12+ Days of Anime / Christmas Sale @ RightStuf.com (Extended to 12/23)

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Anime / Christmas Sale @ RightStuf.com

last-12days.jpg

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier – with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we’ll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59 p.m. CST on December 23rd. (No coupon codes are necessary.)

Please note**: K-drama titles from YA Entertainment will ONLY be available at the 12+ Days sale prices until 11:59 p.m CST on December 13th.

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

** EDIT 1: Honey & Clover, Nana, and Ranma 1/2 sets have gone up in price, and placed in the Weekly Specials

DAY 1 - On the first day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...An amnesiac under the tree.

DAY 2 - On the second day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Two crazed otaku.

DAY 3 - On the third day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Three tempestuous tantrums.

DAY 4 - On the fourth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Four hip-hop fighters.

DAY 5 - On the fifth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Five Dragon Slaves!

DAY 6 - On the sixth day of Christmas, Santa Kleckner gave to me... Six meisters slashing.

DAY 7 - On the seventh day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Seven avenging angels.

DAY 8 - On the eighth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Eight missing memories.

DAY 9 - On the ninth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Nine mages training.

DAY 10 - On the tenth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Ten tempting treasures!

DAY 11 - On the eleventh day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...11 maidens strolling.

DAY 12 - On the twelfth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Twelve heroes battling.

DAY 13 - A Bundle of Anime Joy!

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Bargains (Still Ongoing For Now) | ** While Supplies Last!

Everything Else (from Bargain Bins, Weekly Specials,...subjected to change):

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Soma_Cruz'][quote name='Kirin Lemon']Unfortunately, it has stackpack packaging, though it *does* at least offer all the extras from the single-disc releases which were previously stripped from the thinpak release.

Exceedingly mediocre, with a decent soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Unless the brick has changed for reprints, it's not a stackpack.[/QUOTE]
This holiday release was one of the last regular brick releases before the switchover to STACKpaks.

Man, Amazon has had Black Blood Brothers for around that price many a time. I was really hoping for around 15 for that one =(

What makes you want Black Blood Brothers? It was terribly short, like the entire run was a set up for a much larger series that never happened.

[quote name='Darknuke']DBZ and FMA are gateway animes. You'll soon turn to the darkside... lol.

Evangelion is very good. Def recommend it.

Oh and BOO at todays deals. Bunch of garbage...[/QUOTE]
I don't care if they are gateway animes i love em and i have seen quite a few animes and i just don't care for anime like i did years back, i have seen most all mainstream stuff (bleach, naruto etc. and i don't care for those) and i have seen more obscure stuff but i can always pop in a kenshin dvd or FMA/DBZ and enjoy it

evangelion does look like something i would enjoy but should i just buy the new ones? the 1.11 etc? someone told me it's like FMA:B in terms of a reboot but not really, not full of filler etc.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']What's anybody take on The Guyver? Good, bad, shitty??? For the price of the whole series, I'm thinking bout picking it up. :/[/QUOTE]
I've only watched the first two volumes on DVD and honestly a bit slow so far. You can tell a greater story is starting to pan out, but to go through it you have to go through alot of cliche's in story telling (annoying sidekick who doesn't know when to stop and monster of the week). The animation's alright, but I'd suggest it for more of a fan of the series from what I've watched.

[quote name='styl3s']evangelion does look like something i would enjoy but should i just buy the new ones? the 1.11 etc? someone told me it's like FMA:B in terms of a reboot but not really, not full of filler etc.[/QUOTE]

The new movies are excellent, but can only be appreciated fully by being familiar with the original TV series. Plus, the TV series is fucking fantastic.

I'm bummed at these new deals. Only thing remotely interesting is Black Blood Brothers, but even then, it seems a bit too short to be all that good + I can get it on Netflix instant queue.

[quote name='Darknuke']I'm bummed at these new deals. Only thing remotely interesting is Black Blood Brothers, but even then, it seems a bit too short to be all that good + I can get it on Netflix instant queue.[/QUOTE]

The length of Black Blood Brothers is a blessing - if it were any longer, it would be a crime against humanity. Okay, so maybe it's not quite *that* bad, but it's not good either.

Is there a big improvement picture quality from DVD to Blu for the FMA: Movie? I have the DVD, but if it's noticeable improvement I'll step up.

[quote name='Zaku77']In all honesty I enjoyed it more than Hellsing and Trinity Blood >XD[/QUOTE]

That's because the original Hellsing TV series and Trinity Blood are both horrendous. ;)

[quote name='shiny_dante']wooh i didnt even realize there was graphic novel for haibane renmei[/QUOTE]

Wait! Don't buy it! It's not what you think it is. The Haibane Renmei graphic novel listed on Right Stuf is just a collection of screen captures from the anime fitted into book form. This book has nothing to do with the doujinshi that Yoshitoshi ABe created.

This seems like the right deal to pick up some new Anime to get into. Truth is, I don't know too many of them listed or whether they're worth it. >_

[quote name='Antic']This seems like the right deal to pick up some new Anime to get into. Truth is, I don't know too many of them listed or whether they're worth it. >_

Is the Evangelion set a good deal for the series? I watched a bit of it back when Adult Swim first aired it but because of the late timeslot I got behind and never caught up, so I've wanted to watch it for years.

Defo get Evangelion. You NEED to also get teh movie The End Of Evangelion though. It's necessary to really have any amount of closure (and it's still not much lol)

[quote name='Razzuel']Wait! Don't buy it! It's not what you think it is. The Haibane Renmei graphic novel listed on Right Stuf is just a collection of screen captures from the anime fitted into book form. This book has nothing to do with the doujinshi that Yoshitoshi ABe created.[/QUOTE]

hmm thats very disappointing, i was hoping it was the doujishi, like maybe dark horse was rereleasing it or something like they're doing with Cardcaptor Sakura, thanks for the info tho, I already have the anime and dont really need it in book form right now, tho if i randomly see it at a con i'll probably pick it up since i like anything to do with Haibane Renmei or Yoshitoshi ABe in general

[quote name='Cage017']I noticed under Black Friday/Cyber Monday that the entire series Beck is $15. Good blind buy???[/QUOTE]

Extremely, Beck is great.

[quote name='Cage017']I noticed under Black Friday/Cyber Monday that the entire series Beck is $15. Good blind buy???[/QUOTE]

It's $12.99 on Amazon...

I remember when Ranma 1/2 used to go over a $100 for each season on VHS back in the day. Damn I'm getting old for this bullshit lol. Is this all the seasons for Ranma 1/2 and is their any other OVAs/movies for the series. Thinking bout picking it up cause the 90's is calling me back. :) Just looking around for prices of each season, this is really the cheapest you can buy right now. Shit, now I might have to actually snap it up now.

I recommend Gakuen Alice. Really enjoyed that show! Also for the K-Drama fans, My Lovely Sam-Soon is excellent!

And Ranma 1/2 goes without saying. One of the few dubs I can stomach (At least seasons 1-3, since they replaced male Ranma's voice actor afterward).

LOL Ju-On books or "The Grudge" books are on sale... That's pretty funny to me for some reason. I guess it would be because of how "scary" the american remakes are.

Great deal on the Ranma 1/2 sets! Remember getting those for $50+ a few years ago... OUCH!

As far as Rightstuf's Blu-Ray sale... it's a little disappointing. Most (if not all) of their Blu-Ray sale are actually more expensive than what Amazon & Gamestop had them for on a regular "non-sale" day.

Black Blood Brothers = $22.99 (Amazon had it last month for $19.49 )
Samurai Champloo = $32.99 (Gamestop had it a few months ago for $24.99)
Fullmetal Alchemist Movie = $12.99 (Amazon had it all last week for $9.99)
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood 1 = $27.49 (Amazon had it all last week for $16.99)
Trinity Blood = $29.99 (Gamestop had it a few months ago for $24.99)

Is Ranma 1/2 still worth watching?

[quote name='Inunah']AUGH Why does everything have to be so expensive? I can't afford a $6.99 Haibane Renmei manga![/QUOTE]

No! Don't buy it! Didn't you read what I posted on the previous page!?

[quote name='Razzuel']Wait! Don't buy it! It's not what you think it is. The Haibane Renmei graphic novel listed on Right Stuf is just a collection of screen captures from the anime fitted into book form. This book has nothing to do with the doujinshi that Yoshitoshi ABe created.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Razzuel']Is Ranma 1/2 still worth watching?

No! Don't buy it! Didn't you read what I posted on the previous page!?[/QUOTE]

I feel like your recommendation should just go into the OP lol.

[quote name='Razzuel']Is Ranma 1/2 still worth watching?
[/QUOTE]
Yup.

Still makes me laugh to this very day.

Seasons 1 thru 4 are the best of the series.

Season 1 Episode 3 & 4 are one of the funniest Anime TV episodes I've ever seen!

Kuno: "Hello there, Pigtailed Girl."
Doll: *SLAP* "Eeek!"
Kuno: "Hey hey hey, just be quiet and do as you're told!"
Doll: "Y-y-y-yes, master!"
Kuno: "Here I come."
Doll: "Oh no please! Mother!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was thinking of picking up some Ranma but 7 seasons is a lot. From the bits I've seen it seems very episodic so I'm guessing if I picked up a few seasons and then later the rest goes OOP before I complete the series it wouldn't be a huge loss?

[quote name='Razzuel']Is Ranma 1/2 still worth watching?[/quote]

A few years back I had an anime night with my friends and someone brought their collection of Ranma 1/2. I had trouble getting it out of the DVD player.

So, yeah, it is still worth watching. Funny is still funny.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I was thinking of picking up some Ranma but 7 seasons is a lot. From the bits I've seen it seems very episodic so I'm guessing if I picked up a few seasons and then later the rest goes OOP before I complete the series it wouldn't be a huge loss?[/QUOTE]

It is episodic for the most part, so yeah, pick up a few seasons. I think most of it is wash. rinse. repeat.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I was thinking of picking up some Ranma but 7 seasons is a lot. From the bits I've seen it seems very episodic so I'm guessing if I picked up a few seasons and then later the rest goes OOP before I complete the series it wouldn't be a huge loss?[/QUOTE]
Just get Ranma 1/2 Seasons 1, 2, and 3 as a definite safe bet.

Season 4 is good, though some people who watch the Dub version got a little turned off because Sarah Strange (voice actor for Male Ranma) left a few episodes into the 4th Season, and was replaced by Richard Cox (who is also the voice actor for Inu Yasha). But the season still is funny and worthwhile.

Funny thing is, hardly anyone even noticed Female Ranma's voice change early in the 1st Season (from Brigitta Dau) to Venus Terzo aka "Jean Grey in X-Men Evolutions" because she just made it that much better.

Watch the English Dub just because Ted Cole the English voice actor for Tatewaki Kuno is just brilliantly hillarious! Venus Terzo too.

Season 5 is where the comedy feels like it starts repeating itself and basically just introduces newer characters to keep it fresher; I actually held off buying any more after that season (esp when they were still over $50 as a SALE price back then) and have not yet seen Seasons 6 and 7 honestly.

ranma_by_Gabssms.jpg

I would buy these all over again if it came out on Blu-Ray.

Day 11

Ranma is a great anime for the first 3 seasons, and it gets decent in season 4, watchable in season 5, meh in 6 and terrible in season 7. I should probably buy the seasons I'm missing, but I'm already going to be getting the tsubasa collections, and Kenichi season 2

[quote name='Cage017']Does anyone recommend Mushi-shi? First few episodes looked good. Didn't even know there was a live action movie.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the live action film, but the anime is amazing. I would definitely recommend it.

Been wanting to check out Ranma 1/2 and this is the cheapest I've seen it. Picked up the first three seasons (thanks for the recs, it would have bothered me when his voice changes in S4).

[quote name='Rave Child']Would anybody recommend Maria Watches Over Us?[/QUOTE]

It's looks pretty awesome to me, and it generally has great reviews. I've definitely wanted to buy it for some time now.

[quote name='G-Nitro']I'll be getting Maria Watches Over Us bundle. Just gonna see what the final deals are before ordering[/QUOTE]
My first time shopping there, but does Rightstuf usually lower some of their Deal's prices when all the 12 Days of Deals have been revealed?

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']My first time shopping there, but does Rightstuf usually lower some of their Deal's prices when all the 12 Days of Deals have been revealed?[/QUOTE]

Not that I remember, but they normally throw up one more day of deals past the 12th day I believe.

bread's done
Back