10/17 XBOX LIVE Down for Maintenance - "Cool Stuff" Revealed

I thought we were going to find out what all was done and what this was all about after it was over, today in other words.

[quote name='madportagee']Any news on when the other bonus packs for lumines are coming, cause right now you can only play the first vs cpu level?[/QUOTE]

The more I think about this, the more I think that what they are doing is testing to see how many people buy the 'Core' game, and what people say about it. Then they will adjust the price and availability of the rest of it accordingly. Maybe even release some of it for free if people bitch enough.

[quote name='javeryh']So what happened? Is there anything new on Live besides Lumines?[/QUOTE]

it doesn't work quite as well.

if you want the original Xbox Live back, that'll cost ya 5000 marketplace points.

I demand my .15 cents back for not being able to play on Live yesterday. I would like it in form of Markeyplace Points Please and Thank You. :)

Newsflash:
We’re back! (Almost)

Xbox.com is back and we’re sure glad to see you! My Xbox and Forums will be back in about 24 hours, but in the meantime there’s a lot you can check out on Xbox.com.

At Xbox, keeping your family safe has always been a top priority. Providing a safe, secure environment and age-appropriate content for all consumers has been a part of the Xbox® story from the very beginning and it’s a responsibility we continue to take very seriously.

When My Xbox comes back up, there’ll be a much more robust Family Settings that will enable parents or guardians to decide what sort of online communication and content is right for their child. Kids will be able to have their own accounts on My Xbox, but the Family Settings give the parents or guardians complete control over who their child interacts with in any way on Xbox Live.

It’s all part of our ongoing effort to create and build in safety measures that enable parents and caregivers to choose the right play and viewing settings for their family.

This fall Microsoft, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, and Best Buy Co., Inc. will launch a campaign to inform parents about the Family Settings feature in the Xbox 360™ console and introduce other resources to help parents and caregivers protect their children. The name of the campaign is “Safety is no game. Is your family set?” in reference to the Xbox 360 Family Settings, and you can read more about it here.

As for the m aintenance that’s ongoing, we know you've got more questions, so here are some answers:

Q: Is this a Dashboard update?

A: Nope.

Q: So what's going to happen exactly? What's it going to look like for me?

A: The vast majority of Xbox.com is fully functional. However, if you try to connect to My Xbox on Xbox.com, you will see a "Page Not Available " page. If you hit the Forums, you’ll be redirected to the home page. Don't freak. It's not your account, your computer, your browser, or your ISP. It's us.

[quote name='delirium266']The "cool stuff" is parental controls? booooooooooooooooooo[/quote]Really that sucks ass all this time for that.

For parents its great but this definately isn't cool stuff. For gamers out their this is pretty dam lame who were looking for some "cool stuff."

So it takes two days to add parental controls to xbox.com.

This is really sad. I can just see it in my head. They grabbed two guys from in front of Home Depot, gave them a programming for dummies book, and a spanish-english dictionary. Get it fixed in 24 hours *locks them in a tiny room with a server*

[quote name='Graystone']They grabbed two guys from in front of Home Depot, gave them a programming for dummies book, and a spanish-english dictionary. Get it fixed in 24 hours *locks them in a tiny room with a server*[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I loved the spanish-english dictionary part. You just made my day.

[quote name='jasonlives13']Racist?[/QUOTE]

WELL ITS BEEN A GREAT THREAD....so sad to see it go

I called it - I said the "cool stuff" would be nothing, and they were just saying that to try to get people to not gripe as much.

How much you want to bet we are not credited for the two days (so far) XBL has been either down or broken?

The PS3 and Wii can't get here soon enough. Hopefully competition will cause MS to get its shit together on stuff like this. No excuse for this bush-league nonsense.

[quote name='jasonlives13']Racist?[/QUOTE]

No, not at all. I thought it was clever that Graystone was implying that Microsoft used people who can't speak English to upgrade the servers (which I would assume are English based), hence the problems over 13 hours after Live was supposed to be back up and running again.

There wasn't any racial intent in my comment, if it came across that way I apologize.

You guys don't think you're overreacting just a little?

Oh and if anyone missed it, the other update is being able to add points through XBox.com.

I'm not able to connect since they've "gone back up". I went through the test connection steps, and everything is fine until it gets to the Xbox Live test and then is says if fails. I know Major Nelson said there were "intermmitent" problems, but I'd feel a lot better if it wasn't just me...

[quote name='KaneRobot']How much you want to bet we are not credited for the two days (so far) XBL has been either down or broken?
[/quote]They could give everyone 20 microsoft points...that would about cover it.

[quote name='AshesofWake']is xbox live working for anybody right now? i can't connect. i want lumines omg..[/QUOTE]

No, there is another thread with people posting every 5 minutes bitching about it too.

bread's done
Back