2008-09 NHL Thread - Stanley Cup Finals begin May 30!!!

Should be a great game tonight in Calgary. I just hope it doesn't get too ugly with the tensions building up. I expect a game suspension for Burish, but we'll see.

Here is the Commodore blunder. Enjoy.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akNb1DtqSLU[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
go redwings go! i love the redwings but this year the best match ups are in the East... the philly/pitt series is always a classic.

anyone growing a playoff beard?

Bye Bye Habs. Bruins domination. Micheal Ryder will have a smile for a week! Big wins by the Flames & Rangers last night.

[quote name='TC']I almost felt bad for RJ, but that's Stuart & Kronwall job. They had hits like that all playoffs last year and it kept the opposition forwards rubber necking. Give RJ props though. He came back and scored the Jackets only goal. Hell he's the only Jacket to score this series.

Commadore on the other hand didn't help his team. After the Stuart hit he tried to hit Cleary and ended up in flying in to the Wings bench. He gets pissed takes a penalty next to his own net and stands there watching as Zetterberg makes it 3-0 on the delayed call.

[/quote]

Yes RJ has been the only bright spot(besides Mason but he is not superman clear the damn pucks jackets! Give Mason a chance!)

I had a feeling that was a bad move for Commadore and promptly my horror was realized. :cry:

The wings are a machine plain and simple and the CBJ players have little experience at this level.

I smell a sweep :(

(7:25:04 PM) IceShark: rip habs
(7:25:30 PM) IceShark: at least I bet you guys booed them extra hard, so they didn't enjoy the sweep as much
(7:26:22 PM) IceShark: hahah lol
(7:26:24 PM) Laur: it was awful
(7:26:36 PM) IceShark: 4-1
(7:26:39 PM) Laur: price made a baby save and we cheered so he held up his hands as if he had won
(7:26:40 PM) Laur: it was so sad
(7:26:53 PM) IceShark: lol
(7:27:31 PM) IceShark: that does sound pretty sad

The Chicago-Flames yesterday was pretty good. I thought Chicago would win and go up 3-1 but that series might go to 7.

Though this was funny.
commodore.jpg
Wings fan who attempted to throw an octopus on the ice at game 3. Meanwhile at the other end of the rink another fan was successful. :D
al.jpg

Go FLYERS. Back to Philly for Game 6 on Saturday. I know it's some tough odds but I have faith. Pittsburgh is going down!!

[quote name='jasonpaul']Go FLYERS. Back to Philly for Game 6 on Saturday. I know it's some tough odds but I have faith. Pittsburgh is going down!![/QUOTE]

I have no doubt that this is going to seven games, the Pens played with no heart tonight and will play timid on Saturday at Philly.

What the hell?!?! They let them play most the game then call a damn too many men on the ice! PP goal and the wings sweep. Though I'm disappointed in the outcome. Good game! Excited about next year!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']What the hell?!?! They let them play most the game then call a damn too many men on the ice! PP goal and the wings sweep. Though I'm disappointed in the outcome. Good game! Excited about next year![/QUOTE]

Yeah that was a tough call, but its going to made every time. Its not the kind of thing they can let go like a cheap hook or interference. It was a crazy game and the refs did a good job most of the night. Your guys showed alot of heart. Jackets will learn a ton from this experience and be better next year.

LOL. TC, nice finds.

What an epic fail,...at least I also got tickets for game 5. The sharks just love to have their backs against the wall.

[quote name='dafoomie'][vid][/quote]

Only thing I saw there is how much more a fail team the Habs are than I expected followed by a slightly less fail Price. Speaking of fail...

I don't know what's a bigger fucking FAIL... the Sharts or that Comcast and Tivo didn't record the game. (At friends house.)

I'm liking these playoffs. Wings get the sweep which I expected but I really have no idea how the west is going to shape up. I still can't count San Jose out because of their ranking.

[quote name='TC']My kind of fan sitting behind the Sharks bench tonight.[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about the lady leaning over during that long stoppage of play with 4/5ths of her very large boobs hanging out I noticed that too.

[quote name='ajh2298']If you are talking about the lady leaning over during that long stoppage of play with 4/5ths of her very large boobs hanging out I noticed that too.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Like I said. My kind of fan. :applause:

[quote name='ajh2298']If you are talking about the lady leaning over during that long stoppage of play with 4/5ths of her very large boobs hanging out I noticed that too.[/quote]

Must have pics.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']I still can't count San Jose out because of their ranking.[/quote]

You're new to this hockey stuff huh?

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']WTS Game 5 Sharks Tix x2[/quote]

lol sorry can't help it

[quote name='shieryda']Must have pics.[/quote]

Seriously...

Last night's Pens-Flyers game was possibly the worst officiated game I've seen all year. There were many horrid missed calls and no-calls all over the ice. There was one sequence where Malkin got slashed the whole way back up the ice, in front of the back ref, who just told the players to go to the benches.

Hell, the officiating overall in the playoffs thus far has been embarrassing for the league. Every game is almost out of hand...and apparently no matter what, if you tackle a guy, it's not a call, but if you graze someone with your stick, the zebra arm goes up so fast it's ridiculous...

Yesterday, 01:01 PM:
[quote name='RAMSTORIA']sweet. just scored tickets to game 5 of the sharks game! i just hope the series will be tied 2-2 and not be 3-1 when i go.[/quote]

Today, 10:10 AM:
[quote name='RAMSTORIA']WTS Game 5 Sharks Tix x2[/quote]

LOL.

No VipFREAK I've always watched hockey. What's wrong with me thinking that a team that was much better than Anaheim in the regular season could possibly win the series? I'll always give a first place team the benefit of the doubt in a 1-3 situation.
Anyway, nice job Caps for extending the series though I don't see you guys advancing.

[quote name='VipFREAK']That was doubly disappointing...[/QUOTE]

Yeah it wasn't great, but for a hockey game what the hell do you want?

Back to the series. I'd like to see the Ducks and Sharks beat the crap out of each other for two more games.

Oh and how about those Caps tonight!

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']ovies goal tonight was amazing.[/quote]
It was a nice goal. I'm just surprised by how many people are arguing about on youtube. It's like they don't like fancy goals or something. Or it could just be a bunch of Ranger fans raining on the parade.

Rangers fans tend to be pretty sour, at least from my experience with them. Not as bad as canadian hockey fans, though. They really want the Cup back, but the NHL commissioner won't let that happen.

Also, if the Sharks lose tonight, I'm quoting my own post about the Sharks I made a few days ago.

I don't know, I liked how they played. You could see the fire of a team that didn't want to be eliminated. They were able to play two full periods and overtime without falling asleep. All they need to do now is figure out a way to not fall asleep during the 3rd. Nabby just keeps giving soft goals, he has the biggest five hole ever (I am thinking he might be injured). The energy at the tank was pretty awesome, it was a pretty good game. I also have tickets for game 7 and I better be able to use them dammit!

Hmm... Yeah, like how Nappy looked semi concerned in overtime when the shot went by fairly close. That's the only time I saw him alert...

lool @ tickets for the game.

bread's done
Back