3 for $30 games orig. $14.99 - $19.99 at TRU

espeece23

CAGiversary!
Just stopped in my local toys r us and saw this. Didn't see it posted, got minecraft for xbox, tekken tag tourney 2 and lego batman 2 for ps3 for $31.80 with tax. Would post my receipt, but only second post.

Has anyone seen Portal 2 for PS3 or Tekken Tag 2 for Wii U in-store? If so, are they $19.99?

Might go a little out of my way to check a couple other TRUs tomorrow but only if there's a chance of finding these two games. Thanks!

I picked up Pikmin 2 Wii, Sonic Colors on DS, and Kingdom Hearts re:coded for 30. I also picked up 3 copies of Portal 2 to flip at Gamestop, got 50-something in credit and used it to get Shin Megami Tensei IV, which will net me the 30 dollar eShop credit too. Pretty nice deal.

Thanks OP, great deal.

I went to my local TRU and found that games under 3 copies were OoS online but that does not mean they don't have it store, YMMV. Picked up: L4D (360), Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3), and Kingdoms of Almur (PS3). Might exchange L4D as they had a bunch of used copies for $13 and pick up Pikmin 2 or Paper Mario for the Wii.

Has anyone seen Portal 2 for PS3 or Tekken Tag 2 for Wii U in-store? If so, are they $19.99?

Might go a little out of my way to check a couple other TRUs tomorrow but only if there's a chance of finding these two games. Thanks!
I couldn't find Portal 2 on PS3, but I did find TTT on WiiU. It's not listed on thier website but I found a lone copy in a store. It was $20 bucks. Here's TTT UPC incase you wanted to see if a store can track one down for you. 722674810012

Grabbed Batman: AC GOTY, Red Dead Redemption, and Dark Souls all PS3.  Doesn't look like anyone has touched my Toys 'R' Us at all.

Have the following games in my cart and need some recommendations:

-Minecraft 360

-LEGO LOTR 360

-Mario Tennis Wii

-Mario Galaxy Wii

-Super Paper Mario Wii

-Kingdoms of Amalur 360

Amalur is basically in as GS trade fodder if I were to pick up everything else. I already owned and beat Galaxy years ago and had a hard time getting into Paper Mario but would love some CAG feedback on these.
Paper Mario is shitty.

I loved the original lego star wars game, got real close to getting every achieve. Any of the other lego games hold up to it? Are the other lego star wars games different? (I have Star Wars II, the original trilogy)

How about Darkness II?

Was gonna pull the trigger for the AC:NL guide but nowhere has it.
LEGO Star Wars and Indiana Jones are probably the worst games in the series. Never played LEGO SW3 ir Indiana Jones 2.

I would recommend the Batman games, and Pirates was pretty decent. I enjoyed LOTR and looking forward to Marvel.

Got a pretty good haul.

Picked up, all for X360:

Singularity

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2

Mortal Kombat: Komplete

Dead Space 2

Call of Duty: World at War

Came out to $64.xx

Picked up three copy's of Portal 2 for 360 today to pay for my Diablo 3 preorder at GS. Thanks for the heads up on the flip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paper Mario is shitty.

LEGO Star Wars and Indiana Jones are probably the worst games in the series. Never played LEGO SW3 ir Indiana Jones 2.

I would recommend the Batman games, and Pirates was pretty decent. I enjoyed LOTR and looking forward to Marvel.
Yeah, I remember playing it years ago and losing interest after a few levels. Gonna pass on it. as for Lego, I really enjoyed Pirates and Star Wars Complete Saga. Indy doesnt look as great to me but Batman does and I actually own LEGO Batman 2 but havent started it yet.

On an unrelated note, finally decided on an order.  Got Minecraft 360, Lego LOTR 360, and Super Mario Galaxy for $36 shipped.  $12 a piece is a good price for those 3 I think, I dont see any of them going lower than that for a while.

EDIT:   Well, cant order now.  My bank seems to be having an issue with my debit card and of course I cant call on Saturdays....ugh

I was able to PM Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack for 3DS, NFS: MW for Wii U and Mass Effect 3 Wii U.  However, TRU would not allow me to get the 3 for $30 on top of the PM.

Oh well, I guess I might be looking at this as a flip opportunity instead.

Picked up three copy's of Portal 2 for 360 today to pay for my Diablo 3 preorder at GS. Thanks for the heads up on the flip.
I'm new to CAG community, but I was looking at picking up 3 copies of Portal 2 as well. If my local GS store doesn't allow more than one copy to be traded in at a time would I just go to the next GS store and trade in?

Is there any sort of limit to how many games can be traded in? Like do they tie a history of trade in's to your account and make sure you are only allowed so many of a particular game? I would hate to pick up 3 copies of Portal 2 and be stuck only being allowed to trade in one of them.

went to mine, had the signs and they said on them it was valid until 9/7/13.

They didn't have the vita games I wanted, they only had like 7 vita games (maybe 4 different games) in their whole mini glass case for the vita.  

:(

Oh well I guess more money for my wallet!

Thanks for the info guys. Tried to pricematch, they said it could only be the 3 for 30 deal or the price match, not both. But every TRU is different. Some are helpful, some aren't. I got Dead Island, Left 4 Dead, and Dead Space 2. Never played em before but just heard good things.

Also bought 3 copies of Portal 2 and turned around and got 59 in store credit at gamestop, so I pretty much paid off gta 5 with 30 bucks. But they only took 1 copy per visit, some state law or something. So was a bit of a hassle. Thanks for the info tho.

I'm new to CAG community, but I was looking at picking up 3 copies of Portal 2 as well. If my local GS store doesn't allow more than one copy to be traded in at a time would I just go to the next GS store and trade in?

Is there any sort of limit to how many games can be traded in? Like do they tie a history of trade in's to your account and make sure you are only allowed so many of a particular game? I would hate to pick up 3 copies of Portal 2 and be stuck only being allowed to trade in one of them.
When I went, they only took 1 copy. But if you have someone bring in another copy, give them ur card to add it on there. That's what I had to do, because the first place would only let me trade in one. So next gamestop, had my gf. Went in seperately, and traded in.

There wasn't as much of a selection as I was hoping for at my Toys R Us, but I still picked up Minecraft, Lego Batman 2, and Street Fighter X Tekken. I might go back for Lego LotR, Mortal Kombat Komplete, and NFS MW on Vita.

My store had pretty limited selection.  Picked up KoA for PS3, Resident Evil for 360, and Portal 2 just to flip.  Comes out to 2 games for roughly $6 after flipping Portal, so seemed decent enough to me even though I've heard mixed reviews on RE6.

I really wanted NFS: MW for the Vita and KoA for the 360, not PS3...but I'll take what I can get I suppose.

Can't catch a break.  Went to 2 stores looking for Fallout new vegas and kingdom of amular for xbox and midway arcade origin on ps3.

No store had that combo and the distance between them does not make it economical to buy one and return it at another store.

So i managed to get only a few games. I got Max payne 3 and lollipop chainsaw for Xbox 360 and Kingdom Hearts Recoded. I hesitated for a minute but went back in and someone grabbed the last prof layton last spectre. I just could NOT find anything left.

I was set to get wii u edition of TTT2 but could NOT find 2 more games. There was NOTHING left. I got the last max payne 3 and lollipop chainsaw too. I was gonna get SFxTekken but no PS3 version (i want it for megaman and pacman), was gonna get portal 2 for PS3 OR Xbox 360 but both were out (probably due to GS flippers). But everything else i either didnt want, already own, or was $30 or more so not part of the sale.

Oh and its Tax Free Weekend in Mass and the store i go to is in MA. So that's also a good reason why the place was almost bone dry. But whatever i wanted lollipop chainsaw and KH recoded, and max payne 3 was my backup if portal 2 wasnt there so it worked out.

Yeah I went to three different Gamestops to do my trade ins. No limit overall that I know of just do one at a time per store.

nice deal, my store had tons of Portal 2 for 360. traded them to gamestop for a cheaper copy of Dragons Crown and most of a Mario and Luigi dream team pre-order.

the store around me was pretty barren concerning $20 games but i think it was always like that.  The game case was pretty much stuffed with games that were way over their MSRP.

damnit portal 2! why must you be so lucrative! I actually wanted it for $10 to keep and play it! haha oh well. it'll hit $10 again, someday, maybe amazon or a black friday price.

Went today and picked up Adventure Time (3DS), Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (PS3), and Portal 2 (360).  Wanted a copy of Lollipop Chainsaw, but they were out.

Then flipped Portal 2 for Dead Space 2 and Borderlands.

Ordered a copy of Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, and Mario Power Tennis. 3 games for $37 after S&H wasn't bad. Now I just need to get a wiimotion+ controller and a nunchuck for the games since I sold off my wii equipment long ago and recently repurchased a wii U.

Got Batman AA: GOTY (PS3), Batman AC:GOTY (PS3) and Portal 2 (360) in store. Although Arkham City was priced at 19.99, cashier had to override it since it apparently wasn't part of the 3 for 30 promotion. Thanks.

Surprisingly enough, they had everything I was looking for and I saw most of the items people mentioned here.  Got Lego Batman 2 (PS3), FFXIII-2 (PS3) and picked up a copy of Portal 2 360.  Flipped Portal 2 to GS for $18.20 ($13 base).  Still had quite a few copies left.  Wish Skyward Sword guide was $20 (was $25).

Only hitch was that the gamer guy tried to tell me the sale ended tonight but I pointed to the sign which said it was good through 9/7.

Just wanted to let everyone know I got free shipping. I had to call and place my order to use a $15 credit from a previous mistake. I gave my reference number for the credit and while speaking to the lady taking my order she said there were several ship dates. I asked if this could have anything to do with the $7+ shipping. She said it could (I really don't think it matters honestly). I then mentioned I would buy more from TRU but the nearest store is 2+ hours away (yea I live in the boonies) and shipping was kinda high. She was talking out loud walking herself through the stepd and said manually giving free shipping may void the sale but if so she would do a manual override. It didn't void the sale anyway she said after trying. It's not often you speak to a rep as nice and helpful.

Anyway, I ended up getting FF XIII-2, Kingdom of Amalur, and Silent Hill Downpour for $16 and change (after $15 credit was applied). Just wish online had a few of the games out of stock, or not offered online, available. Regardless can't go wrong with those games new and sealed for $16.

Obviously this is a YMMV (and my cost was even lower because of a past shipping mistake), but wanted to post my experience and maybe another lucky CAG will benefit from a similar conversation since I didn't even ask for it or anything. Good luck!

Might try my luck in getting Kingdom of Alamur, Portal 2, and Batman AA or AC GOTY.

I have Batman Arkham Assylum: Game of the Year Edition on my 360 backlog. Playing as the Joker/the Joker missions worth getting the PS3 version?

Also, I have Mass Effect on my 360 backlog, but have Mass Effect 2 on PS3.  Should I just skip Mass Effect on 360 and just download the PS3 version?

I plan to continue on PS3 with ME2 and 3 when I get it.

Since I can't find the games I wanted, has anyone tried to price match @ BB for this offer?
Mine did but they did say they usually don't.

I stopped by a TRU but couldn't find 3 games I wanted since BB pm'ed 3 for me already. I did find 3D Dot Hero for $9.98 and bought it.

I'm gonna head to Best Buy tomorrow to give this a shot.  They've got Tomb Raider for $17.99.  The idea of getting it for $10 is too good to pass up.  Plus I've got a $25 gift card.

I'm going to run to the store near me here in about an hour when it opens and see what they got, hopefully I can find some stuff that makes the trip worth it!

bread's done
Back