2015 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

Nothing much here at my Goodwill. Might be the end of finding anything game related anymore for me, I'm friends with someone who works there. He had tried to save me a box of games(Wii U, Xbox One, etc) right after they would start to price them so I could take a look. But unfortunately, they were shipped to the warehouse for online sales(all the sports games were priced though :wall: ). My goodwill just got the sticker tags too, they were using markers before.

Last find possibly : PS2 Army Men Sarge's Heroes 2 Complete

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked Up at A Goodwill in New Jersey $6 total for

-Purple Gameboy Color, excellent condition.

-Little Nicky for GBC.

-Spongebob Squarepants: Legend of the Lost Spatula for GBC

-Frogger 2 for the GBC 

-GBC Case 

Nothing amazing, but thought id share.

Found a CD-i game, definitely never expected to see anything CD-i related ever...

Super mint copy of "The Wacky World of Miniature Golf"

ZkAGhD4.jpg

Bah - I decided to hit up two thrift stores after seeing the good stuff posted here recently. I always forget how much I hate thrift stores.

At the second one I could see the NES carts outside while walking in. So I immediately headed right over there when inside and came across this.

[attachment=13347:20150330_125410.jpg]

Bah - I decided to hit up two thrift stores after seeing the good stuff posted here recently. I always forget how much I hate thrift stores.

At the second one I could see the NES carts outside while walking in. So I immediately headed right over there when inside and came across this.

20150330_125410.jpg
At least the prices aren't bat shit crazy. They're pretty on point which is at least reasonable.

@SlowDive, do you remember what tjperez123 (on the Amiibo thread) said? When his Amiibo got damaged on the subway? I need to use that phrase for something lol, thanks in advance!

Sorry, off topic

@SlowDive, do you remember what tjperez123 (on the Amiibo thread) said? When his Amiibo got damaged on the subway? I need to use that phrase for something lol, thanks in advance!

Sorry, off topic
"I was able to get a brand new Pit yesterday in New York. I'm coming home on the train and it was packed. Some dick head fucked up the box I was about to swing on him. Shit got me hot." That is the exact quote.

"I was able to get a brand new Pit yesterday in New York. I'm coming home on the train and it was packed. Some dick head fucked up the box I was about to swing on him. Shit got me hot." That is the exact quote.
Those are the two quotes I was looking for, thanks. "Swing on him" and "Shit got me hot" XD ! Time to utilize them.

Found these at a thrift store while traveling. All new and sealed. The current-gen games were $10 and the last-gen games were between $4.50 and $7.

[attachment=13364:FullSizeRender.jpg]

Solid PS2 find earlier tonight at the local goodwill, Crash of the Titans for 2.99, been wanting this one for a while. Is pretty damn mint for a goodwill find too.

LyTIezC.jpg

The prices seem pretty crazy to me. I guess it isn't completely ludicrous like the 100 dollar cordless Atari I took a photo of like 8 months ago, but those prices are on the top end of the buy it now + shippings on ebay.

Also add in all the no returns and everything being sold as-is just makes it worse.

I'm guessing the worker took the games and seached on ebay. Sorted highest priced to lowest and took what he saw and used that.

Thanks about the nemch buffer from hd, bought one today and fixed some discs. Just buffed out a non playable ssmbm I got for free and now it works!

Thanks about the nemch buffer from hd, bought one today and fixed some discs. Just buffed out a non playable ssmbm I got for free and now it works!

Pretty easy I followed this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rf3Rwfntc9k. After a few tests on games I didn't care I got a hang of it, totally easy

All the stuff you can get at hf..

Just the buffer, and white polishing compound.
Glad to see someone took my advice. :D The blue compound also works; it's more waxy and seems to leave less residue.

[attachment=13412:20150401_140627.jpg]

-Farming Simulator for $5

-Arthur and The Invisibles for $1

-Sealed Tiger Handeheld Jeopardy Game for $1.10 

-Frogger: Ancient Shadow for $1

[attachment=13411:20150401_140052.jpg]

Bag of Skylanders for $2.40

[attachment=13410:20150401_135926.jpg]

NFL Blitz 2001 & The legend of Zelda Majora's Mask Gold holographic cart for $3.90

Went to a used Toy Store and was looking through the lady who owned it's meager video game selection. I got talking to her and asked about the NES and SNES she had she wanted $36 for the SNES (even though it had no cords or controllers) and to make her an offer on the NES because she didn't know if it worked. I told her my brother knew how to fix the NES console and that I'm sure she could ask a local game store down the street if they could test the system for her though I dont know how much they would charge. I mentioned I was looking for Atari paddles and she said she had a box of Atari stuff in the back. She pulled it out and in it were 2 NES Maxes, 2 playstation classic controllers, a broken Pelican N64 controller, and an acclaim wireless controller set for the NES. I helped her untangle all the cords and she had a ton of Atari controllers, mostly 3rd party controllers but about a half dozen paddle controllers and 1 or 2 controllers I was stumped on even. The lady was impressed that I knew my stuff and I told her it would be worth it to sell the Acclaim Wireless controller set online probably.

I picked out the controllers I wanted along with a few knicknacks. Here is what I got for $10 and a cool story:

An Atari Paddle set (now I can test out Super Breakout!)

4 NES plastic cases and 1 dust cover

and an Atari 2600 Keyboard Controller

Today was one of those days where I kind of did well, but if I'd been a few minutes earlier I'd have done way better. As I walk into Goodwill I see a lady with a stack of like 10 Wii games and 3 or 4 Wiimotes all marked 1.99 each. At least a few were kids ones but I saw Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii for sure...

She left a few though, including a couple finds I'm really happy about.

I got:

Jak 2 (PS2): 1.99 (complete in great shape, meh price but I needed it still)

Hitman Blood Money (PS2): 1.99

Burnout 3 (PS2): 1.99

Buzz Lightyear (DC): 2..99 (One more off my complete DC search)

Mario Galaxy (Wii): 1.99

Mario Party 8 (Wii) SEALED: 1.99

Zelda Link to the Past (GB): 1.99

Donkey Kong (GB): 1.99

Iridion 3D (GBA): 1.99

Retron 3 (no cables but with both controllers): 14.99

Felt pretty okay about that. I already had Mario Party 8 so I exchanged it no receipt at wal mart and got Bloodborne for only another 10.00. Ya, not the most ethical thing but.... I wanted Bloodborne, ha ha.

Today was one of those days where I kind of did well, but if I'd been a few minutes earlier I'd have done way better. As I walk into Goodwill I see a lady with a stack of like 10 Wii games and 3 or 4 Wiimotes all marked 1.99 each. At least a few were kids ones but I saw Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii for sure...

She left a few though, including a couple finds I'm really happy about.

I got:

Jak 2 (PS2): 1.99 (complete in great shape, meh price but I needed it still)

Hitman Blood Money (PS2): 1.99

Burnout 3 (PS2): 1.99

Buzz Lightyear (DC): 2..99 (One more off my complete DC search)

Mario Galaxy (Wii): 1.99

Mario Party 8 (Wii) SEALED: 1.99

Zelda Link to the Past (GB): 1.99

Donkey Kong (GB): 1.99

Iridion 3D (GBA): 1.99

Retron 3 (no cables but with both controllers): 14.99

Felt pretty okay about that. I already had Mario Party 8 so I exchanged it no receipt at wal mart and got Bloodborne for only another 10.00. Ya, not the most ethical thing but.... I wanted Bloodborne, ha ha.
It is unethical wow but good finds

I agree, not the greatest thing in the world, but I don't feel too bad considering Wal Mart doesn't seem to care at all. I even flat out said when returning it I wasn't sure it was bought at wal mart and they didn't even shrug.

The prices seem pretty crazy to me. I guess it isn't completely ludicrous like the 100 dollar cordless Atari I took a photo of like 8 months ago, but those prices are on the top end of the buy it now + shippings on ebay.

Also add in all the no returns and everything being sold as-is just makes it worse.

I'm guessing the worker took the games and seached on ebay. Sorted highest priced to lowest and took what he saw and used that.
I don't know, both NES Zelda games are worth a lot more now than they were last year. $25 and $17 really aren't off base. If you consider shipping those prices are actually cheaper than Amazon.

20150406_185439.jpg

360 games 5 bucks each sealed at goodwill. Medal of Honor was half off, so only 1.50, missing manual though

Scored:

A bag of DS Games (Kirby Squeak Squad, Kirby Canvas Curse, Animal Crossing, ATV Quad, X-Men) for $20

MLB/NBA 2K12 for $6

7xBcOj3.jpg

Did not buy:

Assassin's Creed Brother Hood Jack-in-the-Box w/o key $5

Atari 5200 system (complete w/ box, wires, controllers) - $80

Final Fantasy 9 (Complete) $6

VIx0IAp.jpg

kuWAgOr.jpg

Picked up two Wii Motion Plus add ons for a buck a piece and Monthy Python quest for the holy grail br for 1.99. Not at goodwill

I recently had a disc only wow 2 ps1 that I got at a flea market for a dollar. I gave it to a game shop for free no credit.

I went to a Goodwill on the AZ/MEX border a few days ago, and found a trough (I'm not shitting you, it was a trough) full of computer monitors. Not CRTs, either, but liquid crystal displays, some with DVI ports. They weren't state of the art and they sure weren't brand new, but for four dollars I wasn't complaining. I used the pencil eraser trick to clean up the screens... it worked beautifully on one but left a dark bruise on the other. You win some, you lose some, I guess!

Now I wanna go back and see if they have any of those displays left...

[attachment=13792:IMG_4057.JPG]

Went to one of the thrifts I don't normally frequent and they had a BOGO free on media. For $9 I picked up:

-PS2 Phantasy Star Universe, just missing cover art (that's the manual in the cover slip

-GCN Spyro A Hero's Tail, missing manual

-PS2 Red Faction II, disc only

-Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 7

Considered getting the rest of Buffy (they had the whole series), but they were $6 a pop. Overall not bad, I think.

Went to a Goodwill today.

Found a Homefront, Myst 2 Riven, and Myst 3 Exile guides for $1 total for all 3.

Also found a complete in box Neatgear N200 router for $3. It has some scuffs and stuff on it, but came with the CD, stand, power adapter, and ethernet cable. I plugged it into an outlet in Goodwill and my phone saw the wifi signal from it...beyond that I do not know if it works, but for $3 worth a shot.

I plan on flashing dd-wrt on it and using either using this or my existing router (whichever is worse) as a range extender.

Total out the door was like $4.25 or something for everything.

bread's done
Back