2015 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

Finally decided to hit up the local GW thats been reopened for about a week, they were closed for remodeling for over a month. They now have the tall glass displays by the register that I loathe because those usually are filled with what I call "Goodwills overpriced treasures". Had a bunch of purses and sealed Target stuff inside. I heads towards the back.....same old crap as before....just more of it! I catch that familiar grey off in the distance....N64 games! Sports, sports, sports, wrestling, ......kinda looked like they had already been picked through. I got these for $3 apiece, left the sports and Wave Race 64 because I already own 2 copies of it. 

Then I got curious and checked ShopGoodwill. While they were closed they sold an NES, about 30 NES games, a Wii, and a huge Pokemon card lot. One of the other stores has been selling a lot of NES, SNES, N64, and Wii stuff the past 2 months!  :wall:  fuck

Then I got curious and checked ShopGoodwill. While they were closed they sold an NES, about 30 NES games, a Wii, and a huge Pokemon card lot. One of the other stores has been selling a lot of NES, SNES, N64, and Wii stuff the past 2 months! :wall: fuck
How do you search locally on there? Or did you look at games and just notice it listed the store?

nvm, I see the search function. I assume you used the dropdown to see what stores are listed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I search "nintendo" then check the box to search for that in the title and description. Then I select the local GW group. In each auction near the bottom it should say which store the item came from. I usually check whats currently being auctioned and then go back and check what was sold in the past 45 days. 

Always check every gamecube case, the odds are in your favor that there may be something good inside.

Just checked inside a destroyed Wreckless: Yakuza Missions case and found a copy of Pokemon Colosseum

Also got lots of good CDs at 1.99 or less a piece.

Pearl Jam: Ten, Self Titled and Vitalogy
Taproot: Blue Sky Research
Flaw: Through the Eyes
Nirvana: In Utero

I search "nintendo" then check the box to search for that in the title and description. Then I select the local GW group. In each auction near the bottom it should say which store the item came from. I usually check whats currently being auctioned and then go back and check what was sold in the past 45 days.
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewitem-sugg.asp?itemid=20393296

Nintendo test cartridge in this lot. Still not worth what it is selling for. Just interesting to see one.

It looks like northern Illinois doesnt have a drop down. I've heard they sell on there...

How easy is it to troll bid shopgoodwill? I mean, people can troll bid on ebay with virtually no repercussions so I wonder if this is a troll bid because it seems way off.
I think someone threw a copy up on ebay for $5,000. So the high bidder most likely saw it on ebay and was like, "Wow that is worth 5 grand!"

Hmmm, I don't see anything Baltimore related in that local group list. I wonder if that means my area doesn't really use the auction site yet.

After a 2 week long dry spell I finally came across these, they had them bundled together for $24.99 and stupidly put the sticker on top of the screen of the pocket. I was going to pass but figured I'd best check the games and found LoZ: Oracle of Ages in the Color so I bought them. Gonna have to get creative with some goo gone but the pocket is otherwise in mint condition. The color is a little rough but good enough.

aOfrQ0f.jpg

Yeah savers put the stickers in the most stupid of places.  Went there yesterday and they had comic books and the put a price tag on the cover, geez.  At least cheap bag them and place tag on the bag, but they rather destroy something I guess. 

Nice pick up on the Zelda game though.

Sooo... How much is a Pioneer LaserActive controller worth untested? Just picked one up for 3.99 along with a single band 360 wireless adapter for 1.99, solid finds.

It's been pretty dry lately, but I did have an odd find today:

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25278]

Anyone want to go shoplifting?  :lol:

Went out shopping and found some nice stuff at Goodwill

Duke Nukem Forever (PS3) ($1.99) -- it's in really good shape. Will be most likely taking it into the used game store to see what I can exchange it for.

Ratatouille

The Matrix

Spider-Man

Soundtrack for Hope Floats

Left of the middle -- Natalie Imbruglia

Soundtrack for Reality Bites

Boys for Pele -- Tori Amos

Party doll and other favorites -- Mary Chapin Carpenter

Moonlight Serenade -- Carly Simon

Nevermind -- Nirvana

10 from 6 -- Bad Company

A Few small repairs -- Shawn Colvin

Right here, right now -- Van Halen Live

Document -- R.E.M.

New Beginning -- Tracy Chapman

After a 2 week long dry spell I finally came across these, they had them bundled together for $24.99 and stupidly put the sticker on top of the screen of the pocket. I was going to pass but figured I'd best check the games and found LoZ: Oracle of Ages in the Color so I bought them. Gonna have to get creative with some goo gone but the pocket is otherwise in mint condition. The color is a little rough but good enough.

aOfrQ0f.jpg
Very nice find on the Game Boys and the LOZ: Oracle of Ages! That game is really fun.

It's been pretty dry lately, but I did have an odd find today:

Anyone want to go shoplifting? :lol:
That was probably used by the store to remove those tags from any donations. Someone found it and didn't know what it was for so they put it out for sale.

Not a thrift store (was a pawn shop), but, I *finally* found a copy of Kid Icarus Uprising today! $9.95!

Got an N64 Cleaning Kit CIB for 6.99 and an E-Reader for 3.99

Cleaning kit is all in awesome shape apart from the box being a bit squished, definitely not as bad as it could be though.

Awesome thanks. Gonna check it out. Do you apply any liquid based solution with it?
I use either the White or Blue compound, they sell them at HF too, about $5.

Not my best example, but I just did this one, and it was WRECKED. First pic is halfway through, so you can still see the extent of how bad it was. Second picture shows afterwards. It's not as perfect as it looks, phone kept focusing on the fluorescent light in the reflection :lol: :

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25284]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25285]

I use either the White or Blue compound, they sell them at HF too, about $5.

Not my best example, but I just did this one, and it was WRECKED. First pic is halfway through, so you can still see the extent of how bad it was. Second picture shows afterwards. It's not as perfect as it looks, phone kept focusing on the fluorescent light in the reflection :lol: :
WOW! That's good man. I'm definitely picking up a buffer machine when I have extra money lying around.

Wished I knew before hand because I sold a CAGER a badly scratched disc of Mega Man Legends and Einhander for $20 shipped.

Would you willing to fix Battlefront II for me? Both of them are badly scratched and I will let you keep one of the game with its case & artwork (missing manual). Just ship one of the copies back to me.

VHNbWAO.jpg

Just got these games today. All complete and mint discs. $6 each.

OmV1Gpw.jpg

I almost bought Super Smash Bros Wii U for $20, Evolved PS4 for $25, Super Mario 3D land for $10, and NHL 15 (Xbox One and Xbox 360) for $20~$30. Too much for me though.

XLhsum5.jpg

Smash Bros for Wii U was too expensive at $20!? Arrgh man, I would have been on it like a starving wolf on a steak!

(sigh) Oh well, I can always take solace in my $2 copy of Windows 7 Professional...

WOW! That's good man. I'm definitely picking up a buffer machine when I have extra money lying around.

Wished I knew before hand because I sold a CAGER a badly scratched disc of Mega Man Legends and Einhander for $20 shipped.

Would you willing to fix Battlefront II for me? Both of them are badly scratched and I will let you keep one of the game with its case & artwork (missing manual). Just ship one of the copies back to me.

VHNbWAO.jpg
I could do that for you. Can you take a pic of each discs surface, just so I can see what I'm getting myself into?

Just got these games today. All complete and mint discs. $6 each.

I almost bought Super Smash Bros Wii U for $20, Evolved PS4 for $25, Super Mario 3D land for $10, and NHL 15 (Xbox One and Xbox 360) for $20~$30. Too much for me though.
I almost didn't like your post since you actually passed on Smash Wii U for $20, but I guess if you aren't going to play it I can see why you didn't buy it. Isn't Brawl still going for $25+? And that came out 7 years ago, so I doubt Smash Wii U will ever be cheaper than $30 besides random clearances.

I almost didn't like your post since you actually passed on Smash Wii U for $20, but I guess if you aren't going to play it I can see why you didn't buy it. Isn't Brawl still going for $25+? And that came out 7 years ago, so I doubt Smash Wii U will ever be cheaper than $30 besides random clearances.
Not sure if you can tell by the photo but the case/cover-artwork was damage (cuts, punch hole, the plastic sheath of the case is torn off) and I don't own a Wii U yet. I'm very picky on condition when it's more than $20.

Not sure if you can tell by the photo but the case/cover-artwork was damage (cuts, punch hole, the plastic sheath of the case is torn off) and I don't own a Wii U yet. I'm very picky on condition when it's more than $20.
Yeah I didn't see the damage until you pointed it out, but you could at least swap out the case with a lesser game. Still would of been a highlight for me if I would of seen it (guessing this is Target drop off kind of deal that none of the GW in my area participate in).

I will take a photo of the discs later tonight.
Sounds good.

Yeah I didn't see the damage until you pointed it out, but you could at least swap out the case with a lesser game. Still would of been a highlight for me if I would of seen it (guessing this is Target drop off kind of deal that none of the GW in my area participate in).
My GW stopped doing that. The majority of the Target stuff they got was broken junk and they were losing money because of it. GW buys the stuff from Target, it's not just donated.

The case can be easily replaced but how about the cover-artwork?

Yeah this game did come from Target because it has the def salvage sticker on the back.

Sounds good.

My GW stopped doing that. The majority of the Target stuff they got was broken junk and they were losing money because of it. GW buys the stuff from Target, it's not just donated.
Game 1:
KOurraR.jpg

Game 2:
Oizs0Ej.jpg

Can you fix it? I got these 10 years ago from GameStop. They gave them to me for free.

Those don't look too bad, looks mostly like alot of surface scratching. Any deep gouges?

I'll definitely give it a whirl.
Just a lot of surface scratches. No deep scratches as far as I can tell. PM your address today and I will ship them out ASAP.

20150321_180013.jpg

ps1 games were different prices for whatever reason, but needed them for the collection so picked them up. Funny I was trying

to trade for Intelligent Qube with someone for the past week, but they didn't get back to me on a trade offer, so finding it out 

in the wild, for this price, was definitely nice. gameboy advance/ds game 5 each, pokemon book 69 cents, other prices I think 

you guys can see

Picked up a few classic cartridge games today, including a Wii U Game and my first Amibbo figure.

m7ZZqTo.jpg

ZFi15Cm.jpg

Here's other games and 7770 GPU that I did not buy:

IwZ2Hy0.jpg

w2mNIPV.jpg

I was traveling last week and took the opportunity to stop at a couple of new thrift stores. Got a small TV stand to keep for $7, and two things for selling: four LeapPad games for $6 total, and a Spongebob Plug n Play for $4. Opened the bags up when I got home and discovered someone had inexplicably packed a nail brush in with the Spongebob game. Not sure what that's about, but at least I can use it to clean the controller a bit.

I need to sell my copy.  I bought the LE at a Kmart several years ago for a few bucks.  Never did open it, and, I doubt I'd ever get around to playing it.

bread's done
Back