Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

• Please log in to reply
8178 replies to this topic

#7381 haywire69

haywire69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

HB,we need you,

#7382 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:37 AM

I remember when this thread used to be fun, festive and full of new exciting info comming in all the time :(
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#7383 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

I'm still here I just never check this thread unless there is something new to report.
Price drops effective mon 4/30

Uncharted 3 $29.99
Need for speed the run both :360: :ps3: $19.99

Also most stores should've gotten a pretty big shipment of refurbished games. We got about 50-75 :ps3: and :360: games.

#7384 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

I found out the last close blockbuster I had closed. Now the nearest one is 35 miles away.

#7385 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for the update HB, always appreciated.

#7386 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

I'm still here I just never check this thread unless there is something new to report.
Price drops effective mon 4/30

Uncharted 3 $29.99
Need for speed the run both :360: :ps3: $19.99

Also most stores should've gotten a pretty big shipment of refurbished games. We got about 50-75 :ps3: and :360: games.

Are these the clear case games that they price low? I can't even remember what those things were called at this point

#7387 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

Are these the clear case games that they price low? I can't even remember what those things were called at this point

No they're not the prepacks that we used to get in. They just resurfaced them (not very well) and sent them to stores with the regular cover art.

Just found out today my store is closing. It was fun while it lasted.

#7388 trailmix10

trailmix10

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

No they're not the prepacks that we used to get in. They just resurfaced them (not very well) and sent them to stores with the regular cover art.

Im sorry to hear that :-(
You were a great contribution to this thread and kept all of cag's informed on all that blockbuster had in sales whether it be games or blu rays. I hope that you are sent to another store or be able to get another job. I am sure you will be able to land a job with better pay :) keep your head up sir!!
THINK POSITIVE

#7389 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Very sorry to hear it, HB. Thanks for all your contributions here. Best of luck to you, I hope the grass is indeed greener on the other side for you!

#7390 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

Oh man, sorry to hear that.

#7391 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

I don't post in here because I don't have a BB anywhere near me, but I just wanted to pop in and say thanks to HB for all his contributions and good luck in the future.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7392 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

Sorry to hear that. Thank u for all if help. Good luck.

#7393 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

It's easy to forget while posting and interacting on the internet that there are real people behind the words we're reading, but every so often we're reminded of that fact. Thank you for all your hard work Hawaiiboy. I hope you find new employment soon. If that means we'll see a "Gamestop" thread pop up, as long as you're authoring it, I'll be sure to check it out from time to time.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#7394 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

Really sorry to hear that... Thank you for all you've done for us. You should be considered a legend on this site.

#7395 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

Sorry to hear it. You've contributed a lot to CAG and I've gotten some good deals because of your posting. It's been appreciated.
Hope you bounce back quick.

#7396 smashngrab77

smashngrab77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

I am very sorry to hear this. I wish you luck in finding a much better and higher paying job.
NEW LOWBALL AUCTION LIVE 1/9/13 THROUGH 1/13/13 OVER 150 ITEMS TAKE A LOOK!!!http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=316289

#7397 BattlehunterAlex

BattlehunterAlex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

Thanks for all the work over the years Hawaii Boy. May whatever you decide to do next be prosperous.

#7398 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

Damn, best of luck man. Thanks for all the helpful info over the years!
Posted Image

#7399 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

oh man. you are the reason i ever went to blockbuster. thanks for everything man.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#7400 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

oh man. you are the reason i ever went to blockbuster. thanks for everything man.

^^^^^ this...

Thank you HB for all the free time you spent so I could be lazy and still get the awesome deals!

#7401 muzras

muzras

I Can HAZ Club NintendoZ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

Thanks hawaiiboy, for all your hard workz. :) :bow: :applause:

Hope ya get a new job soon! dont be a strangerz ;)
[cp][/cp]
PLZ TO B 2 Donate-s0rz... Thankz-s0rz ^_^ :D
CAGz are teh bestz. :grouphug:

#7402 Readthepost

Readthepost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

Thanks for all your help hawaiiboy.

#7403 Whambamm

Whambamm

Thank you ma'am

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

Seriously, thanks for everything you've done hawaiiboy. I scored some great deals due to you letting me know ahead of time when a sale would start. Your updates will be missed.
Posted Image Posted Image

Winner of the 2004 and 2006 CAG NFL Suicide Pool.
My Tradelist

Posted Image

#7404 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

Props to you HB for all your hard work here.

#7405 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

Sorry to hear it. Loved popping into this thread.

On another note. I stopped by a BB to check out if they got refurbished games in and they did. Lots of them but they were just multiples of the stuff every BB has. When I left though I bought two sodas and the employee would not stop bitching about BB not getting the paychecks to them today. Not sure if this is a sign of things to come for the company.

#7406 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

Just want to reiterate what everyone else is saying, HB. Thanks a million for contributing to this thread and to CAG. Mahalo plenty.
Hope a better job is headed your way.

#7407 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

Sorry to hear that HB. Ive picked up tons of games on the cheap because of you and way more than any other place.

And really, you were the first person I saw on this site that would give insider information cause you worked there.

#7408 grecianfox

grecianfox

Ambulance Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

Really hate to hear that, hawaii. I echo the sentiments expressed by some of the others. Your info has been really helpful throughout the years.

#7409 Tyga24

Tyga24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

Sorry to hear your store is closing HB. Can't thank you enough for all the great game and movie deals I was able to score thanks to your diligence and willingness to provide info. Best wishes in your future endeavors.

#7410 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

For some reason I'm curious...what's the new job?

It's a research and data entry job for a real estate company. Basically a desk job but with better conditions and pay.

Sorry to hear that, man. Thank you for all your contributions, you're definitely one of this community's best. Good luck to you in all your future endeavors!

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.