$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Save $10 on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only. PS Vita only.
In store only.

$24.99 Mass Effect 3 for PC
Save $5. Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Save $5 on Any Nintendo Selects Wii Game
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Get $10 off MLB 12: The Show for PS Vita
Step up to the plate and get ready for MLB 12: The Show. The fall classic is back and better than ever on the PlayStation Vita. For a limited time, members get $10 off.
In store only.

Offers expire 01/19/2013, in-store only!

You must "claim offer" on the MyRZ.com website or Best Buy smartphone app for the discount to show up. No need to print the coupon out. If done correctly a prompt should come up on the cashier's screen to accept the package discount.

*Offer(s) might be different depending on, if you are GC Unlocked, or GC Regular. All offers I post will be based on GC Unlocked since I am a GC Unlocked member*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stingermck']Same problems as everyone else with the Resistance Coupon. By the time the manager tried 10 different combinations he took $30 off manually. $10 out the door. Score![/QUOTE]

Damn lol.

[quote name='Stingermck']Same problems as everyone else with the Resistance Coupon. By the time the manager tried 10 different combinations he took $30 off manually. $10 out the door. Score![/QUOTE]

Nice. I had the same problems but the manager was nice about it, and rang it up for $20 for me. I had to go in and get it today cause they only had a few copies.
So are all 3 of these games worth $20? Cause frankly, from what I've heard and what I've played from the demoes, they aren't. I really don't have much interest in the online multiplayer either, whenever I want to play a FPS online I usually just go for Gotham City Imposters, Goldeneye, Doom 3, or one of a thousand other online FPS's I have. I am thinking of just returning it or gifting it to someone.

God of War for $20 is great. I got GoW saga during the B2G1 sale in October, is there any chance in Hell I can exchange that for another $40 game (say the Ezio Trilogy) and rebuy with the coupon? I do have the reciept.

[quote name='XxLady_AthenaxX']Wow... so I'm literally gonna have to pop into every Best Buy I run across over here in the hopes of spotting the Resistance Collection. So that's about 3, and I already physically tried 1, to no avail.

For anyone that has actually found it, where exactly did you notice it? The 2 BB's closeby are a complete mess, and the one closest to me has the smallest PS3 shelf I've ever seen in any store... ever.[/QUOTE]

I actually couldn't find either of the collections. I had to ask an employee who had to pull me a copy of each from the back.

Last edited:
[quote name='Donut2922']Thanks for sharing your story. Do you have another BB around you? Even though you were right, i would have just given up after 10 minutes tops and tried elsewhere. BB was totally in the wrong here but you should have realized after 30 min. it was a lost cause and anything beyond that point was you just wasting your time that you could have avoided. There's not a lot of B&M retailers that offer gaming deals beyond BB.[/QUOTE]

I know it was a lost cause and I was wasting my time, but how this manager handled himself was with so much disrespect towards me, I was willing to stay on the phone just to see if they could clear the issue up and show I was in the right.

I have posted this issue on the Best Buy community page and sent an email to support. I have also copied The Consumerist.

At this point, I don't even care about the game, I want an apology for how I was treated. If this issue is not resolved, I'd be more than happy to buy the game at full price at another retailer just so Best Buy would never get another penny from me. That may not be the CAG thing to do, but it is what I feel is ethically correct.

This is not the first time Best Buy has handled themselves poorly, but I assure you it will be the last for me.

I grabbed the Resistance Collection today for the sale price. The manager did have to price adjust. He called corporate to find out why the sku's were different. They said no idea. He said they were stupid for not having their shit together and price matched it without issue. Good deal. Now I have two copies of R3 though. Will have to sell one...

[quote name='noise850']I know it was a lost cause and I was wasting my time, but how this manager handled himself was with so much disrespect towards me, I was willing to stay on the phone just to see if they could clear the issue up and show I was in the right.

I have posted this issue on the Best Buy community page and sent an email to support. I have also copied The Consumerist.

At this point, I don't even care about the game, I want an apology for how I was treated. If this issue is not resolved, I'd be more than happy to buy the game at full price at another retailer just so Best Buy would never get another penny from me. That may not be the CAG thing to do, but it is what I feel is ethically correct.

This is not the first time Best Buy has handled themselves poorly, but I assure you it will be the last for me.[/QUOTE]

That's unfortunate, but you should note that it's an issue with your particular store and not the overall chain. I have 2 Best Buy's near my house, one has been there for 20+ years now IIRC and the other opened the weekend the 3DS launched. The old one is a lot like what you described, except they also often fail to match their own ads or honor their own coupons. Most recently, I tried to buy Deux Ex from them during the Summer gaming sale when it was $10, but they refused to let it go for less than $30 or $40 and I ended up just having to get it online :roll:

The new store is the polar opposite though, I've had employees bend over backwards to help me, they hold games for me prior to a sale if it is something I am interested in (El Hoardo is a problem in my area and the staff wants to make sure I'm taken care of :D ),and they've even allowed me to use coupons on PSN game codes when a game I want for sale is unavailable so that I can buy the game digitally. I know not all Best Buy's are like that, but at this point they've been so great to me I rarely buy electronics/games/movies/ect anywhere else if I can help it, and almost always from that store. If they all were like that, on top of their sales like this, I bet Best Buy's financial troubles would be over pretty quickly.

Picked up God of War Saga today, made sense since I have the 1&2 Collection and 3 which I can sell off and now I also get the 2 remastered PSP games and the PS+ voucher. Thanks OP!

[quote name='rcerboss']...If they all were like that, on top of their sales like this, I bet Best Buy's financial troubles would be over pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

I do not doubt that there are well run stores out there who treat their customers well. The problem is that this incident was the first time I had even BEEN to this store. The only reason I went here was to pickup an item out of stock at my local store, which was another hassle altogether.

However, I have had other incidents at Best Buys all over SoCal, including my local store, and also when I lived in Nashville. I am a very patient person who never even asks stores to bend the rules, so this incident is just the last straw in a long-running corporate trend.

The problem I have is that there seems to be a huge disconnect between store managers and corporate in that store managers are allowed to run their store any way they see fit. This is evident by numerous postings made by BB CS reps on their own message board. I have worked retail long ago, and I cannot even imagine how a company of this size thinks this is a good idea.

If the store managers cannot be held accountable to follow policy and good customer service, how can they hope to bring themselves out of the mess they are in? Perhaps having Richard Schulze buy the company back would have been the Best Buy.

Again, I am happy for you that your local store appreciates your business and takes good care of you. Hopefully it will continue.

[quote name='noise850']
The problem I have is that there seems to be a huge disconnect between store managers and corporate in that store managers are allowed to run their store any way they see fit. This is evident by numerous postings made by BB CS reps on their own message board. I have worked retail long ago, and I cannot even imagine how a company of this size thinks this is a good idea.

If the store managers cannot be held accountable to follow policy and good customer service, how can they hope to bring themselves out of the mess they are in? Perhaps having Richard Schulze buy the company back would have been the Best Buy.

Again, I am happy for you that your local store appreciates your business and takes good care of you. Hopefully it will continue.[/QUOTE]

I see, I was unaware that there was this massive disconnect. But I've honestly never worked retail and am really not too familiar with how these chains are run in the first place.

I'd like to check out this message board too, I'm gonna see if I can find it tonight. Should make for an interesting read.

[quote name='noise850']I do not doubt that there are well run stores out there who treat their customers well. The problem is that this incident was the first time I had even BEEN to this store. The only reason I went here was to pickup an item out of stock at my local store, which was another hassle altogether.

However, I have had other incidents at Best Buys all over SoCal, including my local store, and also when I lived in Nashville. I am a very patient person who never even asks stores to bend the rules, so this incident is just the last straw in a long-running corporate trend.

Again, I am happy for you that your local store appreciates your business and takes good care of you. Hopefully it will continue.[/QUOTE]

the problem is yes as you say a disconnect between corporate and local stores. this is evident in a lot big retail stores but then others there doesnt seem to be an issue wal mart for instance just says to hell with it and lets the customer get what they want. i worked for a place before where corporate rules were just terrible i always caught between please the customer or follow rules and piss of customer this was ALWAYS the case.

the problem even in those cases is really two things

1. local employees its always a crapshoot.
2. modern work ethic is just flat out appalling.

really as long as those two points stand corporate policy can be the best thing since sliced bread. and the only way to really fix my two points is to fix society and its hard to fix a society that things it can keep spending while trillions and trillions of dollars in the hole. it just is not possible that and the complete failing school system and crumbling of the family unit arent helping either. in other words as long as society keeps spiraling down the hill of stupidity and narcissism that it seems to love so much i cant really see much best buy could do to fix it at a national level.

[quote name='MiketheBSG']Here's my theory, in visual terms. Here's the "cancelled" SKU:

Notice it appears to place all 3 games in one case. Now, here's what actually was released:

Do you guys agree this is what happened?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they cancelled putting all the games in one box. One of the developers said something about Sony clearing out all their excess stock with these old packages first to get rid of the separate Greatest Hits editions. Once those run out, they will be replaced by the single case version that if I remember correctly, has R:FOM and R2 on the first disc and then R3 on a second disc. But the developer was mainly talking about how it wasn't worth the time and effort to go back to R:FOM and add trophies to it.

Why $30 off? I thought it was only supposed to be $20 off. Was this just him being extra nice for the hassle or am I missing something?

I got the same problem at my Best Buy. The kid at the register mentioned something about different skus. I should have pushed, but I'll try again tomorrow and explain. I really don't want 3 separate boxes though. looks kinda shitty being that 2 of them are the red greatest hits version.

What a hassle! They had 4 copies of resistance. All in the back. Waited for them to bring one out. coupon didn't work. Had to get them to manually input a $20 coupon. 30 minutes to save $20. Only stayed because I had a giftcard. So i didn't spend a dime.

[quote name='xplode427']What a hassle! They had 4 copies of resistance. All in the back. Waited for them to bring one out. coupon didn't work. Had to get them to manually input a $20 coupon. 30 minutes to save $20. Only stayed because I had a giftcard. So i didn't spend a dime.[/QUOTE]

Same here the store manager was so anal about overriding the price so it was $20 had to wait like 20 minutes. Manager only dropped the price after I said I was not going to purchase the Skylanders and Wii U I had in checkout as well. Guess the Wii U was not selling well at that location there was like 30 of them piled up in the middle of the store entrance. Have no interest in the system only purchased it for my nephew.

[quote name='mightymek']I grabbed the Resistance Collection today for the sale price. The manager did have to price adjust. He called corporate to find out why the sku's were different. They said no idea. He said they were stupid for not having their shit together and price matched it without issue. Good deal. Now I have two copies of R3 though. Will have to sell one...[/QUOTE]

I had a copy of R3 too that I just traded into Best Buy for $6.40 with GCU to help pay for the collection (manager had to override too for the $20 off). Pretty much nothing but I had only paid $10 for it previously when they had the coupon for it(all with BB credit anyways).

[quote name='Sion']Same here the store manager was so anal about overriding the price so it was $20 had to wait like 20 minutes. Manager only dropped the price after I said I was not going to purchase the Skylanders and Wii U I had in checkout as well. Guess the Wii U was not selling well at that location there was like 30 of them piled up in the middle of the store entrance. Have no interest in the system only purchased it for my nephew.[/QUOTE]
That's so funny that you mentioned that; I had to use the same tactic with the Killzone Trilogy while waiting for the manager override on the Resistance Collection. Best Buy definitely doesn't want to, and literally cannot afford to, lose more business.

Sometimes you get people that work with you, and other times you get stubborn jackasses. I understand they're just doing their job or whatever, but come on... it's a screw up on BB's end, not the customer's end. The customer just wants their coupon honored.

BTW, kinda off-topic, but can I just say that BB price-matching Amazon and NewEgg is the best thing ever? :applause:

[quote name='gla55jAw']I got the same problem at my Best Buy. The kid at the register mentioned something about different skus. I should have pushed, but I'll try again tomorrow and explain. I really don't want 3 separate boxes though. looks kinda shitty being that 2 of them are the red greatest hits version.[/QUOTE]
It's dissapointing, but not as bad as when I got the GoW collection a couple months back and found vouchers for GoW Origins on PSN instead of the game discs. I had to clean fridge, and those games + the videos that came with them still took almost all the memory I have left. I can't believe a couple of remasterd PSP games were that large. And to add insult to injury, it took 14 hours to download everything!

What really sucks though is that I had also bought a copy of that collection for my friend as his birthday gift, and he has no internet in his apartment (they have wireless, but only in the common area), thus has no way to download the games I paid for :cry:.

Compared to that disappointment, getting 3 separate game boxes isn't a big deal at all.

[quote name='orion1998_1']is the resistance collection 3 sealed games inside?[/QUOTE]
Pretty much, yes. It's just like the Resistance/Uncharted Dual pack but with Resistance 3 thrown in. The back says something about extra content for Resistance 2/3 (I'm assuming some DLC) but I haven't opened it yet to look at it. Anyone got any ideas on what, if any, DLC is included?

After researching the games I think I'll keep them. I am intrigued about the 60 player multiplayer on R2, can anyone tell me if that's still alive at all? Otherwise I doubt I'll barely even touch the multiplayer...

Picked up GoW Saga today. I also saw three copies of the Resistance Collection out on the floor, looks kinda ugly since it's a mash of two greatest hits and R3.

Feels like they went a step back with the Resistance set. One thing I loved about the previous sets is it was all in one case.

Def. going to pick up the GoW saga this week. I still have the Origins collection or whatever with the PSP titles on disc for the PS3, so I thankfully won't have to bother downloading the games from the PSN.

Went to two Best Buys and couldn't find God of War Saga. One of them had it in their inventory, but none on the shelves or in the warehouse. Boo Best Buy! You can't use this online can you?

[quote name='Gosha']Went to two Best Buys and couldn't find God of War Saga. One of them had it in their inventory, but none on the shelves or in the warehouse. Boo Best Buy! You can't use this online can you?[/QUOTE]
All RZ offers are in-store only.

[quote name='htz']All RZ offers are in-store only.[/QUOTE]

Ah dang. I guess I'll just wait for this to get cheap somewhere else down the line, or hope they discount the GOW Saga controller bundles to $40 at some point like the Killzone ones.

visited several stores and only found 1 copy of Resistance collection. it was the 3 case version. might pick it up if it's still there though I'll have to deal with terrible managers there...

got pretty lucky today at the Best Buy in Woodland, CA with purchasing the Skylander's Adventure Starter Kit for PS3. The store was running 50% off clearance games which included the first Skylander's Starter Kit. That stacked with the $25 off RZ coupon. So in the end i walked out with the starter set for $10.XX. I had to get a manger override for the two to stack together so of course YMMV. but i would recommend checking out if your store had the starter sets on clearance.

[quote name='ZiggyGod']has anyone tried this at any of the best buys in south florida?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The store in Boynton Beach price matched this for me without issue. They had them in the back not on the shelves. The manager called corporate first but I doubt he'd have to do that again.

[quote name='mightymek']Yes. The store in Boynton Beach price matched this for me without issue. They had them in the back not on the shelves. The manager called corporate first but I doubt he'd have to do that again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated. :)

[quote name='BoromirsFan']I suppose its worthless getting the collection if you already have 1 and 3?

The trade in values for both are pitiful.[/QUOTE]

Unless you want the cardboard slipbox, there is no point. Especially since you can find 2 for dirt cheap.

I'm getting tempted with the Resistance collection. Does anyone know if the multiplayer is functional anymore or is it completely dead?

I've been trying to get the God of War Saga Collection and Resistance Collection for days now. It's fairly annoying to advertise an in-store sale only, then none of the stores in the area have the games. I was able to find the God of War Saga Collection today, but it did not have the voucher for the Playstation Plus. I looked through, and none of the copies had it so I asked an employee if they had any copies with the voucher he told me that copy had the voucher even though it wasn't listed on the box.

He looked up the Sku online, and it showed that the box comes with a 1 month voucher and that matched the Sku of the box in store so he kept insisting it had it even though it wasn't listed. I brought over the bundle box (PS3 controller + God of War Saga) and showed him that box and how it did list the voucher on there for 1 month of playstation plus.

They absolutely insisted it would have it, despite the fact I kept telling them it wouldn't, and told me if I bought it they would open it in store and let me return it if it didn't have the voucher. So I bought the God of War Collection for $20+tax, and he opens it in front of me and sure enough, it does not have the Playstation Plus voucher. He starts searching all over online, clearly perplexed by this. After about 10 minutes he grabs the controller bundle and says he is going to just apply the coupon to the bundle instead. I was perfectly fine just buying the controller bundle for $40 ($60-$20 coupon), but I tell him that's a nice upsell since I just wanted the game. He calls over a manager and asks to apply the coupon to the controller bundle and when I go to pay, it rings up at $1.70.

I have no clue whatsoever how he came to that price but he just told me I got hooked up and to go with it. He returned the original purchase and applied it as credit towards the controller bundle, then somehow took another $16 off. At the end of it I purchased the PS3 controller with God of War Saga Bundle for about $23.70. Essentially I finally got the as advertised God of War bundle for $20+tax, and a PS3 dual shock Controller thrown in for another $2.

Still no luck on the Resistance Collection though, no Best Buys in my area have it at all. I've visited 2 stores in person, and called every store in the area but I don't feel nearly as bad about it after getting a PS3 Dual Shock Controller and the entire God of War Saga Collection with the Playstation Plus Voucher for $23 and change.

[quote name='Mippo']I've been trying to get the God of War Saga Collection and Resistance Collection for days now. It's fairly annoying to advertise an in-store sale only, then none of the stores in the area have the games. I was able to find the God of War Saga Collection today, but it did not have the voucher for the Playstation Plus. I looked through, and none of the copies had it so I asked an employee if they had any copies with the voucher he told me that copy had the voucher even though it wasn't listed on the box.

He looked up the Sku online, and it showed that the box comes with a 1 month voucher and that matched the Sku of the box in store so he kept insisting it had it even though it wasn't listed. I brought over the bundle box (PS3 controller + God of War Saga) and showed him that box and how it did list the voucher on there for 1 month of playstation plus.

They absolutely insisted it would have it, despite the fact I kept telling them it wouldn't, and told me if I bought it they would open it in store and let me return it if it didn't have the voucher. So I bought the God of War Collection for $20+tax, and he opens it in front of me and sure enough, it does not have the Playstation Plus voucher. He starts searching all over online, clearly perplexed by this. After about 10 minutes he grabs the controller bundle and says he is going to just apply the coupon to the bundle instead. I was perfectly fine just buying the controller bundle for $40 ($60-$20 coupon), but I tell him that's a nice upsell since I just wanted the game. He calls over a manager and asks to apply the coupon to the controller bundle and when I go to pay, it rings up at $1.70.

I have no clue whatsoever how he came to that price but he just told me I got hooked up and to go with it. He returned the original purchase and applied it as credit towards the controller bundle, then somehow took another $16 off. At the end of it I purchased the PS3 controller with God of War Saga Bundle for about $23.70. Essentially I finally got the as advertised God of War bundle for $20+tax, and a PS3 dual shock Controller thrown in for another $2.

Still no luck on the Resistance Collection though, no Best Buys in my area have it at all. I've visited 2 stores in person, and called every store in the area but I don't feel nearly as bad about it after getting a PS3 Dual Shock Controller and the entire God of War Saga Collection with the Playstation Plus Voucher for $23 and change.[/QUOTE]

Pics of receipt?

[quote name='Mippo']I've been trying to get the God of War Saga Collection and Resistance Collection for days now. It's fairly annoying to advertise an in-store sale only, then none of the stores in the area have the games. I was able to find the God of War Saga Collection today, but it did not have the voucher for the Playstation Plus. I looked through, and none of the copies had it so I asked an employee if they had any copies with the voucher he told me that copy had the voucher even though it wasn't listed on the box.

Still no luck on the Resistance Collection though, no Best Buys in my area have it at all. I've visited 2 stores in person, and called every store in the area but I don't feel nearly as bad about it after getting a PS3 Dual Shock Controller and the entire God of War Saga Collection with the Playstation Plus Voucher for $23 and change.[/QUOTE]

That sounds about right.

[quote name='Mippo']I don't see how to upload a picture, maybe I'm just missing it?[/QUOTE]

Just upload to tiny pic or photo bucket. New users cant upload. Forgot about that.

[quote name='Tuxedo38']I'm getting tempted with the Resistance collection. Does anyone know if the multiplayer is functional anymore or is it completely dead?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played R3 online in awhile but from what I've read in the posts in this thread the multiplayer is still active. I haven't even put R2 in my ps3 yet but I would imagine the online in that one is probably a lot less active than R3.

This thread had me spooked but I had no problems in the Best Buy in Tempe, AZ. today. Went in, grabbed one of 4 Resistance Collections they had on the shelf. Rang up no issue, used the mystery certificate & Reward Zone offer and got it for $10.92. Didn't like the R3 demo, but I've been told 1 and 2 are better. For $11, I'm not gonna complain.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: Awesome deal! Yea I noticed that they do include 1 month of playstation plus during their initial release and now they have taken that voucher out.

wait so has the Resistance sku issue been resolved? all the one's I've seen are the 3 games in separate cases but in one single cardboard slip case.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']wait so has the Resistance sku issue been resolved? all the one's I've seen are the 3 games in separate cases but in one single cardboard slip case.[/QUOTE]

Is there a different one than this? This is the one I bought earlier today.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kburns10']Is there a different one that this? This is the one I bought earlier today.[/QUOTE]

there were issues due to the offer having a different sku than what the 3 separate cases in cardboard cover has. people were saying it's because bb expected the actual Resistance Collection to be sent but sony just repacked R1-3 in a box.

were you able to get the $20 to ring up without issue?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']there were issues due to the offer having a different sku than what the 3 separate cases in cardboard cover has. people were saying it's because bb expected the actual Resistance Collection to be sent but sony just repacked R1-3 in a box.

were you able to get the $20 to ring up without issue?[/QUOTE]

Yep no issues. It's the 3 in a box like you mentioned and the computer took it no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back