$20 off Select titles in launch issue of @GAMER magazine (Best Buy) Just Dance Sale

nixmahn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Just got the launch issue in the mail b/c I'm a Rewards Zone member.

Includes Best Buy $20 and $15 off coupons for

$20 off
Halo3 ODST:360:
Bioshock 2:360::ps3::pc:
Skate 3:360::ps3:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11:360::ps3::wii:
2010 Fifa World Tour South Africa:360::ps3::wii:

$15 off
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands:360::ps3:
Just Dance:wii:
AC2 :pc:

good for 6/24-7/31, Best Buy only

prices as of 7/26/10

:360: Halo ODST>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)
:360::ps3: Bioshock 2>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)
:pc: Bioshock 2>>>>>$29.99 (w/coupon-$9.99)
:360::ps3: Skate 3>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:360::ps3: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:wii:2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)

:360::ps3: Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$24.99)
:wii: Just Dance>>>>>$29.99 (w/coupon-$14.99)
:pc: Assassin's Creed 2>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$24.99) ------------------------> GOOGLE DRM issues before buying

CAG's reporting they have not received a free copy. I use my RZ a lot for the deals and preordered Madden 11 a few days ago (they asked for my address and everything). It was my 1st preorder and thought it was standard procedure.

https://www.atgamermagazine.com/?h=488

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evildeadjedi']Maybe this magazine won't be so useless anymore.[/QUOTE]

That's gotta be why they changed it-- no one was going to subscribe if the coupons were useless...

I bought the magazine but a week later I received one for free... I bought the mag for FIFA south Africa in the beginning of the months they had the game for $40 and I had a gc for accumulating points for $10 I ended up paying like 16$ for FIFA.. Sweet deal!

[quote name='gavilan_562']I bought the magazine but a week later I received one for free... I bought the mag for FIFA south Africa in the beginning of the months they had the game for $40 and I had a gc for accumulating points for $10 I ended up paying like 16$ for FIFA.. Sweet deal![/QUOTE]

Nice... I wish BB would PM World Cup for $40 (GS sale) AND take the $20 coupon. From earlier posts it sounds like getting a PM + coupon is extremely unlikely. Would love to pick up World Cup for $20 + tax...

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']Can someone post the coupon online? That would be amazing!![/QUOTE]

No one is going to do it, go buy one.

I am debating on Skate 3...I did enjoy the demo tho. I picked up POP today for $15 with no issues...plus the cashier gave me my coupon back!

[quote name='msriflegirl']I am debating on Skate 3...I did enjoy the demo tho. I picked up POP today for $15 with no issues...plus the cashier gave me my coupon back![/QUOTE]

lucky you. get another copy and trade in for $20 at gamestop from the madden promo since you still got your old coupon lol. they are supposed to keep them and write void on them.

Got Skate 3 and PoP for $35. Had no trouble using the coupons. I got the magazine free in the mail. I may subscribe.

I can forgive the mag for sucking when i'm saving $75 on games. Makes it even nicer that they got them working now towards games on sale. I MAY subscribe if they put coupons in each issue...

[quote name='jazzman']Thanks to the CAG who posted the coupon scans. Printed them in color and walked out with Skate 3 and PoP for $38.[/QUOTE]
does the Final Fantasy coupon and Skate $20 off coupon work on PoP? if so, I shall go back tomorrow and buy POP. if anyone can reply quickly, I can go back today.

[quote name='jazzman']Thanks to the CAG who posted the coupon scans. Printed them in color and walked out with Skate 3 and PoP for $38.[/QUOTE]

know where I can find such coupon?

*forehead slap* I picked up PoP no trouble today, but it looks like I'm going back tomorrow, because I totally forgot about the Skate 3 coupon.

[quote name='icarusmight']Yea, I may actually subscribe now.[/QUOTE]

I might as well if the coupons are decent in the next issue. It certainly won't be for the magazine itself...some of the most half-assed reviews I've ever read.

Halo 3 odst and bioshock 2 are showing up as 39.99 this week.
With this being the last week to use the coupons, anyone going to pick up either?

[quote name='ninjabenja']Halo 3 odst and bioshock 2 are showing up as 39.99 this week.
With this being the last week to use the coupons, anyone going to pick up either?[/QUOTE]

Already did over 2 weeks ago. Thanks!

[quote name='Rickyricc']Well I was goin 2 pick up skate 3 today for $20 but it seems that it's back to $59.99 again..
Just my luck..[/QUOTE]

It was on sale since last sunday @ 39.99 new sales came out today and it went back up to $59.99. You had a week to get in on the deal sorry!

[quote name='ninjabenja']Halo 3 odst and bioshock 2 are showing up as 39.99 this week.
With this being the last week to use the coupons, anyone going to pick up either?[/QUOTE]

They've both been $39.99 for awhile, but I decided to grab ODST since I just got a $10 rewards zone coupon. Even so, I'm sort of on the fence about spending $10 on it since it's basically Halo 3 Multiplayer and a mediocre campaign and lacks matchmaking for the new 4 player mode. Plus Reach is getting so close and, imo, the multiplayer is infinitely better and more fun.

I just got my free issue in the mail on Saturday. Which is a week before the coupons expire. Gee, thanks BestBuy. They always send mailings late to me, so I get 10% off coupons after the fact, yet they claim its USPS, not them. Funny, everything else arrives in a timely manner.......

[quote name='2nahelper']I just got my free issue in the mail on Saturday. Which is a week before the coupons expire. Gee, thanks BestBuy. They always send mailings late to me, so I get 10% off coupons after the fact, yet they claim its USPS, not them. Funny, everything else arrives in a timely manner.......[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad, I still haven't received mine.......

[quote name='2nahelper']I just got my free issue in the mail on Saturday. Which is a week before the coupons expire. Gee, thanks BestBuy. They always send mailings late to me, so I get 10% off coupons after the fact, yet they claim its USPS, not them. Funny, everything else arrives in a timely manner.......[/QUOTE]

I always get the coupons late too, but my BB credit card bill shows up like clockwork every month.

Anybody get Just Dance for the Wii for $15 yet? My wife and kids want this and $15 doesn't seem to bad.

I picked up Prince of Persia this weekend for $15 after coupon. After a few hours' gameplay, I'd say it was a worthwhile investment, although from a character/storytelling viewpoint, I'm really starting to miss Elika.

[quote name='MikePWV']I can forgive the mag for sucking when i'm saving $75 on games. Makes it even nicer that they got them working now towards games on sale. I MAY subscribe if they put coupons in each issue...[/QUOTE]

There will be coupons in each issue. And issue 2 will have $130 of coupons in it.

I have a feeling the coupons won't be as good for the 2nd issue. They probably just wanted to build some hype and get people to subscribe. I hope I'm wrong :)

I'm just waiting for them to double up coupons on a $40 game and make it free. Before you say no way, this is BB we're talking about. . .

[quote name='Jodou']I'm just waiting for them to double up coupons on a $40 game and make it free. Before you say no way, this is BB we're talking about. . .[/QUOTE]

ssshhhh, I think @gamer and bb employee/reps are lurking

[quote name='Dysheekie']I have a feeling the coupons won't be as good for the 2nd issue. They probably just wanted to build some hype and get people to subscribe. I hope I'm wrong :)[/QUOTE]
I think so too. The coupon initially didn't work well on the sale items (PoP and Skate 3). Then they fixed it on purpose, probably in an attempt to entice more people to subscribe.

It's like: Wow, I can get Pop for $15 and Skate for $20 with the coupons from the magazine, I'm gonna subscribe now in a heartbeat. Otherwise, it's like: Screw BB and their @gamer crap, I'm not paying shit for a subscription with useless coupons. LOL.

All in all I used a couple of the coupons
-$15 Wii Just Dance ($14.99 AC)
-$15 PS3 Pop FS ($14.99 AC)
-$20 PS3 Skate 3 ($19.99 AC)

It was definitely worth it this month, but unless they have coupons like that every months (which I doubt they will) then I don't think it'll be too worth it. I figure the first month they were going to load it full of coupons and every other month there will be 2-3 coupons, but I guess we'll see. Do the new magazines hit the shelves on Sunday?

not sure about sunday but dude you can sub. for 20 bones a year. I mean if you save 20 bones its like you get the mag for free. How can you say you have to save like 60 bones a month for it to be worth it? If a coupon comes out to save 20 bones on a game im going to buy anyway its like i get the mag for free.

I paid no attention to how many bones it cost to sign up for the subscription. Regardless of how many bones it costs it might not be worth that number of bones if they don't keep up this kind of savings. I didn't exactly save 60 bones this month as if I didn't have the coupons I would not have spent the money. The coupons just put the games at the right price point to justify me buying the games for that many bones. For only 20 bones a year though I probably do stand a good chance of returning that investment. If they increased the volume on the coupons that might push me over the top to spend the 20 bones on it...I do not like how they restricted it to 1 copy per coupon.

How many Boreanazes will it cost for a year subscription? Are there any deals that might save me some Boreanazes?

20 a year is steep seeing as i only bit on the recent gaming mags cause they were 5/yr. Now that i'd easily subscribe for, but 20 a year? Sorry but the mag is only good for about a 30 min read at best, and as the above guy said, most of these games wouldnt be bought at all until they reached a certain price, these coupons just saved some people time.

[quote name='converse']I paid no attention to how many bones it cost to sign up for the subscription. Regardless of how many bones it costs it might not be worth that number of bones if they don't keep up this kind of savings. I didn't exactly save 60 bones this month as if I didn't have the coupons I would not have spent the money. The coupons just put the games at the right price point to justify me buying the games for that many bones. For only 20 bones a year though I probably do stand a good chance of returning that investment. If they increased the volume on the coupons that might push me over the top to spend the 20 bones on it...I do not like how they restricted it to 1 copy per coupon.[/QUOTE]

There are enough bones in this post to make a skeleton

[quote name='brauma']20 a year is steep seeing as i only bit on the recent gaming mags cause they were 5/yr. Now that i'd easily subscribe for, but 20 a year? Sorry but the mag is only good for about a 30 min read at best, and as the above guy said, most of these games wouldnt be bought at all until they reached a certain price, these coupons just saved some people time.[/QUOTE]

Time is money my friend. Not only forget that this is 10 Issues a year. Next will be Aug 29

If the next issue is out Aug 29 that is another strike against it if you ask me. You go 29 days without any of the coupons being valid. They should have extended the coupons through the end of August if it doesn't come out for that long. There are just too many drawbacks to this mag to make it worthwhile right now. I suspect I'll buy two in the next year for $12 total and save the 8 bones (hopefully you guys got the last post).

a big part of the problem with this mag is that it is produced by best buy. when you read a magazine, you expect at least an attempt at it being neutral and coming from an unbiased position. with this rag, buying it is like paying for a catalog in the hope that it might include some decent cojupons down the road.

[quote name='typical guy']a big part of the problem with this mag is that it is produced by best buy. when you read a magazine, you expect at least an attempt at it being neutral and coming from an unbiased position. with this rag, buying it is like paying for a catalog in the hope that it might include some decent cojupons down the road.[/QUOTE]
Isn't that the name of a Pokemon in the French language version? :lol:

[quote name='typical guy']a big part of the problem with this mag is that it is produced by best buy. when you read a magazine, you expect at least an attempt at it being neutral and coming from an unbiased position. with this rag, buying it is like paying for a catalog in the hope that it might include some decent cojupons down the road.[/QUOTE]

i read the magazine, they address this and promise they will not be biased but they did say that they are going to only try to review good games ? which i thought was odd

bread's done
Back