10% Off Amazon Gaming Purchases and Other Perks with ECA Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
CheapyD update - (The discount codes are presently unique one-time use coupons. Members should download one coupon per game, one game per cart. Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon.)

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dizee']me too[/QUOTE]

Did you register with a ".edu" e-mail? Otherwise, they won't allow you to get the student rate. It's pretty ridiculous since most universities don't even offer student e-mail accounts anymore.

[quote name='bojay1997']Did you register with a ".edu" e-mail? Otherwise, they won't allow you to get the student rate. It's pretty ridiculous since most universities don't even offer student e-mail accounts anymore.[/quote]

yea i used my .edu email and got it for 14.99 in my cart, but the credit card payment area is grayed out and you cannot enter anything there.

I posted on their forums a few hours ago, waiting for a response.

[quote name='mary_at_gamefunk']Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but members of Gamerchix get a free ECA Membership for a year.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that's still going on? ECA gave out a bunch of free memberships last year to various groups via forums including certain WoW clan sites, certain press people and Gamerchix among other groups, but as far as I know, they haven't done so since late 2008.

I can't figure out where the hell I enter any payment information. I signed up, I got an e-mail about a newsletter, confirmed my e-mail, and now nothing. I can log in but I get an "Access Denied" page on theECA site. HELP???

[quote name='RoboPenguin']I can't figure out where the hell I enter any payment information. I signed up, I got an e-mail about a newsletter, confirmed my e-mail, and now nothing. I can log in but I get an "Access Denied" page on theECA site. HELP???[/QUOTE]

I am having the same problem... I tried with my .edu email and .com email and I can't get anything to work. hopefully they can fix it monday... :whistle2:/

Quick question: so there's no limits on the number of different orders you can use this on (as long as they're games of course)?

If so, I should have sign up for this sooner... I spend a ton of money on Amazon as it is.

The ECA is a great group regardless of this. But it is all working now. Also, for those who use GOG.com. They have a 20% off purchases code as well, and it seems you can generate multiple as well.

[quote name='G-Nitro']The ECA is a great group regardless of this. But it is all working now.[/quote]

I still can't put in my Credit Card information if I try to use my student e-mail. It's not working 100%, yet.

[quote name='Reimu']I still can't put in my Credit Card information if I try to use my student e-mail. It's not working 100%, yet.[/QUOTE]
I'm having the same problem. I thought it was just Google Chrome but Firefox is doing the same thing. It seems like it's trying to update the page to input my credit card info but it's not. C'mon... I want to give them my money dangit!

Seriously...all of the inefficiencies are starting to piss me off. Here I am waiting to join, but they can't get anything right...fools.

Everything is now working perfectly for me. The codes are generating immediately and I'm having no trouble with Amazon. It sucks that you have to order stuff one at a time, but it's well worth the discount.

[quote name='G-Nitro']The ECA is a great group regardless of this. But it is all working now. Also, for those who use GOG.com. They have a 20% off purchases code as well, and it seems you can generate multiple as well.[/QUOTE]

Woah, seriously?!? That's crazy. The games start out cheap, then 20% off THAT?!? Then what does it stack with the weekend sale they've done a couple of time :D ?!?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Woah, seriously?!? That's crazy. The games start out cheap, then 20% off THAT?!? Then what does it stack with the weekend sale they've done a couple of time :D ?!?[/QUOTE]

I had never even heard of GOG.com before, but I just used the 20% off code to pick up both Fallout games for $9.58. Not too shabby.

[quote name='Reimu']I still can't put in my Credit Card information if I try to use my student e-mail. It's not working 100%, yet.[/quote]

Sorry, I meant the Amazon Codes. I don't know why that's not working.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Woah, seriously?!? That's crazy. The games start out cheap, then 20% off THAT?!? Then what does it stack with the weekend sale they've done a couple of time :D ?!?[/quote]

I don't know if stacks, but I didn't see any restrictions stated. I bought about $45 worth of games and paid about $36

Glad everything is working now. (still one game per order right? I haven't try otherwise).
Just generated another code to get Rune Factory Frontier from amazon deal of the day.

Can someone please confirm that this works as originally stated once more? Pay for the membership and get every pre-order from Amazon at 10% off for a year, no limit?

If it's good to go, I'm about to sign up, cancel all my pre-orders, and order them again using the codes...

Geez, this is just crazy. Amazon and GOG are already like my favorite stores anyway, and I want to support this ECA anyway... Win win win for me!

And thanks to the persron who explained how to cancel. Sure enough you CAN just do it from the web site.

The irony of course being that I just want the ability to cancel. Now that I can, I'll probably be a member forever :) (Just makes me uncomfortable to have some charge I can't easily get rid of if I wanted to.)

[quote name='Sarrasis']I'm having the same problem. I thought it was just Google Chrome but Firefox is doing the same thing. It seems like it's trying to update the page to input my credit card info but it's not. C'mon... I want to give them my money dangit![/quote]

Won't let me input CC info either, won't work on either IE or Firefox. Guess they don't want my money :roll:

Yeah they need to fire their web team. First the amazon discount issue now I can't give them my billing info and every page comes up as access denied.

So if everything is finally working right, it is safe to assume that it will allow us to generate MULTIPLE codes now? Please give us who have yet to take the plunge one more crucial update...

Just tried signing up, but am getting an "access denied" page every time I attempt to enter my information to get the membership/codes. Did the site go down again for is everyone else having problems too?

I was getting an "Access Denied" page when I went to the members area, shot off an e-mail this morning, and just got a reply that fixed everything. Plus the codes are working fine now as I've placed multiple orders this morning with different codes. If you get an "Access Denied" page, e-mail ECA and they will fix it for you.

Access Denied

Access to this page has been denied.

If you are using a bookmarked page, the page may have been deleted or moved. If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact us regarding the page. Please remember to include the URL.

We thank you for visiting The ECA

Finally got signed up. I haven't tried any amazon codes yet. But I'm wondering... can't you give the codes to someone else to use? They aren't tied to your Amazon account that I can tell. I wonder how long before these start popping up on eBay, forums, etc.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Access Denied

Access to this page has been denied.

If you are using a bookmarked page, the page may have been deleted or moved. If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact us regarding the page. Please remember to include the URL.

We thank you for visiting The ECA[/quote]

to make sure everyone sees this:

YOU HAVE TO USE THE LINK IN YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO BUY THE MEMBERSHIP.

other wise you are caught in some twilight zone between member and nonmember and get that message whenever you click on things.

I'm in! Good cause, and most of the games I buy come from Amazon/GOG, so this is a GREAT deal for me as well. It's nice seeing benefits from something I should have done awhile ago anyway :whistle2:D

[quote name='vherub']do the amazon codes work for points card, digital game downloads or 3rd party sellers?[/quote]
Just tried using a code for a digital download without success, however you can use the code for a tangible pts card without issue. :D

EDIT: Wanted to add a big thanks to the OP for the thread and to Cheapy, amongst other CAGs, who kept us in-the-loop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought my membership too, pretty nice since I buy most of my games from Amazon now. Haven't had any issues with generating my codes and they've all worked fine. Thanks OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back