2010-2011 NHL Regular Season Thread

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Islanders goalie situation is such a mess. DiPietro out for a month or so... Nabakov probably won't show anyway.[/QUOTE]

He got hurt off that? LMAO! Mr. Hurt is his new official name.

Oh. That's right, they have Nappy. lol

Anaheim signed Ray Emery to a 1-year two-way contract.

I like this for a couple reasons. Emery's a good goalie but he's a douche. He's proven that he can win in the playoffs, and thats what the Ducks need in case Hiller goes down. It also gives the Ducks the chance to bring up and test out some of their goalies in Syracuse/their ECHL team. Which they are doing now because Hiller is on the IR for a couple days.

I also like this for personal reasons. Anaheim has been my fav team since before they were a team in the movies, and I'm from Hamilton, which is where Emery is from, and it's nice to have a hometown boy on my team. Along with Chipchurra, but he only played in Hamilton for a while.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I can't believe i've gone from... "Can NJ win a game?" to "Can NJ lose a game?" Lol[/QUOTE]

That's Jacques Lemaire for ya.

They still don't scare me.

Cooke got 4 games for a hit from behind. I really dislike this player. Like to the point where the sight of him is more infuriating than Chris Pronger.

Nice, I can actually WATCH the Shark's "Elite" be worthless rather than listen to them be worthless on the radio again now that Comcast stopped being fucking worhless...

ESPN annoys me as is but everybody got all ethical on how this fighting is just too much and blah blah blah I'm taking the high road nonsense. I thought it was great to see a game like this once in a while.

Bruins-Wings tonight, I'm going. After the other night though, I expect a letdown game like the way they played against San Jose following their game vs Dallas. Detroit's coming off a loss as well.

It'll be on NHL Network tonight too.

jesus christ what's in the water around the NHL this week

multiple suspensions coming out of that Pens/Islanders game

I'm not used to morning hockey, but this was a fun game. The Kings beat the Capitals 4-1 to improve to 3-0-2 on this 10 game road trip and 6-0-2 in their last 8 games. Philly tomorrow at noon Pacific! The Caps scored on their first shot of the game, but LA scored 3 goals on 5 shots in the third period after the game was tied up at 1 going in, and the team was excellent on the penalty kill.

WTF is up with your Queens... ? They were suppose to be strong this year. I was expecting them to be 1st in the division the whole season.

[quote name='VipFREAK']WTF is up with your Queens... ? They were suppose to be strong this year. I was expecting them to be 1st in the division the whole season.[/QUOTE]

As I said, they've been excellent lately. They did have a rough stretch. Injuries and a lack of scoring played a big part in it. The West is so damn deep though... The Kings are in 10th right now, but are only 5 points behind Dallas in the division (and for the 3rd seed) so I'm not too concerned since there are still 27 regular season games left.

Nice shootout win for the Coyotes tonight against the Blackhawks.

I was about to fucking lose it when the Hawks immediately scored a PP goal on that delay of game penalty by Aucoin, but at least the Yotes ended up getting the extra point.

Nice gooseegg Flyers.

It doesn't help that Lavy decided to throw darts at a board to decide line combinations.

Oh, I forgot to mention this:

Look Who's Bitching

Lemieux you fucking hypocrite, I can't believe he has the balls to say anything like that when he is employing Matt Cooke AND was teammates with Ulf Samuelson (who ended Cam Neely's career) and Darius Kasperitis, who were also known dirty players. Although, Lemieux was always know as being a whiny bitch when he played, so this really shouldn't come as a surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jello44']I hope it's for real this time, he's moving in on Brett Favre's territory.[/QUOTE]

I give Foppa a pass. Unlike Favre, Forsberg's career was affected greatly by injuries. 38 is old, but it's certainly not unheard of. If anything he should be getting a little credit for calling it quits. He wanted to play in the NHL, can't cut it and doesn't want to hold the Avs back.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']I give Foppa a pass. Unlike Favre, Forsberg's career was affected greatly by injuries. 38 is old, but it's certainly not unheard of. If anything he should be getting a little credit for calling it quits. He wanted to play in the NHL, can't cut it and doesn't want to hold the Avs back.[/QUOTE]

That's true, Favre couldn't play anymore and didn't know when to give it up, hurting his team in the process.

I think this is Foppa's first time actually announcing his retirement.

Versteeg, Mr. I can't clear the puck out of my own zone to save my life. I don't get what he'll do in Philly other than hang out with all the other tOOls there?

lavismash.gif

Funny stuff. I'm too tired now but if I remember later this morning I'll try to find a pic or vid of the Wings playing in Miami with 75% of the crowd wearing red and white.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Funny stuff. I'm too tired now but if I remember later this morning I'll try to find a pic or vid of the Wings playing in Miami with 75% of the crowd wearing red and white.[/QUOTE]

It was the same way in Tampa on Thursday.

Coyotes with a seven game winning streak, third in the West. Nice to see them not implode after the all-star break.

Glad one of my teams is doing well, since the Suns will be stinking it up for the foreseeable future.

bread's done
Back