XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5106 replies to this topic

#5071 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

More price drops....I get the feeling i want this japanese game...but never seen this here before...lol

#5072 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

Sweet. I had 200 msps on a silver account that did not know what to do with. Added a Free 1 month of gold and bam....free (as far as I am concerned) Nin2-jump. :)
I already have Haunt and will pick up VOOT even though my Dreamcast copy is still shrinkwrapped. I just feel the need to spend some points. :)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#5073 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

More price drops....I get the feeling i want this japanese game...but never seen this here before...lol

For the japanese game, are you referring to Mushi Futari Black Label? That is actually DLC. Now...if I can figure out if it works with version 1.5, I'm snatching that sucker up. Granted, I thought the original price was 800 points, but considering I would've bought it already at full price had I known it was there, I'm not complaining.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#5074 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

Might look into Haunt. I'll check out the trial first.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#5075 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

Tough week for me. I love VO:OT, but 600 still seems like too much to me. I would rather just play my DC version and hope that Sega releases another Dreamcast collection in the future on-disc with VO:OT, JSR HD, Shenmue, and whatever else.

I'm not normally too big on graphics and I love supporting Cave games, but I just tried the demo for Nin2 Jump and I do not know if I can pay 200 for it. I really like the style of the game, except it looks blurry and fuzzy as hell to me, and is off-putting.

#5076 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

For the japanese game, are you referring to Mushi Futari Black Label? That is actually DLC. Now...if I can figure out if it works with version 1.5, I'm snatching that sucker up. Granted, I thought the original price was 800 points, but considering I would've bought it already at full price had I known it was there, I'm not complaining.

Yep and I know this is DLC only but I want to get the main game now xp
And LEGO PotC is not available in my region... <.< well at least not on GoD yet lol

#5077 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

I'm not normally too big on graphics and I love supporting Cave games, but I just tried the demo for Nin2 Jump and I do not know if I can pay 200 for it. I really like the style of the game, except it looks blurry and fuzzy as hell to me, and is off-putting.

For Nin-Jump, it's not the greatest game, but from what I remember, it was more a charity case in the sense that proceeds went to benefit Japan. I'm thinking this was after the earthquake, but not sure if it was that or something else off the top of my head.

JStryker416.png

#5078 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

Back to Karkland on battlefield 3 is also on sale at 600 MSP "Gold Exclusive" it looks like this is the deal of the week http://marketplace.x...f8-b696439d06c0

201224.pnggarrett007.png

#5079 Doctor Who

Doctor Who

Vworp Vworp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

Might pick up Nin2-Jump but the rest is a pass for me.

#5080 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

Also, I found out the hard way that the Hasbro Family Game night games are on sale for 1/2 price. Scrabble, Sorry, Connect 4, Yahtzee, etc.

/

my memory is kinda hazy - but Scabble isn't part of the FGN retail disc right?
what else is not part of the retail disc?

#5081 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Another Tom Clancy sale next week? meh

#5082 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Man these deals suck it,you dont,have bf3 or have aby clancy games (myself). I hope the other games arent this month's price drops, cause i dont like any of them. Atleast i dont,have to spend money on points for a couple of weeks. On a totally unrealted note (sorry joey) how bout that black ops 2 and the setting of the game being in the future?

#5083 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

Anyone have a link on how to make a Japanese account? A Dead Island DotW is looking pretty good right now.

#5084 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Nice, prolly grab Haunt and Nin2-JUMP.

For Nin-Jump, it's not the greatest game, but from what I remember, it was more a charity case in the sense that proceeds went to benefit Japan. I'm thinking this was after the earthquake, but not sure if it was that or something else off the top of my head.

Nin2-Jump was really cool, I enjoyed it. I bought it right when it came out because (supposedly) the first month of sales were gonna be donated to the Red Cross for Japan.

Anyway, the game is well worth 200. I mean, it's just a simple short platformer, but the art style was interesting and I enjoyed it. Easy 200/200 GS as well, if I remember correctly.

I do remember reading there was a bug that would corrupt or delete saved data, so maybe read up on that before you start playing.

Nothing this week for me, but nice to see some Arcade games on sale. Wish it was Ikagura on sale, wasn't Guwange just on sale???

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5085 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

Back to Karkland on battlefield 3 is also on sale at 600 MSP "Gold Exclusive" it looks like this is the deal of the week http://marketplace.x...f8-b696439d06c0

Nice, this will go well with that sale copy of BF3 I got yesterday.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#5086 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

Not reading that. Braid really wasn't that good. It was a fun puzzler, but it didn't have much beyond that.

http://www.forbes.co...ve-video-games/

I think Braid is amazing and still my favorite XBLA game, but to be honest I didn't read it all either. It was really rough on video games, and praised Jon Blow just a bit too much.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5087 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

I'm not sure what to tell you, but if you read the link I posted, the guide said to disconnect the Xbox from the internet once the download hit 99% and download the last 1% through VPN, otherwise the Xbox won't let the download finish. Are you sure you don't have a way of connecting your Xbox to the internet through your PC (i.e. Xbox -> PC -> router)?

On the other hand, if you're already downloading it, does that mean you already bought it? Try checking your Storage, as the game might actually be on your HD, but your console is denying you access to it.

I need to dig around when I get home tonight and see if I have any network cards. I realized that may have been the issue after I gave up for the night last night. Everything runs through the router and I only have the one ethernet port on my PC atm.

I was able to purchase the game by buying it on my PC through a Chinese proxy. The file corrupts at 99% when downloading on my Xbox saying "Can't download Virtual On". Worst case scenario I'm going to have to haul my Xbox to my brother's house and try from his wife's laptop.

I'm going to get this freaking game if it kills me! I'm in for disappointment with it it seems-didn't know they slowed down the combat to accommodate 4 players. Hopefully it isn't too slow as I really love the high intesity single player from past versions.

Nothing for me this week in either DotW. Knew that was coming. Tried not to get my hopes up but it happened anyway. Also bought Nin-2Jump during the 5% rebate. 180 point gamble and loss. Not too terrible.

Oh and I would HIGHLY recommend VOOT. But then that should be pretty obvious by how much I'm working just to get VOF. :P

#5088 Phototropic

Phototropic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

my memory is kinda hazy - but Scabble isn't part of the FGN retail disc right?
what else is not part of the retail disc?

Pictureka, Connect 4X4, and Jenga.

#5089 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

Well, decided to bite and get Nin2-Jump, since I'd have 200 spare points after buying VOOT and Guwange anyway. The upcoming DotWs seem kinda lame, but I'd say these games make up for it. Heck, I thought they were the DotW.

#5090 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Anyone have a link on how to make a Japanese account? A Dead Island DotW is looking pretty good right now.

I know there was a tutorial that used to get posted in the free forum a lot when Japan had exclusive free items. I don't have a link but you could try looking there.

You shouldn't need it though. Use Google Chrome which has built in translation and if you need to put in an address just search for a random one on Google.

#5091 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

Finally bought Nin2 Jump!

I know there was a tutorial that used to get posted in the free forum a lot when Japan had exclusive free items. I don't have a link but you could try looking there.

You shouldn't need it though. Use Google Chrome which has built in translation and if you need to put in an address just search for a random one on Google.

I'd recommend following a tutorial like this one. You do need to know a few specific steps.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#5092 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

So an add on for a not commercially available in the US game is a Deal of the Week... yeah...

Did grab the two games that had previously not been on sale (and/or I didn't own) in Haunt and Nin2-Jump.
-Michael

Posted Image

#5093 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

my memory is kinda hazy - but Scabble isn't part of the FGN retail disc right? what else is not part of the retail disc?

Yes, it is. The first retail disc included Yahtzee, Connect 4, Sorry, Sorry Sliders, Scrabble, Battleship, Boggle.

DCH_Logo%202014_CAG.png

Also on Twitter @ DanCote.Himself

#5094 Markew001

Markew001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

So an add on for a not commercially available in the US game is a Deal of the Week... yeah...

Did grab the two games that had previously not been on sale (and/or I didn't own) in Haunt and Nin2-Jump.

Battlefield is not commercially available in the US? :D

#5095 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Yes, it is. The first retail disc included Yahtzee, Connect 4, Sorry, Sorry Sliders, Scrabble, Battleship, Boggle.

Well for scrabble this is only true for US people, Scrabble isn't included anywhere else sadly =/

#5096 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Bummer about next week's deals.

Microsoft does way too many of these "war FPS" deals.

#5097 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

It is region free though. ;)

JStryker416.png

#5098 Turbojugend

Turbojugend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Just from looking at the Nin2-Jump screens, is it anything like Super Meat Boy? As in short, digestible platform levels? 'Cause I love SMB and will jump on this (no pun intended) if that's the case.

#5099 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

It is region free though. ;)

Crap. I added 800 points to my Japanese account before I realized the Mushihimesama Futari DLC deal is for Gold members only. I could start a new Japanese account for a month of gold, but I'd have to buy another 800 points code. :(

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#5100 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

Just from looking at the Nin2-Jump screens, is it anything like Super Meat Boy? As in short, digestible platform levels?

Yes, that's what it's like. It's got a reputation for being extremely easy but I found it kind of tough. Maybe it was more that I had trouble getting my head around the controls.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df