20% Off eshop, Xbox, Facebook, iTunes cards @ Family Dollar 3/20-3/27

Went to my local Best Buy during lunch. The floor manager matched it on 4 $50 cards for me.    Life is good right now. lol

Oh crap that's right, totally forgot about price matching the deal! I'm guessing it'll be YMMV since some stores don't PM cards
I think the YMMV part will be the "percentage off" caveat of the deal. Many stores/employees won't price match a percentage off deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would the "Reg. Price and Sale Price" under the percentage help at all or would it be the same situation?
That's why I had the floor manager look up the ad online and see the price range. Then the floor manager instructed the cashier to do it. I have found with Best Buy, just start at the top and let them tell the sales people what to do.

Went to the closest Family Dollar. There was the card rack with a (cheaply printed paper) sign that said "20% off". Next to it was another (even more cheaply printed, crumpled up) sign that said "Cash, Checks, or Debit only". I picked up a couple of $20 eShop cards and took them to the register. The cashier told me I needed to pay in cash. I showed her the sign and she said her manager told her "cash only."

Guess I'll try Best Buy tomorrow. Any advice? Do I need a physical advert or can I just show them the website or something?

I went to BB afterwards and thought about trying that. But the flyer at Family Dollar didn't have it listed.
http://www.familydollar.com/weekly-ads

I just found it in the weekly ad. There are two weekly ads, one called "Weekly Ad" and one called "In Store Flyer". You have to make sure it's the weekly ad for 3/20 to 3/27. The listing is on page 4. The ad is a little hard to see but you can see Mario and also the Xbox logo there on the right side. I'm saving the PDF and will present it to the people at Best Buy for a price match.

And you guys sound like a bunch of whiners who have lived a sheltered life instead of dealing with people in the real world. This is a store that sells many items found in all grocers. Put on your big boy pants and get the deal.
Was thinking the same exact thing. Either the "I felt like I was going to get mugged lol" joke got stale real fast or it's sad how scared people are of going to a convenience store.

I was conflicted as to getting Quantum Break before this, as I want it digital for the free PC version, but the Prime discount was a better deal; this gives me the best of both world. Will probably stock up on a few. Disappointing that places are rejecting credit card, so I may try to price match at another store first. For those who do go, I recommend the rebranded Girl Scout cookies, as you can get Samoas and Peanut Butter Patties for half the price, and they are literally the same exact cookie.

No xbox physical cards at my store , only the digital they scan at the register. I bought 5 15$ cards and payed cash no problems. The 20% discount is pretty solid and even more so if you utilize game sharing , which I do.

Okay tried at three FD stores and all worked for me, They all had issues with the 50 dollar xbox live, It did not show in their system, 25/15 worked perfectly.. I ended up getting three 25 dollar ones for 60 retail on them was 75 before this sale, So saved 15 dollars, Going to do so again tomorrow :)..

Read the issues above, most workers are dumb as a box of rock's, Is why I guide them since I worked for them many moon 's ago, They have a key ring with all the gift card's attached to them if they ask you how to do it, tell them to grab the ring and look for the one that says Xbox live on it, And since the 50 is not working in their pc systems I suggest do the 25 bucks one, Also btw no tax you will pay 20.00

Did anyone notice what the card they scanned for Xbox said on it?  When I went, it said "Xbox Live," and that didn't work, even though it was a $15 code.  Maybe there is another SKU?

And you guys sound like a bunch of whiners who have lived a sheltered life instead of dealing with people in the real world. This is a store that sells many items found in all grocers. Put on your big boy pants and get the deal.
This. Family Dollar has great prices on canned goods and hair care products, y'all. Getting pomade, chili, and eshop credit cheap in one trip, what's not to love?

Went to Inglewood store and they have everything in stock but will only accept cash. Total BS as I want to get my discover cash back points. Had to go to the one on Slauson and they only have $50 iTunes cards and no eshop cards.

Had some minor issues with getting 6x $25 codes, as the guy at the register tried scanning the $25 purchase UPCs from a big ring of codes for all of their digital products and had it not take the discount off of the $25 price.

He dug around a bit and found a much smaller group of codes on a different set of cards on a ring, most of which seemed to be XBL GCs. He scanned one of the $25 codes and it rang up as $20. Rung up the other five and they were all $20 each.

Just redeemed all six codes, no issues with any of them redeeming.
Was this the Family Dollar by the old HomeTown Buffet in south County?

Also did you have to pay cash?

Was this the Family Dollar by the old HomeTown Buffet in south County?

Also did you have to pay cash?
That would be the very one I went to. I didn't have to pay cash, used my debit card without any issue.

The trick was as I stated, the cashier had to use the small set of UPC cards on a ring, those worked to knock the $25 cards down to $20. The big huge set of UPC cards, which included their pre-paid phone cards and other ones, those Xbox gift card UPCs didn't knock them down to the 20% off price.

Since other people said they had issues with the $50 cards, that's why I went with 6 x $25 instead of 3 x $50.

Tried one last time at the Family Dollar I tried yesterday. Ended back over that way. Manager said it must be physical card and they are out. I asked if their little flip book had any of the 3 skus listed on sign. No must be physical card and pointed at the card on the sign.

Went to CVS after that and they have $10 coupon if you buy $50 in XBox live cards. Which is all I wanted and works out to 20% off. Just have to use the coupon before it expires on 4/21/2016.

Just a heads up if anyone else only wants $50 in credit and would use $10 back later. Not good on milk, prescriptions and a few other things.

http://www.cvs.com/weeklyad/browse/browse-home.jsp#Detail/76500

Stopped by one near work on the way home.  They only had $20 and $35 variants of Nintendo cards.   And looking at the printed out sign that others mentioned, it only had discount prices listed for $15 (12), $20 (16), $25 (20), and $50 (40) variants for all of the brands.   So the other denominations aside from those 4 might not be ringing up properly.   I just grabbed 5 of the $20 eshop cards and didn't bother trying the $35 ones.

Everything rang up fine but it took about 10 seconds between cards for it to phone authenticate.  The cashier tried to scan the next one too fast before the first was done and mucked things up.  Had to have a manager come over and show some patience to get all 5 rang up and authenticated.

Entered them in my 3DS.  All is good.  $100 for $80.

Went to one in the city area. Grabbed a bunch of Nintendo eShop credit.. Well over $100. Of course, I get some dirty looks from the people behind me, and the cashiers like "You're going to buy all of these?!". I'm thinking in my head while he's ringing me out "No, of course not.. I mean, that's why I brought all these cards to the counter.. Just so I could buy a couple of them, out of the bunch I'm holding in my hand...". Hilarious.

Don't give me dirty looks, and don't try and be funny with me for buying something I like. I'm a grown ass man that works hard, and works hard for his money all the same. What I do with my money is my business. Why look at me all funny for that? Whatever. I got my credit at 20% off. I'm satisfied. Hopefully, Best Buy does the 20% off cards again the future, as I'd rather avoid having to visit Family Dollar anytime soon...

Stopped by one near work on the way home. They only had $20 and $35 variants of Nintendo cards. And looking at the printed out sign that others mentioned, it only had discount prices listed for $15 (12), $20 (16), $25 (20), and $50 (40) variants for all of the brands. So the other denominations aside from those 4 might not be ringing up properly. I just grabbed 5 of the $20 eshop cards and didn't bother trying the $35 ones.

Everything rang up fine but it took about 10 seconds between cards for it to phone authenticate. The cashier tried to scan the next one too fast before the first was done and mucked things up. Had to have a manager come over and show some patience to get all 5 rang up and authenticated.

Entered them in my 3DS. All is good. $100 for $80.
Yeah, it took around 10-15 seconds for each one to activate as well, at the store I went too. If you don't mind me asking, were you asked to provide ID while checking out? I bought over $100 in eShop credit, and the guy said he needed to see my ID. I found this odd. I'm 32 and look like I'm in my early to mid 20's. I wonder why he needed it...

The $25 one worked, not the $50. About to get fallout4 deluxe. W/ the MS sale on XB1 it comes out to a few dollars more than the dlc priced now. Gonna rake the sale for the others i been waiting on now that digital are on sale.

I had my Family Dollar adventure after work today.  I went to one that was down the road from where I work in a great part of town.  At that one, all the Xbox cards had been bought off the rack, and when I asked the girl at the register if she could sell me codes instead, she ran to the storeroom, came back after a few minutes and said, "My manager say she don't know nothing about no codes."  So, I left, went to a different one in a worse part of town, and they only had the codes.  The girl at the register called the manager who scanned the $25 card on the Xbox keyring twice to sell me two $25 codes for $20 each.  Everything went swimmingly until a random woman who had been standing in the front of the store started following me to my car, yelling, "Young man, young man!"  Apparently, she was out there begging, and I didn't say anything, just showing her my empty hands, and then she turned around and started bothering someone else.  The codes were on the receipts, which were in my jacket, so I guess she assumed that I didn't have anything to give her.  I will probably go back to that store by the end of the week in my hoodie and jeans instead of my work clothes to buy $40 more in codes. 

Something doesn't add up there. "Great part of town" and a triple-negative just seem contradictory.
In this case, great part of town = not on the bus line = no chance of beggars loitering outside the store all day. I can't comment on the associate's improper use of grammar.

Went to one in the city area. Grabbed a bunch of Nintendo eShop credit.. Well over $100. Of course, I get some dirty looks from the people behind me, and the cashiers like "You're going to buy all of these?!". I'm thinking in my head while he's ringing me out "No, of course not.. I mean, that's why I brought all these cards to the counter.. Just so I could buy a couple of them, out of the bunch I'm holding in my hand...". Hilarious.

Don't give me dirty looks, and don't try and be funny with me for buying something I like. I'm a grown ass man that works hard, and works hard for his money all the same. What I do with my money is my business. Why look at me all funny for that? Whatever. I got my credit at 20% off. I'm satisfied. Hopefully, Best Buy does the 20% off cards again the future, as I'd rather avoid having to visit Family Dollar anytime soon...
Next time, remind the cashier that he/she works at Family Dollar

I think we've got one (LOL, just checked their site, and we have 5). If it's where I think it is, it's just a few minutes away, with a plasma donation place attached to the side. It's such a sketchy-looking establishment.

This could go swimmingly with the Xbox Spring Sale though, if they bother to have a decent deal or two during it.
That layout sounds a little too familiar to be coincidence - are you in central IL?

Just went to my local FD at break-time, the super nice cashier/manager there jumped through a ton of hoops to get this to work for me (after calling corporate for me yesterday, who still hadn't took care of bidness as of this morning). Anyway, like others have stated the main group of cards with the scan codes would not work. She then did a sku search on the ones listed on their sale sign - these pulled up at the right price - score! Right?

Not so fast. When she tried to check it out from the search it told her she still had to have the bar code to scan. I told her this was probably because each card/code had to be individually activated remotely with MS and that made since.

Finally she searched through all the rest of the drawers, finding 3 more sets of Xbox digital sku scan cards, and the last set she found finally worked - but only the $25 and $15. So if you have a similar situation unfold if you try this, just skip the $50 denomination altogether. The 2 sku she searched for were 2100901 ($25) and 2100897 ($15). Hope this helps somebody.

That layout sounds a little too familiar to be coincidence - are you in central IL?

Just went to my local FD at break-time, the super nice cashier/manager there jumped through a ton of hoops to get this to work for me (after calling corporate for me yesterday, who still hadn't took care of bidness as of this morning). Anyway, like others have stated the main group of cards with the scan codes would not work. She then did a sku search on the ones listed on their sale sign - these pulled up at the right price - score! Right?

Not so fast. When she tried to check it out from the search it told her she still had to have the bar code to scan. I told her this was probably because each card/code had to be individually activated remotely with MS and that made since.

Finally she searched through all the rest of the drawers, finding 3 more sets of Xbox digital sku scan cards, and the last set she found finally worked - but only the $25 and $15. So if you have a similar situation unfold if you try this, just skip the $50 denomination altogether. The 2 sku she searched for were 2100901 ($25) and 2100897 ($15). Hope this helps somebody.
Yep, Springfield. Is that where you went for this? Also, that might be coincidence. I kind of just expect sketchy establishments to surround all of these places.

Just got back from Best Buy. Happy to report they price matched without much fuss. All I had to do was show them the advertisement PDF and point out the deal. I did have to stand around a couple of minutes while they got "manager approval", but I walked out with $40 in eShop credit for $32. The purchase also counts towards Best Buy points, which is nice. I believe it'll be 64 points (32 x 2 because of GCU).

Yep, Springfield. Is that where you went for this? Also, that might be coincidence. I kind of just expect sketchy establishments to surround all of these places.
Nope, this was in Virden - about 30 minutes south.

Just got back from Best Buy. Happy to report they price matched without much fuss. All I had to do was show them the advertisement PDF and point out the deal. I did have to stand around a couple of minutes while they got "manager approval", but I walked out with $40 in eShop credit for $32. The purchase also counts towards Best Buy points, which is nice. I believe it'll be 64 points (32 x 2 because of GCU).
Were there beggars at Best Buy?

Were there beggars at Best Buy?
It was a safe, clean shopping trip. I spent a couple of minutes looking at the new Samsung S7. Amazing screen on that thing. The S7 Edge seems like a waste of money though. The side swipe touch button feature is useless. I'll just put shortcuts on pages. It would take the same amount of taps and swipes to get to the same shortcuts.

To be fair, the Family Dollar area I visited wasn't super nice, but I've seen worse. Nothing sketchy was going on. If they would have taken my debit/credit card I would have just purchased the eShop cards there a couple of days ago and saved myself an extra trip.

What pdf did you show them?

Edit- nvm it's on the front page. Cool! I'll give it a try sometime later

Tried a store in one area yesterday. They had no clue what I was talking about, did not even have the prepaid cards. Tried another today, and was in and out in less than 5 min.

Went to one the ones near me and picked up a $25 Microsoft points card and  a Nintendo Eshop $20 card. They only had one Nintendo card left and a few Microsoft. It was no problem really it took a moment to authorize but they rang with discount no problem. I may try again for a $50 Microsoft card.

The Microsoft points do print out receipt paper. The Nintendo card is the card itself.

It's YMMV but the 25 dollar Xbox cards at Best Buy do not require a manager override going down to 20. So might have good luck with those.

Couldn't price match at best buy and the family dollar on chapman is out of everything except 35 dollar eshop. Didn't bother. Will wait for best buy

Went to Best Buy and wasn't able to price match it up front so I decided to go to the register in the back by the TVs and got it price matched after jumping through a few hoops that were completely my fault (my phone died and I wanted to use a digital GC so I had to charge it for 20 minutes for it to turn on since HTC hates me, which for some reason caused my phone's settings to reset)

Got a $35 and $50 and no override needed! Just bought Hyrule Warriors Legends and waiting for Bravely Second to drop to spend the rest! I might go back to get another $10 for the Resident Evil games on sale

Price matched this at Target with no questions asked. Apparently Target has a policy though that you can only PM one item from the electronics with no duplications, so I ended up with a $15, $25, and $50 Xbox GCs for $72 total. Might go to my local family dollar to get more, hard to pass up 20% off anything.

bread's done
Back