2008 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bil4ltool']There is no way being on the cover of a video game can change how a player gets injured. It's purely coincidental.[/quote]

sounds like a case for Agent Mulder and Scully.

and im pretty sure its confirmed that its going to be Favre, so watch Letterman tonight.

[quote name='Chitown021']Well if Favre is on the cover at least he can't get cursed since he's retired.[/QUOTE]

His curse will be that he comes out of retirement... lol

On this NFL Draft Eve, all I can hope is that the Bears get Rashard Mendenhall. That's all I want this draft, please oh please. I'll buy his jersey instantly assuming the Bears get him.

Ok, i've accepted the fact that Favre is on the cover and im perfectly happy with it.

However, Corey Webster should be in the background intercepting the ball

jk.

The Dolphins had better not take more than a minute to turn in their card. They really should cut down the draft to 7 minutes in the first round to speed things along.

Reports are that the rams will take Chris Long. Hopefully so that Glenn Dorsey can play for the [soon to be] super bowl winning Falcons!!!

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Reports are that the rams will take Chris Long. Hopefully so that Glenn Dorsey can play for the [soon to be] super bowl winning Falcons!!![/quote]

Adam Schefter keeps reporting that Chris Long will be the pick for the Rams. He seems pretty confident about it. I imagine the Falcons will pick up Matt Ryan before Dorsey, although either would be great for the team.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']The Dolphins had better not take more than a minute to turn in their card. They really should cut down the draft to 7 minutes in the first round to speed things along.[/quote]

I thought they already cut it down to5 minutes?

This just in: the Cleveland Browns have selected John "Big Dawg" Thompson with their pick in the 4th round of the 2008 NFL Draft. Thompson, an OT from Cuyahoga Community College, was quoted as saying he can't wait to play against "dem' damn Steelers".

060907_browns_vmed_2p_widec.jpg

Sucks having the 7th pick in a 6 player draft... He's going to get paid elite player money and it'll probably be a 2nd tier guy anyway. And they probably can't trade the pick for that reason.

[quote name='dafoomie']Thank god the Aints traded for that 7th pick, presumably to take Ellis.[/quote]

Only got a 3rd rounder....I would've thought they would've got more.

[quote name='2Fast']Strange move by the Jags, hope they didn't give up too much.[/quote]

Jax traded their 1st, 2 3rd's and a 4th.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Only got a 3rd rounder....I would've thought they would've got more.[/QUOTE]
It was only a difference of 3 spots. Going from 10 to 7 isn't like going from 26 to 8.

Nice touch there, they're playing Dirty Water with the Pats on the clock.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Jerod Mayo?

Nice pick...but one helluva reach. Coulda traded down even more.[/QUOTE]
Not sure he'd have made it past the mid to late teens. There wasn't another linebacker picked until the 2nd round.

Mayo was their guy all along, they had this deal with the Saints in place on Friday. He really impressed them with his football IQ, he was making suggestions to BB when they were going over some plays.

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']Dammit, how did Mendenhall go to that dump in Pittsburgh?

fucking hell...[/quote]

dump in pittsburgh huh...

Although I had to wait a while for the Eagles to pick something, I'm happy with the moves they made today. Andy Reid said this is an "all-in draft" for the team, so I'm expecting a big day 2.

[quote name='DJSteel']dump in pittsburgh huh...[/QUOTE]
I'm confused as well.

I was under the impression that all of Pittsburgh was a dump. Didn't know it was sectioned off into separate dumps.

mckelvin and hardy......i like that....

i cant believe after day 1 that Desean Jackson and Malcolm Kelly arent first day picks. did their stock crash that bad? i thought buffalo was sure to draft kelly in the 2nd round..but Im mega happy with Hardy. 3rd day is going to be interesting. Hope the bills can snag either Connor or King to shore up depth needs.it would be pretty sick to see Poz and Connor play along side each other again.

edit:
my bad didnt see both of them got drafted.

I guess the Bears have officially given up on Benson with the drafting of a RB in the second round. I like the two guys that GB picked up in the first two rounds Brahm and Jordy Nelson.

[quote name='JJSP']I'm confused as well.

I was under the impression that all of Pittsburgh was a dump. Didn't know it was sectioned off into separate dumps.[/quote]

better here than at the mistake by the lake..

Steelers are having a decent draft...

[quote name='ph33r m3']Haven't really followed the draft, i'm suprised the WR's lasted so long.

SOMEBODY DRAFT ANDRE WOODSON.[/quote]

The Giants Drafted Andre Woodson.

Looks like they also drafted a LB, i guess i missed it.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Giants stocking up on Kentucky QBs. They sign Tim Couch to a deal yet?[/quote]Pretty sure they already did. As an equipment manager.

Looks like the Packers might set a record for least game experience at QB when they open the season. (Rodgers & 2 rookies.)

Lions had the worst draft in the fucking league.

Horrid at every level. EVERY LEVEL.

Worst draft in recent league.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']The Giants Drafted Andre Woodson.

Looks like they also drafted a LB, i guess i missed it.[/QUOTE]

Jonathon Goff from Vanderbilt is the LB.

He had a great career at Vandy, playing against some good SEC schools. Hope his career's great in NY.

And Earl Bennett going to the Bears....please oh please find a good starting QB Chicago...please?

[quote name='Soodmeg']Lions had the worst draft in the fucking league.

Worst draft in recent league.[/quote]

I was surprised that they didn't draft a QB. Kitna isn't going to be around much longer. Maybe they'll make some sort of trade happen before the season starts.

Worst draft in recent league.[/QUOTE]

I liked your picks of Smith and Campbell.

Worst draft in recent league.[/quote]

I think Kevin Smith will be an excellent back in the NFL. Of course I'm biased as UCF grad. He is agile and can pound the ball. I was surprised he didn't get more attention and get drafted on the 1st day.

I think Jacksonville had the worst draft.. they gave up way too much for Harvey..

I think KC and Oakland had the best draft.. they filled spots...

I give the Steelers a B-.. they picked some good players but they didn't fill some of their holes they have.. big ups to Ryan Mundy another Woodland Hills grad following Jason Taylor, Lusaka Polite, William Ferguson, Shante Spencer, and Steve Breaston into the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back