20% off PSN coupon in ‘What’s New’ weekly email YMMV

Email arrived literally as I picked up my phone after reading this.

And one with the PS4 Pro? Damn, need to look through the docs again, I just upgraded today.
We're supposed to get something with the PS4 Pro? I just bought one and added my account to it, but I haven't seen anything in email or through the console. I never receive promotional emails from Sony even though I've signed up for them a half-dozen times.

We're supposed to get something with the PS4 Pro? I just bought one and added my account to it, but I haven't seen anything in email or through the console. I never receive promotional emails from Sony even though I've signed up for them a half-dozen times.
I got the email code, but I've been getting those. I don't think the Pro itself has that 20% off code anymore (besides it expires in February anyways as I understand), I looked through and could not find one in the PS4 Pro I just got last week. I'm surprised they don't put in a new code though, that seems to be a really cheap bonus to toss in that gets people to spend more money directly with Sony - especially since they seem to just give them away anyways.

I got the email code, but I've been getting those. I don't think the Pro itself has that 20% off code anymore (besides it expires in February anyways as I understand), I looked through and could not find one in the PS4 Pro I just got last week. I'm surprised they don't put in a new code though, that seems to be a really cheap bonus to toss in that gets people to spend more money directly with Sony - especially since they seem to just give them away anyways.
Thanks for the info.

I just spoke with a Sony Live Chat rep and they said I had notification preferences turned off. I sent her a screen capture that I took of them being on from moments before we began chatting. She said, "Yeah I just turned them on, so that's what you're seeing." I said, "Yeah I took this before you and I began chatting."

Unprompted from me, she said she would be giving me a voucher for my trouble, but then a short time later she said she couldn't because, "The system automatically generates them." Okay. I'll just continue to remember why MS customer service kicks PSN's teeth in. Disappointing since I spend a LOT of money on PSN.

I spoke to chat as well. They said the codes are completely random to even people who do subscribe to the letters. I hope I'm not the only one who got an email, but it had no code inside. :/

Thanks for the info.

I just spoke with a Sony Live Chat rep and they said I had notification preferences turned off. I sent her a screen capture that I took of them being on from moments before we began chatting. She said, "Yeah I just turned them on, so that's what you're seeing." I said, "Yeah I took this before you and I began chatting."

Unprompted from me, she said she would be giving me a voucher for my trouble, but then a short time later she said she couldn't because, "The system automatically generates them." Okay. I'll just continue to remember why MS customer service kicks PSN's teeth in. Disappointing since I spend a LOT of money on PSN.
I had to file a BBB complaint because they never sent me a voucher they claimed I should have gotten but could no longer give me. They caved very quickly.

Damn, as usual I didn't get a code. What the hell's up with this?

Really wanted to try Naruto Legacy, but even at $40 that's a bit much. A nice 20% coupon would have gone a long way 

Does anyone know if this 20% code works on pre-order? I'm eyeing Secret of Mana and Moss, both slated to come out in 2018, but available for pre-order.

EDIT: nevermind. Found the answer.  "Some exclusions apply, including but not limited to PS Plus memberships, subscriptions, game pre-orders, PS Now content, Spotify subscription on PlayStation Music, and rental video content. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody got a code they'd be willing to give me? Also willing to trade a key for a working code.

Keys I have (all PC keys are for Steam)

Affordable Space Adventures - Wii U
Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas - PC
Gone Home With Soundtrack - PC
Skullgirls - PC
Hatoful Boyfriend - PC
The Fall - Wii U
OlliOlli - 3DS or Wii U
Steamworld Dig - 3DS or Wii U
Saturday Morning RPG - PC
Dragon Age Origins - PC
Torchlight 2 - PC
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs - PC
Jazzpunk - PC
Darksiders - PC
Papo & Yo- PC
Organ Trail: Director's Cut Steam key - PC

Anybody not using their code for whatever reason I have a $5 Amazon code I can trade. There's a couple games I want and I know it's not much but figured it's better than simply begging lol

Regardless of the code, do people actually get the newsletter each week?  I can't even get that and I have made several accounts from different IP's to test over the months.

Regardless of the code, do people actually get the newsletter each week? I can't even get that and I have made several accounts from different IP's to test over the months.
I still get them on Wednesdays and random times but they don't seem to send the Friday one to me anymore, it's really annoying and there's no reason it should have stopped.

I still get them on Wednesdays and random times but they don't seem to send the Friday one to me anymore, it's really annoying and there's no reason it should have stopped.
I don't get anything from them anymore. I've had my PSN account for years and active PS+ all the time. I have no idea why they would stop sending advertisement newsletters to people. This whole thing is weird. I don't know anyone who gets anything from them anymore.

i have a code i decided i wont be using.. if anyone would like, theres an hour left of the sale !!

good luck

I have gotten the Wednesday and Friday emails for what seems like forever and have gotten the coupon code every time there has been one. I'm only saying that because I don't think it's random at all like some Sony reps have been telling people, but seemingly very difficult to be opted in properly. Not sure how I got on all the right lists.

Have a full cart, and would love a spare code.  I see some people using them on a single game and it hurts my cag soul. 

Does anyone by chance have the email address these emails are sent from?  I want to whitelist it to see if I can actually get them lol

I used my 20% code on the new week2 game sales! Maxed out a full cart purchase of $175! That with sale prices is superb deal on digital games!

Add me to the list of "have not gotten an email other that the "thank you" emails, or "Sign up for our credit card" since the old "Playstation Underground Days. That was what 2006?

i have a code. been waiting for bloodborne dlc to go on sale for like a year and it never does. this will take it from 20 down to 16 .  if anyone wants to offer me a 5 dollar coupon or credit where we could both benefit feel free to shoot me a pm 

I'm only going to be saving about $6 so if someone wants to match that with Amazon or Paypal they can use my code to save more on a larger order. Just PM me if interested.

Gone

bread's done
Back