Yanya Cabilista

Xbox
Alter Echo
Batman: Dark Tomorrow
Bloodrayne
Big Mutha Truckers
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season
Dino Crisis 3
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (UPC 093155116702 - Platinum Hits non-GOTY)
Freedom Fighters
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance
I-Ninja
Indiana Jones
Inside Pitch 2003
LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2
Minority Report
MX 2002 featuring Ricky Carmichael
Nascar Thunder 2002
ODDWORLD
Silent Scope Complete
Stake Fortune Fighters
Syberia
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
UFC: Tapout
UFC: Tapout 2
World Series Baseball
X2 Wolverine's Revenge

Gamecube
4x4 Evo 2
Batman : Rise of Sin Tzu (big box with lithograph)
Beyond Good & Evil
Cel Damage
Dead to Rights
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Eternal Darkness
2002 Fifa World Cup
FreekStyle
Freedom Fighters
Frogger Adventures: The Rescue
I-Ninja
MX Superfly
Nickelodeon Rocket Power: Beach Bandits
WrestleMania XIX

PS1
All Double-Packs
007 Racing
Blaster Master: Blasting Again
Cabela's Ultimate Deer Hunt: Open Season
Colony Wars III: Red Sun
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX
Dukes of hazzard 2
Grand Theft Auto 2 (Greatest Hits)
MLB 2004
Mortal Kombat 3
Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey
Rayman 2: The Great EscapeRocket Power: Team Rocket Rescue
SENTINEL: Returns
Spec Ops Stealth Patrol
Street Sk8er2
Syphon Filter 3
TENCHU: Stealth Assassins (Greatest Hits)
Tomb Raider II (Greatest Hits)
Tomb Raider Last Revelation
Treasure Planet
Warriors of Might and Magic

[quote name='"OP"']I couldn't believe they even had one in stock, but if you can find it @ a CC B&M it's definitely a steal at that price especially since it's brand new :)[/quote]

So Fire Emblem is a no go? I was just on the phone with my friend at CC and I was telling him stuff to pick up. He got like 3 copies along with other stuff and went in line. I'll post back the results when he calls me back.

EDIT: Fire Emblem didn't work, neither did Unlimited Saga and it was marked $49.99. I was hoping it would work with the UPC. All he got was Mutha Truckers PS2. Oh well, I hope to find more in my runs tomorrow.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']Hey Z,
Which one did you go to, Brooklyn? If so, do they have any copies of State of Emergency or Xgrav left? And how many Unlimited Sagas did they have?[/QUOTE]
I went to the um Mayfield Heights one which had nothing at all, the one in Aurora(I think the site calls it Brookfield though) which also had nothing, and the last one I went to was the Mentor one which is the one that had what I got. My friend got an X2:Wolverines Revenge and something else I can't remember. I also managed to pick up Colony Wars 3 for PSX there and do I love some Colony Wars so I'd have been happy finding that alone.

It's a shame that XGrav and all don't work across the board. They had a few of the PS2 XGravs but they rang up at 20 I believe. The guy that checked us out said someone called the day before so they probably got wiped out last night. They had like 30 copies of State of Emergency for some reason but the one I got was the only unstickered one sadly. Theres a copy of PowerDrome there for XBox on the shelf behind the register I left.

Oh and theres about 6 Power Dromes for XBox at the Mayfield Heights one. My Cheepassedness is getting the better of me anymore after the TRU coupon stuff and I didn't want to even pay 5 dollars for them. It's sad.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']froggers good, rang up 1.99 GC version. i feel kind of horrid for buying it and trading it in since a dude a few pages back wanted to play it with his kids.

= /

scorch i got that new NIN, what you think?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's me - no big deal unless you are doing this in Portland, OR :)
I got other stuff that I'm trading in so I can't complain though. Though I might keep the PS2 I-Ninja (really wanted the GC version though just to use the Wavebird).

[quote name='oper00']PS2:

Romance of Kingdoms VIII - $1.99
Unlimited Saga - $ 1.99

GBA:

Fire Emblem - $4.99
Advanced Wars 2 - (potiental) didn't scan into the system

I couldn't get these because the manager didn't let me.

First deal for me ever too. Prick.[/QUOTE]

I checked on AW2 an hour ago and it rang up $14.99. I also gave Billy Hatcher (GC) a try, came up as $14.99 too.

Oh, and as I am sure it is obvious now, when I made the post about Gungrave (PS2) being $1.99, I meant the first one. Well, the person who made the original post meant the first one, not Overdose. ^_^ Hope that clears that little bit up.

[quote name='usahorn']CC online also has tetris worlds for $1.99[/QUOTE]
OOS again, or maybe it was never in stock... once you goto checkout, it's gone.

Unlimited Saga and Fire Emblem also did not work for me, no stickers for either as both were never value games to begin with.

[quote name='nwaugh']I'm pretty sure that's very out-of-stock.[/QUOTE]

My Circuit City had one copy of Tetris Worlds for the PS2 labeled on the normal shelf for $19.99, but I didn't bother to get it scanned..

I found La Pucelle, but it scanned in as $19.99 (no sticker, original UPC). The salesperson cleared the screen too quickly for me to see, though (she was scanning stuff for other people). I'm in New York state. Is this YMMV?

I wonder if I should pick it up anyway, if there's going to be a future sale...

[quote name='io']Yeah, that's me - no big deal unless you are doing this in Portland, OR :)
I got other stuff that I'm trading in so I can't complain though. Though I might keep the PS2 I-Ninja (really wanted the GC version though just to use the Wavebird).[/QUOTE]

nah man, other side of the states in BUffalo. i actually have the i ninja GC from the 5 dollar sale and its so solid even with the corded jawn. ill keep an eye out for both games if i go back this w/e. i was going to keep frogger for my nieces, but it and a few titles i already had got me jade empire for 6 out of pocket, so maybe that will make you feel better. or worse. ill keep an eye out like i said.

[quote name='salmonaxxx']I found La Pucelle, but it scanned in as $19.99 (no sticker, original UPC). The salesperson cleared the screen too quickly for me to see, though (she was scanning stuff for other people). I'm in New York state. Is this YMMV?

I wonder if I should pick it up anyway, if there's going to be a future sale...[/QUOTE]

I thought it was only YMMV if it had the great value stickers on it.

[quote name='salmonaxxx']I found La Pucelle, but it scanned in as $19.99 (no sticker, original UPC). The salesperson cleared the screen too quickly for me to see, though (she was scanning stuff for other people). I'm in New York state. Is this YMMV?

I wonder if I should pick it up anyway, if there's going to be a future sale...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ne2eire']I thought it was only YMMV if it had the great value stickers on it.[/QUOTE]

Well, He wrote that he didn't actually see the screen, so the clerk may have just read off what she expected the price to be. I don't think this is YMMV.

And the ones with the value UPCs are not YMMV, they are all the higher prices.

[quote name='unforeseen']demomanTNA,

Are you the same person that moderates the bestbuysux website?[/QUOTE]

Yes I am one of the mods of the bestbuysux.org message board. :D

can anyone confirm that circuit city will be selling all of its budget titles for 1.99? when will this start if true?

I'm going to make a post with the most important info combined. Perhaps this can be what is used on the first page so that people don't have to dig thru ten billion posts just to find out what is going on...

Here's the lastest list of potential titles that are in the sale.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']The unnofficial official update?

Playstation 2
18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker
Aqua Aqua
Auto Modellista
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
Blood Omen 2
Bombastic
Big Mutha Truckers
Cat in the Hat
Chessmaster
Commandos 2
Disaster Report
Disney's PK out of the shadows
Eve of Extinction
Everquest Online Adventures
Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002
Frequency
Fur Fighters: Viggo's Revenge
Grandia II
Gungrave
Haunted Mansion
I-Ninja
Jampack Vol. 10
Jampack Vol. 11
Jonny Moseley Mad Trix
Kinetica
La Pucelle Tactics
Men in Black 2 Alien Escape
Monster Jam Maximum Destruction
NBA 2K2
NCAA College Football 2K3
NCAA March Madness 2002
NCAA March Madness 2003
Oni
Project Eden
Robot Alchemic Drive
Romance of Kingdoms VIII
Shadow Man: 2econd Coming
Silpheed
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
State of Emergency
SWAT: Global Strike Team
Star Wars : Racer Revenge
Spawn: Armageddon
Taz Wanted
Tribes: Aerial Assault
Twisted Metal Black
Unlimited Saga
Wallace and Gromit
Whirl Tour
World Destruction League: Thunder Tanks
X-Men: Next Dimension
X-Squad
Yanya Cabilista

Xbox
Alter Echo
Bloodrayne
Big Mutha Truckers
Circus Maximus
Dino Crisis 3
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (UPC 093155116702)
Freedom Fighters
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance
Gunvalkyrie
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
I-Ninja
Inside Pitch 2003
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 (UPC 047875802513)
Minority Report
Mojo
MX 2002 featuring Ricky Carmichael
Nascar Thunder 2002
New Legends
NHL 2002
Oddworld: Munch’s Oddyssee
Silent Scope Complete
Stake Fortune Fighters
Syberia
Spawn: Armageddon
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Triple Play 2002
UFC: Tapout
UFC: Tapout 2
X2 Wolverine's Revenge

Gamecube
Batman : Rise of Sin Tzu (big box with lithograph)
Beyond Good & Evil
Cel Damage
Dead to Rights
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Eternal Darkness
Freedom Fighters
Freekstyle
I-Ninja
Looney Tunes: Back in Action
MX Superfly
Nickelodeon Rocket Power: Beach Bandits
WWE WrestleMania XIX

GBA
Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
Dragonball Z: The Legacy of Goku
ESPN International Track & Field (GBC)
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002
Earthworm Jim
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBA)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBC)
The Incredible Hulk
Legends of Wrestling II
Medal of Honor
Madden NFL 2004
X2 Wolverine's Revenge

PS1
All Double-Packs
007 Racing
Blaster Master: Blasting Again
Cabela's Ultimate Deer Hunt: Open Season
Colony Wars III: Red Sun
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX
Dukes of hazzard 2
Evil Zone
Grand Theft Auto 2 (Greatest Hits)
Grind Session
Lego Rock Raiders
MLB 2004
Mortal Kombat 3
Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey
Rayman 2: The Great Escape
Rocket Power: Team Rocket Rescue
SENTINEL: Returns
Spec Ops Stealth Patrol
Street Sk8er2
Syphon Filter 3
TENCHU: Stealth Assassins (Greatest Hits)
Tomb Raider II (Greatest Hits)
Tomb Raider Last Revelation
Treasure Planet
Warriors of Might and Magic[/quote]

Here's a post I made in regards to what the current situation is on what is going on.

[quote name='demomanTNA'] I found out what is going on is that corporate is still adjusting many titles to $1.99 because as of right now those $1.99 titles are going to be part of a pullback (or stuff being sent back to CC HQ). It is up to the store if they want to let some of these $1.99 titles sell or just to send them back. Now from what I find out is that there is over (be sitting folks) 1,500 games TOTAL in this - but however - and read this carefully - many stores at best might have maybe 10 to even 100 of them. Many stores won't be getting the official list for their store until potentially this weekend depending on how things work out, so each store is going to have different things. Your milage might vary is really the keyword from this point forward with this clerance sale due to the fact that some stores might have, say, "NHL 2002" while the store 10 minutes away might not.

Also to clear up a big issue that has been mentioned - the "mispriced" issue is in fact over the one cent "Chessmaster." It was ment to be coming up at $1.99 but somehow a goof up happened which lead up to be coming up at one cent. That's also why some employees (and managers) think that the $1.99 clearance sale is a "error."[/quote]

I am also going to add a few more things to this.

- As of right now I have gotten no word on if the "price value" line of games are going to be included in this sale.
- The official start of the sale at best is today (Friday) but worst case scenario is Monday at this point. The biggest issue right now is making sure each store's pullback is correctly setup along with the pricing in the system.

[quote name='demomanTNA']I'm going to make a post with the most important info combined. Perhaps this can be what is used on the first page so that people don't have to dig thru ten billion posts just to find out what is going on...

Here's the lastest list of potential titles that are in the sale.

Here's a post I made in regards to what the current situation is on what is going on.

I am also going to add a few more things to this.

- As of right now I have gotten no word on if the "price value" line of games are going to be included in this sale.
- The official start of the sale at best is today (Friday) but worst case scenario is Monday at this point. The biggest issue right now is making sure each store's pullback is correctly setup along with the pricing in the system.[/QUOTE]

Actually, there isnt a pullback, as of yet. But, if there is a pullback, the games will be going, simple as that. They have to either be sold already or sent back, there's no middle ground. However, this just like last year's deal. They sent a notice to us last week that there was going to be a clearance sale coming and that we would get the info on what has dropped down in price. And just like last year, they dropped the price without telling anyone before the offical clearance.

What's strange is that there is NOTHING in next week's ad about the clearance sale. Last year, the week after the games dropped in price, the clearance sale was in the ad. So this is strange but the game will not be pulled back as far as I know.

As for whether more games will go on sale or if the valued games will go on sale, I wont know that until tomorrow. So we'll just have to wait and see.

[quote name='Scorch']Please take Fire Emblem off the list, it's been confirmed by two people that it is not on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Its removed now as somehow I didn't catch that being posted. :(

[quote name='ogmaster']Actually, there isnt a pullback, as of yet. But, if there is a pullback, the games will be going, simple as that. They have to either be sold already or sent back, there's no middle ground.[/QUOTE]

The list itself is coming in a form of a pullback, however its up to the store to determine if they are going to pull the games back right away or sell them for a bit for $1.99 before sending back what does not sell. That list will be coming within the next few days.

Got the last copy of La Pucelle from the local CC for the $2 price. They were pretty cleaned out; nothing else of interest to me. Thanks for the deal all.

[quote name='demomanTNA']The list itself is coming in a form of a pullback, however its up to the store to determine if they are going to pull the games back right away or sell them for a bit for $1.99 before sending back what does not sell. That list will be coming within the next few days.[/QUOTE]

I'm just curious, but do you (or anybody else) know what happens after that? Like if they pull back all of the older games, what happens to them then?

My store had several titles that rang in at $1.99 but the store manager refused to sell them to me at that price. She said that she would charge me $25.00 each. I sent a email to CC customer service to complain that the store was making up prices.

[quote name='briggs']My store had several titles that rang in at $1.99 but the store manager refused to sell them to me at that price. She said that she would charge me $25.00 each. I sent a email to CC customer service to complain that the store was making up prices.[/QUOTE]

That's asshole/illegal behavior, and I don't get how managers get away with that. At the end of the day, the money in the registers has to be equal to what the total on the registers say, and if they ring up for $1.99, the manager is obviously going to just pocket the rest.

Looks like I'm going to have to make yet another trip to CC today, just to see what else I can find. It's totally awesome when I can go out and buy a game with the change I find around the house. :D

If those value stickers actually start ringing up at $1.99, there are gonna be a lot more games that I'm going to want to pick up...
There's this copy of Galerians: Ash for PS2 sitting on the value shelf at my store, and of course it would have to be stickered...as well as a two-pack of Outlaw Golf and Darkened Skye for Cube. I'd give the $2 in a heartbeat for both of those.

There are titles at the CC by me that I can't believe were not included in the $5 sales and now I can't believe they are not in this sale. Titles like DOA2 Hardcore and Tekken Tag Tournament. They are not even Screaming Deals or Red Value Tagged and they ring up between $15-20. These titles are like 4 years old.

Part of me hopes that the special UPC's start ringing up $2 but seeing launch titles on the shelves ringing up at $20 gives me little faith in this happening. I just hope CC sends the lists and instructs them to remove the UPC's and to ring up anything not in the system at $2. I know this doesn't mesh with their inventory and stuff but it sounds like their inventory is screwed up anyway. When a CC employee checks inventory and it says 'Stock: 9' and none are to be found, something's not right. (taken from an earlier post)

Was Amplitude on any of the $5 sale lists, or am I just imagining it? I think I saw a copy at my store, but was in a hurry, so I didn't check the price... maybe I'll have to :)

[quote name='doubledown']Hmmm, anyone check any of the Michigan stores? Roseville, Lakeside or Oakland Mall one?

Might save me a trip[/QUOTE]
I've checked the Oakland Mall store yesterday... all there was were PH Morrowinds and Gladiator, a few value stickers Matt Hoffman bike thing or something like that...

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Was Amplitude on any of the $5 sale lists, or am I just imagining it? I think I saw a copy at my store, but was in a hurry, so I didn't check the price... maybe I'll have to :)[/QUOTE]

It was green tagged at TRU but has since been removed. K-Mart has it on clearance for $9.99

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I've seen lots of games on the list at two different CC stores, the only problem was that they had those damnable value stickers on them.[/QUOTE]

Same story at my CC, and alot of other ones around here, if these games end up finally being clearanced out for 2 bucks, I will be all over that

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I've seen lots of games on the list at two different CC stores, the only problem was that they had those damnable value stickers on them.[/QUOTE]

Same at my local CC.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']It was green tagged at TRU but has since been removed. K-Mart has it on clearance for $9.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks--too many damn deals over the past year to keep track of ;)

oooooo, I see that Breath of Fire: DQ was on the original list--oddly, I don't think my store had a copy of it back then, but I saw one yesterday... I'll check it out...

[quote name='Calico']I've checked the Oakland Mall store yesterday... all there was were PH Morrowinds and Gladiator, a few value stickers Matt Hoffman bike thing or something like that...[/QUOTE]

Thanks....you saved me a lunchtime trip today then...although, Morrowinds for $2 would not be bad.....still have yet to try it.

[quote name='doubledown']Thanks....you saved me a lunchtime trip today then...although, Morrowinds for $2 would not be bad.....still have yet to try it.[/QUOTE]
If you like reading text... I popped it in last night and wow... graphics are looking very old... lack of voice acting in many interactions. Depth of the rpg seemed cool, but I didn't feel like reading.

[quote name='briggs']My store had several titles that rang in at $1.99 but the store manager refused to sell them to me at that price. She said that she would charge me $25.00 each. I sent a email to CC customer service to complain that the store was making up prices.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='evilmax17']That's asshole/illegal behavior, and I don't get how managers get away with that. At the end of the day, the money in the registers has to be equal to what the total on the registers say, and if they ring up for $1.99, the manager is obviously going to just pocket the rest.[/QUOTE]

I agree that it is wrong ($25 is more than most of these games cost even if not on clearance), but the manager is not "obviously going to just pocket the rest." The manager adjusts the price in the computer so that the stored price matches the amount collected.

Ok, now you really saved me a trip....I'd get it for trade-in fodder possibly. I would like to find a store with more than 1 or two games though. Anyone else have luck in MICHIGAN stores?

Just got back from the store in Rocky Mount, NC. They were pretty much cleaned out, which was the case after the $5 sale months back. i snagged a copy of Evil Dead: Fist Full of Broomstick (PS2) and four copies of Beyond Good & Evil (GC). i asked the guy in the car audio department if he could scan the prices and he did. He commented that they were a really good deal at $1.99, and i said something like "yeah, i figured they might be cheaper since they were old games". Luckily, he knew nothing about games so he didn't question me.

At the end of my visit there, there was another guy who came in with a list and started picking games out of nowhere. i didn't check behind all games (mostly the PS2) simply because i didn't feel like it, but it was obvious that he had stashed a few of them previously. He grabbed another four or so copies of BG&E and a couple of other games. In less than a minute in the aisle, he had almost a dozen games. i quickly hid my list -- i really don't want to fraternize with people who are simply buying everything en masse to resell it. i was thinking of putting a couple of BG&Es back since two of them were tradein fodder, but i knew he'd probably get them so i didn't bother.

The FYE in the same area traded BG&E in for $8.50, and i think the used copy of Auto Modellista (GC) i had was $7.00. Fist Full of Broomstick was something like $8.00 as well. i was really hoping to pick up Ridge Racers with the trade-in credit, but they didn't have it in stock. i visited another FYE closer to home, traded in a couple more used games, and decided to pick up Ape Escape with the rebate form since they didn't have RR either.

i've still got a bit of credit at FYE, but if i didn't have taxes to finish and work later tonight, i'd print up the $5 coupon and just buy RR at Best Buy. i really want that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back