2nd CAG SSBB Tournament!!! - Currently: FINAL MATCH - JMG!!! vs Peachachu

[quote name='Mr. Beef']You know what's awesome? Getting so sick over the weekend that you can't even move. That shit never gets old.

.....:([/quote]

What happened Beef? Did Joe's kart run you over in the weekend? Speak to me..

[quote name='hero101']What happened Beef? Did Joe's kart run you over in the weekend? Speak to me..[/quote]

O:) What? Me do anything bad to Beef? No.

In other news, what's the verdict in Elite King Hero vs. Adiculo's Crusher? I'd like confirmation of what you plan to do. :)

[quote name='JoeB1233']O:) What? Me do anything bad to Beef? No.

In other news, what's the verdict in Elite King Hero vs. Adiculo's Crusher? I'd like confirmation of what you plan to do. :)[/quote]
Adiculo's Crusher dropped out

[quote name='UltimoRey']Adiculo's Crusher dropped out[/quote]

Alright, if that's the case, I'll update the OP. Only one match left.
And it's mine. :cry:

Don't worry, I'm recovering slowly, but surely. As I told Arikado, I'm free this week, mainly wednesday through friday after 3 Pacific (which is when I get off work).

Looks like it's Maigo's team we're up against. I hope you said your prayers, because I'm going to eat them. PERMANENTLY.

I just came home, Joe and Marc. I'm so busy trying to graduate college that I might have to be put on the injured/reserved list. I might be able to get into round two but we have to make sure it's really a set time this time, can't schedule my life to a Smash tournament :lol: ;)

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']We lost. Connection sucked. Laggy as hell. Many suicides.
Exactly as planned. :cool:[/quote]

Really? I didn't think it was too laggy, especially the second match. I thought it was rather smooth, for a four-player game. But you're right - suicides happened a-plenty. :applause: for us! Once again, guys, thanks for working with us to get all of this worked out. Good luck in your second match, and we hope to see you again! :)

[quote name='Mad D']I just came home, Joe and Marc. I'm so busy trying to graduate college that I might have to be put on the injured/reserved list. I might be able to get into round two but we have to make sure it's really a set time this time, can't schedule my life to a Smash tournament :lol: ;)[/quote]

You're right - so sorry! We'll PM zerowing and Fish ASAP and try to arrange our match for Friday or Saturday night. PM me, Mad D, and let me know what your best times are! :)

Anyway, here's the official battle report.

@ Battlefield : Joe's Mad Goo!!! (King Dedede and ROB) d. Attack of the PK ... Fury (Marth and Toon Link [Thanks, JFD!])
@ Final Destination : Joe's Mad Goo!!! (King Dedede and ROB) d. Attack of the PK ... Fury (Mario and Lucas)

On Battlefield was Marth and Toon Link, Joe. :p
Also, I need to get that multiman song. It was epic.

Also, it turns out that Seans not a Smash fanatic anymore (=-O), is there anyway I can get a friend of mine to be my partner for the losers bracket? or does he have to be a member of CAG?

Is there going to be a losers bracket?

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']On Battlefield was Marth and Toon Link, Joe. :p
Also, I need to get that multiman song. It was epic.

Also, it turns out that Seans not a Smash fanatic anymore (=-O), is there anyway I can get a friend of mine to be my partner for the losers bracket? or does he have to be a member of CAG?

Is there going to be a losers bracket?[/quote]

There sure will be a loser's bracket. Check the front page for all the details. Your next pairing is already posted. :D

As for adding a third player, I'll have to discuss that with goo. I'll try to get back to you tomorrow. :)

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Looks like it's Maigo's team we're up against. I hope you said your prayers, because I'm going to eat them. PERMANENTLY.[/quote]

You can have them, you'll definitely be needing them after I'm finished with you.

There will be tales of this match, most of them starting with "you remember Mr. Beef? He didn't always use to look like that"

Ok, JoeB. Here's the link to the tournament brackets. I had to use a new format b/c brackets become more complicated w/ DE rules. Sorry for not using the logo.

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=277445&tclass=

I will be putting up scores as well as participants (click on score to see) for each round. After finishing your round, do you guys mind mentioning the outcome along w/ who participated?

I am also missing the following information for Round 1:

Maigoyume: Who was your partner and what was the final score?
StealthyNinjaScyther: Who was your partner?

EDIT: Regarding JFD's situation, why not? Let him have his chance w/ someone who's interested in Smash.

[quote name='evergoo']
EDIT: Regarding JFD's situation, why not? Let him have his chance w/ someone who's interested in Smash.[/quote]

You heard the man! Good luck with your new partner next round, JFD! :D

[quote name='evergoo']
I am also missing the following information for Round 1:
StealthyNinjaScyther: Who was your partner?
[/quote]
That was antlp89.

Good job on the brackets :applause: I was wondering how our team name would be displayed :lol:

-
I keep wanting to practice but I can't find anyone online :bomb:
The other day I had to practice teams using computer characters. Which actually worked since it prepared me for friendly fire. Always block and roll if you land near your team mate :lol:

[quote name='maigoyume']You can have them, you'll definitely be needing them after I'm finished with you.

There will be tales of this match, most of them starting with "you remember Mr. Beef? He didn't always use to look like that"[/quote]
"I'm sorry your vision of me is skewed, but I beat you so badly, your eyesight just isn't what it used to be."

That will be my response when someone brings that up.

All these insults, and yet no one is saying "How appropriate. You fight like a cow."

Shameful. Shameful.

And if no one knows what the fuck I'm talking about, then may the gods have mercy on your souls.

It is understood that every post I make has the above phrase in it automatically. Just because none of you have infrared vision and thus cannot see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

You're the one with the fancy goggles, and even you can't see it. Turnabout Pimpslap, bitch!

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Friday or Saturday good for you?[/quote]

Yeah Saturday is probably better. I think we like Bridge of Eldin as far maps go.

Barring any unforseen circumstances (like my coworker coming in late), I'll be ready to play at around 4-ish Pacific today. Now to get back to work before I get busted.

[quote name='dastly75']Yeah Saturday is probably better. I think we like Bridge of Eldin as far maps go.[/QUOTE]
Oh nice. I've been restricting myself to picking the smaller maps still and I don't know why.

Eldin, Pork City, Temple, etc. would be great with this tourney.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Barring any unforseen circumstances (like my coworker coming in late), I'll be ready to play at around 4-ish Pacific today. Now to get back to work before I get busted.[/QUOTE]

I've got nothing going on the rest of the day, so I'll be ready to go as well.

Just clocked out at work (coworker was late...should've seen it coming), and I'll be home in a little while. Man, I hate today.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Oh nice. I've been restricting myself to picking the smaller maps still and I don't know why.

Eldin, Pork City, Temple, etc. would be great with this tourney.[/quote]

Saturday night works for me. I'll be out of work around 6 o'clock EST. Does that work?

Blue's computer is dying, so no videos for this round. :(

Edit: ...which is a shame; those were amazing matches. Blue Thunder wins, but only barely.

[quote name='zitanix']Blue's computer is dying, so no videos for this round. :([/QUOTE]

My recording box doubles as a DVR so I forgot to check if something was conflicting. So no videos for this round unfortunately.

Good games to dyeknom and DaisyDog, they were fairly close up until the end. We somehow still managed to pull it off. Good luck in the remaining rounds.

I like how we just kept playing for the fun of it.

But yeah, you guys won. Congratulations :)
Though I want an official ruling on the monkey throwing maneuver j/k :lol:
-

Joe, does our team still get to compete?

Almost forgot, stats for Evergoo:
Round 2
Team :whee:- Red team - Dyeknom and Daisydog participated - 0 wins (but so close on the first 2 rounds!) :lol:
Team Blue Thunder - Blue team - Zitanix and BlueLobstah participated - 3 wins

Team Blue Thunder won.

[quote name='Daisydog']Almost forgot, stats for Evergoo:
Round 2
Team :whee:- Red team - Dyeknom and Daisydog participated - 0 wins (but so close on the first 2 rounds!) :lol:
Team Blue Thunder - Blue team - Zitanix and BlueLobstah participated - 3 wins

Team Blue Thunder won.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Daisydog. Your next opponent is the winner of Team Win/Awesome vs. The Jiggly Walrus.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Just clocked out at work (coworker was late...should've seen it coming), and I'll be home in a little while. Man, I hate today.[/QUOTE]

I feel ya man. If you think that's bad, wait until you experience tomorrow...hell on earth.

SHOW US YOUR MOVES (Arikado, Mr. Beef) vs. Duel Aura Stars (maigoyume, Renald)

SHOW US YOUR MOVES 6 - 5 Duel Aura Stars on Yoshi's Island
This one was a close one. I was the Captain, Beef was Lucario. Maigo was Lucario, Renald was Kirby. It was pretty confusing having two Lucarios run around, especially when he's blue and wearing a red shirt. It boiled down to me against Maigo and Renald at the end and I managed to pull it off. After KOing Renald, Maigo and I were in a very intense standoff, trading small hits and playing conservatively. In the end, I manage to land a knee for the game winner.

SHOW US YOUR MOVES 6 - 4 Duel Aura Stars on Final Destination
Beef switched up to Ness for this one. He managed to land a few brutal KOs with PK Thunder. Much less confusing with only one Lucario.

Bonus three rounds afterwards were fun too, guys. That Falco hold into the Snake C4 stick was too good. :lol: Great games.

Very good games to Beef and Kado, I just can't land many hits on either of you

ESPECIALLY ARIKADO :bomb:

We need to 1v1, I'm going to find a way to score a clean hit. Even if I have to use my secret weapon.

Maigoyume,

Who was your partner for the first round? Need it for stats.

And I put down the final score as 2-0. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The C4 stick moment was too perfect. More money than a bank vault. Terrific games.

Wow, I realized last night how long I've been gone from online games. The lag surprised me so much, although I wasn't without my share of mistakes. Either way, I need to practice more online games, but that'll be for next week. I'm busy this weekend, so if Team SHOW US YOUR MOVES has another game lined up this weekend, you'll know why I'm gone.

Evergoo, I don't think you'd want to get me riled up, or I'll treat ya like a big slab of beef jerky from 7-11: FIERCE.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']
Evergoo, I don't think you'd want to get me riled up, or I'll treat ya like a big slab of beef jerky from 7-11: FIERCE.[/QUOTE]

*In Link's voice*
Excuse me! I was just referring to the weather in the Bay Area.

FYI: You don't wanna fuck with me. JoeB and I are gonna get our revenge and destroy your team in Round 3.

BE AFRAID...

Our Round 2 match will be happening tomorrow.

I should get on and play a bit tonight. Outside of two quick rounds last night, I haven't played since Round 1 of the tourney!

[quote name='Rig']Our Round 2 match will be happening tomorrow.

I should get on and play a bit tonight. Outside of two quick rounds last night, I haven't played since Round 1 of the tourney![/quote]
Rig, feel free to be as rusty as you want. no need for practice :lol:

[quote name='UltimoRey']Rig, feel free to be as rusty as you want. no need for practice :lol:[/quote]

Here's more good news:

FallMoon hasn't played for days either! :D

But it's like riding a bike...right?

[quote name='Mad D']Wait, so who's code do I have to add tonight for CF Apple Juice?[/quote]

Fish's, 0731 4448 0909. Hope you're ready!

bread's done
Back