XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5106 replies to this topic

#4171 stormshadow88

stormshadow88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Is it just me or is it more difficult to find the week's sales on the Xbox dashboard? Seems on the game marketplace I find a window for news and sales and it's a stupid video. Used to be a nice window you could just click on during the week that took you to all of the sales.

#4172 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Is it just me or is it more difficult to find the week's sales on the Xbox dashboard? Seems on the game marketplace I find a window for news and sales and it's a stupid video. Used to be a nice window you could just click on during the week that took you to all of the sales.

I hate sounding like a broken record but I have a tough time finding anything with the new dashboard - I still cannot stand it.

#4173 seppuku

seppuku

too many games, not enough time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

Not sure what I want to do with Metal Slug. I enjoy the games, but they are kind of dated. XX seems to have slightly deeper gameplay than 3, but neither seems too different than Metal Slug Advance for the GBA. With Hard Corps Uprising recently added to my backlog, I don't see the value of buying both (plus I think I'm going to get Hydro Thunder). Any more comparisons between 3 and XX in terms of longevity and replay value? I'm leaning towards just getting Metal Slug 3, but I'm curious if anyone else thinks XX is worth the extra 200 msp...
XBLA wish list: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, Double Dragon Neon...
Xbox 360 wish list: Diablo III

#4174 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Not sure what I want to do with Metal Slug. I enjoy the games, but they are kind of dated. XX seems to have slightly deeper gameplay than 3, but neither seems too different than Metal Slug Advance for the GBA. With Hard Corps Uprising recently added to my backlog, I don't see the value of buying both (plus I think I'm going to get Hydro Thunder). Any more comparisons between 3 and XX in terms of longevity and replay value? I'm leaning towards just getting Metal Slug 3, but I'm curious if anyone else thinks XX is worth the extra 200 msp...

MS3 is typically referred to as the best game in the series, though I personally like X the best. It's been a while since I've played the 360 version, but if memory serves right SNK removed the blood from that version whereas that's not the case for XX. MS3 also is not an easy game. Most of the replaybility comes from playing levels over and over until you master them. For a sidescrolling shooter, it is also a fairly long game. I want to say the last level in MS3 is the longest level in the series and requires a lot of work to fight your way through. There is no card collecting system like there is in MSA.

If you had to choose between the two, MS3 is the way to go.

#4175 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

Buying Pinball Arcade at full price to support the cause. Those other future potential licensed tables need to happen.

Controls are OK, loved the Pinball Hall of Fame Controls for the Wii the best actually and I bought that thing for the PSP, Xbox, Wii and now this.

I have a problem.

#4176 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

I hope everybody's buying Hydro Thunder Hurricane, it's awesome. The DLC is good too.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#4177 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

Yeah Metal Slug X is my favorite, too.

You can get the PS1 version real cheap. Like $5.

I'm not a fan of any Metal Slug games after 3. They just started rehashing them after 3.

#4178 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

I hope everybody's buying Hydro Thunder Hurricane, it's awesome. The DLC is good too.

Agreed I don't even really like racing games but found it to be a blast when I was playing online with friends.

#4179 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

Buying Pinball Arcade at full price to support the cause. Those other future potential licensed tables need to happen.

Controls are OK, loved the Pinball Hall of Fame Controls for the Wii the best actually and I bought that thing for the PSP, Xbox, Wii and now this.

I have a problem.

I'm right there with you.

#4180 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

I have a problem.

Loved the demo but I'm waiting until the first DLC to see what kind of pricing/consistency we're going to get from this title. Most of the tables are already on the Williams Collection which I played to death. But the prospect of getting licensed tables is definitely appealing. I'll have no problem supporting this title as long as the tables keep showing up.

Apparently there was a Max Payne sale that ran from April 3-9 that isn't mentioned in the OP. I searched xbox.com and it looks like both Max Payne games for the original Xbox are 800 points. Not sure if that's a sale price or if it's even lower for gold members, but thought I'd mention it for anyone interested.
Posted Image

#4181 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

I'm not a fan of any Metal Slug games after 3. They just started rehashing them after 3.

Wait a sec, when did MS3 come out and MGxx? I thought xx came out after 3??

#4182 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

Metal Slug XX is technically Metal Slug 7 with some enhancements. Maybe Metal Slug 3 had more fresh ideas since mainline Metal Slug games all look practically identical and never stray from the basic formula... But XX/7 at least tries to be a better home game, adding the decent mission mode which gives it more replay value than just trying to beat the game without continuing.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#4183 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

The games in the main series were released in this order: MS1, MS2, MSX, MS3, MS4, MS5, MS6, MS7, and finally MSXX. MS3 was in 2000 and MSXX was in 2010.

#4184 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

I didnt like XX and im a big metal slug fan. Something about doesnt feel right to me, so im sticking to 3, even though it kills me to pass on xx. Hopefully we get some good dotws and publisher sales after this lame ass week.

#4185 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

My guess is this week dotw is super lame because of Fez releasing on Friday, and the next 4 weeks after that will probably be pretty bad as well.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4186 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

It's Modern Warfare 2 & 3 stuff, plus World at War stuff. So yeah, pretty much "meh".
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4187 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

finally put the max payne sale in the OP
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#4188 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

Metal Slug XX is technically Metal Slug 7 with some enhancements. Maybe Metal Slug 3 had more fresh ideas since mainline Metal Slug games all look practically identical and never stray from the basic formula... But XX/7 at least tries to be a better home game, adding the decent mission mode which gives it more replay value than just trying to beat the game without continuing.

It's probably worth mention that Metal Slug 3 was the last one in the series that SNK was working on before they went bankrupt, so they were probably putting their all in since they probably figured it was gonna be their last one. It'd explain the VERY long last mission, which pretty much is as long as the previous levels combined. If there's one thing I'm disappointed in Metal Slug 3 (aside from it not having autofire on the XBLA version) is the fact that the 2 mini-games, "Storming the UFO Mothership" & "Fat Island", which were bonuses on the home version, wasn't included (though it was also left out in the Anthology Collection).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4189 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

So, supposedly Americans don't celebrate Easter... according to Microsoft.
Seriously, Fuck you Microsoft.

I have returns to make at BB and JCP, and both are closed today ... so in all fairness, I'm not celebrating.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#4190 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:20 AM

It's probably worth mention that Metal Slug 3 was the last one in the series that SNK was working on before they went bankrupt, so they were probably putting their all in since they probably figured it was gonna be their last one. It'd explain the VERY long last mission, which pretty much is as long as the previous levels combined. If there's one thing I'm disappointed in Metal Slug 3 (aside from it not having autofire on the XBLA version) is the fact that the 2 mini-games, "Storming the UFO Mothership" & "Fat Island", which were bonuses on the home version, wasn't included (though it was also left out in the Anthology Collection).

The last mission in Metal Slug 3 was on Mission 5. All other MS games are six missions long.

That extra long last mission was practically two missions long itself, and the ONLY reason it was that long together was because they just didn't give you a MISSION COMPLETE FINAL MISSION START where you blast off into space.

And they also loaded the game down with a bunch of drab assets cut from Metal Slug X (Or maybe inspired by. I think MSX began life as a Metal Slug 1 remake but I don't know how far they got with that.), which is why literally half the paths are ugly crap and the others are brilliant.

I love Metal Slug 3 though. MSXX is almost mostly drab crap but is still pretty good. Not to knock either but I just am in a tell it like it is mood or something.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#4191 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

It's Modern Warfare 2 & 3 stuff, plus World at War stuff. So yeah, pretty much "meh".

Not surprised that Activision has yet to put Black Ops map packs on sale. Game is about 1 1/2 years old and haven't saw one sale on them yet.

Guess I can still hold off on getting the zombie one.

Cheap bastards :lol:

#4192 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

Well the first map pack was on sale to many, if not all (i think). Prices did very, but atleast it was on sale. Wonder why the monthly price drops arent shown on the dash, even though xbld discovered them, or did they???????¿¿?

#4193 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

I was for a while... but I gave up that silly hope days ago.

Me too, I picked up castle crashers with my UK account.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#4194 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Posted yet?

Blade Kitten - 400msp (was 800)
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime - 400msp (was 800)
Star Raiders - 400msp (was 800)
The UnderGarden - 240msp (was 400)

UnderGarden is well worth at 240MSP. It's more like experience than a actual game, but you cannot go wrong at this price.
Anyone have enjoyed Blade Kitten?

#4195 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

I only tried the demo for Blade Kitten & it was okay, but felt repetitive at times. It was hard to justify the original $15 price, but for $5, it seems more like a better price & I'm more tempted to pick it up.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4196 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Cool, I've had my eye on UnderGarden, can't say no to $3.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#4197 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

finally put the max payne sale in the OP

I don't think anyone missed it. :D

#4198 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

Oh, boy, that Ghostbusters twin-stick game was one of the dullest experiences I can recall on XBLA. Just so uninspired and repetitive.

Star Raiders looks interesting if it is a throwback to classic Wing Commander games. It's probably been 15 years since I played Wing Commander on my old PowerMac and I'd love to ever find something similar again.

#4199 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Oh, boy, that Ghostbusters twin-stick game was one of the dullest experiences I can recall on XBLA. Just so uninspired and repetitive.

Star Raiders looks interesting if it is a throwback to classic Wing Commander games. It's probably been 15 years since I played Wing Commander on my old PowerMac and I'd love to ever find something similar again.

Stay away from Star Raiders - it's one of the worst games on XBLA, same goes to Ghostbusters as well.

#4200 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

Blade Kitten wasn't bad. I bought it on sale for either 400 or 600 at one point, and yes, it does get repetitive, but it's a relatively short experience, and the achievements are pretty easy.

card.png