[360 OOS] Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition (360) $29.99 (PS3) $49.99 at Amazon

Bretts31344

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19767[/IMG-R]The Collector's Edition includes:

• Dead Rising 2 game disc
  • Exclusive two-disc steelbook case
  • High-Def disc with 83 Minute "Zombrex Dead Rising Sun" motion picture and 24 minute "Making of" featurette
  • Zombrex "Syringe" pen
  • Zombrex "Prescription" notepad (25 pages)
  • Zombrex "Safety" card
  • Zombrex "Prospectus" sales brochure (16 pages)
  • Dead Rising 2 hardback artbook (48 pages)
:360::ps3: Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition $29.99/$49.99 (360 now OOS)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chazdor']Hmmm....I see that everyone who bought the SE during the cyber monday deal last week is upset with this one, but I gotta ask is the CE of this game really even that great? It looks like you get a few cards and a movie that I'm sure is cool and all but it looks a total space eater. I place my games on a shelf and the SE fits perfectly along with all my other games I bought the CE of Halo 3 when it came out and I got this giant clumsy metal case that doesn't fit right and nowhere to really put it, but that's just me..figure I'd give a little food for thought on it![/QUOTE]

The BONUS Movie is so bad!!!!! They have it free on xbox live i could not watch more then 5 mins of it. I thought japan of all places would make a decent zombie flick or funny like bio zombie was. This movie made me really think to myself why oh why include this...

Worthless collectibles I will just pass on this deal even at $30. With my backlog it makes no sense to buy this game when the regular edition will be selling for $10 like the original in a year or so. My rule of thumb is unless I really want the game I won't buy it unless it is on sale for under $20. Also, even then I will probably wait closer to $10.

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']In 4 one, thanks OP!

Biggest problem with SlickDeals isn't flippers IMO, it's the sad human beings so many of those members are. So many (seems like most though) will do anything (harrass customer service, taking advantage of obvious glitches, faking student emails for free Amazon Prime and so much more) to save money, and will belittle those with morals.

CAG is a true community with decent folks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah because I'm sure people on here haven't done any of that stuff (sarcasm).

Not that there is anything wrong with taking advantage of a glitch or pricing error anyway.

In for one. People are going to start looking at me funny with the Zombrex pen and Bioshock hypo on my desk at work...

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']In 4 one, thanks OP!

Biggest problem with SlickDeals isn't flippers IMO, it's the sad human beings so many of those members are. So many (seems like most though) will do anything (harrass customer service, taking advantage of obvious glitches, faking student emails for free Amazon Prime and so much more) to save money, and will belittle those with morals.

CAG is a true community with decent folks.[/QUOTE]

I don't like to generalize, but partially agree SD's community can be very "ruthless" to get the deal. With that said, there are some really good nonvideogame related deals on there.

Ultimately, I love the CAG community and do my best to contribute.

[quote name='Camwi']Wow, this is possibly the best deal of the holiday season so far. I love you, OP![/QUOTE]

MY G**!! I want those tits!!

[quote name='3rdbass']Worthless collectibles I will just pass on this deal even at $30. With my backlog it makes no sense to buy this game when the regular edition will be selling for $10 like the original in a year or so. My rule of thumb is unless I really want the game I won't buy it unless it is on sale for under $20. Also, even then I will probably wait closer to $10.[/QUOTE]

I would normally agree with you but this is a $80 retail item not a $60 one. Then you got to include that it includes a really tight metal case which i love the look of. Then the other stuff i can care less about but some might. This version will not be $10 or less in the future more like 20-30 maybe even more? The stuff with extras like this holds the most value. I can care less about value i never trade in my stuff to lazy to they just get put in racks for later play they never get again.

A side note is most people that played this on my friends list played it for 1-3 days then never played it again. This is why i never went ahead and bought it cause there is nobody that wants to or have it now. So keep that in mind when you buy it.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I would normally agree with you but this is a $80 retail item not a $60 one. Then you got to include that it includes a really tight metal case which i love the look of. Then the other stuff i can care less about but some might. This version will not be $10 or less in the future more like 20-30 maybe even more? The stuff with extras like this holds the most value. I can care less about value i never trade in my stuff to lazy to they just get put in racks for later play they never get again.

A side note is most people that played this on my friends list played it for 1-3 days then never played it again. This is why i never went ahead and bought it cause there is nobody that wants to or have it now. So keep that in mind when you buy it.[/QUOTE]

I mean it is a good deal if you really want those collectibles. I'm sure though like your friends I will probably never play this game after a few times. I rather save my money for a game I really want to play. I bought AW collector's edition for $30 but I enjoyed the SE so that was a great deal for me. I know I won't enjoy DR so no reason to waste money on collectibles.

Do we think the PS3 version will drop below $50 before Christmas? Do you think it will at least be $50 again before Christmas?

[quote name='sherisdoppel']For those wondering, there are 160 copies left in stock for the 360 version.[/QUOTE]
Down to 120 haha theyre going fast.

426 left of the PS3 version :cry:

Edit: Price just went up for the 360. $50, same as PS3. Was going to check how many were left.

i had just ordered left 4 dead 2 yesterday craving for a zombie game, just cancelled and ordered this. i'll probably get l4d2 eventually for cheaper since its been out longer.

Yep, Amazon upped the price to $49.99. Glad I got my order in at $30!

regular edition is showing as $50. But 360 Collectors is still $30.

on the search page, yes, but when you actually click it, it's up to $49.99.

[quote name='japaki']why is it 49.99 for the 360 now?[/QUOTE]

Maybe because there are only 40 or so left?

I'm guessing the 29.99 price was a mistake for the 360. I'm guessing 49.99 should have been the correct price. They lowered the star wars force unleashed 2 collector's editions for the 360/ps3 to 49.99 each as well.

[quote name='Jabrim']No the slips from Amazon work fine, I have used them for textbooks and dvds. Check and make sure it is a UPS label and not a USPS.[/QUOTE]
Well I want to shit through usps and not ups. I need to paypal my own shipping slip then correct?

Picked it up for $30 about an hour ago. Great deal. I do have a question and was wondering if anyone could shed some light. What is the requirement for trading in collectors editions of games?

bread's done
Back