Yanya Cabilista

Xbox
Alter Echo
Batman: Dark Tomorrow
Bloodrayne
Big Mutha Truckers
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season
Dino Crisis 3
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (UPC 093155116702 - Platinum Hits non-GOTY)
Freedom Fighters
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance
I-Ninja
Indiana Jones
Inside Pitch 2003
LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2
Minority Report
MX 2002 featuring Ricky Carmichael
Nascar Thunder 2002
ODDWORLD
Silent Scope Complete
Stake Fortune Fighters
Syberia
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
UFC: Tapout
UFC: Tapout 2
World Series Baseball
X2 Wolverine's Revenge

Gamecube
4x4 Evo 2
Batman : Rise of Sin Tzu (big box with lithograph)
Beyond Good & Evil
Cel Damage
Dead to Rights
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Eternal Darkness
2002 Fifa World Cup
FreekStyle
Freedom Fighters
Frogger Adventures: The Rescue
I-Ninja
MX Superfly
Nickelodeon Rocket Power: Beach Bandits
WrestleMania XIX

PS1
All Double-Packs
007 Racing
Blaster Master: Blasting Again
Cabela's Ultimate Deer Hunt: Open Season
Colony Wars III: Red Sun
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX
Dukes of hazzard 2
Grand Theft Auto 2 (Greatest Hits)
MLB 2004
Mortal Kombat 3
Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey
Rayman 2: The Great EscapeRocket Power: Team Rocket Rescue
SENTINEL: Returns
Spec Ops Stealth Patrol
Street Sk8er2
Syphon Filter 3
TENCHU: Stealth Assassins (Greatest Hits)
Tomb Raider II (Greatest Hits)
Tomb Raider Last Revelation
Treasure Planet
Warriors of Might and Magic

[quote name='"OP"']I couldn't believe they even had one in stock, but if you can find it @ a CC B&M it's definitely a steal at that price especially since it's brand new :)[/quote]

..wow, that might be why I couldn't find anything or something. You actually got some stuff that I wanted for my collection, too. Damn. I can't believe you did that. Words.. words just can't describe. Unbelievable.

[quote name='ToddlerTN']
Oh, I did one pretty cool thing also...after all the years of griping about hoarders, I wasn't about to do that myself and totally wipe them out. So in case any fellow Nashville CAGers (Scorch!) want to take advantage of this deal, I left one copy of "Gravity Games Bike: Street. Vert. Dirt." hidden behind a row of games somewhere on the bottom shelf of the PS2 section (sorry I can't remember what game I hid it under). But this was at the Bellevue CC store...hopefully it's still there when you local guys read this.
[/QUOTE]

After stating you picked up 385 games, this is funniest fucking thing I have read all day!

EDIT: I can't help but think that whole post was a joke.

Why is it a "fantastic post"? I gotta admit, I cracked up when I read the part about him leaving "Gravity Games", but really, unless he's going to offer some that I want for a reasonable price, then hoarders suck.

wow, 385 games... 829.36 oop. many duplicates. hope you have many stores to trade in to to keep from getting flagged. good for getting in on the deal, bad for buying them all, but if you didnt, someone else would have.

[quote name='Scorch']Why is it a "fantastic post"? I gotta admit, I cracked up when I read the part about him leaving "Gravity Games", but really, unless he's going to offer some that I want for a reasonable price, then hoarders suck.[/QUOTE]Yeah I totally agree hoarders totally suck, IMO. I've always hated those guys who just want to make money dumping a big haul on Ebay. At least I just want store credit, my plan is hopefully I never have to pay for another video game for the rest of my life.

Scorch, you're here in Nashville, and you've proven yourself to be a true CAG (meaning COOL-Ass Gamer!!! get it?) So how about you meet me at Gamestop tomorrow and when they total my prices, you can buy anything you want from me for the same price...sound pretty cool or what?

Also congrats on 1000 posts!

[quote name='ToddlerTN']Yeah I totally agree hoarders totally suck, IMO. I've always hated those guys who just want to make money dumping a big haul on Ebay. At least I just want store credit, my plan is hopefully I never have to pay for another video game for the rest of my life.

Scorch, you're here in Nashville, and you've proven yourself to be a true CAG (meaning COOL-Ass Gamer!!! get it?) So how about you meet me at Gamestop tomorrow and when they total my prices, you can buy anything you want from me for the same price...sound pretty cool or what?

Also congrats on 1000 posts![/QUOTE]

You do know the vast majority of the games are going to get you like $1.00 or 50 cents right? ;)

What? I meant 1000th in this thread.

I'll pass, thanks.. especially if you try to charge me $10 for the same game you paid $1.99 for.

You're the hoarder, dude. That's not cool at all.

EDIT: Yeah, dude's right.. a lot of those won't top $2 in credit.

store credit vs cash. you should sell them here on cag for cost, if you are doing it for CAGers. it seems you just want credit. scan the receipt to prove you arent just doing this to get people all riled up. as for me, if you have LPT, I will pay $4 shipped if you wanna part with one.

Oh and isn't it CC policy not to sell to dealers.... I feel sorry for that chick ... manager: "Hey where did all those games go?" Her: "I sold them to this one guy." .... lol.

Also I'm about to head to work now, so anyone who wants something on my list I guess PM me and I'll check them when I get done delivering pizzas (probably like 2 am or so). If you offer me more than Gamestop offers me then I just wont sell it to them and then I'll sell it to you, and whatever the actual shipping ends up being also is what I will charge plus maybe like $1 or something small and fair for us both.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I need to see pics, until then, I wouldn't believe a word this guy says.[/QUOTE]I didn't even take them out of my station wagon, they're still in bags in the back waiting to go to Gamestop tomorrow. I'll take a picture and post it after work tonight.

One last thing, you guys are missing the point that I was trying to make that maybe this deal isn't over? I'm not sure why but my store got these all in today or last night so who knows?

Ok, running late now...later guys and good luck!

But yeah, how in the hell are you going to trade in 385 games? Wouldn't that at least double a Gamestop's inventory? That ain't gonna fly.

You're going to get stuck with a whole lot of cheap games you don't want. Your only solution is to several off at a location to be decided between us on Vanderbilt's campus.

maybe the sale is this weekend? gonna go check my CC later tonight, hopefully they got $2 price tags. LPT for $20 isnt too bad retail, but $2 is so much better.

I don't know what he thinks he's going to get with a stash of copies of Mojo, X2, Cat in the Hat, Evil Dead, State of Emergency, and other crap. He thinks that he's going to walk in with 385 games and have like $10,000 store credit.. he's in for a rude suprise, most game retailers won't even take 15 or 20 games at a time, much less 385.. and for real, he thinks we're going to match Gamestop's trade-in value when he paid 1.99? Ha. This should be thoroughly entertaining.

[quote name='chickenhawk']After stating you picked up 385 games, this is funniest fucking thing I have read all day!

EDIT: I can't help but think that whole post was a joke.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that, and the fact the he asked us to look up the GS prices and IGN ratings for him...

And Scorch, wouldn't you offer to match the GS prices if they are 50 cents or $1? :)

I mean, if this guy is really serious, couldn't he have just bought, like, 100 of them and left the other 285 for others? That would seem semi-fair - I don't begrudge him is luck in being there when they stocked the $1.99 games (if even true), but that's a bit too much... The *best* he could do for trade-ins would be to find several Gamerush stores, and using the $5 bonus deal, he *might* clear $3080 (I assumed an average of $8). Minus the cost and gas money, wear and tear on the car, lost pizza delivery revenue, etc, he would make a profit of $2000 (in store credit of course) if he's lucky (don't know where the $10,000 figure comes in!). And it would be ALOT of trouble to do that (many, many trips).

I guess I could be pissed about this, but then again, he's going to need to get rid of a LOT of those sometime soon, and I'm conveniently located within the city.

I agree Scorch, this should be fun, and possibly beneficial for us.

My money's on a mass return to CC.

[quote name='purevim']385 games?!?! is this guy for real?

trading that many games will take a few months...[/QUOTE]

Unless he hit 3-4 Local GR every days to get rid all of his games ;)

And to think, I felt guilty when I snagged 2 copies each of the GBA Wolverine and Harry Potter games (and left 2 more on the shelves). Thanks for alleviating that guilt, ToddlerTN!

[quote name='theq87']I guess I could be pissed about this, but then again, he's going to need to get rid of a LOT of those sometime soon, and I'm conveniently located within the city.

I agree Scorch, this should be fun, and possibly beneficial for us.

My money's on a mass return to CC.[/QUOTE]

CC would probably be all "Hell no, fool! We've been trying to get rid of that stuff for years! Look at the bottom of that X2 on GBA. See the part that's torn? That's because it's been on the shelf so long the case was stuck to the shelf!"

[quote name='Scorch']CC would probably be all "Hell no, fool! We've been trying to get rid of that stuff for years! Look at the bottom of that X2 on GBA. See the part that's torn? That's because it's been on the shelf so long the case was stuck to the shelf!"[/QUOTE]

Lol...All I know is that somebody's probably going to have an anxiety attack tommorow. If this is even real.

Wow. I want to see pictures! I wonder if they had to change the roll on the reciept printer while they were ringing these things up. =)

[quote name='theq87']if by GR you mean Gamerush, there are none in TN as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

Well, in that case reduce my profit estimate by the amount of $ needed to travel 100's of miles to a place with Gamerush, stay in a hotel for a week or so, and spend the good part of that week driving around to different GR's (lost salary, more gas, etc). :D

Of course, he *could* trade them in at a regular Blockbuster, since they do the $5 bonus deal. But he'd still have to travel to a GR to use the credit on anything half-decent.

Hahaha, and i actually felt bad for buying 2 LPT :D

IO pretty much covered everything i was gonna add:

[quote name='io']Yeah, that, and the fact the he asked us to look up the GS prices and IGN ratings for him...

And Scorch, wouldn't you offer to match the GS prices if they are 50 cents or $1? :)

I mean, if this guy is really serious, couldn't he have just bought, like, 100 of them and left the other 285 for others? That would seem semi-fair - I don't begrudge him is luck in being there when they stocked the $1.99 games (if even true), but that's a bit too much... The *best* he could do for trade-ins would be to find several Gamerush stores, and using the $5 bonus deal, he *might* clear $3080 (I assumed an average of $8). Minus the cost and gas money, wear and tear on the car, lost pizza delivery revenue, etc, he would make a profit of $2000 (in store credit of course) if he's lucky (don't know where the $10,000 figure comes in!). And it would be ALOT of trouble to do that (many, many trips).[/QUOTE]

wow... I dont feel so bad about the 35 or so games I picked up last summer during the 5 dollar madness, partially because I shared with some other guy there for the sale... AND left PLENTY of games there when I left... my wife would probably have a cow if I pulled up in my "station wagon" with that many games... 385 games just seems unfathomable to me at this time

With these kinds of hoarders in your area Scorch... I can see why you might want to keep other good gaming deals you find in your town secret... at least from a gaming standpoint

In my own personal gaming... I am looking to scope out the Pensacola location tomorrow... hope to find at LEAST one game

Thought I'd add my 2 cents... hoarding is hoarding, it doesn't matter if it's for cash (on ebay) or credit at the game store. Credit is the equivalent of cash, only for a designated purpose. If I were the 385 game guy, I'd just ebay them all and then use the cash for games - satisfies his never wanting to pay for another video game fantasy...

But I'm not him, cause I wouldn't be reckless enough to drop almost $1000 on an investment that may or may not pan out. Hell, even ebaying the whole lot would an extensive amount of time and work.

And now that I've contributed 2 cents, I'd be happy to give the other $1.97 to get a copy of Cel Damage (GC) :)

[quote name='ToddlerTN']Well I don't know what to think, if this is a national thing or not, but...

I was at CC today to get an iPod and I figured I'd just browse through the Xbox games one more time. When I turned the corner, this girl had a cart loaded with games and was sticking them on the shelves. Lucky for me, they did Xbox first, so they were almost finished there when I saw them, and they rolled the cart over to the PS2 area.

So I started flipping through and holy smokes, there were dozens of $1.99 titles now. Better yet, NONE of them had any stickers over the original UPC! Maybe they had just gotten them in and forgot to do it? Or maybe it's the beginning of a legit sale? Either way, there was a ton of games and I started loading up!

I was kicking myself for tossing out the list of sale titles I'd been keeping in my pocket for over a week. I just started grabbing any Xbox games I could remember and stacking them on the floor, and then I realized something...everything on that cart must have been a $1.99 game!

So I ran over to the girl and looked at the cart, and I recognized most of the titles, so I asked, "Hey, can I buy all these games?"

She didn't even answer me for a minute and then just said, "Are you for real?" and I told her I was a dealer and had a store, which wasn't true at all, but I figured she would be suspicious otherwise.

She still couldn't believe I wanted ALL of them but I told her I was serious, and we rolled the cart over to the Xbox games and I loaded the stack I had made there and then rolled it up front to checkout. It took her 40 minutes to take them out of the boxes and scan them all. Luckily the store was dead and she just kept going and going. And the weirdest deal was that she didn't comment on the price at all, she just said at one point "wow you're getting a great deal." LOL, no kidding!

So now I just got home a while ago and I had to check my receipt to even tell what all I bought. It took forever for me to even type it up, and I haven't checked it against the "official" list to see if there's anything new in there. Anyway, here's my haul:

I was stupid and didn't think to count the duplicates I bought until I was halfway through typing the list, but I got 385 games total and spent $829.36, and I didn't even get the iPod I went for the first place...now I'm too broke! But I'm not complaining, either.

Oh, I did one pretty cool thing also...after all the years of griping about hoarders, I wasn't about to do that myself and totally wipe them out. So in case any fellow Nashville CAGers (Scorch!) want to take advantage of this deal, I left one copy of "Gravity Games Bike: Street. Vert. Dirt." hidden behind a row of games somewhere on the bottom shelf of the PS2 section (sorry I can't remember what game I hid it under). But this was at the Bellevue CC store...hopefully it's still there when you local guys read this.

Wow, a lot of typing and I'm sure it's much appreciated. About time CC came through for me, finally! I'm glad I decided to buy an iPod...LOL!

Now can some kind person take this list and maybe lookup the Gamestop trade values and post them back to this thread so I know how much to expect? If someone could do that tonight so I have an idea by tomorrow morning, that would be great. Also, I don't really know what's good and what's not in that list...I don't even own a GameCube or PS2 or GBA, so maybe also include the IGN ratings in case I want to keep any of them? I might buy another system with all the trade credit I'll be getting tomorrow.

CAGers helping other CAGers...gotta love it![/QUOTE]

Hmm. I have a hard time believing this. 385 games is a bit much for that particular store to handle, they seem to have slightly less of a gaming section than other CCs.

Problems with the story:

As stated, 385 games being put out on the floor all at once seems highly unusual.

They aren't supposed to sell to dealers (I'm sure they would anyway, but if this actually happened, it was kind of a dumb thing to say).

I'm having trouble getting the numbers to match. I can accept that 385 may be an approximation, and I expected the total to be off by a few cents, since it would require about 22 receipts (i.e. 22 transactions resulting in some rounding differences on the tax).

His comment that he was being generous by leaving one game was clearly intended to set people off, as was the comment about us looking up values and reviews for him.

Most importantly: I bit the bullet and called the store, asked 2 different employees in the gaming department if someone came in today and bought hundreds of games. Nope.

Why make it up? I can't answer that.

[quote name='guessed']His comment that he was being generous by leaving one game was clearly intended to set people off, as was the comment about us looking up values and reviews for him.

Why make it up? I can't answer that.[/QUOTE]

Sure you can/did! ;)

[quote name='Scorch']The Blockbusters here don't do game trade-ins AFAIK.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sucks... I just did some at my local BB an hour ago. All the ones around here (OR) seem to have the promo running. Now, it is a different matter if they know how to do the bonus, but they usually figure it out after a while.

[quote name='guessed']Hmm. I have a hard time believing this. 385 games is a bit much for that particular store to handle, they seem to have slightly less of a gaming section than other CCs.

Problems with the story:

As stated, 385 games being put out on the floor all at once seems highly unusual.

They aren't supposed to sell to dealers (I'm sure they would anyway, but if this actually happened, it was kind of a dumb thing to say).

I'm having trouble getting the numbers to match. I can accept that 385 may be an approximation, and I expected the total to be off by a few cents, since it would require about 22 receipts (i.e. 22 transactions resulting in some rounding differences on the tax).

His comment that he was being generous by leaving one game was clearly intended to set people off, as was the comment about us looking up values and reviews for him.

Most importantly: I bit the bullet and called the store, asked 2 different employees in the gaming department if someone came in today and bought hundreds of games. Nope.

Why make it up? I can't answer that.[/QUOTE]
Nice job investigating...Unless I can see a pic of all the games with the receipt(s), I have no reason to believe this guy.

its a fantastic post in every sense of the word, from all perspectives and all senses; it boggles the mind so fully i am still trying to understand the post as i reread it

Is that guy that says he bought 385 games serious? If it is, that is so wrong. Maybe take a couple copies of each game, but not all of them. What is the point of telling fellow CAG's about a deal when people like this go hoard them all? At least offer some of them to fellow CAG's for the cost + shipping.

My CC put new sticker skus on all of the games that are on the $1.99 list. The only game I found from the list (and there weren't many to begin with) that rang up at 2 bucks was Looney Tunes: Back in Action. I'm sure this game blows, but for two bucks, what the hell? It was still disappointing that Tekken Tag, Tribes, and a few others rang up at about 15 bucks.

I don't believe the 385 guy either. Doing the math with every sales tax from 7% up to 9% and everything in between doesn't add up to his amount. Not to mention the fact that you can only put so many items on a receipt before you have to do another transaction at CC. I believe the limit was around 21 items on a single receipt before the system would quit and you would have to ring up another sale. He would have had to do at least 18 transactions. We all should know good and damn well that no circuit city is going to let some guy sit there and ring up 385 games, no matter what the number of transactions.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I don't believe the 385 guy either. Doing the math with every sales tax from 7% up to 9% and everything in between doesn't add up to his amount.[/QUOTE]

If the tax in TN happens to be 8.25% (too lazy to look it up to be sure), it does indeed add up right at least. Still, my bullshit detector is going crazy on this transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back