Photo
- - - - -

The OFFICIAL Target Clearance Thread XIX (NINETEEN!) WIKIFIED!!!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4741 replies to this topic

#871 dashrendar

dashrendar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:33 AM

If it bothers you, feel free to go to Best Buy and pay $20.

It doesn't, I just laughed to myself when I saw it. You don't have to be rude about it.

Currently Playing:
:360: Dishonored

RelievedSquid.jpg

#872 sdragon

sdragon

CAG's Top Dragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

I saw the $19 sign for the PSN cards, but got charged $20. Didn't notice it till I was in the parking lot, and by that time it wasn't a big enough deal to go back.

#873 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

I haven't seen much good lately, but Disney's Bolt is regular price down to $10. It's a good, simple game for the kids (or cheap/easy achievements, ha!).

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

~<{   Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition  }>~

#874 dashrendar

dashrendar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:43 AM

I saw the $19 sign for the PSN cards, but got charged $20. Didn't notice it till I was in the parking lot, and by that time it wasn't a big enough deal to go back.

Ouch, that's even worse that they'd advertise it but not bother to change it in the system.

Currently Playing:
:360: Dishonored

RelievedSquid.jpg

#875 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

I'm really surprised that nobody has posted anything today. I went in today and it was a clearance restock miracle. Tons of stuff went on clearance, most at 30% some straight to 50% and others even higher. Crazy thing was most stuff was newer titles. Here's what I remember of note, but there were many others.

PS3

God of War Collection $15ish
Tekken Hybrid $20ish
LA Noire $6ish
LA Noire Complete $35ish
Duke Nukem Forever $15ish
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim $40ish
Red Dead Redemption GOTY $35ish

Halo Reach LE $25ish
Halo CE Anniversary $28ish
Singularity $15ish
Fear 3 $20ish

Wii

Fortune Street $35ish

Like I said many others too but it was crazy how many games were on clearance especially stuff that came out in Nov/Dec looking forward to more drops hopefully by next week. I own almost all this stuff and Best Buy has done way better, but if anything else gets to that LA Noire 85% level it'll be a great deal.

Happy Hunting

Edit: Just remembered the PS Move starter bundle with wand, camera, sports champion and medieval moves was $50

#876 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

PS3

God of War Collection $15ish
Tekken Hybrid $20ish
LA Noire $6ish
LA Noire Complete $35ish
Duke Nukem Forever $15ish

Halo Reach LE $25ish
Singularity $15ish
Fear 3 $20ish

Wii

Fortune Street $35ish

Edit: Just remembered the PS Move starter bundle with wand, camera, sports champion and medieval moves was $50

Skyrim and probably even Halo CE would have to be a mistake there's no way that should be on clearance. Kinda like the whole Dragon Age GOTY version that hit clearance immediately.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#877 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

Skyrim and probably even Halo CE would have to be a mistake there's no way that should be on clearance. Kinda like the whole Dragon Age GOTY version that hit clearance immediately.

They were marked correctly as I thought the same thing, but their barcodes indeed showed the correct game at the clearance price when I tried them at the self scanners.

#878 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:03 PM

They were marked correctly as I thought the same thing, but their barcodes indeed showed the correct game at the clearance price when I tried them at the self scanners.

I just meant a mistake that they were put on clearance in the first place...not mistakenly priced. Hard to explain unless you experienced the Dragon Age debacle.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#879 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

Clearance section had one USB cable ...that's it!!! No Wii games, no tshirts, nothing! One item?!

#880 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

Clearance section had one USB cable ...that's it!!! No Wii games, no tshirts, nothing! One item?!

None of the stuff I found was actually in the typical clearance section, that was pretty bare, all the games were in the plastic prisons.

#881 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

My clearence at my target is gone they put DVD players there. With the Christmas rush everything is gone.

#882 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

Ugh. That sucks. Been looking for a deal on this bundle.

#883 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

All clearance games is GONE. Almost Everything is SOLD OUT at my local tagret stores! I don't think i will see any clearance games after 2nd weeks of next year!
"Evil is Funs"

#884 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:05 PM

It seems like Target took down the video games clearance to make room for bigger and better selling electronics items over the Christmas rush. Makes sense. No need to freak out. Video game clearance will be back in no time. This always happens every year and CAGs always freak out.

#885 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:30 AM

No electronics to be found at my local Target, its been filled with various Christmas items. Did pick up some random candy and Christmas related goods like giftwrap though

Nothing to see here, move along!

#886 blankempathy

blankempathy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:37 AM

Same here. Clearance section was gone. I did find a big plastic storage bin full of games and dvds but I was too lazy to look through them.

#887 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:53 AM

Clearance has been all but nonexistent at my nearby Targets in recent weeks. I've had some decent luck in the last month though; I got...

L.A. Noire vanilla (360)
de blob 2 (360)
Monster Hunter Tri without controller
UMD Patapon 2
MX vs ATV Alive (360)
Child of Eden (360)
Arcania: Gothic 4
Godfather jewelcase
Battlefield Vietnam jewelcase
Invizimals: Shadow Zone

at about the lowest prices you'll find them. Good times.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#888 jimijumper

jimijumper

PBR vs AVP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

Just opened the UC3 Collector's edition I picked up for $49.98...real nice stuff however THERE WAS NO DISC in the steelbook! WTF! Everything was all sealed up, the steelbook was sealed and the stickers to seal the outisde box were not broken...now what the Fuck do I do??????

#889 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

Just opened the UC3 Collector's edition I picked up for $49.98...real nice stuff however THERE WAS NO DISC in the steelbook! WTF! Everything was all sealed up, the steelbook was sealed and the stickers to seal the outisde box were not broken...now what the Fuck do I do??????

Same thing happened to me with the Deus Ex Augmented Edition for the :360: . The game disc was not included. Luckily, I purchased it from Amazon. I did not have any problems getting a new copy.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#890 DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

Take it back and tell them what happened. You'll at least get your money back, but I doubt they will have a replacement for you.

I bought a clearance 5 speaker surround receiver last year. Waited about a month to open it, and when I did it was a broken dvd/vcr recorder spraypainted black.

Had to wait for Loss Prevention to investigate but we got our money back. I bet with a game you'll get an instant return, my item was $150 on clearance so they were a little more skeptical.

#891 jimijumper

jimijumper

PBR vs AVP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

Man this blows...the collector's edition stuff is pretty cool. Dont want to return it but I guess I have no other option.

#892 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

It seems the CEs are the items that are always missing contents. I also purchased the AC Brotherhood CE from BB and it did not have a JIB key or DLC. I was able to get the DLC from Ubisoft. I just had to send them a copy of my receipt and a picture of the BB Officer DLC sheet. However, I was unable to get a key. So, I just picked the lock open and that is the way it will remain.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#893 DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

Yeah I think CEs at Target are especially ripe to be pilfered. One DLC card in the Halo Reach set I got went for $60 on ebay. I could see someone buying a couple of sets, stealing the card and returning them.

It's got to be hard for the people doing returns to check for everything (they could just pull up the item on Amazon and see what it's supposed to come with but I digress.) A lot of times these sets are returned and it doesn't look like they've been opened, so they don't even check to make sure all of it is there.

#894 jimijumper

jimijumper

PBR vs AVP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

Yeah I think CEs at Target are especially ripe to be pilfered. One DLC card in the Halo Reach set I got went for $60 on ebay. I could see someone buying a couple of sets, stealing the card and returning them.

It's got to be hard for the people doing returns to check for everything (they could just pull up the item on Amazon and see what it's supposed to come with but I digress.) A lot of times these sets are returned and it doesn't look like they've been opened, so they don't even check to make sure all of it is there.

Like I said earlier, the seals on the outer box and the wrapping on the steelbook were not compromised, they just forgot to include the freaking disc.

#895 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

This happens at my stores all the time. I get excited when I see a CE, but then it has been opened and I know the dlc has been poached. Black ops was the last one I saw like that.

Like I said earlier, the seals on the outer box and the wrapping on the steelbook were not compromised, they just forgot to include the freaking disc.

Now I am worried about my CEs. I usually keep them sealed.

#896 DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

Perhaps. The seals on my stereo looked uncompromised too but it was opened somehow.

I guess it does happen that things get shipped without the discs, but it's much more likely imo that someone removed the disc without you being able to tell. They usually weigh that stuff in the processing plant and would be able to tell if a case was packaged w/o a disc.

I don't trust seals, if they can counterfeit money they can counterfeit or bypass any seal anyone can come up with.

#897 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:34 PM

Halo Reach LE $25ish
Singularity $15ish
Fear 3 $20ish

Wii

Fortune Street $35ish

Tried these, and they all came up higher. Especially the Reach LE. That thing was 49.99 at mine.

Also found a Halo 3 ODST in the plastic prison, but it rang up as 19.99. Cruel day. Cruel day.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#898 ytsejames

ytsejames

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

Why don't you try contacting Naughty Dog directly and tell them? If your copy was missing the disc, chances are others were missing it as well. It might be a known problem.

#899 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

Man, 3 of the 4 stores here were absolutely cleaned out of clearance. Just a few random ipod cases and some other random non gaming stuff.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#900 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

I, unlike others, seem to have booming clearance section. Has anyone noticed how the clearance stickers changed? They used to be a red with an amount but now then are white with a black typed price.