1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

@ Battlefield, suko_32 (Marth) d. hero101 (Pit), 2
@ Castle Siege, suko_32 (Meta Knight) d. hero101 (Toon Link), 2

Thanks hero for the matches and if it makes you feel better, I was giving it my all trying to take you down! Also thanks for the games afterwards.

Good games to hero, marc, and icee

I'd say hero is the craziest pit I've seen as well as marc with his pikachu (spamchu..:roll:) and icee's olimar.

After hero and marc left, I had alot of 1on1's with olimar. I always lost. I hate olimar. :cry: Though, that was probably the toughest guy I've ever faced. Could barely touch him, guess I need -alot- more training.

But I do love me some MetaKnight upB!

[quote name='Foo228']Good games to hero, marc, and icee

I'd say hero is the craziest pit I've seen as well as marc with his pikachu (spamchu..:roll:) and icee's olimar.

After hero and marc left, I had alot of 1on1's with olimar. I always lost. I hate olimar. :cry: Though, that was probably the toughest guy I've ever faced. Could barely touch him, guess I need -alot- more training.

But I do love me some MetaKnight upB![/quote]

I'm Icee. That's my regular tag on Brawl, since I used to main the Ice Climbers. Their infinite/chain grabs started to get too complicated for me, so I completely dropped them. I could do them, but just not 100% of the time. :bomb:

GG though, Foo. :D

Thanks. It was beyond me that olimar had ridiculously good grabs and also beyond me on who can beat him BECAUSE HE KEPT KILLING ME!!! lol

[quote name='Foo228']Thanks. It was beyond me that olimar had ridiculously good grabs and also beyond me on who can beat him BECAUSE HE KEPT KILLING ME!!! lol[/quote]

I actually have a lot of bad match-ups with Olimar. Wolf, Peach, R.O.B., Marth, Kirby, maybe Snake and Ness. Metaknight is probably the toughest character for me to beat.

Alright, I do have a question... since the issues of byes were brought up earlier... if a person who takes a bye also has a bye taken out by the opposing player in a different week... the final week they will need to have multiple matches, correct? Just in case that issue arises in the future (hope not, but just in case)

[quote name='dyeknom']Alright, I do have a question... since the issues of byes were brought up earlier... if a person who takes a bye also has a bye taken out by the opposing player in a different week... the final week they will need to have multiple matches, correct? Just in case that issue arises in the future (hope not, but just in case)[/QUOTE]

Before I answer your question, the hosts had to discuss this topic very carefully b/c we wanted a regular commitment from all participants, and also didn't want people to abuse their byes.

I'm going to announce a rule change some time next week regarding byes in the Smash Headlines. Each individual is allowed one bye week, which means that it is possible to have 2 matches in Week 9 (your bye and opponent's bye). If a person cannot commit to their bye, it is an automatic loss for him/her.

This is a notice for my next two opponents, this upcoming Thursday I'm going to Orlando for a Pokemon tournament and will be gone until the following Monday, then that Thursday I will be leaving for Vegas and be gone until the following Monday. Hopefully I only have to use one bye max, but this is just a notice for you guys so you don't disappear on me while I can battle.

[quote name='zerowing']This is a notice for my next two opponents, this upcoming Thursday I'm going to Orlando for a Pokemon tournament and will be gone until the following Monday, then that Thursday I will be leaving for Vegas and be gone until the following Monday. Hopefully I only have to use one bye max, but this is just a notice for you guys so you don't disappear on me while I can battle.[/QUOTE]

You should PM your opponents if you want them to get your notice.

Just posting what days you are unavailable would make it much simpler for them to understand.

[quote name='evergoo']You should PM your opponents if you want them to get your notice.

Just posting what days you are unavailable would make it much simpler for them to understand.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It'd also work to say something like "I'm only going to be able to play between Sunday and Wednesday," or something similar - much more to the point.

I just fired off a PM to Josh, after talking to him once or twice at the beginning of the week and, apparently, with us both forgetting the tournament after that. With any luck, we'll have our match tomorrow so we don't need to use one of our byes. :)

@ Pokémon Stadium 2, Gothic Walrus (Kirby) d. ChibiJosh (Lucas), 1
@ Bridge of Eldin, Gothic Walrus (Kirby) d. ChibiJosh (Lucas), 1

And though they won't count in the stats:
@ Corneria, ChibiJosh (Lucas) d. Gothic Walrus (Kirby), 1
@ Mario Circuit, ChibiJosh (Lucas) was winning against Gothic Walrus (Donkey Kong) until our connection crapped out.

We were pretty evenly matched, and if it wasn't for one or two lucky hits on my part Josh probably would've won the second match. :)

I said it on AIM, but it bears repeating: good games, Josh, and thanks for putting up with my forgetfulness.

Thanks Blue! Did you happen to upload the Snake vs. DK match?

That's the 3 matches I wanted, not the re-do :p.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would've posted, but I'm not entirely sure I know what all this means.
[quote name='Gothic Walrus']@ Pokémon Stadium 2, Gothic Walrus (Kirby) d. ChibiJosh (Lucas), 1[/quote]
I assume the "d" stands for defeats? And, the 1 means he won by 1 (that's an awkward sentence).

They were good games. I hope we can have some more Lucas vs Kirby matches in the future.

[quote name='evergoo']Thanks Blue! Did you happen to upload the Snake vs. DK match?

That's the 3 matches I wanted, not the re-do :p.[/QUOTE]

No, unfortunately the computer fiasco lost everything but the ones I had already edited. I didn't even realize the re-do match was in there until going back and looking at it.

Yeah, thanks a lot for recording the matches, Blue. Evergoo, intense matches! Good luck with the rest of your matches and who knows, maybe we'll play each other again. :)

My opponent hasn't been on since the 7th...and I've PMd him throughout the week!

--
Anyone want to play a couple games relatively soon though?

[quote name='suko_32']Might have to replace Never4ever it looks like.[/quote]

I wonder if someone would apt in last minute though.

[quote name='suko_32']Might have to replace Never4ever it looks like.[/QUOTE]

TIme for somebody to PM JohnnyFoxDarko. :)

At the moment, we have a whopping four matches that didn't happen. Is it safe to assume that those are all byes now?

Since all the matches that are going to be played have been played, its time time to send polls in!

Please PM me your top 15 players based on the matches this week. DO NOT pm evergoo or JoeB1223 your polls as they are not handling the results. I am extending the poll deadline to Wednesday, at 11:59pm PDT. For reference, here's last weeks poll results and the win/loss of the games played:

#3 Mr. Beef @ #14 dallow
The Chop Suey @ #5 Arikado
TimPV3 @ dastly75
#4 maigoyume @ wjhard63
#2 evergoo @ #10 zitanix
#15 AmigoOne @ Ingwe
foltzie @ #1 JoeB1233
#8 Mad D @ zerowing
#6 FallMoon @ #11 Daisydog
Lurk @ buttle
ChibiJosh @ Gothic Walrus
#13 dyeknom @ #9 BlueLobstah
Never4ever @ Foo228
hero101 @ #7 suko_32
eliter1 @ #12 Rig

1. JoeB1223
2. evergoo (L)
3. Mr. Beef
4. maigoyume (W)
5. Arikado (W)
6. FallMoon (W)
7. suko_32 (W)
8. Mad D (L)
9. BlueLobstah (L)
10. zitanix (W)
11. Daisydog (L)
12. Rig
13. dyeknom (W)
14. dallow
15. AmigoOne (L)

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']TIme for somebody to PM JohnnyFoxDarko. :)

At the moment, we have a whopping four matches that didn't happen. Is it safe to assume that those are all byes now?[/quote]
You and me this week no?
:boxing:

And here are the updated Smash Records, with Kill Data. Congrats to the Little Mac Division for completing all of its games.

a1c25bfa1eb5bd90fd28f563bc0af95975ca3c6.png

EDIT: Oops - looks like its been shrunk a little bit. I'll cut and trim and repost soon!

I PM'ed evergoo, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I haven't been able to play eliter1 online. He had power outages the night we were to play, and I haven't heard from him since for a reschedule. :l

Both OPs are updated!

I've taken care of all PMs regarding those who did not have matches.

Joe, what does KS and KA stand for? It's not clicking with me for some reason :whistle2:k.

[quote name='evergoo']
Joe, what does KS and KA stand for? It's not clicking with me for some reason :whistle2:k.[/quote]

KS is your kill total, KA is how many times you've been killed. Correct?

[quote name='dyeknom']KS is your kill total, KA is how many times you've been killed. Correct?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but what does the S and A stand for is my question.

EDIT: Nvm. I think I figured it out. Kills Scored and Kills Against. Am I right Joe?

[quote name='evergoo']Yes, but what does the S and A stand for is my question.

EDIT: Nvm. I think I figured it out. Kills Scored and Kills Against. Am I right Joe?[/QUOTE]

Oh. I thought maybe what they were didnt click. i think you are right as to the acronym though.

Mr. Beef just PM'd me and said he's dropping out. He wishes everyone the best of luck.

That means JohnnyFoxDarko is in. You are taking over his schedule, including Week 1. Please try to arrange a match w/ dallow within the next two weeks. I am making all the schedule changes right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have another spot or 2 available so keep your eyes open, ChaosX and yukine.

[quote name='Rig']I PM'ed evergoo, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I haven't been able to play eliter1 online. He had power outages the night we were to play, and I haven't heard from him since for a reschedule. :l[/QUOTE]

Sucks because I'm supposed to play him next and am waiting for him to be done with his first match.

[quote name='evergoo']And since you CAG Smashers enjoyed the last list so much, here's the Top 3 Worst Road Schedules according to me. Although he didn't make the list, suko_32 has the honor of fighting all of Joe's Mad Goo!!!...on the road. This bad karma is a result of him not personally playing against Joe's Mad Goo!!! in the last tournament.

3. AmigoOne (Ingwe, maigoyume, evergoo, Mad D)
2. Gothic Walrus (dyeknom, zitanix, BlueLobstah, FallMoon)

And slightly edging out #2, the hardest road schedule goes to:
1. foltzie (JoeB1233, JohnnyFoxDarko, suko_32, zitanix)

Sorry, but your schedule 'wins' again, even though Mr. Beef dropped out!
[/QUOTE]

:shock:

I knew it!

Quoted for posterity. Note the "slightly edging out #2" - that part's important. I'd actually give myself the edge since almost all of my road matches are in the second half of the season, I may be a bit biased. :lol:

[quote name='dallow']You and me this week no?
:boxing:[/QUOTE]

It is on. :twoguns:

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']:cool:

I just have to get to that level again.
--and more.[/QUOTE]

Good luck!

I guess I wasn't clear enough in the OPs (green text and Smash Headlines) so I'll elaborate:

We follow matches by the Week Number. Everyone's opponent for this week is under Week 2, not Week 1.

It is the responsibility of the Bye Player to make up the missed game the following week. If he/she does not do so, it will be postponed to Week 9. If the Bye Player fails to do so again in Week 9, the Bye Player will suffer an automatic loss.

In general, it is never the fault of whoever tried to make the most contact with their opponent. We're only penalizing those who are neglecting their season commitment. As I said before, I have PM'd everyone I needed to regarding those who did not comply to the rules as well as those who wanted to join but didn't make the season.

The only exception I see from last week is the JoeB1233/foltzie match. Neither wasted their byes b/c they actually played, but did so before the no-item amendment.

eliter1 and I just played our matches:

@ Smashville, eliter1 (Toon Link) d. Rig (Kirby), 1
@ Bridge of Eldin, eliter1 (Toon Link) d. Rig (Pikachu), 1

And though it doesn't really count:

@ Pictochat, Rig (Kirby) d. eliter1 (Toon Link), 1

Nice comeback in that first match, eliter1. Thought I had you in the first match. Just couldn't escape Link's over-A.

[quote name='Rig']eliter1 and I just played our matches:

@ Smashville, eliter1 (Toon Link) d. Rig (Kirby), 1
@ Bridge of Eldin, eliter1 (Toon Link) d. Rig (Pikachu), 1

And though it doesn't really count:

@ Pictochat, Rig (Kirby) d. eliter1 (Toon Link), 1

Nice comeback in that first match, eliter1. Thought I had you in the first match. Just couldn't escape Link's over-A.[/quote]

I thought you had me too in that first match but I managed to come back. Your pikachu had me work a bit harder.

Hey eliter, I'll PM you match our match details later today when I wake up. Also in case you read this before I PM you, when are you good to play?

yukine,

You're taking over -Never4ever-'s spot. He hasn't been on since the 7th, and Smash is the least of his worries after skimming through some of his blogs.

Please try to take the initiative to arrange a match w/ Foo228 (Week 1) within the next two weeks. You're Week 2 match is still scheduled for this week. I am making all the schedule changes right now.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Joe, what's the official status with you and foltzie?[/QUOTE]

I wanted to offer them the option of a rematch unless foltzie is willing to take the loss as is. Neither player has used their byes since they did abide to the rules at the time.

bread's done
Back