10% Off Amazon Gaming Purchases and Other Perks with ECA Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
CheapyD update - (The discount codes are presently unique one-time use coupons. Members should download one coupon per game, one game per cart. Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon.)

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hhhdx4']im sure its not but I figure Id ask, It cant be used to get a ds lite can it?[/quote]

software only

[quote name='hhhdx4']im sure its not but I figure Id ask, It cant be used to get a ds lite can it?[/quote]

[quote name='dizee']software only[/quote]

Yep, but it does work on the Rock Band bundles with the game. I just pre-ordered The Beatles Rock Band bundle for $224.xx instead of the $249.99 price so take that as you will.

WHOO! Works!

This 10% discount + Amazon Prime Free Shipping + Amazons already low prices + no taxes means Amazon is the only place I'm going to buy games from for now on.

Not sure if anyone else has had this happen yet but I used a code once earlier today and now whenever I add games to my cart it automatically gives me 10% off. I didn't have to get another code like everyone else is posting about. Guess we're all set then? 8-[

In for one.. awesome deal!

[quote name='Solatso']Not sure if anyone else has had this happen yet but I used a code once earlier today and now whenever I add games to my cart it automatically gives me 10% off. I didn't have to get another code like everyone else is posting about. Guess we're all set then? 8-[[/quote]
Same!

bout damn time....but I can't see this lasting long. It is almost too good to be true. Are codes linked to your account? If so, how?

Couple of days ago I ordered TWEWY for $23 and a couple of books as filler (sub total was $53), my code didn't work so I emailed customer service saying I have this code and is it possible to get 10% off? They emailed me later and said after reviewing my order I was entitled to a $10 refund. So 10% of $23 is $10.

Yeah, seems like after the next code you use, your account becomes flagged(maybe it is email based). Hopefully this is the case and it is not exploitable or it will potentially screw over legit customers.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Yeah, seems like after the next code you use, your account becomes flagged(maybe it is email based). Hopefully this is the case and it is not exploitable or it will potentially screw over legit customers.[/QUOTE]

Didn't happen for me, but then again, the email I use on Amazon is not my school one...

[quote name='newlu']Everything is working fine for me now.
10% + Prime = Win[/QUOTE]

Seriously. It'll be better when the discount kicks in automatically so I can stop creating orders with only one item in it, but then again, I pay for Prime for a reason.

Newegg, BB, everyone just lost a bunch of my business!

Hmmm, unlike others, my code doesn't seem to stick. I have to generate a new code for couple of pre-orders each time. Do they work on multiple games in a single order yet? I should try...

edit: still only work on only 1 game in the cart...

[quote name='wasabi5858']Hmmm, unlike others, my code doesn't seem to stick. I have to generate a new code for couple of pre-orders each time. Do they work on multiple games in a single order yet? I should try...

edit: still only work on only 1 game in the cart...[/QUOTE]

I have the same thing. I'm going to try changing my ECA email to my Amazon since I've paid for the year @ student discount already...

[quote name='prateeko']I have the same thing. I'm going to try changing my ECA email to my Amazon since I've paid for the year @ student discount already...[/QUOTE]

Good question, my Amazon account/Prime/etc isn't on my .edu email address either. Which I guess isn't the end of the world but it would be nice if they were linked.. haven't signed up for the ECA yet waiting to see how all this plays out, if you're able to switch please post...

I can't see this deal lasting particularly long once people really start using it... either that or Amazon really believes in the ECA.. ;)

[quote name='Justin42']Good question, my Amazon account/Prime/etc isn't on my .edu email address either. Which I guess isn't the end of the world but it would be nice if they were linked.. haven't signed up for the ECA yet waiting to see how all this plays out, if you're able to switch please post...

I can't see this deal lasting particularly long once people really start using it... either that or Amazon really believes in the ECA.. ;)[/QUOTE]
Didn't work and I think Amazon stays on. Either they get a tax write off for supporting a non-profit or they're going to see a solid influx of extra revenue from this. Hell, I know I'll be spending quite a bit more there now since I'll be less likely to wait for real price drops since I'll have a 10% off to go anytime...

Nice perk. Only issue is the one game per cart business. I buy several games at once, usually. It costs them more to ship them individually (with FSSS), so their loss. Guess they'll figure it out sooner or later.

In less than an hour, already paid off half the membership lol.

[quote name='bywaytm']to make sure everyone sees this:

YOU HAVE TO USE THE LINK IN YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO BUY THE MEMBERSHIP.

other wise you are caught in some twilight zone between member and nonmember and get that message whenever you click on things.[/QUOTE]

This still doesn't work for me. There's no link to a payment section in my confiormation email. It takes me to a confirmation page, that takes me to the main webpage.

just joined :)

i now will have a huge backlog of games come late may/early june. pre-ordered most of the stuff i wanted for the next two months

[quote name='Solatso']Not sure if anyone else has had this happen yet but I used a code once earlier today and now whenever I add games to my cart it automatically gives me 10% off. I didn't have to get another code like everyone else is posting about. Guess we're all set then? 8-[[/quote]

Are you sure you didn't enter multiple codes at an earlier time? When I first tried buying multiple items at once, I put in a couple codes to see if that would give me the discount on everything. Seeing it didn't work, I stopped that order. The next time I added something to my cart, it remembered the previous code and automatically applied it. That may be what is happening to you.

[quote name='Vader582']Just tried using a code for a digital download without success, however you can use the code for a tangible pts card without issue. :D

EDIT: Wanted to add a big thanks to the OP for the thread and to Cheapy, amongst other CAGs, who kept us in-the-loop.[/QUOTE]

thanks for checking, also doesn't work for 3rd party sellers or amazon marketplace.

Also, on the ECA forums, the direct2drive and gog codes may move to multiple use format in the future if the affiliates decide the program is a success.

This amazon discount is an awesome perk, it would be a shame if this ever gets abused and discontinued.

[quote name='newlu']Everything is working fine for me now.
10% + Prime = Win[/QUOTE]

No kidding! :applause:\\:D/

I'm getting Batman: Arkham Asylum for $47.xx shipped now instead of $52.99. That's just awesome! Plus Cross Edge for $42.xx and SMT: DS2 for $33.xx shipped as well. How do you beat that? Amazon will now be my primary source for buying games.

On another note, I originally bought a gutted copy of FFXI from GS for $16.23. In fear of someone stealing the CD key (even though it was behind the counter) I looked on Amazon for a better deal, and wouldn't you know it? Amazon had it for $17.99 new and sealed and with the discount, brought it to $16.19 shipped. So I paid a whole 4 cents less to get a brand new and sealed copy instead of a gutted copy. Went back to GS and got my money back. Employee simply didn't believe that I got it for less than what they were selling it for lol. :applause::bouncy:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']This still doesn't work for me. There's no link to a payment section in my confiormation email. It takes me to a confirmation page, that takes me to the main webpage.[/quote]

Here is how it is supposed to go:
1) Enter name address and email and take survey and submit
2) Receive confirmation email with a one time use link.
3) Click on link provided in email to finish signing up. The link should take you back to the site and the "confirmation page" should have a form to enter your payment information and become an official member.

[quote name='bywaytm']Here is how it is supposed to go:
3) Click on link provided in email to finish signing up. The link should take you back to the site and the "confirmation page" should have a form to enter your payment information and become an official member.[/quote]

That's exactly how it worked for me, too.

Thanks, OP!

Have a friend that's just getting $5 off of games now instead of 10% off. Anyone else having this issue? I activated a code that I've yet to use so I'm not able to check my cart. Nvm, he figured it out.

[quote name='lilboo']So the coupons for Amazon are unlimited? If so, I will def join this.[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes they are.

I can not WAIT for the next deal of the day that I want. Oh man, I have a bad feeling I'm going to need to do Prime for a THIRD year :D

can you apply the code to an order already placed?

I have quite a few games preordered from them showing up in my gold box and I don't want to have to cancel and just wait for them to appear again before being able to get the 10% additional off

also my prime runs out next month and I can't afford to renew right now :whistle2:(

[quote name='buckythekat']can you apply the code to an order already placed?

I have quite a few games preordered from them showing up in my gold box and I don't want to have to cancel and just wait for them to appear again before being able to get the 10% additional off

also my prime runs out next month and I can't afford to renew right now :whistle2:([/quote]

No, you have to re-order. %10 is still better than 5%. Can we get a mod to update the OP as there is a bunch of new information and none of it is reflected there?

I've gotta say, this is an awesome perk that I hope doesn't get discontinued. I preordered a copy of Knights in the Nightmare for the DS for $27.89 2-day shipped (thanks to this and my Prime membership) and also snagged a copy of The Dark Spire for $25.19. So I of course haven't had the membership pay for itself yet, but it's certainly off to a good start at this point! :)

[quote name='jacknicklson']No, you have to re-order. %10 is still better than 5%. Can we get a mod to update the OP as there is a bunch of new information and none of it is reflected there?[/quote]

hmm I'll have to consider this when I get more money

need to save up to renew Prime, $79 a year still seems worth it :D just don't have $79 at the moment :whistle2:(

Thanks to the OP for posting this! I canceled and re-placed all of my current pre-orders. Say goodbye to sales tax. Cross Edge for $46.31? Hell yes.

[quote name='bywaytm']Here is how it is supposed to go:
3) Click on link provided in email to finish signing up. The link should take you back to the site and the "confirmation page" should have a form to enter your payment information and become an official member.[/QUOTE]

Step three is where it breaks down. I do get a confirmation page which reads...

"Subscription Confirmed

Thank you for signing up for our nightly newsletter. The ECA Today is an exclusive member benefit and is intended solely for active members as a means of information dissemination. Again, thanks and welcome!

Edit: Nevermind, i got it. I had to resend my validation link from my account.
The ECA Today Newsletter, powered by the Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA) "

But there is no form or other link on theconfirmation page. The only link takes me back to the main webpage.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Step three is where it breaks down. I do get a confirmation page which reads...

"Subscription Confirmed

Thank you for signing up for our nightly newsletter. The ECA Today is an exclusive member benefit and is intended solely for active members as a means of information dissemination. Again, thanks and welcome!

The ECA Today Newsletter, powered by the Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA) "But there is no form or other link on theconfirmation page. The only link takes me back to the main webpage.[/quote]

I am a bit confused about your edit so I will assume your still having a problem with step 3 and I think I know what it is.

You should get two emails if you sign up for the email.

You are using the link from the wrong email!

The link you have been using (the wrong one to use) is from sender: ECA Newsletter

Subject: ECA Today - The Newsletter of the Entertainment Consumers Association: please confirm your address

the link you need to use to sign up is from sender: info ([email protected])

Subject: Account details for XXXX at Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA)

XXXX being the username you used to sign up. You need to use the link in that email to pay for the membership and finish signing up.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Step three is where it breaks down. I do get a confirmation page which reads...

"Subscription Confirmed

The ECA Today Newsletter, powered by the Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA) "

But there is no form or other link on theconfirmation page. The only link takes me back to the main webpage.[/quote]I, too, had to ask for a re-send on my validation e-mail. The first one only confirmed me for their newsletter; clicking the link in it never brought me to a payment page, something that the resent validation e-mail did. After that it was smooth sailing and I've already used a couple Amazon codes. :D

[quote name='KongaKing']Is this a year-to-date when you buy it (aka good til april 21st 2010) or til Dec 31st 2009?[/QUOTE]

It's a full year from the date you join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back