guess to steal the helmet code. Whoever put the rubber band lock left it loose.

Which location? I plan on hitting up the one near Poplar and Perkins tomorrow to check for any drops and will report back.

#1038 lockelinus815

lockelinus815

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:00 AM

Which location? I plan on hitting up the one near Poplar and Perkins tomorrow to check for any drops and will report back.

Two weeks ago, there were two legendary edition at ~$75 at that Target. I presume it would be gone by today considering it was black friday. Best time to check for new clearance in Memphis is on mondays at least for me.

#1039 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:05 AM

Two weeks ago, there were two legendary edition at ~$75 at that Target. I presume it would be gone by today considering it was black friday. Best time to check for new clearance in Memphis is on mondays at least for me.

Yeah I'd check on Monday instead, but I'm headed back home to Austin, TX and our severely weak Target clearance endcaps on Sunday (am up here with my girl's family for Thanksgiving). Does any one location here generally have lower prices sooner than the rest?

#1040 n0vak99

n0vak99

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:13 PM

Anyone have the asin on the wii systems on clearance?

#1041 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:28 PM

I'll be heading by Target soon today. Didn't go yesterday because the WalMart closest to me (we have two right near me) was so empty they had nearly everything still in stock (even most of the TVs...only a few were sold out).

Target's heavily advertising it as a "two day" sale so we'll see what's up today... I still want PGR4 but hesitant at the $9 mark since it's about $9 shipped on Amazon.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#1042 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:59 PM

Didn't go yesterday because the WalMart closest to me (we have two right near me) was so empty they had nearly everything still in stock (even most of the TVs...only a few were sold out).

Can you please clarify what this means? I'm not trying to be a jerk but I don't understand what you're saying. Something was so sold out they have everything still in stock? Are you being sarcastic or did you type one part of that sentence incorrectly (and if so, which part)?

#1043 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:04 PM

empty (of people)

#1044 kiribee

kiribee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:36 PM

Checked my local Target and looks like everyone bought up all the RE5 gold copys for $~20 along with everything else..about 2 clearance games now lol.

#1045 HunteR7411

HunteR7411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

I went to my target yesterday and it had a decent amount of games left! How often does target do price drops on the clearance items?

#1046 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:26 PM

I went to my target yesterday and it had a decent amount of games left! How often does target do price drops on the clearance items?

Once per week, every 1 to 2 weeks. Please read the first post in this thread, as all the details are posted there.

--

DonsSword.png

#1047 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

Plenty of clearance at two of three Targets I checked during BF. It was just out of the way enough at each one that they were mostly ignored. Snagged the last copy of Just Cause 2 (PC) for $10. The third Traget removed all its clearance games from the sales floor. The employee mentioned that when I asked him where it was. My guess? To prevent theft. Last BF at that store, I found 4 or 5 copies of clearance games with empty cases when people did the slice and swipe, since the store was in such chaos from the flood of people and employees were too distracted trying to deal with the locusts to watch for shoplifters. It's sad if it comes to moving those goods off the floor just to prevent a few ne'er-do-wells from being douches.

#1048 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

Can you please clarify what this means? I'm not trying to be a jerk but I don't understand what you're saying. Something was so sold out they have everything still in stock? Are you being sarcastic or did you type one part of that sentence incorrectly (and if so, which part)?

PapaSmerf had it right...

The STORE hardly had any shoppers, the parking lot was only about a quarter full (it's fuller then that on almost any average day) at around 8:30 am...and again around 3pm. They still had most of their BF promos in stock...only a few things were sold out.

ANYWAY, went by my Target and they still had a lot of stuff too. Obviously the big ticket items were gone but they had two FFXIII's left so I picked one up (rented it a while back, wouldn't pay full price but for $17 I think it's worth it for sure). I had PGR4 in my cart...again...as I have many times already but I still just can't make the purchase at that price so hopefully it drops this week.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#1049 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

Going to avoid Target for a few days before I go to see what's left on clearance. Will more then likely just go about usual day to see if price drops but, I don't recall there being anything note worthy.

#1050 Ryuu555

Ryuu555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:22 PM

Hooray, found a RE Darkside for $9 and my brother got a $12 S&P2. I was surprised there was anything left...
Posted Image