2006 Super Bowl Champions Pittsburgh Steelers AKA Official NFL Discussion Thread #4

[quote name='ph33r m3']sunday bump. lets go panthers and steelers.[/QUOTE]

Just what I was about to say! I just wish Stephen Davis was playing.

24-3 at the half... I don't think anyone saw that coming.

Anyone see the Cactus Jack finger gun thing that Rothlisberger did afterwards?

Denver's defense needs to pick it up. Jake has caused some of the problems, but when you let a team drive for points on drives over 10+ plays you are really ripe for problems

[quote name='ph33r m3']Game Over.[/QUOTE]
Its just as well that it is, I've got a ham ready to go now and I'll probably miss the 3rd quarter.

Big Ben is fucking unstoppable, Bettis is feeling it, the Steelers WR have glue for hands and Jake the Mistake is back.

Herrrrrrrrrrre We Go Steelers Here We Go Pittsburghs Goin To The Sooooouuuuper Bole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooo

Is there any reasoning that you don't atleast toss on to the endzone and try to atleast get the touchdown, being down 21 no less? I'd say its highly unlikely Pit. would return it for a touchdown.

[quote name='Shayde']Is there any reasoning that you don't atleast toss on to the endzone and try to atleast get the touchdown, being down 21 no less? I'd say its highly unlikely Pit. would return it for a touchdown.[/QUOTE]
Yes. Your QB is Jake Plummer.

The gunslinger seems to be finding a groove. That drive was just amazing. His elusiveness and abilitiy to find a reciever is something that definately deserves props. If Pittsburgh turns the ball over or gets a 3 and out, this game could definately swing Denver's way.

[quote name='ph33r m3']That was some wack calls again that went the Broncos way.[/QUOTE]

Which might have mattered had they not completely sucked the entire game.

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bbbbbbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game by Pittsburgh to take advantage of Denver's mistakes and capitalize on them by scoring. Pittsburgh's my prediction to win the SB in two weeks, as they've been playing outstanding football on both sides of the ball.

Denver should be proud of how they've played this year, especially Jake Plummer, and work on getting better and making an even stronger push for the Super Bowl next year.

dammit this is pissing me off. They need to pull the hook quick. Lets see what he hate me can do coming out of the backfield because they are going to get beat if they don't get something out of their ground game.

Man, Carolina is fucked unless Steve Smith can carry the whole offense himself. I agree with you Casey, they should give Rod Smart a few touches.

[quote name='Quigoni']Lacus Clyne from Gundam SEED. ;)

Too bad the 'hawks got called on that 15 yarder... =/ I didn't see anything though.[/QUOTE]

Ya i know its crap, The NFL is conspiring to keep Carolina in this game for the TV Rating. The Refs know the Panthers cant stop the hawks so they give em help.

This is the third down of the game coming up. If the Hawks can convert it, they have the ball for the start of the second half, and not let the panthers get it to close out the first.

I have a feeling the Hawks will do one of those Matt Rolls and throw to a WR cutting across the middle. The Panthers cant afford to play zone, they need to blitz so i call man to man here on this play, and im sure coach Holmgren knows it.

This officiating crew is having a hard time making calls.....everytime there is a flag thrown they have to huddle up and they look confused. Are there jobs on the line after last week's awful officiating or what?

I would never have expected matt Hasselbeck to outplay Jake Delhomme this bad, especially against the Carolina D, but I guess he is starting the Pro Bowl for a reason.

[quote name='Tyga24']I would never have expected matt Hasselbeck to outplay Jake Delhomme this bad, especially against the Carolina D, but I guess he is starting the Pro Bowl for a reason.[/QUOTE]

The reason the Hawks are doing is because the Panthers rely on heavy pressure from their from 4 and they are not getting any. Forces them to blitz and leaves those routes one on one for stevens, jackson, and engram.

Yeah but Hasselback has broken out of least 4 or 5 sacks to make nice throws or scramble for positive yardage. Plus the Seahawks recievers are actually making tough catches, nice work on their part.

Wow, Carolina is giving up. Their defense is getting man-handled, shit the 'Skins put up a better effort.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Hello Seattle?

The Seahawks are now on the endangered species list.

Expect them to be extinct by 9:30 EST February 5, 2006.[/QUOTE]

I think the only reason most people rooting for the Steelers ie; me, is to see the Hawks get slammed and the Bus gets his ring.

bread's done
Back