1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

[quote name='evergoo']If you choose to participate in poll rankings (highly encouraged), the player must rank the Top 15 for that week. If you you need help in the decision-making process of ranking, please refer to the Smash Polls, Smash Records, Smash Schedules, and this thread for advice. Ties are allowed in your poll rankings. Lastly, please PM only one Smash Poll to BlueLobstah for his convenience.[/QUOTE]

Essentially, rank who you believe should be the top 15 players in the league. You can use previous smash polls, smash records, schedules, win-loss, etc., most of which can be found in the OP. Format something like this:

1. CAG Username
2. CAG Username
14. CAG Username
15. CAG Username

As long as its in a legible format and contains 15 players, you're set!

PM bluelobstah, with the title "smash poll"

and rank opponents from 1-15

I'll even provide you with a good start ;)

1. Maigoyume

[quote name='maigoyume']PM bluelobstah, with the title "smash poll"

and rank opponents from 1-15

I'll even provide you with a good start ;)

1. Maigoyume
15.[/quote]

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Thanks :lol::lol::lol::lol:

@ Smashville, Arikado (Falco) d. yukine (Ike), 2
@ Battlefield, Arikado (Falco) d. yukine (Ike), 3

Very nice spike you had that first match yukine. I went for something risky and you made me pay for it. I'd stick around for some more matches, but I've got homework to do.

Good games, and good luck the rest of the season!

I think I am giving up on Pikachu. He's been my main since the original, but I just can't seem to win with him anymore. (And I don't want to resort to spamming all the time.)

Darn, my prediction was wrong Blue. Sorry for doubting you, lol.

And Rig, spamming t-jolts is part of Pikachu's game. It helps him rack up damage as well as force opponents to approach.

@ Final Destination, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. Dastly75 (Toon Link), 3
@ Final Destination, Maigoyume (Lucas) d. Dastly75 (Lucario), 3

GG's to dastly, let me know if you ever want to practice and good luck in the rest of the tourney :)

Yeah went pretty much as expected. Good games anyways.
bonus info round 3:
@ Final Destination, Maigoyume(Lucario) d. Dastly75(Sheik/Zelda), 2

[quote name='evergoo']Darn, my prediction was wrong Blue. Sorry for doubting you, lol.

And Rig, spamming t-jolts is part of Pikachu's game. It helps him rack up damage as well as force opponents to approach.[/quote]

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, you need to spam neutral B and use down B a lot more.
That's Pika's bread and butter.[/quote]

Yeah, I understand it. Just not a fan of playing that way, I guess. He still does pretty well for me in FFA's, where there's lots going on. I suppose he can be kept around for that.

I'm kind of with Rig, just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Not much skill involved in spamming b other than timing. ;)

My thoughts on the match:

As soon as I saw he pulled Pikachu out for the third match, I realized something. For my recording setup, I need to split off the connection as the TV tuner card I am using has a natural 1-2 second delay, obviously not a good idea for recording gameplay. Due to such, I split off the video but not the sound, as the sound has a noticeable degradation when split, so I usually play recorded matches without sound.

I realized that without being able to hear Pikachu's cues, I had a distinct disadvantage all of a sudden, especially with most of Pikachu's thunder moves. If Rig had done several more down+b, I would have certainly been caught up in them and he would have had a much easier time defeating me.

Here's the official results for JoeB's likings:

@ Smashville, Rig (Kirby), d. BlueLobstah (Olimar), 1
@ Battlefield, BlueLobstah (Olimar), d. Rig (Kirby), 1
@ Pictochat, BlueLobstah (Olimar), d. Rig (Pikachu), 2

It's time for the Week 3 polls! Poll participation is unfortunately down again to only 9 ballots. Thanks to Arikado, BlueLobstah, Daisydog, eliter1, evergoo, maigoyume, Rig, suko_32, and yukine for sending your polls in.

Lets talk about the results first. It would appear that the results have wildly changed this week, and I do speculate that its due to those who are sending in their votes has completely changed this week with some new comers voting, in addition to a lot of regular voters not sending in their votes.

Week 3 CAG Poll & Rankings

Player (1st Place Votes) / Record / Previous Ranking

1. Arikado (2) (3-0) 3
  2. JoeB1223 (2) (2-0) 2
  3. FallMoon (5) (1-0) 1
  4. maigoyume (3-0) 4
  5. suko_32 (3-0) 5
  6. zitanix (2-0) 5
  7. evergoo (2-1) 7
  8. Mad D (1-2) 8
  9. Daisydog (1-2) 9
  10. zerowing (2-0) 9
  11. The Chop Suey (2-1) 14
  12. BlueLobstah (1-2) 11
  13. dallow (3-0) 13
  14. Rig (2-1) NR
  15. dyeknom (1-2) 12

Others receiving votes:
Foo228, JohnnyFoxDarko, Ingwe, Lurk, eliter1, hero101, Gothic Walrus.

Dropped from rankings:
Ingwe 15

Week 3 has proved to be just as interesting this week with Arikado and Fallmoon trading spots for a new leader this week! Is it due to new votes + regular voters not voting? Is it due to FallMoon and JoeB's games being no-show? If anything can be gathered from this, it shows that CAGs can't agree. There are several losing schedules ranked in the single digits (Mad D, Daisydog) while an undefeated player can't seem to catch a break; or gain any votes (dallow). BlueLobstah's first win causes him to drop a spot, while Ingwe's first loss causes him to drop out of the rankings completely. What a crazy week its been!

Schedule Strength Preview

Midway through the season, schedule strengths will begin to take affect on the polls, and may help or hurt a player depending on how tough their opponents are. This week, I am going to focus on the toughest and weakest conferences in the season. Who has the most difficult opponent schedule, and who has the weakest?

Here are the conferences in order of their overall schedule rankings:

1. Mr. Resetti (foltzie, JoeB, Mad D, zerowing, suko_32)
  2. Knuckle Joe (JohnnyFoxDarko, dallow, The Chop Suey, Arikado, yukine)
  3. Little Mac (evergoo, zitanix, AmigoOne, Ingwe, hero101)
  4. Lakitu (TimPV3, dastly75, maigoyume, wjhard63, Foo228)
  5. Nintendog (FallMoon, Daisydog, Lurk, buttle, eliter1)
  6. Tingle (ChibiJosh, Gothic Walrus, dyeknom, BlueLobstah, Rig)

The Mr. Resetti division wins by far by having the top 3 toughest schedules in the season, with the lowest schedule ranked at 13. Unfortunately for the Tingle division and everyone in it, the lowest ranked schedule helps bring them to the last spot, with the highest ranking schedule at 15.

See you again next week for more exciting polls and results!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually for the previous rankings, some of them are off because some of us were tied. It's not really a big deal though. Also, zerowing hasn't been on CAG since 8-21 >_<

He must be busy.

[quote name='suko_32']Actually for the previous rankings, some of them are off because some of us were tied. It's not really a big deal though. Also, zerowing hasn't been on CAG since 8-21 >_<

He must be busy.[/QUOTE]

Oops. Thanks for catching that. Ties in the rankings always throw me off.

Blue, I'm sorry for not voting. I was distracted by Fire Emblem last night. I'll be sure to prepare for next week's poll. Sowwy!

[quote name='JoeB1233']Blue, I'm sorry for not voting. I was distracted by Fire Emblem last night. I'll be sure to prepare for next week's poll. Sowwy![/quote]Many nights I've lost to that game.

Eliter1

i don't know if you've been checking your pms or not. but are you up for our match today?

Ooohh Kado is big time now, rank #1.

Sorry Blue I didn't send in my vote I was probably distracted sitting around doing nothing.

[quote name='Mad D']Ooohh Kado is big time now, rank #1.

Sorry Blue I didn't send in my vote I was probably distracted sitting around doing nothing.[/QUOTE]

Did you put that tag? I just now noticed that you have been #8 in every poll. :lol:

I forgot to vote too. Sorry about that, I've been uncharacteristically busy. Work ends this week for me, so I'll have plenty of time to play and vote for the rest of the season.

[quote name='zitanix']Where am I going? I don't know what stages we're playing on. =P[/quote]

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll get on that. It wasn't really a literal challenge. :)

EDIT: Actually, if you're ready, I'd love to play you tonight. What say you?

Joe, Mad D, maigo, Blue, or anyone else besides zitanix and suko:

I'm up for some one-on-ones. I need to warmup before my match.

EDIT: I'm hopping on right now! Sorry, busy updating OPs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm not sure when I'll be able to fight, my internet has been total ass and shows no signs of letting up. I contacted my ISP and they said they would get out here as soon as possible, but the last time they said that they never showed, so I might be in the hunt for a new ISP. I'm posting this from my local library where I obviously cannot brawl, I'm hoping maybe I can stop by a friends house and use his Wii and internet, but he's currently away in New York. So I currently have no timetable on when I will be able to brawl =/.

[quote name='zerowing']Yeah I'm not sure when I'll be able to fight, my internet has been total ass and shows no signs of letting up. I contacted my ISP and they said they would get out here as soon as possible, but the last time they said that they never showed, so I might be in the hunt for a new ISP. I'm posting this from my local library where I obviously cannot brawl, I'm hoping maybe I can stop by a friends house and use his Wii and internet, but he's currently away in New York. So I currently have no timetable on when I will be able to brawl =/.[/QUOTE]

Ah I see. Thanks for the update and hope it gets resolved!

[quote name='evergoo']I'm ready when you're ready foltzie.[/QUOTE]

@ Final Destination, evergoo (R.O.B.) d. foltzie (Snake), 3
@ Port Town Aero Dive, evergoo (R.O.B.) d. foltzie (Snake), 1
@ WarioWare, Inc, evergoo (Pikachu) d. foltzie (Snake), 1

I'm sensing a pattern here.

GGs foltzie. Those F-Zero machines were deadly...to both of us.

To my future opponents, I don't mind sticking around for some more matches regardless of who wins or loses. It just makes me sad that I can only get at most 3 matches with some players. I wanted to do Snake dittos. :whistle2:(

EDIT: Whoops, you beat me! I'll take away my results. BTW, the last match was Pikachu, not R.O.B. :p

[quote name='evergoo']

Since we're almost halfway through the season, Week 4's list will focus on the Top 3 Highest Ranked First Half Schedules. To determine this, I have decided to take the ranking average of all players' opponents. A rank of #1 = 1 pt, #2 = 2 pts, ... , Not Ranked = 16 pts. I will revise this list once Week 3's Smash Polls are in but here is the preliminary list. Note: Week 4's opponents will use Week 2's Smash Polls rankings for now.

3. Daisydog, tied - 9.75 ranking avg, 39 pts total (FallMoon, JoeB1233, Gothic Walrus, Lurk)
3. dastly75, tied - 9.75 ranking avg, 39 pts total (TimPV3, zitanix, dallow, maigoyume)
3. Mad D, tied - 9.75 ranking avg, 39 pts total (zerowing, Lurk, suko_32, JoeB1233)
2. zitanix - 9.0 ranking avg, 36 pts total (evergoo, dastly75, JoeB1233, AmigoOne)
1. foltzie - 4.75 ranking avg, 19 pts total (JoeB1233, FallMoon, zerowing, evergoo)

[quote name='evergoo']GGs foltzie. Those F-Zero machines were deadly...to both of us.

To my future opponents, I don't mind sticking around for some more matches regardless of who wins or loses. It just makes me sad that I can only get at most 3 matches with some players. I wanted to do Snake dittos. :whistle2:(

EDIT: Whoops, you beat me! I'll take away my results. BTW, the last match was Pikachu, not R.O.B. :p[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that I was in a bit of a hurry. Fixed the results. Personally I love the F-zero stage, it adds some flavor.

[quote name='dallow']Dallow and ChopSuey match for saturday.

Can't wait to go 4-0 and not move up in the rankings! ;)[/QUOTE]

If you beat The Chop Suey, you'll move up...but not by much.

If you beat Joe next week, though, you'll skyrocket!

[quote name='dallow']Alrighty, guess I'll beat Joe then. :)[/quote]
Joe fought your mentor, the sith lord, so I'm sure he knows what you're capable of.

[quote name='hero101']Joe fought your mentor, the sith lord, so I'm sure he knows what you're capable of.[/quote]
Oh snap!:bomb:

LOL! Man, the whole of Joe's Mad Goo!!! is being hated on in the tags section! Check it out:

marc spams
joeb sucks
mad d #8 for life

I giggle.

EDIT: Oh man, I just noticed the "he does spam" tag. Poor Marc! I don't care if you spam or not - you're still a great player!

[quote name='evergoo']Who DARE put "marc spams" as one of the tags?! :evil:[/quote]
Who did that? :whistle2:#

I'm totally against the Joe sucks tag. :bomb:

buggers. nicely done eliter1. i couldn't believe that fall off with the ice climbers. i blame the lag. or at least, my inexperience with it. anyway, you were definitely better either way.

here are the results.

@mario circuit, eliter1 (toon link) buttle (captain olimar) 2
@battlefield, eliter 1 (toon link) buttle (ice climbers) 2
and for "fun"
@ final destination, eliter1 (ike) buttle (pikachu) 1

@ Mario Circuit, eliter1 (Toon Link) d. buttle (Olimar), 2
@ Battle Field, eliter1 (Toon Link) d. buttle (Ice Climbers), 2
@ Final Destination, eliter1 (Ike) d. buttle (Pikachu), 1

[quote name='buttle']buggers. nicely done eliter1. i couldn't believe that fall off with the ice climbers. i blame the lag. or at least, my inexperience with it. anyway, you were definitely better either way.[/quote]

Yeah that first fall was a little surprising. There was definitely some lag but nothing like the lag I had my previous match so that was good. Good games and Good Luck on the rest of the Smash Season:applause:

and the results are in:
match1 Battlefield v2 Ingwe(King D3) vs Hero(Toon Link) Hero win 1 life left
Match2 Final Dest. Ingwe(D3) vs Hero(Lucas) Ingwe win with 1life left
match3 Battlefield v2 Ingwe(D3) vs Hero(Toon Link) Ingwe win with 1 life left

bread's done
Back