2009/2010 NFL Thread - Combine Time - Draft 4/22 -

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I was wondering the same thing.

The Vikes offense wasn't the problem tonight though, it was defense and special teams. They just plain gave up way too many big plays.[/QUOTE]
No need to panic everyone.
I was smashing a lot of shit tonight. I think most of my body is bruised. fucking insane night.
Anyway, the Vikings will probably pound the living hell out of the Giants.
Hopefully the Cowboys lay the smackdown on those damn Eagles so we can keep the #2 seed.
If we keep the #2 seed, its very possible some other team can beat out New Orleans so we can still be at home in the NFC Championships.
IF we're in the 3rd seed (or potentially 4th if the Giants win, Cardinals win and Eagles win) then we have to hope we can beat either N'orleans or Philly...
Don't give up Vikings fans!

[quote name='Azumangaman']No need to panic everyone.
I was smashing a lot of shit tonight. I think most of my body is bruised. fucking insane night.
Anyway, the Vikings will probably pound the living hell out of the Giants.
Hopefully the Cowboys lay the smackdown on those damn Eagles so we can keep the #2 seed.
If we keep the #2 seed, its very possible some other team can beat out New Orleans so we can still be at home in the NFC Championships.
IF we're in the 3rd seed (or potentially 4th if the Giants win, Cardinals win and Eagles win) then we have to hope we can beat either N'orleans or Philly...
Don't give up Vikings fans![/QUOTE]

I'll put in my 2 cents just to root for the Eagles. I grew up in the Philly area (even though I am in CA now) and love the Eagles. All we need is to beat those stupid Cowgirls on Sunday to get a 1st round bye.

God I hope the Eagles lose on Sunday. I can't believe I'm a Cowboys fan for a day (or possibly 2 if they play each other the next week in the WC round). Jesus Christ what a terrible season.

[quote name='Azumangaman']

Season's over. Only thing to look forward to is another 1st weekend playoff loss.

Get used to that feeling Vikings fans. With Chili locked up for a few more years and no real QB solution in place, that will probably be the pattern for the next 2 years. Then the Vikings will dissapoint Los Angeles.

[quote name='Azumangaman']

I'd be worried, but at the same time it's not like anyone else in the NFC is really rising above the pack either.

As a Patriots fan, I'm equally prepared for them to go on an amazing run of stomping people all the way to the Super Bowl or for them to fizzle and lose in the first round to the Ravens or Jets. After watching this team I'll season, neither one would surprise me at all.

The Chargers feel like the team to beat to me, a month ago I would have said it was the Saints. I remain unconvinced that the Colts are going to do much of anything in the playoffs. Other than Manning and a few other vets, that's just an incredibly young team, I would have liked them better if they had the added motivation of a perfect season. Manning is the MVP for sure though, I hate the fact that I like him so damn much now. Ugh.

any CAG from Dallas going to the game today

i 'm wearing my dallas stuff now not going to the game dont live in dallas i wish i did

I hate the idea of regional TV coverage when it comes down to the last couple weeks of the season. I'd love to see MIA/PIT or NE/HOU, but instead I get Colts/Bills in a meaningless game. The only bright spot is seeing if Curtis Painter will play as badly as he did last week.

Another 100 yard game for Harrison and I'm really hoping he sticks around because he's probably the best RB they've had since their return. Get rid of Derek Anderson though.

I'm hoping Denver beats Kansas City and the Jets lose to Cincy. It sucks that they have to wait until tomorrow to see if they're in.

Ravens Win!!! Ravens Win!!! :D

I'm so happy. Looks like I'll be wearing my Ed Reed jersey for every game from now on, lol. So glad to see the Steelers out of the playoffs now.

[quote name='billyrox']Chris Johnson over 2000 YARDS! congrats![/QUOTE]

Chris Johnson wins championships! Or at least fantasy titles..... I won $700 in two leagues that I had him in and I lost in first round of playoffs in league that I didn't have him. :lol:

Happy to see the Cowboys ruin the Eagles bye and spank that ass gonna be a great rematch next week. Add in my Bungals making the playoffs and it's been a hell of a year for my teams.

[quote name='jlarlee']that Patriots game was about the oddest thing I have ever seen[/QUOTE]
I didn't think the Pats were going anywhere this year anyway but now the season really is over. Welker out for 6-12 months with a torn ACL and MCL.

[quote name='dafoomie']I didn't think the Pats were going anywhere this year anyway but now the season really is over. Welker out for 6-12 months with a torn ACL and MCL.[/QUOTE]You still have Brady and that's better than most other AFC teams in the playoffs. I wouldn't count them out, especially with Moss on the other side. He'll just jump over the double coverage. Though it is a huge loss not having Welker. I think he and Stokley are two of my favorite receivers in recent history. Such a shame to lose him.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']You still have Brady and that's better than most other AFC teams in the playoffs. I wouldn't count them out, especially with Moss on the other side. He'll just jump over the double coverage. Though it is a huge loss not having Welker. I think he and Stokley are two of my favorite receivers in recent history. Such a shame to lose him.[/QUOTE]

Welker injury sucked to see even thought I hate the Pats. Edelman sure filled his shoes today he's a perfect Welker clone.

Interesting tidbit: he played QB at Kent State taking the job over when Josh Cribbs went to the NFL. Kent State pumping out hella good athletes at QB.

Bengals laying down and looking horrible doing it. I know Cincy isn't showing anything but the Jets gonna beat us in our house next week. :(

[quote name='$hady']Bengals laying down and looking horrible doing it. I know Cincy isn't showing anything but the Jets gonna beat us in our house next week. :([/QUOTE]

You also owe a big sarcastic "thanks" to the Colts for letting the Jets gain that momentum.

Your potential loss aside, if San Diego doesn't knock Indy out of the playoffs, I'd love to see the Jets do it. The ironing would be delicious.

[quote name='manthing']Season's over. Only thing to look forward to is another 1st weekend playoff loss.

Get used to that feeling Vikings fans. With Chili locked up for a few more years and no real QB solution in place, that will probably be the pattern for the next 2 years. Then the Vikings will dissapoint Los Angeles.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, guess that'll be tough for the Vikings to lose week 1 of the playoffs given that now they get the week off!

At around 4:00am this morning, Jim Zorn was informed that his services are no longer required.

CELEBRATION!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Hmm, guess that'll be tough for the Vikings to lose week 1 of the playoffs given that now they get the week off![/QUOTE]

So they fell ass backwards into the bye. They'll lose after the bye instead of this week.

Chili is a shit coach, and Ziggy is a fool for giving him that extension.

As a Pats fan, watching Welker go down yesterday was horrific. Seeing him on the sidelines trying to cover up his crying with a towel was one of the most depressing things I've seen recently.

Edelman has the potential to be a good football player but hes nowhere near the reciever Welker is. Just because he's a smallish white guy, it doesnt make him a Welker clone.

Get healthy, Wes.

Well Chargers this is your last real shot(IMO) at a Super Bowl run with the core group of guys on that team.(going in healthy for the 1st time in a LONG time) I really hope that THIS is the year that we finally win the big one.(let alone make to the SB)

With the Packers being the youngest team in the NFL, one of the most explosive offenses, and the best defenses. Its safe to say they may be the New dynasty. By the way McCardy is a terrible play caller.

So is Ochochinco changing his name back to Johnson since he was shutdown last night?

It's rather strange that there is four teams playing each other again next weekend.

Shame about Welker unfortunately that is what happens when you play guys instead of resting. It really is a double-edged sword some playing rust or possible injury to a key player?

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I am a Jets fan it pains me to see a class act like Wes Welker suffer such a serious injury in a game that meant nothing. It's going to be tough for the Pats to get past the second round without him.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']So is Ochochinco changing his name back to Johnson since he was shutdown last night?[/QUOTE]

I am going to guess no. He will undoubtedly make excuse himself from this because of the "injury" he suffered prior to the game or claim that the penalty he drew counts for something. I wouldn't be surprised if he changes it back to Johnson just because he wants to though.

[quote name='UnderwaterMadman']Even though I am a Jets fan it pains me to see a class act like Wes Welker suffer such a serious injury in a game that meant nothing. It's going to be tough for the Pats to get past the second round without him.

[/QUOTE]

well it sucks that it happened, but it was clearly a fluke and could happen to anyone at any given time (see colts 14-0 discussions). but i wouldnt say that its a game that meant nothing. the 3 and 4 seeds were undecided at the time of the game, and that could potentially mean home field advantage in the AFC championship. which would be a huge deal for a patriots team that struggled on the road all season. luckily edelman has become welker jr and will be able to help, though not completely replace welker.

as for my guys, im glad to see the 49ers finish the season 8-8. its a shame that 2 last second plays determined our season (week 3 vs minnesota and week 13 vs seattle), if it werent for those 2 games they could have won the division. i do feel confident for the first time in about 5 years in saying that we are on the right track and with 2 first round picks in next years draft were just going to get better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Al Davis is going to fire Tom Cable.

No real surprise, and I can't complain as I never liked the hire (would have kept Kiffin personally). But it does get old as the team will never get out of this funk if the coaching staff and schemes change ever 1-2 years.

Oh well, I've long since accepted the team will suck until Davis dies.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']well it sucks that it happened, but it was clearly a fluke and could happen to anyone at any given time (see colts 14-0 discussions). but i wouldnt say that its a game that meant nothing. the 3 and 4 seeds were undecided at the time of the game, and that could potentially mean home field advantage in the AFC championship. which would be a huge deal for a patriots team that struggled on the road all season. luckily edelman has become welker jr and will be able to help, though not completely replace welker.
.[/QUOTE]

This. Almost as bad as losing Welker (for this season) is Brady's injuries with his broken finger and 3 broken ribs, if he doesn't get better protection we will see even more plays like that late interception.

[quote name='MyTeamSupreme']With the Packers being the youngest team in the NFL, one of the most explosive offenses, and the best defenses. Its safe to say they may be the New dynasty. By the way McCardy is a terrible play caller.[/QUOTE]

Truth.

I can only hope they get another shot at Minnesota. I think they'll actually have a game plan for the whole game instead of only the second half.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Looks like Al Davis is going to fire Tom Cable.

No real surprise, and I can't complain as I never liked the hire (would have kept Kiffin personally). But it does get old as the team will never get out of this funk if the coaching staff and schemes change ever 1-2 years. as long as Al Davis remains alive.

[/QUOTE]

Edited for clarity, and I wholeheatedly agree.

Where did you hear he was firing Cable? All I've heard is the coaching staff has a meeting next Monday with Big Al where they'll learn their fate then.

Man I feel for ya Texans fans. Never fun needing help and having someone roll over like the Bengals did. Happened to the Pats last year and the year after they won their first super bowl

[quote name='jlarlee']Man I feel for ya Texans fans. Never fun needing help and having someone roll over like the Bengals did. Happened to the Pats last year and the year after they won their first super bowl[/QUOTE]

Yeah, once the Broncos were eliminated from the playoffs I was rooting for the Texans to take the last spot. If they had a real kicker they might have beaten the Colts earlier in the season and then they wouldn't have to rely on others to get in.

fuck! Stupid Bears! Great idea, with great coaches out there like Shanahan and Cower but yeah, we'll stick with Lovie Smith! :wall::wall:

[quote name='keithp']Edited for clarity, and I wholeheatedly agree.

Where did you hear he was firing Cable? All I've heard is the coaching staff has a meeting next Monday with Big Al where they'll learn their fate then.[/QUOTE]

It was on ESPN yesterday. Initially they were saying Davis was leaning toward firing Cable according to sources close to the team. Then it switched to the coaches will learn their fate next Monday later in the day.

I don't normally root against teams, but I sure hope the Jets get smoked. For a team that finished 9-7 and basically stumbled into the playoffs, they talk an awful lot of shit. Really tired of hearing about their "#1" defense. This is a unit that couldn't stop Miami in the forth quarter in Week 5...couldn't stop Buffalo from driving for the winning FG in overtime in Week 6...couldn't stop the Jags from driving for the winning score in Week 10. All season, they buckled in big spots. Stats are meaningless when they are not backed up with clutch play.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I don't normally root against teams, but I sure hope the Jets get smoked. For a team that finished 9-7 and basically stumbled into the playoffs, they talk an awful lot of shit. Really tired of hearing about their "#1" defense. This is a unit that couldn't stop Miami in the forth quarter in Week 5...couldn't stop Buffalo from driving for the winning FG in overtime in Week 6...couldn't stop the Jags from driving for the winning score in Week 10. All season, they buckled in big spots. Stats are meaningless when they are not backed up with clutch play.[/QUOTE]

i think it would be poetic justice for the jets to upset the colts in the 2nd round.

in real news, it looks like shanahan is joining the redskins.

here are my predictions...

AFC

Wild Card
New England beats Baltimore
New York beats Cincinnati

Divisional

San Diego beats New England
Indianapolis beats New York

Conference

San Diego beats Indianapolis

NFC

Wild Card

Philadelphia beats Dallas
Green Bay beats Arizona

Divisional

Green Bay beats Minnesota
New Orleans beats Philadelphia

Conference

Green Bay beats New Orleans

Super Bowl

San Diego beats Green Bay

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']According to Ryan, they should be the favorite to win the Super Bowl. Wow...[/QUOTE]

God I hope the Jets choke on Saturday. fuck em.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']here are my predictions...

AFC

Wild Card
New England beats Baltimore
New York beats Cincinnati

Divisional

San Diego beats New England
Indianapolis beats New York

Conference

San Diego beats Indianapolis

NFC

Wild Card

Philadelphia beats Dallas
Green Bay beats Arizona

Divisional

Green Bay beats Minnesota
New Orleans beats Philadelphia

Conference

Green Bay beats New Orleans

Super Bowl

San Diego beats Green Bay[/QUOTE]

A Third meeting between GB and Vikings would be awesome. I'm a Packer fan and a Favre fan; I'd love the Packers to go all the way, but Favre is at the end of his road, and FINALLY staying retired with a Super Bowl win would be an amazing way to go out.

I'm torn :(

[quote name='javeryh']Suck on that Philly![/QUOTE]

Where are all the people like naes who came out so hard on the boys last year? I want you guys to come and really soak up these last two beatings. Watching your shit get pushed in three times this year and twice in blowout fashion has been outstanding.

I also wanted to make sure that such a message was posted in as many fitting places as possible since 44-6 was plastered everywhere.

1zmzi0w.jpg

LOL at McNabb

[quote name='spamfree2']
1zmzi0w.jpg

LOL at McNabb[/QUOTE]

Ouch, if they had won the game or even not gotten blown out that would be an amusing side note to the game but given the outcome its just sad to watch now...

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Where are all the people like naes who came out so hard on the boys last year? I want you guys to come and really soak up these last two beatings. Watching your shit get pushed in three times this year and twice in blowout fashion has been outstanding.

I also wanted to make sure that such a message was posted in as many fitting places as possible since 44-6 was plastered everywhere.[/QUOTE]

It was so sweet watching the Eagles get killed - even more fitting that Vick's fumble was a major turning point in the game. Poetic justice. Now I'll turn into the biggest Vikings fan for next week! Go Favre! Eff the Cowboys! ;)

"The Cowboys owned the Eagles. The Eagles owned the Giants. The Giants owned the Cowboys. Everyone owned the Redskins." --Al Michaels

I laughed so hard.

when I saw mcnabb doing that dance I couldn't help but roll my eyes. maybe if he was more serious he could of had a better game than vick. I'm not too surprised Dallas won but I am surprised they won by that much.

in any event it will be interesting to see how the pats games goes today. welker gone, Brady injury rumors, and the last time they played was a dropped pass away from Baltimore coming back.

bread's done
Back