2012 Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread

Thanks, I snagged Greene and I'll keep an eye on Welker

[quote name='Chitown021']According to my site (fleaflicker.com) it says that despite his "questionable" status he's fully expected to play Sunday and they expect him to receive a lot of snaps in the slot. I would check his status on Sunday morning and keep Jones/Crabtree on standby. Of the two if Welker can't go I'd probably play Jones although Crabby has the better defensive matchup.

Shonn Greene will receive the most snaps. The other two are high risk/reward since there's no telling how much work they'll get. Tate has had one good week and that's it. He's scored 24 fantasy point all year, 21 of which came in week #2 against Jacksonville when he stole two touchdowns from my man Arian Foster:bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']Go with Smith. You never know what you will get with Romo...[/QUOTE]
yeah, and romo is coming off a bye week but i think he might do well to make up for that chi game..

Smith is also playing the Giants, who have an awful secondary and have not been getting the pass rush they generally get. Weeden threw for almost 300 yards and 2 scores last week.

Just got a trade offer for my Mikel LaShoure for Owen Daniels. I'm in a 1 rb league and I have Trent Richardson and Mendenhall who looks to be ok after Turs nite game. My current TE are Keller with Jets and Bennett with Giants who are both iffy.

I'd definitely take it. Daniels has looked great this year, and yes, both of your current options are iffy. If Keller is finally healthy, though, he will be getting a ton of targets, considering Sanchez doesn't trust anyone in that Island of Misfit Toys receiving corps.

Thx for the quick reply. In the yahoo league, Daniels is top 5 TE and Keller might not be 100% for a few weeks so I made the trade. I picked up Mikel off waivers so no big loss. If I can keep my lineup healthy, I think I can go pretty far.

QB. E Manning
Wr Julio Jones
Wr Calvin Johnson
TE O Deniels
Rb Trent Richardson
Flex. Mendenhall (hopefully)
Flex. Lance Moore (or a number of people on my bench)
D Ravens
K L Tynes

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Just got a trade offer for my Mikel LaShoure for Owen Daniels. I'm in a 1 rb league and I have Trent Richardson and Mendenhall who looks to be ok after Turs nite game. My current TE are Keller with Jets and Bennett with Giants who are both iffy.[/QUOTE]

LeShoure isn't a lock for the starter job just yet. Jahvid Best is due back from the PUP list any day now. The Lions backfield is a mess. I would stay away and maybe counter Daniels for someone else on that guy's team.

[quote name='HydroX']LeShoure isn't a lock for the starter job just yet. Jahvid Best is due back from the PUP list any day now. The Lions backfield is a mess. I would stay away and maybe counter Daniels for someone else on that guy's team.[/QUOTE]

You definitely read that wrong.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']You definitely read that wrong.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't doubt it. Long day at work. Dead tired. Let me re-read my fail. lol

Edit: Err.. yeah! Totally send LeShoure packing. :D

Some tricky ones, but would appreciate any suggestions:

1). QB: Matt Schaub (against GB) or Eli Manning (@SF)

2). Need to start two of these three: Robert Meachem (against DEN), Vick Ballard (against Jets) or Andrew Hawkins (against Browns).

3). Which defense? 49ers (against NYG) or Vikings (against Washington)

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']Some tricky ones, but would appreciate any suggestions:

1). QB: Matt Schaub (against GB) or Eli Manning (@SF)

2). Need to start two of these three: Robert Meachem (against DEN), Vick Ballard (against Jets) or Andrew Hawkins (against Browns).

3). Which defense? 49ers (against NYG) or Vikings (against Washington)[/QUOTE]

1) I would go with Eli. Niners have a great run def so he's going to be forced to throw imo.

3) I'd go with the Vikings. I think the 49ers/Giants game is gonna be a high scoring game.

I'd start Lynch over Murray if Lynch starts. Lynch has been playing great and has been consistent every week while Murray has been spotty. He has a decent match up but I don't really trust any Cowboy players with how it's been going for them.

Also, to the guy thinking about trading Megatron for Willis.....don't. He's the #1 WR even though he hasn't been blowing it up I'm sure you can get more value out of him.

Anyone have any opinions on who to start between Morris vs MIN and Turner vs OAK? Turner has found the endzone the last 4 games and has a nice match up but Morris has been on fire even against good run defenses. I'm thinking Turner but I have Morris starting.

Alright, thanks for the input.

As far as Turner vs Morris, I'd probably go with Turner since the matchup is in his favor and Morris is playing a tough run def this week.

Also, RG3 being iffy this week might have an effect on the throwing game so the defense may target the run.

Choose 2 of 3.
Dwayne Bowe vs TB - but Quinn making his first start. Could be a positive or a negative
Dez Bryant vs Baltimore
Demarco Murray vs Baltimore

I keep changing my mind. At the moment I'm thinking of Murray and Bowe. But that'll change minute to minute. Any help?

[quote name='Wlogan31']Vick or Luck this week? Really struggling to decide...[/QUOTE]

I'm starting Vick but only because my options are Vick, Romo, and Dalton. If I had Luck I'd probably start him over Vick.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Choose 2 of 3.
Dwayne Bowe vs TB - but Quinn making his first start. Could be a positive or a negative
Dez Bryant vs Baltimore
Demarco Murray vs Baltimore

I keep changing my mind. At the moment I'm thinking of Murray and Bowe. But that'll change minute to minute. Any help?[/QUOTE]

That is tough, Bowe and Bryant are both crap shoots. I think I'd lean towards Bowe since he's the main man in KC and he's got the better defensive matchup even with the Brady Quinn factor at QB.

I think I'm going to start luck over smith...I don't know how much smith's finger is going to bother him.

also stuck trying to decide between brandon lloyd or brian hartline...both have tough match ups.

Brady or Flacco? I keep hearing about Seattle being tough against quarterbacks but I'm still thinking of starting the Golden Boy.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Brady or Flacco? I keep hearing about Seattle being tough against quarterbacks but I'm still thinking of starting the Golden Boy.[/QUOTE]
Brady.

Need to fill a flex: Doug Martin vs. KC or Leshoure vs. Phil?

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']Brady.

Need to fill a flex: Doug Martin vs. KC or Leshoure vs. Phil?[/QUOTE]

Not a fan of Leshoure and his matchup, so Martin gets the nod.

Need somebody for my 3rd receiver spot, PPR. Dez Bryant (@BAL) or James Jones (@HOU).

[quote name='JStryke']Not a fan of Leshoure and his matchup, so Martin gets the nod.

Need somebody for my 3rd receiver spot, PPR. Dez Bryant (@BAL) or James Jones (@HOU).[/QUOTE]
Jones all the way, hes been scoring.

This is a huge win for the Browns, especially for that defense to bounce back from a horrid game against the Giants to make huge stops and turnovers down the stretch to ensure the win. Joe Haden's return brought stability to the secondary so that they could get much better production today.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Awesome week for me to bench Shonn Greene for the first time all season.[/QUOTE]

Same here... At least Martin got 1TD

Looks like my yahoo team is getting it's first loss of the season. Benching Dez Bryant, Richardson leaving the game, and Alex Smith sucking as a bye week fill in for Brees.

Was forced to use Shonn Greene today because all of my quality starts are on bye or injured. I almost dropped that mofo to waivers this week too. My team did it's best on week 6 when I was almost 100% certain I would have lost this week.

Well, looking at one guaranteed win in my ESPN league, while my 2 CAG leagues hinge upon tonight and tomorrow's games. Need Jordy Nelson to step up tonight bigtime and hope Demaryius Thomas flops tomorrow night while McGahee does okay.

Thanks refs for screwing Vick out of a touchdown with that phantom offensive pass interference call on Celek earlier today. Vick turns it over so much I NEED every score I can get!

Wow, Nelson came up big tonight, basically gave me a win in 1 CAG league this week as I'll be up by over 30 and opponent only has McGahee to play.

Unfortunately, in my other CAG matchup that was tied before the GB game, opponent has James Jones and Matt Schaub so hes up by 23, and I have McGahee/Prater playing tomorrow night while he has Demaryius Thomas. Unlikely to get the win there.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Wow, Nelson came up big tonight, basically gave me a win in 1 CAG league this week as I'll be up by over 30 and opponent only has McGahee to play.

[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat except only up by 20. Totally thought I lost when the Eagles collapse in the 4th and let M. Stafford go off and A.J. Green going off in the 4th too.

Did you guys think W. McGahee will get 20 points tommorrow? I really need a win. Go Bolts!!!

With the way Hernandez came back and basically took most of the life out of Gronkowski, I think I am going to grab a backup off the waiver. That means dropping one of these two guys as I love the rest of my team. What do you think, Fred Jackson or Pierre Thomas? Thomas is consistent, but I feel like has very little break out potential. Jackson has sucked almost all year, but seeing him get a little life this week makes we wonder if I should still get rid of him or not.

Majority of the players on my teams decided to suck it up hardcore yesterday. And thanks to Oakland doing better than I thought they would, Matt Ryan stunk it up while Aaron Rodgers sat on my bench and racked up the points. Ugh.

Another week, another reminder why I hate* fantasy football - I'm playing the #1 team who is 5-0 and he scores the second least amount of points in the league this week (about 50 points less than his average) and I scored the least. My worst week by far - my team completely shit the bed.

*love

[quote name='4thHorseman']Majority of the players on my teams decided to suck it up hardcore yesterday. And thanks to Oakland doing better than I thought they would, Matt Ryan stunk it up while Aaron Rodgers sat on my bench and racked up the points. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

You need to trade one of them. Unless your league is 8 teams.

M. Lynch @ Niner's D?

I'm leaning against because the Niners should be fired up after laying an egg this weekend. On the other hand, Lynch is my best RB so sitting him will be tough and he has been good against the Niners.

[quote name='winterice']M. Lynch @ Niner's D?

I'm leaning against because the Niners should be fired up after laying an egg this weekend. On the other hand, Lynch is my best RB so sitting him will be tough and he has been good against the Niners.[/QUOTE]

Still had the only good game against them last year, but that was in Seattle. What are your other options?

[quote name='DestroVega']Still had the only good game against them last year, but that was in Seattle. What are your other options?[/QUOTE]

D. Martin, R. Mendenhall, R. Turbin and J. Best. I just read that Best failed his concussion test. I picked him up last week hoping he gets cleared and becomes a decent flex play or trade bait. Maybe it's time to throw that out the window and drop him.

bread's done
Back