1/2 off ALL Used games @ goHastings! (XboxOne, PS4! included)

Yeah I have bought from them 20-30 times, only had issues with two DVDs and both was from the mailing and the disc moving around.  Nothing too serious.  Plus Gilmore Girls season two for like $3 you can't beat even with a screwed up disc.

So they could sell it for $35 after the discount... They raised all their prices before the sale. Otherwise they'd have sold their whole inventory at a lost.
So pretty much what everyone does right before Christmas? Increase the price, so when they lower it, no one will realize that their "discounts" are actually when you'd be paying anyway. That's BS.

FYI, Hastings ships items in plastic bags. Not even bubble mailers.
It depends on where it ships from.

I only get plastic mailers once it awhile, but 9 out of 10 of my last packages have been bubble mailers.

They were supposed to junk those plastic mailers awhile ago, but many stores are still hanging on to them, and refusing to waste packaging, which I also think corporate is more or less trying to enforce on them because of the same reason, so very YMMV on the plastic mailers. They haven't been actively ordering more plastic mailers since they started with the bubble mailers/cardboard mailers again, but they had so much stock of those plastic mailers I'm sure some stores will be using them for awhile longer before they even get close to running out. I mean they can store so many more plastic mailers too as they take up way less space than the bubble/cardboard ones, so yeah...

Pics? Youtube's goHastings "unboxings" show bubble mailers
There was a time when Hastings changed all their regular bubble mailers into the plastic mailers, and it was a complete disaster for some months until enough people were completely done with that portion of their antics, so they decided to switch back to bubble mailers (the cheaper plastic kind, and not the regular kind with the paper outside, and bubble mailer inside), but as explained above they still have so much more stock left there are still a number of stores that refuse to part with them, and corporate doesn't really care whether or not they do, or at least not openly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP! Picked up NCIS for the PS3. I heard it is a super easy platinum and my girlfriend loves the show, so I figured for $7.** can't go wrong. Also I prefer threads like this, instead of mega threads.

So pretty much what everyone does right before Christmas? Increase the price, so when they lower it, no one will realize that their "discounts" are actually when you'd be paying anyway. That's BS.
It is BS but sometimes you'll find some good deals. Example: They raise a $45 used game to $70 during the half off sale. You'd pay $35 for it during the sale, so really you'd still get $10 off what they were charging originally.

I've been waiting since a day after my birthday (when it originally launched) for a decent price on Metal Gear Rising and I've never been able to get it for $13.21 until now. Sometimes it pays to wait on a game instead of paying full price.

Ugh saw this too late... Been looking for a decent deal on Madden ps4 forever since EA decided to refuse to do any next gen upgrades.

LOL I like how Wonderful 101 is $31 new FIFTY FOUR USED. I would have bought it for half of $30 or less since used. Hastings never has their shit together.
derp by never has their shit together you are saying every sale you come here expecting discounts on recent releases and every sale you never learn that these sales are pretty much only good for older games

Ugh this troll ass site, every time I see a game on the list I want it says "Ships in 24 hours" only to be sold out once I actually click it...

So far atleast I found 2 games I want

This sale went live over 12 hours ago, and you guys are bitching because XB1 and PS4 games aren't in stock? What do you expect, a neverending surplus?

I was able to grab Akai Katana for $5.75.  Not too bad.  I'm not very good at shmups, but I also had a passing interest in the game.  For that price, I'm willing to take a risk.

I've been waiting since a day after my birthday (when it originally launched) for a decent price on Metal Gear Rising and I've never been able to get it for $13.21 until now. Sometimes it pays to wait on a game instead of paying full price.
Best Buy had it for $15 ($12 for GCU members) just recently NEW.

derp by never has their shit together you are saying every sale you come here expecting discounts on recent releases and every sale you never learn that these sales are pretty much only good for older games
Derp yourself it's not illogical for them to drop the price on used products when they drop new. It is illogical to sell a used game for $54.99 when it's $31 new. Sale or no sale.

I've been shopping in Hastings stores my whole life I know what I'm talking about when I say this company has never and never will have their shit together. Their stores are all trashed out and they sometimes take months to drop a price on something that every other retail store can handle dropping the price on. That's five or six different Hastings in my city and two I visited in another all the same.

I ordered a ton of stuff. Spent $96.09 and shipping was a lot but it was worth it.

Some things I'm happy I got:

Tekken Tag 2 $4.52
Persona 4 Arena $7.98
Saints Row 3 Full Package $11.95
Doom 3 BFG $9.37

Plus a bunch of other stuff I'm going to throw in the backlog lol... Either way, I'm happy! :)

Thanks OP!

Sure, I'll grab the Ezio Trilogy for less than $15 shipped. Now to wait three weeks because GoHastings has the worst processing/shipping time.

Nevermind, for some strange reason the site refused both of the zip codes I normally use and I had to find the long form one that Amazon gave me.

Either way I got Valkyria Chronicles and Star Ocean 4 for PS3 for 24$. Figure its a pretty decent deal since SO4 is going for 30$ at Gamestop and VC is 25$. Just hope they are in decent condition (Atleast with the original case/art)

Nevermind, for some strange reason the site refused both of the zip codes I normally use and I had to find the long form one that Amazon gave me.

Either way I got Valkyria Chronicles and Star Ocean 4 for PS3 for 24$. Figure its a pretty decent deal since SO4 is going for 30$ at Gamestop and VC is 25$. Just hope they are in decent condition (Atleast with the original case/art)
I picked up Valkyria Chronicles used in a previous %off used in early December and it was still in shrink wrap with manual. It appears to be new as the case, cd, manual have no scratches, scuffs, and manual is crisp. I also just picked up SO4 International and Catherine used for PS3 and Radiant Historia for DS (fingers crossed for manual and original case). Here's hoping we get the better part of our orders free from cancellations :pray:

I picked up Valkyria Chronicles used in a previous %off used in early December and it was still in shrink wrap with manual. It appears to be new as the case, cd, manual have no scratches, scuffs, and manual is crisp. I also just picked up SO4 International and Catherine used for PS3 and Radiant Historia for DS (fingers crossed for manual and original case). Here's hoping we get the better part of our orders free from cancellations :pray:
Ugh I totally forgot Catherine, and its still instock too. Thanks for reminding me

I ordered a ton of stuff. Spent $96.09 and shipping was a lot but it was worth it.

Some things I'm happy I got:

Tekken Tag 2 $4.52
Persona 4 Arena $7.98
Saints Row 3 Full Package $11.95
Doom 3 BFG $9.37

Plus a bunch of other stuff I'm going to throw in the backlog lol... Either way, I'm happy! :)

Thanks OP!
I am very rarely the person who does this, but Doom 3 BFG was a huge let down. The only redeeming part of that game is that it comes with Doom 1 and 2 and that is awesome, but after I finished Doom 3, I traded it in just to get it out of my house. I had basically zero fun playing Doom 3. I hope you like Doom 3 honestly and it just wasn't my thing.

Edit: After I wrote this I wanted to delete it, but with new CAG I can't.... :( Sorry Yamayama

I am very rarely the person who does this, but Doom 3 BFG was a huge let down. The only redeeming part of that game is that it comes with Doom 1 and 2 and that is awesome, but after I finished Doom 3, I traded it in just to get it out of my house. I had basically zero fun playing Doom 3. I hope you like Doom 3 honestly and it just wasn't my thing.

Edit: After I wrote this I wanted to delete it, but with new CAG I can't.... :( Sorry Yamayama
It's okay, I'm mostly getting it for Doom 1 and 2. I collect XBLA games that are on disc. :)

Used Assassins Creed IV is $69.99 on X1(before 1/2). Wow.
I don't understand this obsession with the raised prices. The game is $35 plus shipping after the discount...is that not a decent deal? Is any other venue, anywhere, selling the game used near that price? Yes they jack them up during a sale, but the point is that they're raised BECAUSE they're having a sale. $35 plus ship is still a good deal.

I don't understand this obsession with the raised prices. The game is $35 plus shipping after the discount...is that not a decent deal? Is any other venue, anywhere, selling the game used near that price? Yes they jack them up during a sale, but the point is that they're raised BECAUSE they're having a sale. $35 plus ship is still a good deal.
It's just sad to see how this company blatantly raises the price (to over MSRP) simply to accommodate a sale price

The website is a giant troll. It NEVER has anything in stock because when it has a good sale it has only a few of each item.

Question for those who are more familiar with gohastings: How good of condition are their used games, generally speaking? I know that I'm not guaranteed the original case, but would I have a pretty good chance of getting a game with a case? It really bothers the collector side of me when I get a game without the original case.

Question for those who are more familiar with gohastings: How good of condition are their used games, generally speaking? I know that I'm not guaranteed the original case, but would I have a pretty good chance of getting a game with a case? It really bothers the collector side of me when I get a game without the original case.
As long as you steer clear of the PV stuff, you have a pretty good chance of getting it in the original case, and even with the manual.

I've had pretty good luck in the past with my games coming complete, and on occasion there have been some hiccups with it missing a manual, or what not, but always had the original case, or at the very least the original cover art (sometimes games are in rental cases as people will trade those in that way).

As long as you steer clear of the PV stuff, you have a pretty good chance of getting it in the original case, and even with the manual.

I've had pretty good luck in the past with my games coming complete, and on occasion there have been some hiccups with it missing a manual, or what not, but always had the original case, or at the very least the original cover art (sometimes games are in rental cases as people will trade those in that way).
Thanks, that's good to hear.

If there are any other Call of Duty fans here, they have Black Ops 2 for PS3 for 12.50 after the coupon, which is pretty good even after tax and shipping. I picked myself up a copy for $16.06 after everything was said and done, which is the cheapest I've ever seen a used copy of it.

Only shame is that they charge shipping on each game you order. If they'd lump everything together under a flat rate per order, I'd pick myself up a copy of Ninja Gaiden: Sigma.

^ I second this. I ordered "used" Starfox 3DS ($13) and Valkyria Chronicles ($10) in early December and both came Y-fold shrink-wrapped and looked like new. Also Starfox came with nintendo club points insert that had not been used :)

While their site may be "...of Trolls", the deals you actually get that have not been cancelled are very good IMO. I don't mind their shitty site. It kind of makes shopping a little more exciting because of the hunt/gamble mixed in with potential good deals.

Ugh tried ordering Metro Last Light as it showed in stock on 360 used for $14.99 with the coupon it brought it down to $7.49. Halfway through the checkout process it showed as Out Of Stock.

I dunno why I even bother with these GoHastings deals because even when I get something I want they just cancel it on me.

bread's done
Back