1/2 off ALL Used games @ goHastings! (XboxOne, PS4! included)

Question for those who are more familiar with gohastings: How good of condition are their used games, generally speaking? I know that I'm not guaranteed the original case, but would I have a pretty good chance of getting a game with a case? It really bothers the collector side of me when I get a game without the original case.
WIth hastings its hit and miss. Because they ship direct from store locations, if you have one close to you that is notoriously bad, most things you order online will come incomplete.

I have one about 200 miles away in state (WA), that is known as a terrible location. They dont package the items properly, often take in incomplete trades etc. I used to buy a lot of used blu rays, until they started arriving without disks and other issues.

Their customer support in my experience is lousy too. They used to just refund you and often let you keep the DVD if it was lower than return shipping if it was their mistake. Because people abused that, now its hard as hell to get a return. The last straw for me was when i ordered 100$ of blu rays plus resident evil racoon city on 360. They sent me the blu rays plus the resident evil movie on DVD instead of the game. Two of the blu rays were literally snapped in half (first time id ever seen a blu ray snap), and 2 others were so scratched up because they were shipped loose in the cases they wouldnt play. After 6 weeks of credit card disputes and them refusing to acknowledge their mistake and blaming me, i ended up eating the loss. On the flip side, whenever i have had a package from them that comes from across country, its been fine, hence, hit and miss.

Hey guys look! Half off (of double the price) on all used games! x.x
Did they raise the price on some games? I'm not sure if that's been mentioned.

There are (were) good deals in there, and there are bad deals. They have plenty of Wii shovelware that should be under $5 in the $20 to $40 range, not sure if that is related to the sale or not.

I didn't order anything this time, but I got 4 Xbox one, 3 ps4, and a wii-u game the last time they did 50%, all were great deals, especially since I paid with store credit from November console trade-in deals.

Did they raise the price on some games? I'm not sure if that's been mentioned.

There are (were) good deals in there, and there are bad deals. They have plenty of Wii shovelware that should be under $5 in the $20 to $40 range, not sure if that is related to the sale or not.

I didn't order anything this time, but I got 4 Xbox one, 3 ps4, and a wii-u game the last time they did 50%, all were great deals, especially since I paid with store credit from November console trade-in deals.
Take a look at pretty much ANY new release game, for the new gen at least, AC4 BF is $69.99 "used" yeah because using a game causes it to jump up in price $10... It is famous for them to raise prices before a "promo".

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look at pretty much ANY new release game, for the new gen at least, AC4 BF is $69.99 "used" yeah because using a game causes it to jump up in price $10... It is famous for them to raise prices before a "promo".
AC4 is one of the few examples that I've seen. Most XB1/PS4 used games were $54.99. Most had very few or no copies available at the beginning of the sale.

AC4 is one of the few examples that I've seen. Most XB1/PS4 used games were $54.99. Most had very few or no copies available at the beginning of the sale.
Which is probably why they didn't get bumped up. You will see many of the examples of games they ACTUALLY have in stock, being bumped up in price. There should be NO examples instead of few examples, I mean yeah you can find some deals on there time to time, and it is good for dvd/bluray/books (I assume). But their site is a mess, you never know what ACTUALLY is in stock or not, and raising prices ABOVE NEW whenever they have a promo is crossing the line.

Has anyone purchased a special edition(hardened version of COD for ex) from Hastings? Dont want to purchase one only to find the code has already been used

Has anyone purchased a special edition(hardened version of COD for ex) from Hastings? Dont want to purchase one only to find the code has already been used
Yes. I've had some good luck and bad luck in the past. Sometimes codes won't be included, or present but already redeemed. Once in awhile I have had some luck and actually received them unused too.

Yes. I've had some good luck and bad luck in the past. Sometimes codes won't be included, or present but already redeemed. Once in awhile I have had some luck and actually received them unused too.
Ok thx...ill stick with the regular ones to be on the safe side

Dang, jumped on this far too late. Everything but Angry Birds is sold out for PS4.

It's just sad to see how this company blatantly raises the price (to over MSRP) simply to accommodate a sale price
It's not like they did it to every game. What if they would of just left it at 55 and offered 25% off instead...would that make you happy?

The end result is $35, which is a good deal for that game. People always have to find something to complain about.

Edit...looks like NBA Live might be the only X1 title left. LOL

This is back live using the RINGITIN 50% off code on used games. There are a few Xbox one games (Rise, COD, and Just Dance)  and PS4 games (BF4 and FIFA 14) available.  There are also some games that was out of stock now available.  I just got Saint's Row IV, Crisis 3 and Starwars Unleashed 2 for the PS3.

This is back live using the RINGITIN 50% off code on used games. There are a few Xbox one games (Rise, COD, and Just Dance) and PS4 games (BF4 and FIFA 14) available. There are also some games that was out of stock now available. I just got Saint's Row IV, Crisis 3 and Starwars Unleashed 2 for the PS3.
Thanks for the heads up I picked up nba 2k14

I shop GoHastings a lot and they raise their prices and lower them all the time depending on their stock.  It's not just what's on sale and what isn't.

Thanks for helping me break my "No video game purchases this year" New Year's resolution...

The Last of Us, Call of Juarez and InFamous, all for $32....

Saw they had Madden on PS4 in stock but when I go to the page itself it says OOS... ergh. And no good Vita games in stock either. A couple did get restocked but not any I am looking for.

Has anyone seen what type of condition their used games are usually in?

Saw they had Madden on PS4 in stock but when I go to the page itself it says OOS... ergh. And no good Vita games in stock either. A couple did get restocked but not any I am looking for.

Has anyone seen what type of condition their used games are usually in?
Yea I got hit with that for every game I checked . There is very slim pickins left at this point in the sale.

Just received the package and my two PS4  game cases are absolutely destroyed, damn UPS. Called Gohastings and all they can do is refund the shipping cost so I took that. Since I got the games for so cheap, don't want to return these.

Damn tried placing an order but it kept giving me an error (security code was wrong despite me trying multiple times) Now it turns out that each time I tried placing the order the money was taken out of my account and now I have 3 pending transactions all for the same item. I contacted customer service but they weren't much help and have sent another message. I have also contacted my bank but was wondering if anyone has any advice. And the thing is the order never went through, so I'm out $50 and no game until all this is straighten out. I just wanted some cheap games

Is the ring it in code still working? I tried it yesterday and they day before and each time it didn't subtract 50%. I know it was 12/31 only, but it sounds like other people had luck ordering in the new year.

Damn tried placing an order but it kept giving me an error (security code was wrong despite me trying multiple times) Now it turns out that each time I tried placing the order the money was taken out of my account and now I have 3 pending transactions all for the same item. I contacted customer service but they weren't much help and have sent another message. I have also contacted my bank but was wondering if anyone has any advice. And the thing is the order never went through, so I'm out $50 and no game until all this is straighten out. I just wanted some cheap games
Your bank should be able to tell you when the pending will be released. If Hastings can give you the approval codes for those transactions then your bank should be able to take off the pending charges.

I work at a bank and that's how we do it.

3 orders spanning two days and Nothing Cancelled! It's a bloody miracle. CS confirmed every item over the phone this morning. Here's what NoHastings is bringing me this time:

:ps3: Catherine                          

:ps3: Heavy Rain: Director's Cut

:ps3: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

:ps3: Star Ocean: The Last Hope - International

:ds: Radiant Historia (Come on 1st print!)

:dvd: Chip 'N' Dale: Rescue Rangers, Vol. 1 

:dvd: Disney's Ducktales, Vol. 2

Not working on Wii U games?

Have a PS4 game in my cart and it worked fine, but then tried it with Pikmin 3 and had no luck  :drool:

Good news: God of War 3 & God of War HD Collection both shipped. 

Bad news: Someone bumped this topic and I saw that the sale was still going, bought Dead Space 2. :(

Devil May Cry collection, Far Cry 3, Kingdoms Of Amalur, and Metal Gear Rising appear to be in stock for any interested parties.

Goddammit, I finally bit on COD(I know everyone says it's bad, I'm just desperate for a new game on my PS4), MGSR and DMC HD... all for ~$45...

Almost got assassin creed 4, but the price should plummet by the time watch dogs is released, just a few $5 blu-rays this time.

Grabbed Saints 3 for less than $9 shipped. Very happy to have this one back for so cheap. Now I have to resist any more shopping urges until the coupon is gone.

bread's done
Back