Photo
* * * * - 57 votes

XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5246 replies to this topic

#4651 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Fuck, to get the medals in Pacman championship edition DX+, we must share achievements and medals through facebook??!! Why the Fuck should I do that?? Now we also have to link our facebook account with the MS one to be more controlled?

That is why everyone should have a fake facebook account.  - I use it exclusively for marketing-type crap.

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#4652 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

OP is back to being wikified.  I think TiredJohn fixed the issue I was having last night.  

Lame, it looks like you still can't edit the title when wiki-editing the OP.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4653 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

OP is back to being wikified.  I think TiredJohn fixed the issue I was having last night.  

I look forward to "I made a new thread for Risk Factions at 20% off because it wasn't in the XBL thread title."

#4654 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

i just had a thought; your main acct and console got banned; by any chance, did you create your main account on that console? (was it like, the first/only console you ever signed in on?) i'm definitely not on my first 360, and i just thought that perhaps that might have something to do with if the mains are spared. prob not but worth asking.

#4655 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

I look forward to "I made a new thread for Risk Factions at 20% off because it wasn't in the XBL thread title."

Haha I remember those days!

Anyways, I'll still update the title on Tuesdays if you guys want to leave me as the OP.  I'm still gonna be on CAG all the time, hell I'll probably still hang out in this thread since there are some really cool people here.  I just don't think I'll have the ambition to actually update the OP anymore.  Worked out well that my bans and the return of wikis happened on the same day. (Conspiracy?)

However, if someone else wants to take the reigns of OP all together that would be fine with me too.  But it's best for everyone if that person is here all the time so the title of the thread does not get out of date.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4656 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

i just had a thought; your main acct and console got banned; by any chance, did you create your main account on that console? (was it like, the first/only console you ever signed in on?) i'm definitely not on my first 360, and i just thought that perhaps that might have something to do with if the mains are spared. prob not but worth asking.

I'm not sure about any of that, but I can tell you it is the console I created the account on, it's the only Xbox I've ever owned, but it's not the only console I've ever signed in on.

#4657 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

I'm not sure about any of that, but I can tell you it is the console I created the account on, it's the only Xbox I've ever owned, but it's not the only console I've ever signed in on.

hmm. has anyone else here had their main account banned? if so, was the console that got banned the first 360 you ever signed into live with on it?

has anybody who's logged in for the first time with both their banned accounts, and their main ones on their banned 360 gotten away with their main account in tact?

again i doubt it but it's something i haven't seen questioned yet.

#4658 Primis

Primis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

Posting this because MajorNelson himself just tweeted it:  12 mos. of Live Gold for $48.99 from Amazon (card only).

http://www.amazon.co...G?tag=-10-15-20

Please don't hate me because it's not about a dashboard sale, or about consoles and gamertags being banned.

fs_xbox.png  

#4659 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Not a deal

Get a great value from your used games by trading at Leaptrade.

http://www.leaptrade...referrer:MrPlow

#4660 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Damn. Just saw on X360A, someone lost their tag with 240,000+ gamerscore.  :cold:

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#4661 kcobra22

kcobra22

#ShouldaDrankOverCharge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

Damn. Just saw on X360A, someone lost their tag with 240,000+ gamerscore.  :cold:

I can't imagine having a really high gamerscore and trying anything that could get you banned. I lost my account with 29k gamerscore and I never really cared for achievements...mostly just getting the ones for beating the games. Now with my new profile i'm up to 3000 and replaying some fun games and actually trying for alot of achievements.

#4662 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

I had said earlier that I know someone who got banned and downloaded Rayman. He had 492K gamerscore! Bet that hurt.

512847.png

#4663 Primis

Primis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

I can't imagine having a really high gamerscore and trying anything that could get you banned. I lost my account with 29k gamerscore and I never really cared for achievements...mostly just getting the ones for beating the games. Now with my new profile i'm up to 3000 and replaying some fun games and actually trying for alot of achievements.

Serious question:  Why does Gamerscore mean something for some of you?

It gets you (at a certain level) marginally better XBox Rewards returns but otherwise.... it doesn't actually do anything, and isn't used for anything at all.

Is it just a sheer point of pride or something?  I'm always amazed at the stock some put into Gamerscore.

fs_xbox.png  

#4664 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

It gets you (at a certain level) marginally better XBox Rewards returns but otherwise.... it doesn't actually do anything, and isn't used for anything at all.

Is it just a sheer point of pride or something?  I'm always amazed at the stock some put into Gamerscore.

It gives you a reason to play games you would not have normally played otherwise. I wouldn't have played a lot of underrated games that I ended up really enjoying if achievements did not exist. It's fun raising the number. Kotaku had an article a few years back about how number make people like things more, or something like that.

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   

This Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1)  - Next Week on YouTube: N/A

This Weekend on Twitch:  Garry's Mod (PC), Project Spark Special (X1)

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP

#4665 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

It just sets goals on games that are fun to do (most of the time). Why not have fun getting achievements in games since you love gaming!?

512847.png

#4666 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

No bans yet for me.  I'd be perfectly fine with a console ban if it does happen.  I have multiple other X360's and it will finally give me the incentive to mod one since I'll no longer have the fear of being banned.  My account getting banned would sting a lot more but at least it would finally free me from my gamerscore addiction and without gamerscore being a factor which console to buy next gen becomes a super easy decision for me.

#4667 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

Sense of accomplishment is all. Why climb a mountain, why break a land speed record, why do anything that doesn't directly benefit you or gain you something? The feeling of accomplishment. It's fun, that's all.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#4668 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Well I'm banned too.  Only thing that bugs me is the kids can't see the pictures to choose their games.  Guess I should have used up my points.  I still feel it was worth it.  I saved so much money in games on the other marketplaces that I purchased at a discount.  Still think MS is making a huge mistake as I had over 100 games PURCHASED (leaving out the free stuff) so that's just money lost down the road.

Shrug.  Oh well.  PS4 here I come...

#4669 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

i got a lot of games for a cheaper price from the Hungarian market place, should I be worried about a ban now or are they only cracking down on people that got free games?

i "paid" for those games (with bing points) but this has me a little nervous

#4670 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Well I'm banned too.  Only thing that bugs me is the kids can't see the pictures to choose their games.  Guess I should have used up my points.  I still feel it was worth it.  I saved so much money in games on the other marketplaces that I purchased at a discount.  Still think MS is making a huge mistake as I had over 100 games PURCHASED (leaving out the free stuff) so that's just money lost down the road.

I guess MS feels like it's better off cutting off the small community of people that takes advantage of these situations? Either way their losses are minimal.

#4671 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

how do u redownload stuff you got from the sales and specials app? does it show up as a free download in ur download history or what? IIRC if u go to download them in the marketplace it double charges u

#4672 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Console banned or account banned?

#4673 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

i got a lot of games for a cheaper price from the Hungarian market place, should I be worried about a ban now or are they only cracking down on people that got free games?

i "paid" for those games (with bing points) but this has me a little nervous

My hungarian account isn't banned but I too am worried about re-downloading it.

#4674 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

I guess MS feels like it's better off cutting off the small community of people that takes advantage of these situations? Either way their losses are minimal.

Actually it appears that Microsoft only banned my console as I can still login to the online marketplace through my pc with my gamertag.  I'm guessing they banned the oman account. 

I disagree that their losses are minimal though...it's now a double loss.  They've already lost on the games that were free but now they also lost a paying customer. 

I guess what my issue is the fact that it's been a grey area for years.  I spent plenty of time reading up to find out if this was really an issue and saw many examples of people actually speaking to reps about having moved to another country (usually for military reasons) and tried to use live for purchases and had problems with that region and were told to just use another region (like canada in one example).  So it just seems like a double standard. 

Lots of people have been doing this for years so to suddenly go on a purge when apparently it's ok sometimes but others it's not is what I take issue with.  With the recent bad press and 180's they've been doing, they just keep compounding the image problem they are having right now. 

With my GT still intact I may consider buying another console so my kids can play but not until they are on the cheap and it certainly opens up the possibility of all the fun modifications you can make (that don't affect MS like Black ops zombie mods and things). 

#4675 Primis

Primis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

This is the worst advertisement for Sony/PS4 ever.

"I did something on Xbox to violate my ToS and got banned, so I'm switching to PS4... presumably so I can try those things on there instead".

I can see the slogan now:  "PS4 - We're the Australia to XBox's Britain".  And "PS4: XBox's penal colony".  I'm sure that will make for a lovely user community.

And yes I'm saying this tongue-in-cheek.  I'm sure someone is going to take this way too seriously and descend upon me with righteous wrath.

fs_xbox.png  

#4676 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

"I did something on Xbox to violate my ToS and got banned, so I'm switching to PS4... presumably so I can try those things on there instead".

I can see the slogan now:  "PS4 - We're the Australia to XBox's Britain".  And "PS4: XBox's penal colony".  I'm sure that will make for a lovely user community.

And yes I'm saying this tongue-in-cheek.  I'm sure someone is going to take this way too seriously and descend upon me with righteous wrath.

tumblr_modpevxOwQ1r45vh6o1_1280.png

leda-doing-le-worm-xd-o.gifaw-ledas-cute-o.gif

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#4677 fatboyjam

fatboyjam

A Champagne Jam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Banned here too. Not psyched but I understand and accept the ban. 

The only thing I'm having a little trouble with is losing out on my account balance. It seems like they should have to refund it regardless of the ToS violation. Not sure if this is the best analogy but, if I walk into a store and pay for a $12 item with a $20 bill, I shouldn't be prevented from spending the remaining $8 or receiving my change, even if I insulted the cashier.

#4678 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Umm...except Sony/PS encourages game/account sharing.  There are whole threads elsewhere on this site devoted to people swapping and lending PSN accounts.  I've never had a PS, but my friend and I are thinking of jumping on board cuz then it's basically each of us paying 50% off for games on day one if we share them.

#4679 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

And the OP is un-wikified agian.  What the Fuck?

#4680 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Banned here too. Not psyched but I understand and accept the ban. 

The only thing I'm having a little trouble with is losing out on my account balance. It seems like they should have to refund it regardless of the ToS violation. Not sure if this is the best analogy but, if I walk into a store and pay for a $12 item with a $20 bill, I shouldn't be prevented from spending the remaining $8 or receiving my change, even if I insulted the cashier.

If you took something that you should have paid for then it could be considered as MS recovering payment for said item.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-Game of Thrones season 1
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif