20% off PSN coupon in ‘What’s New’ weekly email YMMV

i gave my code's away yesterday to some cool cag bros .. i can't see how anyone would charge for a code. Don't be so corny

We're supposed to get something with the PS4 Pro? I just bought one and added my account to it, but I haven't seen anything in email or through the console. I never receive promotional emails from Sony even though I've signed up for them a half-dozen times.

I got the email code, but I've been getting those. I don't think the Pro itself has that 20% off code anymore (besides it expires in February anyways as I understand), I looked through and could not find one in the PS4 Pro I just got last week. I'm surprised they don't put in a new code though, that seems to be a really cheap bonus to toss in that gets people to spend more money directly with Sony - especially since they seem to just give them away anyways.
I just bought a PS4 Pro and it came with a multipage booklet that contained the 20% off code at the bottom of one of the last pages.

But despite having had this PSN ID for years and being a Plus member since inception, I have never received the promotional emails folks are talking about, setting has always been enabled in my Notification settings. Bummer

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time I got a newsletter was sometime in 2015.  Haven't received anything since.  I went through checked all of my email settings, nothing was being blocked.  Checked my PSN account, I'm signed up for marketing materials ect., hell I even changed the email over to a different email address temporary and back to see if that might trigger something.  Apparently it did not as I didn't even get the holiday theme one.

FLASH sale is live on psn, got 20percent off coupon :) 5$ amazon gfit card if anyone wants it :D i already have what i want from BF so not buying anything...

I just bought a PS4 Pro and it came with a multipage booklet that contained the 20% off code at the bottom of one of the last pages.

But despite having had this PSN ID for years and being a Plus member since inception, I have never received the promotional emails folks are talking about, setting has always been enabled in my Notification settings. Bummer
Thanks for the tip, but yeah it is apparently no longer in there. It came with a laminated brochure (only thing other than the standard Quick Start/tech info docs), and had no codes or anything - just a free month for Vue and Plus I think (you just have to log in to get them, no codes).

That's a shame on the emails for you, I know no one likes spam, but Sony only sends a few out a week so maybe you opted out at some point? The emails I get are always from "Playstation Store".

Now I'm signed up, lol. With the great sales going on, I would have bought a thing or five I've had my eye on.

If someone has one they don't plan to use, I'll ask (in Oliver Twist voice): "Please sir... may I have a code?"

I really wish i got these emails. I'm signed up and everything but still never get them.

If anyone is in the Holiday Spirit and isn't using theirs then I'd very much appreciate a code via PM.

I just traded $5 amazon for a code but could use one more. Anyone with a spare trade for $5 amazon?
keep in mind you can only use the same type of 20% code or even 20% off code period every so weeks or months, it'll say you already redeemed a discount code or something like that. unless they changed it

keep in mind you can only use the same type of 20% code or even 20% off code period every so weeks or months, it'll say you already redeemed a discount code or something like that. unless they changed it
Thanks just found this out trying to trade someone else :/

Just wondering how old everyone's accounts are. I signed in PS2 Era and was part of PS Underground. I get the codes. Wonder if this is a factor

Now I'm signed up, lol. With the great sales going on, I would have bought a thing or five I've had my eye on. Hopefully next year...
You probably still won't get them...lol. Anyway, if anyone is feeling like Santa Claus, I could give an unwanted code a home. :D

You average a post per year. Stick to lurking.
No I am good thanks, I have a better idea though why don't you mind your business.

also, thank you to the person that was nice enough to send me a code for no charge.

No I am good thanks, I have a better idea though why don't you mind your business.

also, thank you to the person that was nice enough to send me a code for no charge.
You posted in a public forum. How about you contribute to the site, rather than lurk for 6 years.

Any extra codes? i want to buy Setsuna , its been on all the best game of the year award lists and the topic of the game it's very interesting.

Pleaseeee !! :(

thank you to the person that was nice enough to send me a code for no charge.
You posted in a public forum. How about you contribute to the site, rather than lurk for 6 years.
I've been posting a bunch lately, but all I got was a holiday theme code which plays "Deck the Halls, fa-la-la-la-la" in a music box style, looping ad infinitum. Still, I'm grateful for it (thank you to the kind individual who sent it to me), but it's no 20% off code.

If anybody has a 20% code they are willing to part with, I have these PSN codes for trade:

-Strider (for either PS4 or PS3)

-The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, Red Faction, Super Dungeon Bros., Deponia, and ArcaniA: The Complete Tale - one code will get you all these games on PS4

I have plenty of positive trade feedback. Send me a PM please!

Bought a PS4 Pro and not gonna use the code, anymore wants to trade for a $5 Amazon or PayPal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone has another code available or for sale, I'm interested! Only a few days left before it's invalid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 20% code from a new pro purchase awhile ago. It expires on the 31st, so if anyone wants it, make me an offer, otherwise I will trash it in a week.

I just want to give a big THANK YOU to Raiborg :bow: :bow: :bow:

Gave me a 20%off code out of nowhere.  I didn't expect it, I wasn't asking for it, but I sure do appreciate it.  Thanks to him I picked up the following,

All WWE2k18 DLC - How I hate how they carve up the dlc every year, but I need em for some awesome Omega vs Okada CAWs.

Hellblade - Still hoping for a physical release but I've been dying to play this and couldn't pass it up.

Bush Hockey League - Formerly Old Time Hockey aka Drunken Canadian Fight Simulator :beer: :lol:

Screw it, I fold. I'll pay $5 PayPal for a working 20% off code. I'm tired of being so fucking cheap all the time.

Has anyone had any problems redeeming a code? I was finally going to use it on some PSVR games, but the code says invalid. If I was to go through Sony's support, what are the odds this gets resolved, especially before the 26th when the sale ends?

Has anyone had any problems redeeming a code? I was finally going to use it on some PSVR games, but the code says invalid. If I was to go through Sony's support, what are the odds this gets resolved, especially before the 26th when the sale ends?
positive you typed it all correctly? troubleshooting 101....

positive you typed it all correctly? troubleshooting 101....
Ha, my kind of troubleshooting!

But yes, I copied and pasted the code on the PC store, and then typed it in the console store as well. I contacted Sony and they're supposed to send out an email where I submit my email for proof, but I'm still waiting on that. With the holidays coming, I can assume I'm out of luck haha.

Ha, my kind of troubleshooting!

But yes, I copied and pasted the code on the PC store, and then typed it in the console store as well. I contacted Sony and they're supposed to send out an email where I submit my email for proof, but I'm still waiting on that. With the holidays coming, I can assume I'm out of luck haha.
Have you used another 20% code recently? I know that's the message you'll get if you have but I have no idea what the timeframe is that they make you wait to use another.

Just wanted the 20% to save $3 on the Horizon Zero Dawn DLC, but I see it's trading for $5 so I can give up on that idea. Folks in Europe got the DLC for free even :(

bread's done
Back