2006 Super Bowl Champions Pittsburgh Steelers AKA Official NFL Discussion Thread #4

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Hello Seattle?

The Seahawks are now on the endangered species list.

Expect them to be extinct by 9:30 EST February 5, 2006.[/QUOTE]

The steel industry isn't exactly thriving.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I think the only reason most people rooting for the Steelers ie; me, is to see the Hawks get slammed and the Bus gets his ring.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that most people don't share your irrational hatred of the seahawks?

Why do the seahawks have bird shit green on their uniforms?

edit: please tell me thats was your last string cornerback on that play

that was fucking horrible. I turned it off in the third quater. I still have next year to look forward to. Drew Carter with a years experience could be a great complement to Steve Smith. Kris Jenkins should come back healthy and if the Panthers don't pick up Steven Davis' option or resign DeShaun Foster I think they may go after a big name so that they can bring back a running game that avg's more than 100 a game (Jamal Lewis or Shaun Alexander would be amazing pickups IMO and really make the offense of the Panthers a beast)

I think the Super Bowl is going to be pretty good though. Its going to be interesting to see if Pittsburgh is going to be able to get pressure on the Seahawks O-line since they are really good. If they don't, they are going to be in big trouble.

Big ups to the Seahawks as well as they flew under the radar and really proved to be worthy.

Congratulations to the Seahawks and the Steelers and their respective fans. Hopefully the Super Bowl will be good since both of these championship games were blowouts and not much to really get excited about.

Yay HAWKS!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gives us something to cheer about in Seattle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO!! :D

[quote name='CaseyRyback']that was fucking horrible. I turned it off in the third quater. I still have next year to look forward to. Drew Carter with a years experience could be a great complement to Steve Smith. Kris Jenkins should come back healthy and if the Panthers don't pick up Steven Davis' option or resign DeShaun Foster I think they may go after a big name so that they can bring back a running game that avg's more than 100 a game (Jamal Lewis or Shaun Alexander would be amazing pickups IMO and really make the offense of the Panthers a beast)

I think the Super Bowl is going to be pretty good though. Its going to be interesting to see if Pittsburgh is going to be able to get pressure on the Seahawks O-line since they are really good. If they don't, they are going to be in big trouble.

Big ups to the Seahawks as well as they flew under the radar and really proved to be worthy.[/QUOTE]

Do you guys even have enough cap room to go after Lewis or Alexander (although I doubt anyone will ever get him because Seattle is sure to re-sign him after his performance this year). You guys need to get a good second reciever. Steve Smith was awesome, but you can tell how much they missed Mushin Muhammed this year. And is it me or is Kris Jenkins becoming injury prone (last 2 years season-ending injuries)? Plus it doesn't matter anyways because Tampa Bay will repeat as NFC South Champs again! Go Bucs!

[quote name='zionoverfire']You do realize that most people don't share your irrational hatred of the seahawks?[/QUOTE]

Well no that's true, except for the fact that i'm going to have to hear about the Seahawks at school, on the radio, in the newspaper. (From Gig Harbor)

I hope the Steelers win. They are long overdue... and don't give me that Seahawks crap about how they have never even been to a Super Bowl... they aren't even a real team and only like 5 people give a crap about them and that's only because they were good this year...

[quote name='ph33r m3']Well no that's true, except for the fact that i'm going to have to hear about the Seahawks at school, on the radio, in the newspaper. (From Gig Harbor)[/QUOTE]

:lol: Well you did choose a rather bad spot to live.

Gig Harbor's chill, but when you listen to the radio at least 80% of the fans that call up are bandwagoners.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Gig Harbor's chill, but when you listen to the radio at least 80% of the fans that call up are bandwagoners.[/QUOTE]

What only 80%? Please 95% of Seattle fans for any sport are bandwagoners. It's how sports survive in the western washington, every year usually one team is good be it the Sonics, Mariners, Seahawks or Huskies.

I hate it, really do, typical fairweather fans man.

"OMG WHOO HOO SEAHAWKS!"

I hate when they call up 850 and say i've been a fan since 75 or some long time ago. Yesterday, I was washing my car and listened to 850 and they had their NBA roundtable and what not about the Sonics, I would say maybe 5 people called up. Now I know, that last year (Just moved up here) the phone lines were packed about the Sonics.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I hate it, really do, typical fairweather fans man.

"OMG WHOO HOO SEAHAWKS!"

I hate when they call up 850 and say i've been a fan since 75 or some long time ago. Yesterday, I was washing my car and listened to 850 and they had their NBA roundtable and what not about the Sonics, I would say maybe 5 people called up. Now I know, that last year (Just moved up here) the phone lines were packed about the Sonics.[/QUOTE]

Exactly but that's how sports have always been in Seattle, granted most cities are this way also but the sheer amount of sunshine patriots in Seattle has always amazed me.

[quote name='Tyga24']Do you guys even have enough cap room to go after Lewis or Alexander (although I doubt anyone will ever get him because Seattle is sure to re-sign him after his performance this year). You guys need to get a good second reciever. Steve Smith was awesome, but you can tell how much they missed Mushin Muhammed this year. And is it me or is Kris Jenkins becoming injury prone (last 2 years season-ending injuries)? Plus it doesn't matter anyways because Tampa Bay will repeat as NFC South Champs again! Go Bucs![/QUOTE]

does being division champs make you happy? The only reason winning a division is worth a flip is due to the home game you may get.

ESPN talked about getting Jamal Lewis earlier in the week so I assume they have enough cap room. As far as getting another reciever, there is no need. Just work on developing Drew Carter and hopefully Ricky Proehl comes back. Drew Carter is faster and taller than Steve Smith and he caught some pretty good balls this year after playing with the practice squad most of the time.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']does being division champs make you happy? The only reason winning a division is worth a flip is due to the home game you may get.

ESPN talked about getting Jamal Lewis earlier in the week so I assume they have enough cap room. As far as getting another reciever, there is no need. Just work on developing Drew Carter and hopefully Ricky Proehl comes back. Drew Carter is faster and taller than Steve Smith and he caught some pretty good balls this year after playing with the practice squad most of the time.[/QUOTE]

Seattle showed how to stop Steve Smith, you put a CB, SS, LB on him and let Delhomme make mistakes.

Here we go Steelers!! Here We Go!!

20060123pdfanbelievefbnpj4502m.jpg

OK whatever to the people thinking what they will.

I've lived in WA ALL my life. I've watched the 'hawks through most of it and now we finally have a team that might accomplish something.

This is of course not counting the Seattle Storm's (WNBA) championship.

I think I'm entitled a little happyness. Just because your team isn't in it doesn't mean you need to rain on my parade. I'm not going around saying your team sucks, I'm simply happy for my team, deal with it.

don't listen to the haters... you shut down Mr. Smith... your boys did really good... congrats to Seattle... they punch Carolina in their glass jaw...

[quote name='CaseyRyback']does being division champs make you happy? The only reason winning a division is worth a flip is due to the home game you may get.

ESPN talked about getting Jamal Lewis earlier in the week so I assume they have enough cap room. As far as getting another reciever, there is no need. Just work on developing Drew Carter and hopefully Ricky Proehl comes back. Drew Carter is faster and taller than Steve Smith and he caught some pretty good balls this year after playing with the practice squad most of the time.[/QUOTE]

For the team that we had I was actually happy with winning the division, especially playing against high-caliber teams like Carolina and Atlanta. You are right about the only benefit with winning a division is getting a home game, and I think that's starting to matter less with the parity in this league and the way that Carolina and Pittsburgh were able to go and win on the road. Jamal Lewis would seem like a nice fit with that offense. Drew Carter is faster than Steve Smith? I find that hard to believe, but Carter definitely looks like he has more skills than Colbert, Proehl, or any other recievers they currently have on their roster. At any rate it's gonna be another fun year in the NFC South next year.

I'm rooting for the Steelers even though if they win, they'll tie Dallas for five Super Bowl titles. But they have a blue-collar feel to them, and I respect that. They really don't have very many flashy players (Other than Joey Porter, who I can't stand). They just go out there and get it done.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I'm rooting for the Steelers even though if they win, they'll tie Dallas for five Super Bowl titles. But they have a blue-collar feel to them, and I respect that. They really don't have very many flashy players (Other than Joey Porter, who I can't stand). They just go out there and get it done.[/QUOTE]
My brother and I were talking about that the other day. I asked him who he was going for and he said the seahawks becuase if the Steelers win they will be tied with the niners in super bowl wins. I thought about it then I said fuck it, the cowboys are tied with the niners so the worst that could happen already happened... unless the raiders do it... :rofl:like that would ever happen.

I dislike both teams. But i think I'll cheer for the Seahawks. If I was putting money on the game though it would have to be on the Steelers

I've got to say congrats to the new Hall of Fame inductees that were announced this weekend: Troy Aikman, Reggie White, Warren Moon, John Madden, Rayfield Wright, and Harry Carson.

As for the Super Bowl, I'm supposed to hate Pittsburgh, but I really can't. I feel that they're the better team (slightly) and I'm hoping for their win.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']that TD was definitely bullshit[/QUOTE]

i think this game has been bullshit so far.

Darrell Jackson had that touchdown, that was by no means a td. That was nothing more then standing his ground. If it had been a push off, dont you think the CB would of went flying the other way just a little?

The steelers have been getting the majority of the calls, and the one where peter warrick got the big return back, i think that "holding" call was a little touchy.

Now granted, im not gonna blame the officals for costing this game for the hawks in the end. HOWEVER, When the seahawks do lose this game, it will because they cost it for themselves with the fouls, that and the piss poor two minute drill.

The only chance they have of winning this game is going back to the plays they've used all year. They've moved the ball really well in the first half, however the steelers will make the adjustments and put an end to that.

Without Marquand Manual, the Hawks are down to a third string safety, and you may as well as mail this game to the steelers.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Congrats steeler fans on a great super bowl win.[/QUOTE]

Stop being a fucking crybaby. Your teams only down by 4, fair-weather fan.

[quote name='Moxio']yup how lame[/QUOTE]

Calls like that make me wonder how much the NFL fixes their games. Any blind man could of saw that ball did not, in any way, shape, or form cross the plane. keyword *PLANE* it touched the front of the line at best, it was a great stop, but it wasnt meant to be.

Yeah, obviously this game is fixed, how could I never see it, the NFL totally wants the Steelers to win. Thank you "thingsfallnapart" for showing me the light of the referees cheating.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Stop being a fucking crybaby. Your teams only down by 4, fair-weather fan.[/QUOTE]

Screw off. I was trying to be a fair sport. Now i hope the hawks come back and cream the steelers pathetic ass.

bread's done
Back